Womens Running

Hey Hey its THURSDAY (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

That rhymes

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Nice 9 hours of sleep last night. So much sleep that I am so tired. LOL. Wonder why that is? Felt like running today but I was a good girl.

Dinner was fun! Our CFO is really awesome. Lets just say its a good thing HR wasn't around for our conversations. That is why he is awesome! I had a few drinks - which honestly I haven't drank in MONTHS. So two was PLENTY for me! Smile Maybe that is why I slept so good. I felt so full afterwords...salmon, brussel sprouts and we had mussels for the table. Really good french restaurant that I have been to before. The salmon was good but wish I had ordered something else. It had some weird red sauce on it. Who puts red sauce on salmon?! Its good on its own! I am picky though.

I have to cut everything out of the diet starting today. Nothing with fiber basically. Nothing green. Luckily cauliflower tots still make the list Smile

Diane – It’s okay!! I know you didn’t mean any harm Smile You were just trying to be helpful! I get it Smile

Karen – I would have gotten there early to avoid the extra $60!!! Mostly because I can’t afford it LOL. But still that is dumb. Awe, that is so sweet of your dad! I am glad everything came together and you were able to make it so special for him!

Susan – WOOHOOO!!

Kilmisters – Totally agree on the calf tightness. Calf sleeves help A LOT with that. But you are right – regardless it takes a few miles to get them feeling okay. You know what else helps? Downward dog position. I would have never tried it if it wasn’t for Diane and Cathy suggesting it..but it works wonders. I even do it in my office sometimes. With the door shut of course. Wink I do work with a bunch of men so that wouldn’t be good if the door was open. LOL. Wow, nice miles yesterday!! I would say a run after that kind of call is the best way to handle it. I am sure you feel better afterword. Awesome on DH’s training! Is it more weight stuff than running? I heard one of my co-workers who was training for it say they would do x amount of pushups, situps, pull ups, curls and then go run a mile and repeat that 10x. NO. Just NO. I would rather run a marathon.

Margaret – Are you doing anything special for your 50th!? Awe, man! I hope you start feeling better soon! Nice of you to volunteer. Not blowing my nose – I hate blowing my nose because it itches and to me makes this worse. I sniff it all up. Which is probably why I get a cough everytime I get sick..phlegm. .

HuronHeart – Nice run last night. I hope you enjoyed your quiet evening Smile My hips are huge so I am sure the Athleta capris would work. I am going to try them. Yes, 21 degrees is low for our area for November. We do see temps like this but usually not until January or February. My very first marathon was Richmond back in 2015..and I remember it being SO COLD. I just looked it up and it was 38 degrees. So this one will be the coldest one I have ever done! I overdressed or that 2015 race..I am never going to complain about the cold though. EVER.

Yucky rainy day again. Day number 3. I wasn't going to take Ruger to daycare because he hates rain..but geez, he was running around the house this morning. He knew today was the day! Hopefully he has fun!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I felt much more energized and ready to dash to the park. I got in a good 50+ minutes and even saw a buck on his way from the trail to the park. Grocery afterward and yoga.

Wednesday the power went off so I took my big salad lunch to the park. After about 30 minutes of a 55 minute run I saw a buck and 2 other deer which saw me, then stayed there still watching, baring my way back to the car. Finally the buck led them off so I could continue.

By the time I ate lunch and got home, DC called and wanted to do a 2 mile hike. I was still dressed for the run, so I joined him and we ate at a favorite restaurant afterwards. We have one more hike to do. Then we will have done our required 8 hikes and will get nice little metal decorations for our hiking sticks.

Today I plan a park run. The deer are closing in.   

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Weights or an RD, as we have a show tonight.  Will depend on time, so I even canceled Pilates for it.  Thanks, husband, for just booking without telling me.

Lizzie, nice job sleeping that long.  My cats do not let me sleep more than 3 hours at a time.

HuronHeart, nice 3.

Judy, sounds like a nice day, between the run, the hike, and the dinner.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Kathy/HH, there are bills out here that still require a check...the one to the fire dept is one.  Fully understand the rural living.

Karen, it's so annoying when companies tack on stupid fees.  I'd have done the same thing.

Lizzie, again, I am so sorry.  Won't happen again.   Glad you had a nice dinner.  Personally I don't like fish so I'd have had something else but I do love Brussels.

Elina, still playing around with the idea of a Sprint Tri but no bike and really no safe place to ride one, and I fall off them all the time.  Glad DH is doing so well with his training.

Judy you have such fun runs.

Damaris a show sounds fun.  The PAC in Tulsa puts on some nice ones but it's so hard to get away with the dogs.

I had been feeling pretty down lately with no motivation to run or walk to even go to the gym but I did a 30 min walk last night on the TM and while I was in the tub I thought to myself, this time last year I was training for my 1st HM and so very nervous since all I'd done is 5ks with a 5 miler as the farthest race I done and now I've done 5 HM's, a FM, and a 50k and am getting ready for my 2nd 50k.  I just need to find my motivation again and it'll work out.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning ladies.

Lizzie, glad you had a good time last night!  Good job with the 9 hours, best thing a few days before a race.  Cute about Ruger.  Oh, Diane is right about the crate being a den.  Many dogs find it comforting and homey.  Strange but true...

Judy, nice you were able to enjoy a good dinner with DC!

Damaris, a show, how fun!!

Diane, I hear you on the motivation.  Don't fear, you will find it.  I have been out of sorts since MCM.  I had so much going on for the previous month, and now nothing,I feel at odds.

Cathy, 5 girls, eek.  How old is she again?

Sandy, did you and the couch have a nice date last night??  Wink

Karen, $60 for an HOUR?  Wow.  At least you read the contract!

Sue, congrats on setting the date and all the other things.

Elina, you made me laugh out loud!  This is Texas girl!  I googled the average temp the day of the race and it was 66 I believe.  Though it can get cold, apparently San Antonio very rarely ever gets snow.  Dallas does, but that is 4-5 hours north of SA.

Kathy, bummer you worked late, but not many of those left for you!!!

So my coworkers decided to have a work get together on the Monday before Thanksgiving.  And of course since most of them are young and in apartments, they nominated ME to host it at my house due to size.  Not a big deal, until I realized I am working 8 straight days and that is my first day off.  Oops.  Cleaning and cooking?  Ugh.  Not doing the turkey though and most everything else can be done on Saturday.  Just cleaning, that is going to be ugly.

I booked my hotel and flight for Antelope Canyon!  $200 nonstop RT to Phoenix and $230 for the hotel for 3 nights.  There were cheaper, but I can't do Super 8....    Car is going to be $200, oh well.  Margaret, Lisa, and I are figuring out Pinelands!

Got up too early, want a nap...  Maybe I will take an unprecedented trip to the grocery store BEFORE work, as I hate going after.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Damaris - dang, nice run last night, girl.  Smart to take a rest day today with that achy knee!  Who are you going to see tonight?  Yuck on your weather.

Lizzie - yep, ordered the groceries online and you can choose the hour delivery window.  Freaking awesome!  I did tip but just $5.  Totally worth it!  Well, it was this time since it was a free delivery promo.  Will see what the charge is and if I will do it again.  Since I only live about a mile away it feels super indulgent and there really is no reason for me not to do it myself.  Yep, will let you know about the ON capris.  Not sure the material - I think they should come early next week.  Glad you had fun last night!  Salmon with red sauce does sound very different.  I meant to ask - did Ruger come home muddy the other day?  Maybe this will help him get over not liking the rain since he's with his friends!

Karen - oh good - glad those flip flops are supportive!  I shoulda known the coach wouldn't be wearing regular flip flops!  I cracked up at you getting the car returned with minutes to spare - totally something I would do!  I'm glad you had such a nice trip.  Your dad sounds absolutely adorable.

Sue - hooray for a wedding date!

Elina - oops, yep, I'll keep my trap shut about year end approaching.    Crazy how fast time flies, though!  Awesome run yesterday, girl.  Congrats to DH on his training!  When is his race?  Oh, and I've been meaning to comment on your signature - Karen's quote cracks me up!!

Gasby - um, I farmer blow.  Sounds more lady-like that snot rocket LOL.  Hey - you share a birthday with my aunt!  And the day Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.  Any plans for your big day?  Is it really a train run or trail run?  I've heard of the train runs where you run as far as you can until the train catches up to you and then you are out.

HH - 3 slow mi are better than no miles!  Way to get it done.  Hope you had a lovely evening solo.

Judy - sounds like a lovely day yesterday!

Thanks for the well wishes.  Feeling okay today but decided to work from home.  It's cold and WINDY here.  Feels like single digits.  Tomorrow morning that will be actual temperature.  Blah.  I am actually going to workout later today.  I know, I know, you all are thinking riiiiiiiiiiiiiight but I really am!  I'm going to a Bootcamp and Beauty event that the trainer who teaches my Friday class is hosting at another gym.  They've done it before and it's pretty fun.  Free workout - HIIT style class - and then someone peddling products.  There is also usually wine and snacks!!

Seloc

Kat - xposted!  Awesome airfare to Pinelands!  Ooooh, yeah, that'll be tricky prepping for dinner having to work all those days in a row.  You'll get it done.  LOL I actually ended up going over to a friends last night and had too much wine.  So now I add a bit of a hangover to my feeling of unwellness LOL  Trying to drink it out of me haha.  The grocery store is evil - good luck with that!!

Docket_Rocket

You mean, this weather, Sandy?

It's a comedy show and I forgot the name of the comedian, but he is the one that has cystic fibrosis or something like that.  I like his shows so when Richard saw he was coming, he bought the tickets.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Damaris - where's the laughing crying moti when you need one!!  OMG that cracked me up.  And, yeah, that's just grossssssssssssss weather for SURE!  Comedy - fun!  Hope you have a great time.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

I wasn't going to get up early today, but I woke up.    A mile on the elliptical (took about 16 minutes) and a mile on the TM!  I decided that I needed a reward for getting up early.    We have the same weather here as Sandy, but I won't complain about it because I prefer it to Damaris' weather.  

Lizzie, sometimes I feel tired when I get too much sleep also!  Sounds like an awesome time at dinner!  I am laughing about you doing downward dog at the office.    Yeah, better close the door.  Thinking about HCBF's job situation.  I've been at the same job for almost 25 years.  There are things that suck about it, like being on call, but the really long hours are behind me.  There's a lot of job security and since I am the major breadwinner in the family, that is important.  Maybe HCBF is afraid to change because things may not work out with the new job and he is worried about how it will affect you, now that you live together.  Just a thought.  Plus the older you get, the harder it is to make a change!     HCBF shouldn't feel that bad about not seeing you during races, DH never does that for me.  The most he spectated for me during a race was a couple spots.  

Judy, wow, nice runs and activities lately!

Damaris, ooh, enjoy the show!

Diane, you have certainly accomplished a lot!  I was reading an article about taking an entire season off running.  Some people do that.    My feeling is that you don't feel like running and you don't have an event coming up, then don't run.  

Kat, DD is ten now.  Double digits!    They are good kids, so they shouldn't be too much trouble.  We have some activities planned, like making slime, manicures/pedicures, and watching the Wonder Woman movie.  Dinner will be easy, just pizza.  I will make pancakes Sunday morning, so that will be the busy day.    The Thanksgiving get together sounds fun!  Ah, cleaning.  Sucks to do it, but I suppose it's nice to be "forced" to do it every once in awhile.     I did a turkey last year, followed a recipe on Pinterest and it actually came out great and was pretty easy!  Great that you are getting your trips planned!

Sandy, I hear you about the weather.  It felt bad this morning!  We were supposed to get a low of 15 but I don't think it actually got that low.  Wine and snacks at a gym?!?  Where do I sign up?  

HH-Kathy, thanks for the nice comment about my parenting!  I was worried that my kids were not as "informed" as they should be.    They are aware, but they don't know the details.  I guess that is good enough.    DD complained less about the device, just about her teeth being sore.  And she is having problems eating chips, which are her favorite.

Elina, wow, nice 10 miles!  Awesome that DH's training is going well.  Haha, the indoor marathon relay actually went pretty fast.  They also do an individual indoor marathon on that track.  I would not do that!  

Sue, July 21st is a great date.  

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy, I do have that 50k on Dec 9th but it's a rail trail and I just don't seem to be all that concerned about it as I'm fairly confident I can finish in the time allotted (12 hours).  I printed off a bunch of events for 2018 but still haven't picked any.  It was 30 here this morning but no wind so it didn't feel awful.

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat you asked how Jasmine was...she's doing great.  She was actually playing with a string last night and again this morning.  She isn't as active as a normal kitten but she's getting there.  She was even interacting with Percy my black cat.  Emma our other cat doesn't like her cause she sits on my lap and Emma normally does that in the evening.  She could care less about the dogs and they are the same.

USDO for me.  I forgot to text Jeffrey so he didn't come over to run and Skye peed on the kitchen floor early this morning so I mopped instead of running.  Ugh.  I think her bladder is still going off at 0500 which is NOW 0400 thanks to the time change. Same thing happens in the evening if we don't pay attention.

Just trying to make it through today without screwing up at work.  Again. Hoping I won't have to work over the weekend.  And..my performance eval is today.  I know I'm gonna get creamed.  I can't do anything right these days.

I can't whine to my boss or teammates.

Rant over.

Thank you

dhuffman63

Trails

I'm sorry Sue, nothing worse than feeling like work sucks especially as it takes up so much of a person's time.  Good luck on the eval.