Womens Running

Wacko Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - booked the hotel for Richmond!  non-refundable so I guess that means we're going! Wink  Now to convince DH that he can run 8K, he thinks he "can't", even though he runs at least 6K every run and 7K once in awhile. I was planning on paying for his race entry anyways, so maybe if I sign him up, he'll magically get his ass into gear. And I've emailed the pace coordinator to see if I can get a pacing gig - I seriously doubt it but it would be an even nicer bonus!

ER - 17 min KB video before work.

TR - said "I love you, Mommy!" spontaneously several times during the course of the day.  Awwww.

FR - kalbi, japchae.  Possibly lunch with a guy friend (not alcoholic friend).

NRR#1 - accompanying french horn exam of the son of a DM friend.

NRR#2 - I don't want to have to get downtown extra early on Friday to pick up my fitness conference kit as my first session is at 7 am already.  I also don't want to pay for parking while I get the kit, as non-event parking is only $4/30 min but event parking is some ridiculous flat rate (probably $20+) and alcoholic friend works at the convention centre pretty often and leads me to believe that parking is almost never the cheap non-event rate..  Anyways, to bypass this, I am picking up DM Nicole from her office, and she'll sit in my car or drive it around the block if the traffic cops come while I run inside to pick up the kit.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs- YAY for running Richmond!!! I'm jealous of the huge supermom meetup there. good luck with the pacing- that would be awesome! Nice job on the quick KB routine. Enjoy your lunch out today! lol, I like the creativity of getting around paying for parking!

RR: planning on 6-7 miles after training clients this morning, before heading to the dentist. Ended up with 7 easy miles yesterday, which felt great!

TR: happy that DH was home all day yesterday, but could have cared less that I was around and wanting to play. I took him to the park in the morning and we had a blast, but he just wanted to hang out with DH in the afternoon (poor DH took a comp day so he could finish some wiring and other construction work on the living room). Eventually I was able to get him occupied with stickers and coloring. He was also awake form 2:50-3:45AM this morning, whining. DH checked on him, and that made R mad, so he started crying. I shut our BR door, as it was keeping me awake. DH was getting out to bed to check on R again and I snapped at him, oops. I told him that R wasn't sick or hurt, so he needed to just figure it out and get himself back to sleep. Which he did. DH grumbled at me, but got back in bed.

NRR: training clients, dentist, then home to work on a few running programs! I'm really tired today, boo!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CTimesTwo

Morning ladies,

RR - 4.5 miles in the dark and it was so chilly out I could see my breath in the air... love this kind of weather!

TR - I left her sitting on the couch looking at a book, went into the kitchen, turned around and she was standing behind me!  First time she's figured out how to get herself off the couch without help.... Nanny told me when C has a dirty diaper, she'll say "bum bum" and walk over to her diaper bag... she's growing up too fast!

NRR - in my super long meeting yesterday, my coworker, who is someone i consider a friend, flipped out on me b/c she didn't like how I was doing something.. at first i was embarrassed and felt humiliated, but then I realized she made herself look like a big bully (not to mention unprofessional) in front of everyone...every day she comes in and complains about her fiance, and takes every opportunity to put him down, and it's tiring to hear all.the.time...

zorbs - awww on the I love you!  That would be awesome if you could get a pacing gig... i never realized how cheap our parking is until I visited bigger cities like London and TO... here, it'll be, for example, $2 for the first half hour, but the flat rate for the whole day is $5!

rg - nice that R wanted to be with DH all day... C went through that spell for weeks and then only wanted me... now she's back to being ok with DH, but as soon as she sees me, she runs away from him lol..

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  6 miles done.  Weather was perfect out there this morning.  Still having some issues though.  I feel like puking when I wake up, and no I am not preggo.  Not sure what is going on with that.

TR:  Skyped last night, could care less to see me.

NRR: Rearranged bedroom 1 last night, cleaning all the nooks and crankies.  Tonight will be C's room, which will take considerably longer.

FR:  Black bean burger and sweet potato fries

Ok, going to try and bike to work today.  Wish me luck, I have done this in years.

Erniegirl

RR - 5k with RP and the stroller this evening + core workout. RP is finally back after she hurt her back and took two months off running.

TR - Discovered the button to automatically open the doors at the rec centre so, after library program was done, she stood at the front door opening the doors for everyone. Poured a bag of chocolate chips into the fish pond last night. Refused to go to sleep and kept pounding on her door calling for me. I put her back in bed and laid down with her for a bit and she grabbed my cheeks and started kissing me all over my face. Aww!

FR - Linguine with chicken, cherry tomatoes, spinach and pesto

NRR - Grocery shopping, visit to the farm to get our CSA box.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

mrszackmorris

rr: 4m with rp.

kr: has a super wiggly tooth. so gross.

tr: read an article on Monday that said, "it's middle child's day, so it will probably be ignored." as a middle child myself I vowed to never make her feel like one.

br: got a haircut last night and he looks SO old!

nrr: headed to an amusement park today with my parents.

fr: chicken noodle soup.

Sorry if I don't always make it back for personals but I'm trying to make the most with the kiddos before school starts again.

beckykay

Zorbs:  Awe, I love the "I love you mommy"  Hooray for Richmond!  We booked the hotel but I still haven't registered for the race.  If the half sells out and marathon training isn't going well I will just do the 8k.

RG:  Haha, now your DH knows what it feels like to try and get something done with a toddler in tow all day Smile  K is a softy and would just go sleep in C's room when he does that.

Cx2:  Sounds like your co-worker friend is just a control freak.  I am at work too but I make no qualms about it.  It is not personal, I just have checklists on how to get things done.  Too cute on the bum bum.

Ernie:  That is C at Kohls.  He stands at the door and pushes the button for everyone.  Smile  Yikes on the chocolate chips!

MrsZM:  I am also a middle child. Smile  Fortunately C will never have that problem.

Made it to work!  It is not very far, but super hilly.  Goal was to not be sweating like a pig by the time I got to work, success!

running eh

RR - 5 mi - a bit faster than I should have run this, but I was running out of time.  Also some core work courtesy of RG.

NRR - got up this morning and realized that my drive to work was going to be about 15mins longer than I had thought.  Oh well, at least I found out before I left home!

FR - mexican lasagna

KR - DS is reading so well!  He is probably ahead of where DD was at this age.  I like that he will ask if he can't read a certain word - DD just mumbles and pretends she knows the word.

Zorbs -Yay for Richmond.  Pacing would be cool.  Good plan to avoid the parking fees.  I hate parking fee markups.

rg - Nice that DS loves his dad!  We play the opposite rolls at our house - I always jump out of bed to get the crying child, DH (if he even hears the crying) will leave it be.  I find that leaving them is the best thing, but I HATE lying awake listening to crying.

cx2 - sorry about the freak out from the coworker - that has happened to me before too and it drives me crazy.  Good on DD to take the initiative on diaper changes Smile

becky - great job on the cleaning!  I LOVE black beans, enjoy that meal, it sounds great!

ernie - Hmm, do fish like chocolate chips??  Glad RP is back - hopefully she takes her time getting back in the game.  Nice on the kisses!

mzm - I need to keep that in mind about the middle child!  Have fun spending the last few days w. the kids.  Those loose teeth always gross me out too.

RR: 4 easy miles.  Thought I was going to have a panic attack not being able to get the Garmin to connect last night.  I wouldn't want my stalker to not be able to track me :-)

KR: DS in trouble at school for saying 'Guess what? chicken butt!' to his friend.  some other kid tattled on him.  DH wrote a note explaining that it is just a silly saying that gets said fairly frequently at our house and to basically cut the kid some slack. It s a nice sign that he's coming out of his shell some and feeling more comfortable.

Zorbs: Yay for coming to Richmond!!

RG: snapping to DH"s happens, no biggie. Pretty much anything that is said at my house between 11pm and 6 am is completely forgivable.

Cx2: yay for getting of the couch! she'll be all over the place soon!

Becky: hope you make it to work! Does that mean you'll ride home too?

Zack: I shaved DS's head last night and it instantly ages him.

armmama

RR - 4 miles done.  Was going to let myself sleep and do it after DH gets home from work but it was so nice and cool out I'm glad I ran this morning.  Had my first tennis match last night.  We lost but it was fun.  I need to get used to playing indoors!  Everyone I've played with so far has been playing for years and years, I want to find some "newer" players like me.

BR - when we lay DD2 down for nap or bed he climbs up in her bed and lays down beside her.  DH took a video of it last night.  So cute!

KR - the other 2 girls will be home tomorrow!  I'm kidn of looking forward to it, it's eerily quiet around here sometimes.  And L misses his sisters!

FR - chicken & sweet potato stew

NRR - I'm thinking I'm just going to buy my own birthday presents this year.  DH told me to order the blender I want and wrap it up, so I think I'm going to get a couple other things while I'm at it.  I'd like a couple of running books, so I'm going to browse around today.

zorbs - yay for Richmond!  Your DH can totally run an 8K!  Is he just afraid he'll be too slow or something?  Love your plan of not having to pay for parking!

rg - do you think R is getting teeth?  I hate those middle of the night wakeups.  A couple times I have gotten up and rocked L back to sleep only for him to wake up and start screaming again when I lay him down so the last time he woke up I didn't go in.  I felt so bad listening to him cry but it doesn't last long and I know he'll go back to sleep easier than if I was there.

cx2 - sorry about the coworker.  Sounds like she has some issues!  Flipping out on someone, especially in front of other people, isn't very cool.

becky - sorry about the stomach issues.  I hope they resolve quickly!  Sounds like you're getting some good cleaning done!  Good luck biking to work!  How far is it?

ernie - S is such a cutie!  haha, L loves those buttons to open doors too.

mrszm - so I've always wondered, if you have two middle children am I supposed to treat them as middle children?

eh - I run faster when I feel pressure to get home so DH can leave for work.  The adrenaline or something carries me!  Why was your drive taking longer?

dexy - so often when we get a note home saying one of the kids got in trouble at school DH and I have to just laugh.  Did you finally get the Garmin to connect?  That can be frustrating!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - ST'ing at the gym this morning w/ RP, then running tonight with her - I think 8k.

RR2 - I'm pretty happy to come out of this half healthy and not injured - I'm feeling pretty confident that I can get to the Seattle marathon uninjured.  I peaked at 65km for the half and I can go as low as 75km at peak for the marathon.

TR - has a cold, DH taught her to cover her mouth when she coughs, she's pretty proud of herself too.

BR - has the cold too I think.  She was crazy fussy last night and had a bit of  fever so I gave her tylenol, she seems better this morning.

FR - might just to a leftovers night to empty the fridge.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.5 miles with dog and stroller this morning. Planned on doing more, but the poomonster attacked and I turned home early.  I've been having to store my Chariot in the back yard because the garage door is too heavy for me to lift and bees took over the shed and I can't find the nest- the fabric is becoming noticeably faded Sad . I guess I shouldn't be too sad, I bought it second hand and its from 2008(?) and I've put probably 1000 miles on it, but I can just see its resale value dwindling. I might have to try to find a storage cover even though its only going to live outside a couple more months.

TR:  Keeps complaining "Owie, there! Huuuurt" pointing to his toe, knee, etc and the whining only ends after receiving kisses.  Took him to play at my friend's house while DH and I did some house stuff last night.

FR: Spaghetti last night, something with chicken or turkey tonight.

NRR: Went to the grocery store and it was almost 10 pm by the time I got to sit down and relax. Need to harass DH until he takes R to get a haircut.

NRR2- I need to pick out a washer/dryer and paint color for the house trim ASAP. I'm not good at making quick decisions, why did I decide to build a house?!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

CA:  Wooohooo, on remaining uninjured!  Hope your girls feel better.

Arm:  How adorable!  I was going to sleep in this morning but I am so glad I dragged myself out of bed.  It was beautiful out this morning.

Dexy:  That is a ridiculous reason to get in trouble!  Yep, biking home will be more of a challenge since there are more uphills than down. Smile

I live 3 miles from my office so no major feat.  I normally drive because I worry what if C's school calls me to get him but I would love to bike more often.  Watch out, I am going all crunchy granola over here Smile

nolamama

CQTM

Spike - I think you have the fastest house builder ever. You usually have a little time to make these decisions!

Zorbs - yay for Richmond! How many of y'all are going? Yeah, I know, if I was on FB I would know these things. So cute on B's love yous.

RG - my DH is the same way when A is crying. He keeps going in there...which she knows he will...and then she cries harder when he leaves. That is the worst time of night for a wakeup, too.

cx2 - your coworkers irritate me! But yes, you're right, she really just made herself look like an ass.

becky - nice job on the biking to work! Sorry about the not feeling well...are you sure no preggo?

ernie - you have your hands full! She is so darn cute, though! A just figured out how to give me the biggest hugs and I LOVE IT.

mrszm - have fun at the amusement park today!

dexy - geez, I guess you can't say anything these days!! It must be the "butt" part, huh?

r-eh - I love Mexican lasagna. Do you have a recipe you could share with me?

arm - I can imagine what a change the weather is. Oh, to be cool in the morning!

CAR - eek, now I'm excited for your marathon. How many weeks until the race?

ER: Elliptical today

TR: Slept until 7:30 this morning. I had to wake her up, which is never fun, and I don't like doing. Thankfully she slept late (see NRR).

NRR: Came downstairs to a steamy pile of dogshit on my rug. DH left around 6:15/6:30 after he fed the dogs and let them out to potty. I came down at 7 to start A's breakfast and noticed a terrible scent. Seriously...one of them couldn't wait for a half hour until I let them out again. GRRRR. Thankfully A was still sleeping so I could try to clean it up. Angry Not my favorite way to start the morning.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR2- Wore my new lulu stuff- love the skirt- very light and airy compared to my other ones, but the shorts are about an inch too short to do any long runs in them. The TaTaTopper top was very comfy as well.

NOLA- I have to decide a bunch of stuff this week because we are going to Colorado for 5 days next week and they have a bunch of stuff they want to get done over the next 2 weeks- windows, exterior doors, skylights, house wrap, fascia up and painted, roof on, rough plumbing. I have to decide on the washer and dryer to make sure that the plumbing/venting layout meets their specifications.  Booooo on the dog poop! I hate that so much. I learned that if Hallie bugs me to go out, to take her. She's getting older and her bladder is not so strong. I've really been on DH to let her out when he gets up at 4 am too.

Becky- I biked to work for a while but got too sweaty and gross when I would bike home and back on my lunch break. Now with R's daycare being out of town its not feasible. Where did DH & C go again? I would love to have the house to myself to clean it. Or not clean it and watch my shows and paint my toenails while drinking.

CA- I'm proud of how you did at SeaWheeze post baby and surgery! Good luck training for Seattle, you will rock it for sure.

armama- If you want to win, you can play me at Tennis, I have zero hand-eye coordination. Literally zero. DH and I usually buy our own gifts. My bday is tomorrow and I'm pretty sure DH is counting my trip to Vancouver last weekend and shopping at Lulu as my birthday.

Dexy- I wonder if DS's problem is that his teacher has a stick up her butt. Who writes up a kid for something like that?

Eh!- Traffic infuriates me. Not road rage, but I get really frustrated. I was about to freak out after getting stuck in the traffic jam in vancouver. I'd probably have been angrier if I didn't have to concentrate so hard on not peeing my pants.

mzm- I had a weird dynamic- at my mom's house I was a middle child, but sometimes I was the oldest, and at my dad's I was the baby. Either way I was the favorite because I was well behaved and helpful. EMRP's younger daughter has serious middle child syndrome and everything is unfair in her world.

Ernie- I haven't gone to the farmer's market in 2 weeks, I need to go on saturday but will have to reign myself in since we are going to my IL's on Wed.

cx2- sounds like your friend is unhappy and lashing out.  Its so nice when they can get off and on the couch on their own. It will be a trampoline/gymnastics center/wrestling arena before you know it.

runnergirl- I like it when R is a daddy's boy- usually DH is chopped liver because he's gone a lot. I think its sweet to see them play together. Last night when I was cooking dinner, R wanted to go outside and I said "you can go outside if daddy will take you, so go ask him nicely" He walked into the living room and said "Peeeeeeze daddy outside?" How could you say no to that? Smile

zorbs- Ugh I hate paying for parking, good idea. When is Richmond? Do they give you free entry with a pacing gig?

I really want french fries. That is all.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07