Womens Running

French TOAST THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh man..could really go for some right now.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Ah, felt good to sleep in a bit this morning. We got super cold last night but the roads are perfect. Good, I have a LR tomorrow that I didn't want to have to use trax for Smile

Happy Birthday to Ruger!! Took him to daycare this morning - he was NOT interested since we have some snow on the ground and it is cold. BUT..we are getting up to mid 40's today...and I didn't want him to be alone all day on his birthday! Hope is doing okay. Smile

Rest days make me super hungry. I just need to go sit at a buffet all day.

Docket – I find that I am always hungry. Sure, give me a big dinner..I will be hungry an hour later.

Tessa – Agree what you said to Karen. Nice lunchtime miles. You have gotten in a lot of miles the past couple days!

Run4kupcakes – UGH..how frustrating on the snow day. But at least you got a snow day Smile Nice 7! We were a sheet of ice this morning.

Karen – Which parts don’t you think you would be good at?? Wasn’t there a time you didn’t really think you’d be good at coaching? Smile Just sayin….I am just going to sit over here and smile. You are so awesome. Coaching is your calling for real!

Have a good Thursday everyone! My day is full of meetings and conference calls. BLAH.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't have a good night of sleep with some coughing and sniffling but not too bad. I have Pilates and 4.

Lizzie, enjoy the rest!  You can try to eat some snack before your run next time and see if that helps.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Back to work today. Gym doesn't open till 10 am, and it is too cold for me to be outside. USRD.

One of my co-workers in Gloucester (the one who drives me crazy) was so ugly to another co-worker that she got kicked off the project.  YAY!!!

Of course, she sent out an email about being sick today and how she spent all night on the toilet...do we really need to know the details?

And--my trip to Gloucester next week is probably cancelled, and they are going to ship everything here for me to make samples.  Woohooo!!!

I told them it would be easier and cheaper for me to do that here instead of traveling up there to do it.

Smiley day 

Lizzie--I loved the video of Ruger in his booties!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Karen, you really make a great coach. Your "coachees" recognize it.  

Wednesday was a good 45 minutes running on the gym track. It was a better time of day since the old men were sparse. There were 4 of us running endurance runs.

Today DC and I are going to the gym.

Safe and happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Cathy – glad you are back.  Taco Tuesday sounds delish!  Shoveling is XT for SURE.  Awww, poor pups having to wear booties and sweaters.  They must look super cute, though!  Oh it’s going to be messy these next few days for SURE.  And my car needs a wash BAD.  I’ve tried going 4 times now but refuse to wait 6 cars deep.  Since I park on the street, the drivers side is now covered with huge splash marks.  Me?  Quirky?  Definitely not traditional since I’m single at almost 49, run marathons, go to bed at 8pm to wake up before 5, Frugal when it comes to myself but not with others and a pretty extreme neat freak.  Yep, I guess that makes me quirky.

Damaris – yay for feeling better enough to run!!  Nice 4 EASY miles.

Tessa – oh boy, I do not even want to THINK about this dudes undergarment situation.  DOUBLE GROSS.  Heck, maybe he goes commando.  Glad the vestry meeting went fairly well and the music program is still in tact!  So it seems you typically get close to 10 mi/day with your doubles?  Wowzers.  Do you track weekly mileage?  You must be close to 70?

Lizzie – wow!  Glad Mammel had something positive to say and will work with you to keep you engaged and challenged!  Hey, things are looking up!  Oh man, your weather sounds freaking AWESOME for the weekend.  Salmon salad sounds REALLY good to me!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUGER BUDDY!!

Ginny – winter is HARD.  Glad you popped in!  Do you take Vit D at all?  I find that helps me.

Karen – LOL on being inspired to do laundry.  Nice ride!  That zwift app sounds kinda fun.  I should really look into a trainer then maybe next year give something like that a whirl.  Awww that’s awesome they want you to be organizer for the run group next year.  And if you don’t feel you are good at some parts (I would question your judgment there) then you just learn and be challenged and improve!  And, yeah, to what Lizzie said!  Pretty sure you have nothing to worry about and this is your gig.  I’m smiling, too.

Elina – awwww glad you had such a great evening with DH!

HCK – hooray for snow day but bummer you couldn’t take advantage of the extra sleep!  Oh, wow, 7 on the dreadmill?!  You’re moving into Damaris territory LOL

Lizzie2 – I’m cracking up at the thread title LOL  Sounds like this peak mileage is making your HUNGRY.  And I’m cracking up at you not wanting your Ruger buddy all alone on his birthday LOL – that’s awesome. He has become your little boy and it’s sooooooo cute!!  Yes, rest days make me hungry, too.  I always seem to eat a LOT on Mondays.

Sue – too cold to be outside?  *coughcough* excuse me says the MN chick LOL.  TEASING.  Glad you are having a smiley day already!  You deserve it.

Judy – hooray for avoiding the old men at the track!

Kat – I meant to ask – did you watch This Is Us this week?  One of my coworkers was saying that now everyone is going to check their smoke detectors for batteries haha.  Seems like they are getting close to the fire and Jack’s death.  Wasn’t my favorite episode but I still really like it.  Any decision on the job front?

Laura - has the warm weather reached you, yet?  Thinking of you and hoping work isn't too heinous.  Also hope you can get some miles in outdoors this weekend!  It really is mood changing!

7mi in GLORIOUS 23 degrees.  With a couple fasties and they kicked my booty.  Drinks/app with my friend was good.  Sounds like it will be an amicable split.  Her XDH has already moved out AND ALREADY HAS ANOTHER WOMAN.  Men.  Seriously.  Maybe it’s just as well I am single.  I cannot understand that at all.  Furnace guy coming tonight – I think I’m pulling the trigger to have it replaced.  Quite a deal going on right now so I’m being proactive rather than wait for it to die.  It feels very adultish – blech.  That’s all I’ve got for today.  Looking forward to the weekend!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Not much new with me.  I'm considering resting until our next 5K race, and possibly after that too.  I really want to kick this foot thing and it seems that rest is the only thing that really makes it stop hurting.  I got some mini-bands from Amazon so I can do some hip and glute exercises.  That should be fun.    Dog walking and the ab challenge is also keeping me entertained.  

Lizzie, Happy Birthday, Ruger!  He is cute in his booties.    "Our" dog's booties aren't as cute as Ruger's.  They kind of look like latex balloons.  We usually just do the back paws since those are what seem to bother them when we go on walks.   I'm glad your review went well!  Hopefully Mammel follows through on his part.

Damaris, nice easy run.  

Sue, nice work news!

Sandy, DH took the car for a car wash a couple weekends ago when the temps went up a bit, he waited over an hour!  Of course, the car is all messed up again now.    Aww, you are a good quirky.    Mr. Math has similar quirks, but he doesn't do mornings.  He thinks that I run at crazy hours!  Nice miles!  Your friend's ex already has another woman?  Interesting.  I'm glad that it's an amicable split anyway.  New furnace, eh?  Sounds fun!    That is super gross about the DBSG!

Karen, my running buddy ran a 1:46 half and a 3:48 marathon this past year.  He's 59 and was going for a BQ.  He followed Hanson's this time around, though he really didn't follow a plan before.  His previous marathon was a 4:13 in 2013.  Did you mention that you got that Ring doorbell?  My friend that we walk the dogs for just got one.  DD went up to it and started waving her arms around and saying "Hello!"  Well, my friend answered back through her smartphone and DD was totally freaked out and ran away from it.    Haha, one of my FB friends organizes the monthly challenges and for some reason he picked an ab challenge 2 months in a row.  I was ready for something different.  

Kupcakes, nice TM miles!  Whatever gets it done.  

Tessa, we actually take the dogs for a walk, if we just let them out we wouldn't go to the trouble of dressing them up.    In the winter we've been taking a shorter walk, less than a mile.  My friend takes them for a walk in the morning.  So they are out twice a day!  The only time we wouldn't take them is during a heavy rainstorm but that hasn't happened yet.  Some dogs here don't like to go for a walk in the winter, they are pretty good at running outside to do their business and hurrying back inside.  

Cathy

Seloc

Cathy - okay, I'll take good quirky   Your dog walking really sounds super fun.  I'm reading a memoir right now about two women who become close friends because of their dogs.  Seems like having a dog makes you get out more and meet people.  Makes me think about getting a dog.  But, I think a dog walking gig for someone ELSE's would be even better because I would feel soooo guilty leaving it home all day.  Plus a dog is a LOT more responsibility than a cat.  OMG, I need a DH to wait in line for an HOUR for a car wash.  I would NEVER haha.  And, yep, it'll get all dirty again but mine really needs a rinse BAD.  I *might* get out the hose tomorrow just to spray it off if it, in fact, does get to 40*.  We will see.  Hang in there with the foot!  So super frustrating.

Arimathea

Tessa

Sandy, yes, a dog is a lot more responsibility than a cat...and that is why I have cats. I presume that is why you have a kit kat also?

Seems like a lot of men break up or decide on a divorce and immediately start dating again. I don't know if it's reassurance that they are desirable or they want somebody to do the things they don't want to do. One woman I know found her DH on Match the day after he moved out -- and he had put up photos of himself with their children. Uh uh NO WAY. BTW, Match said they can't and won't bar married people from their site, but they certainly could make him take down photos with children in them unless both parents gave permission for the photos to be up. So at least those were gone.

Regarding mileage, yes, I certainly do keep a log. I'm not sure if I can upload it, it's an Excel spreadsheet.

Liz, does Ruger know it's his birthday? And I'm guessing he will have more fun at daycare than he would alone in the house, unless you left him in the house with an opened bag of dog food.

Karen, I think you'd be very good at running the group, but unless you want to have everything be your headache you may want to say you'll assist but don't feel ready to run it all. Get an idea of what it entails before you commit! Especially since what you enjoy right now is coaching.

Damaris, hope the lung-ejection coughing gets better.

Susan, glad crazy coworker showed her true colours to someone else and is no longer on the project. And that she put her unprofessional attitude on record in writing. (Nobody needs to know any details beyond "stomach issues".) How long until she retires? And good that they are shipping the specimens to you for prepping rather than you having to go to them!

Judy, what time of day is best for missing the old creepy guys?

Cathy, I wouldn't want an ab challenge two months in a row either. And I'm with the dogs, I wouldn't want to have to go out and do my business in a rainstorm, too cold and wet! Glad they are getting their walks though.

2.2 miles this morning, up a little later than usual but at least I did get out there. Probably won't get a run in tomorrow morning since I am taking Sis to the airport and we have to leave at 4:15. Run was uneventful. Not many cars out, saw one other runner and she was huffing up a hill in a residential neighborhood with her music playing -- no headphones. I'm guessing some of the people whose houses she passed weren't all that thrilled.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hey all.

Sad day last night, I let my Dad's kitty, Katie, go.  I got home from work and she had this episode of not being able to breathe/catch her breath/swallow.  It only lasted for maybe 30 seconds, but frightened her and me.  What if that has been happening when I am not home.  I looked closely at her face and finally saw a mass on the side of her nose.  I felt terrible and feel somewhat judged by the emergency vet that I wouldn't spend $2500 just to diagnose her.  She had NO airflow on the right nostril and minimal on the left.  She was breathing through her mouth.  On the whole, she wasn't in distress, but man, tough to watch.  And to me, she just didn't seem right overall.  My feeling was that whatever it is, she is struggling and unless with the snap of the fingers she can be fixed, it wasn't fair to her to keep struggling.  Guy just seemed quietly displeased.  And quite frankly, I don't have $2500 JUST to diagnose, muchness treat.  Problems in a 14 yr old kitty are never good.  I got up this morning at looked on the couch for her...

I know, I am rationalizing everything to you guys...

The other clinic called and wants to set up a lunch to talk more.  Guy called but I wasn't able to talk to him and am not keen on talking about another job while at my current one.  Then when I called first thing this morning he is out of the office today, so, tomorrow I hope to be able to talk to him and hopefully set up lunch for Monday.  I have largely decided to take the job if offered.  Everyone's input so far has been to move on. Need to know pay first.

Not much else, too damned cold out for this chick. 37 now.  Oh well, I am screwed anyways...

Waves to all, I have read, but don't really feel like doing personals right now.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

KatS, sorry for your lost. Our theory with our last dog was that once she was over 13, what treatment we would be willing to do was extremely limited, so there really little point in searching for a diagnosis.

Seloc

Oh Kat, I am SOOOOO sorry!  It absolutely SUCKS to have to decide when it’s time but sounds like you made the right choice and she is now frolicking in the flowers with all the other kit kats in lives past.  That emergency vet can shove it.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

This day has been so busy! WTH. I have conference calls the rest of the afternoon so hopefully I dont fall asleep.

I basically have to go home, eat and go to bed. LOL. EARLY (and if I say early..you know its early) wake up call tomorrow to get this run done before work. Blah. I guess I will picture that delicious cake I'll be eating post run. Wink

Looking forward to spoiling Ruger with birthday treats this evening. He might need a birthday bath - he isn't going to like that. Smile

Susan – Oh wow, you have crazy work stuff going on! Glad it went in your favor Smile Who tells people they have been sitting on the toilet all night? Ew.

Judy – Nice run yesterday. Glad you avoided the creepy men Smile

Sandy – Awesome miles this morning! You had good temps this morning! Ours are going to be like that tomorrow. OMG on your friends ex!!! Like Tessa said, some people are like that. I know a lot of women and MEN that can’t be alone.  Being alone is something everyone should experience. It teaches you so much about yourself! Bummer on having to get a new furnance..but..at least there is a deal! Smile Brightside. I think you are quirky and awesome and would be quite the AWESOME catch if you ask me.Smile YES dogs are more responsibility. UGH. Sometimes I am like, DAMN. I mean I love Ruger and all but you know there are days I want to go home and just be in my zone and lounge! Can’t always do that with a dog around. They need entertainment Smile HCBF keeps talking about getting another one..I said NO. NO. NO. He also made a comment that when its Rugers time, he would want to get another right away. NO NO NO. Haha.

Cathy – Smart to take it easy on the foot. UGH. Its frustrating me and taking too damn long! I can only imagine how you feel Smile That is awesome about the doorbell!! Hmm I might have to tell HCBF about that Smile

Tessa – Wow, did not know that about Match. Ew. Well, you could always just lie and say you aren’t married anyway. I think a lot of people do that actually. Ruger will get special birthday treats tonight Smile Nice run! UGH hate when people  run with their music on speaker!

Kathryn – Oh Kathryn, I am so sorry about Katie,. That wasn’t very professional of the vet’s if you ask me. $2500 is a lot of money just to be diagnosed. I am so sorry for your loss Sad I like your move on the new job. How exciting. I hope the pay is just as exciting Smile

Have a great night all!

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no, Kat. Sorry for your kitty. Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Kat, sorry about Katie!  I trust that you did what was best.  Totally unprofessional of that other vet, which you know I am sure.  Hugs!