Womens Running

Wacky Wednesday Supermoms (Read 11 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 5+ miles. Had a really strong 7 miler yesterday.

TR: was really good in Target yesterday- I told him we could pick out a snack if he behaved. He chose a box of wheat thins, lol.

NRR: OB appt this morning with the PA. She's ok, but I always feel rushed through with her.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST with light KB, I don't feel like being crippled again.  Probably a livefitrevolution vid, I haven't done one of those in ages!

KR - conversation yesterday, upon returning from my run:

B: mommy! you go running? did you get a medal?

P: no

B: did you go running on the road?

P: yes

B: NO NO NO NO NO. Running on the road is dangerous.  There are cars coming!

P: ok, I ran on the sidewalk.

B: that's better.

FR - curry noodles with tofu.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - had a great workout last night, it was a beautiful evening and we did our ST'ing in the park afterwards, next to the river.  7 ish km's easy at lunch.

KR - has been waking up really early ever since the sun has been up early.  She's got to be exhausted and needing a good sleepin soon as her days have also been super busy with a lot of time spent outside.

TR - was so very excited to see me when I got home last night.  I got lots of cuddles.  M was never this mama crazed!

FR - super healthy... hotdogs and ? maybe beans and coleslaw?

rg - yum wheat thins! Smile  I think PA's are really new in Alberta, I've never seen one, I hate feeling rushed at the dr's though!

zorbs - that curry looks really good!!  I haven't made curry in ages.  LOL on B's running conversation!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Ha!  In all seriousness, I am getting the itch to run.  I was going to wait until June 1, but I just want to go NOW!

BR:  Is a drooling machine.  Was a lady pleaser yesterday which was adorable.

TR:  Was really good at the baby shower, so we went to the park.  Park was fun...leaving was a nightmare.   Spent the whole evening on the potty which was beyond annoying.  Then pooped at 1am.

NRR:  Another long day.  DH will have the boys until 12:30, then my mom is taking over, and then I will pick them up after my 4pm meeting.  Just makes for long days.  Yesterday wasn't horrible, but I miss having DH home at night.  He told me this morning that this should be the last super busy week.  MIL is still in the hospital.  Not too sure when she is getting released.

NRR#2:  Gap is having a big sale on t-shirts and tanks today.

FR:  My dinners have sucked.  Hopefully DH makes something today for me to heat up tonight and bring to work tomorrow.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - did you give R a selection of snacks to choose from? the thing that SIL#1 that said that resonated with both DH and I was "my OB doesn't know me from some bum off the street." that comment was what led us to go the midwife route, and we definitely NEVER felt rushed with her.

CA - just thinking of how to add more veggies to the curry dish..I have a broccoli crown and will probably throw that in.  I tried to do a playground ST circuit for DH, but he is too tall to use the monkey bars for anything good and I wanted him to do box jumps onto a bench but the seat was slippery metal and tilted to the back.

mer - how are your hips feeling? I can't seem to find something like 5 for $15 or some kind of bulk plain tshirt sale for B.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Got a little exercise while in CO- first day I tried, I managed 3 miles + ST workout, felt hard. 2nd time I only managed 1.5 miles + very short ST, altitude caught up with me. Did a nice long hike with FIL and DS on Monday. No idea how my workouts are going to pan out the remainder of the week.

TR: Was a good boy on our trip, and great little traveler. Really enjoyed grandma and grandpa, and they loved having him visit. Saw some cool stuff and had a nice time overall.

TR2- Daycare closed Friday and Monday. DH was originally supposed to be in charge on Friday since I have to work and he's off, but it will be a big day in the yard for him with the sprinkler system, so I'm having to find backup childcare. I had my sister lined up, but then daycare lady informed me this morning that R got exposed to chickenpox last week and the incubation period is 14-16 days. He has had one vaccine, but I am not sure if that would give him immunity. So yeah, no one with kids wants to watch him, godmother will be out of town. RP said she can watch him if her son doesn't have hernia surgery between now and then, so I might be taking off Friday, too.

FR: DH has been living on canned refried beans, fast food, and frozen pizzas while I was gone, so there is damn near nothing in the fridge. Turkey sandwiches for lunch at the very least.

NRR: DH has been working hard on the yard, I'm so thankful for him tackling this project! I can't wait til we have grass to get our dust situation under control. I might have to hire someone to come in and thoroughly dust everything in my house!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I use bribes. A lot. and it usually works!

Zorbs- lol, I am forever telling R the street is dangerous and he HATES holding hands in the parking lot.

CA- R slept so well last night, ILs do not have blackout shades on their windows so R slept really fitfully while we were there. We were both glad to be in our own beds.

Mer- I just bought 2 shirts at GAP outlet over the weekend. I <3 GAP. I will have to go reread threads from the past week so I know what is going on with you!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

zorbs- yum, that tofu dish looks awesome! Wegmans sells these "skinny" sushi rolls- they're wrapped in rice paper rather than rice, and I've been craving the tofu ones. they have mangoes in them. lol on B watching out for your running safety. I like 3 of the 4 OB's in the group I see, this PA is nice enough, just rushes things a bit. We don't have a midwife practice in our insurance network, otherwise I would have switched.

CA- R has been waking up at 5:30-5:45am most mornings too. Fortunately he's been taking great naps still, and we've been spending most of every day outside. The last PA at the OB office was great- she took lots of time, answered questions and I never felt rushed.

Mer- how are your hips feeling? aw, H sounds cute! ugh about the potty time. Does that mean that either you or your DH have to stay with him the whole time, or is J content to sit and wait til he does his business? My DH worked a lot of OT the past 3 weeks, and it's tough having no support at night, after a full day and when you're exhausted. Hope MIL is able to head home soon!

spike- welcome back! yikes about the daycare situation, hope you can find something for Friday. hope that R doesn't get chicken pox! great job on getting some good workouts in while you were away. Lol- that food situation would be exactly the same in my house if I were to go away for a few days. Pretty sure DH would eat pizza, hot dogs, and canned soup if I wasn't home to cook for him.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - obviously me telling B to watch out for cars in the street is sticking.  I hope you can find someone to watch R.

runninmer

re: my pelvis...It feels good.  No pain when walking, etc.  However, I have done ZERO exercise since I walked a 5K on Saturday.  The 5K was fine and we were walking pretty fast...we finished in less than 40 minutes!

rg - J wants me to stand there with him, but I go back and forth between talking and doing other stuff.  At one point, he was standing in the bathroom without pants using a wipe to clean the counter.  Ugh.  Just poo already!  MIL's lungs are looking better, but now they are showing that her kidneys aren't up to par because of all of the antibiotics, she needs a break!  How was your appointment.  I was surprised to see how little you are!  I was a whale with H!

zorbs - J and I have had similar conversations.  Of course mommy runs on sidewalks, it is dangerous to be on the road.   We usually buy J's white shirts from Kohls...DH is a big white t-shirt kind of guy.

CAR - I am joining you with the super healthy dinner.  Last night was a cheddar brat...not as bad as a regular brat, but definitely not healthy.  It worked though as I could eat standing up while going back and forth between the boys.

spike - Its been crazy around here.   Glad you had a good trip!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

Mer- appointment was good today, thanks! Just the usual BP, pee in a cup, and baby's HB check. I'm consistently measuring 2 weeks behind, and I have actually lost weight (only 1.5lb) since 30 weeks. I've been eating and snacking a ton, but (TMI) I've also been pooping multiple times a day. The OB wasn't worried since everything else is ok. DH thinks that this baby is going to be smaller than R was, since I'm smaller this time around. I'm just hoping she stays cozy in there another 3 weeks (to make it to 37 weeks).

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I really like cauliflower with curries.  There was no playground where we worked out or we would have used it for sure, we did have a wooden fence that we used, and resistence bands.  We're tapering too so weren't too worried if it wasn't as hard of a workout as usual.

spike - Nice job getting some runs in in CO, I never feel a boost from running at sea level, but people even say that it's harder for them in Calgary when they live closer to sea level.  Hope you can figure out the daycare thing, and that R doesn't get chicken pox, I was googling measles vax effectiveness after 1 shot bc there have been measles outbreaks here and they are very effective with just one shot, hopefully the same w chicken pox.

mer - glad your pelvis is feeling better!  Good idea to be cautious though.

RG - your pgr sounds a lot like me w/ O, I lost weight in the 3rd tri too - but I was also sick a bunch, I think I only gained 18 lbs the entire pgr, the dr wasn't worried, and O was born over due by a couple days and was a peanut but healthy, she's still a peanut so I think she was just meant to be petite.  If it makes you feel better, O's delivery was very easy, she just slid right out!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- its about 1800 ft elevation where I live, and 7200 ft where MIL lives. It felt like a tempo run from the first step lol.