Womens Running

Tearing up the track Thursday - Supermoms (Read 21 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8-9K including 4x1000 with Emma.

TR - whenever DH or I come home from running, he says, "Go running, you sweaty!"

FR - chicken satay, soba noodle salad.

NRR - DH gets his new car today.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: have fun on the track today! CCute about B and the sweaty running comments. What kind of car is DH getting?

RR: teaching core at 6am, 5 mile run on my break. It was so hot yesterday! Normal August weather, but we've been lucky with cooler fall-like temps.

TR: took him downtown to play in the fountain yesterday, and he had a blast! Ate a huge dinner after too.

NRR: messaged SIL but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Cleaning the house today in prep for the party this weekend!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - just ST/core

TR - DH bought an inflatable kiddie pool for C... she didn't go in but she nonetheless got soaked splashing around...we still haven't tried putting her back into a bath yet but DH likes giving her showers now b/c it's faster and she doesn't cry as much..

NRR - the first thing my massage therapist said to me was, You've gained weight!  She said I looked a lot healthier than the last time she saw me, which was 5 months ago..

zorbs - my sister is in the market for a new car too, although weirdly she's really into Toyota's... what kind of car did he get?

rg - hope you hear from your SIL soon, seems to be so late in the game to not have responded... hope your run goes well!  it's been hot/humid here too the last few days, hoping it'll stay cool after we get a few storms..

armmama

RR - SRD

BR - had so much fun at the pool yesterday.  I need to remember to bring pool toys next time, although he found a couple acorns and had a blast throwing them around with another little girl.  Then the girl shared her Ariel doll and he was happy as could be.

KR - ended up taking DD1 to urgent care last night because she's had a sore throat and a low fever and I didn't want her to be sick all weekend.  strep test came back negative and doctor thinks it's allergies so we'll just load up on claritin and ibuprofen and hopefully she'll be good to go this weekend.

FR - whatever MIL has planned

NRR - leaving in an hour or 2 for MIL's house for a couple days, then on to my parent's house.  Sounds like all the cousins will be up at MIL's house which can get kind of hectic so we are secretly hoping they all go home early enough tonight so we can still have some nice quiet relaxing time.

zorbs - loved your pic on FB, I have that same skirt!  Mine is a maternity skirt but I still wear it for golf sometimes Smile

rg - we were spoiled with cool weather for a while too so now the hot temps feel extra miserable.  I hope R has a great party!!

cx2 - sounds like the weight gain is going well, that's great!

mrszackmorris

rr: ended up doing a 3m run plus about 30 min walk with rp. it was just too hot and humid to run anymore. Oh and we almost got ran into by a deer. We were coming around a bend on a trail, heard brush moving, turned to see a deer standing 10 feet away. It then freaked out when it saw us and stood there before running off. I'm pretty surprised I didn't pee myself.

kr: refuses to give her tooth to the tooth fairy.

tr: woke up at 2:30 am screaming that bugs and spiders and people could get into her bed so she needs sides on it. ??????

br: has discovered the book duck in a truck. He can already finish the sentences on each page.

nrr: errands today including taking my vacuum in to see if it can be serviced. Then hitting up a county fair at night  with my parents.

fr: ordered taco pizza last night for our anniversary.

mrszackmorris

Zorbs: what kind of car did dh get again? Brand new?

rg: hope you hear back from sil.

cx2: looks like you're doing a great job getting to a healthier weight! c loves our kiddie pool!

arm: have a fun trip to mil's and wi! Too cute about L and the little girl.

Erniegirl

ER - Circuit training on the front lawn.

TR - No longer wants to sit in the cart at the grocery store. She wanted to walk around and "help" push the cart. Picked out her own fruit and applesauce. The downside to this is that it took 17x as long to shop. The upside is that she wasn't trying to grab my boobs and pull my shirt down, which for some reason she always tries to do when she's sitting in the cart.

FR - Haddock with tomato sauce, rice, yellow beans

NRR - Play date with a friend and her son today. We were going to meet at the splash pad, but I think we are in for a thunderstorm here, so it might have to be an indoor play date.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - at this point I'd assume that SIL isn't coming and let her deal.

cx2/mrszm - DH got a ford edge.  Almost new, it was the car the dealership owner's wife has been driving since May.

cx2 - my aunt works for Mazda which is why both cars I've owned have been Mazdas.  I like how Ford seems to have the most up to date fancy tech stuff in their cars but DH firmly believes that no chinese girls EVER drive Fords.

arm - I had a runningskirts maternity skirt and I wore it for a long time PP.

mrszm - that's a pretty freaky nightmare for a kid to have!

ernie - I am shocked that B is still willing to sit in the cart.  But sometimes he climbs out and sits in the top level, if we are at a store with those double level carts, and he likes sitting in the cart basket at Costco.  I am amazingly bummed about the demise of the cronut stand at the CNE.  I mean, even if it re-opens, would you even trust food from there? I think not.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

RR: made it through 7 miles of a tempo run

NRR: a have a cold, AF is here, and work is falling all to pieces.

KR: DD's teacher had an Occ.Therapist come observe her in class.  they can't seem to keep her focused and her fidgeting under control.  They gave her a pillow to sit on to stop her from sliding around in her chair and suggest that she get http://www.therapyshoppe.com/category/P2147-chew-stixx-chewy-pencil-toppers-therapy-oral-motor-tool  so she'll stop chewing her pencils and bracelet.  I'm not sure how I can help her at home?  Any ideas?

Zorbs: I love it when the kids make comments about my running :-)

RG: the humidity is killing me here, the cooler temps don't seem to be helping with that!

Cx2: Thats interesting your massage therapist noticed the difference in you

zack: too funny she won't give her tooth up to the fairy :-)

Ernie: my neighbors would die if they caught me exercising on the yard

CTimesTwo

ernie - C likes to push the cart too.. she can barely reach the lowest run that can be held onto but it's pretty funny... she stopped wanting to sit in the cart when she learned to walk, which was a bummer b/c yea, it takes forever to grocery shop with her..

arm - sorry about kr being sick, hope it's nothing more than allergies.. my sister has had strep 2x this year after never having it before.. the first time was in February, on her wedding day..

mrsz - deer scare me... i see them often during my runs and I usually bolt the other way as fast i can ..

dexy - yea, my MT was also quick to add on that I didn't look fat LOL... she's a runner too, so we talked about how it sucks to have to run less to put on weight..

zorbs - we have an Edge too! Your DH's Edge sounds like ours - it was new but was driven by a sales guy and had 4000x miles on it already.. I really like the Edge, so you can tell DH there's at least 1 Chinese girl who drives a Ford.. ha..

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8k during M's daycamp.  I think I'm going to skip the bike ride due to time constraints and to save my legs a bit.

TR - still can't open door knobs, it makes life easier for sure but I think most kids her age can open them.

BR - was super happy at the gym yesterday, but we realized that the daycare closes at 1:00, so going after naps might be tough.  Oh well in a few weeks it won't matter as I'll be back at work - hopefully.

FR - no idea.. need to pick up a few groceries when M is at daycamp so I'll figure something out then.

NRR - my SIL is bringing the kids over for a bit this morning.  She does things so different than I do...  she knows that we have to leave the house around 1:00, but she isn't planning to come over until almost 11 after the baby naps - we have a packnplay, she could just put her down here and have the older kids run around and play all morning.  So they'll get here, play for a half hour, eat lunch, play, leave.  Oh well, better that than nothing Smile

WR - applied for the posted job at my ex-work, but also found out that the group I used to be in, though it has no official openings, they are going to be very busy soon and the manager was very interested to hear that I'm looking.  My current boss was supposed to call yesterday at 2:00 to discuss my return and so I arranged my schedule, rushed home from the gym, tossed the kids in bed for naps and then nothing, no call.  Grrr.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - nice pace for the 1000's! Nice outfit too, wish I could wear the target sports bras.

RG - Our weather has been perfect lately, hot but not too hot, and cooling down at night. I'm soaking it in. Grrr on SIL.

Cx2 - yay for looking healthier! The kiddie pool sounds fun.

arm - I always forget to bring toys! That sucks that DD1 is sick, I guess it's good that it's not strep but harder to fix allergies.

mzm - crazy deer! We had that happen last night and it was a mtn biker, scared the crap out of me! Weird on the wakeup, must have been a bad dream.

ernie - lol on the shopping, I don't even like letting M run free when I shop, she's a dawdler though, so it takes forever for her to walk anywhere.

dexy - nice job on the tempo!! Talk to Kristine on FB about the fidgeting thing, her DS got something to play w/ at school also.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

zorbs - Nice job on the Bermy 1000s. Sub 23 5k, I'm telling ya! Ha ha on "go running, you sweaty". When I come back from a run all sweaty is another time S is always trying to grab my boobs. She's gross! Okay, so is the cronut burger maker the same place that makes the regular cronuts? This really is terribly disappointing, even though we probably saved ourselves major stomach aches from sheer grease content.

rg - Whenever the really hot weather comes back, I am taken by surprise at how much harder it makes it to run. Crazy that SIL still hasn't given you a straight answer! I would probably count her as a no at this point.

cx2 - If you can get C into that kiddie pool, you can do what I do with S and count that as her bath Wink

arm - Yup, allergies sound about right...I think goldenrod and ragweed just came out in full force this week.

mrszm - Wow, I've never been that up close and personal with a deer before! Kind of cool but also freaky. Lol at dd not wanting to give up her tooth.

Dexy - There's a guy in my town who rides his bike wearing nothing but a speedo and then does push ups and high kicks outside the post office, and a woman who does topless yoga on her front lawn, so I'm pretty sure I could do any workout I want on my front lawn and no one would even look twice Smile.  Great job on your tempo in spite of all the crappy nrr stuff.

CA - I'd say M learning to open door knobs late is definitely a blessing! I know a few people that are like you SIL - very regimented with the naps. It probably is good for sleep habits but can make it really hard to make plans with them. Ugh, so frustrating that you rushed home and they didn't call. Hopefully you get a call today when you're home.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

dexy - I'm pretty sure it was Kristine Che's son who used the pencil chew and the necklace to help him focus at school.

cx2 - I told DH that you're a Chinese girl who drives a Ford and he said, "oh she must have a white husband."  Well I am a chinese girl with a white husband but he still thinks I shouldn't drive a Ford.  i mean, he'll let me drive his car but actually own it as MY car, no way.

CA - I'd almost be nasty enough to mention the non-call to the boss.

ernie - I have 1 more 5K in London in a couple weeks, if the weather and course are forgiving, I'm gonna go for another PR, at least sub 24. I am under the impression that they're not selling cronuts without the burger at the CNE and you can only get cronuts at some downtown bakery.

nolamama

CQTM

Hello Ladies,

ER: Core plus some pushups, pullups, dips, and these planking row things I saw on a video from RW. I doubt I will be able to roll out of bed tomorrow morning.

TR: Was bit by a classmate this morning at daycare. I can't wait to see her.

FR: Pizza/salad night (aka DH gets to sit at the bar and drink while pizza is being made night). I told him I was going to get the pizza and he got a little snarky. Just kidding, DH! Joking

NRR: Can't shake this never-ending sinus stuff. Wondering if I have a sinus infection and should go to the DR (answer is yes!).

zorbs: so cute about B, they really do understand so much.

rg: I guess SIL isn't coming but just send a GD text already! Why do people make things so complicated?

cx2: A loves her kiddie pool, though we're at the point in the summer that the water coming out of the hose isn't refreshing. She likes it, though!

arm: oh no about DD! Hopefully the allergy meds do the trick.

mrszm: How long has TR been in a toddler bed?

ernie: A has been fascinated with my boobs lately. She is always poking and pulling on them. After labor, delivery and BF, I just don't care anymore, though.

Dexy: Sorry, it sounds like today just isn't your day! Hopefully the stuff at work gets straightened out!

CAR: A is already opening doors. It's a nightmare.