Womens Running

How is it MONDAY?! (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

NO. I will not accept it!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

11.1 for me. Gym tonight for abs!

Good run! Legs felt great. I am having some aches and pains in my calves and my feet..I am assuming it is because of all the mileage lately. I need them stay strong for one more week!! Did some calf raises before I left the house and will foam roll when I get home. Do any of you foam roll your feet? Like, ankles and sides of feet? I am not sure it does any good...

Yesterday it rained all day - I didn't realize that it would probably freeze over. Almost slipped down the driveway! Black ice in some spots but luckily they were few and far between. Schools are on a 2 hour delay though.

I have a very busy week this week. Going to request to WFH Friday.Hopefully mammels ego will let me.

I have a hair apt this weekend - trying to figure out what I want to do with it. Loving the dark color because I have 0 root Smile I might try the balayage (basically painted on highlights that dont start at the root) in a caramel color. I need to look at Pinterest. Look at me already thinking about the weekend!

Docket – Nice run!!!

Kathryn – You are never annoying! We all get obsessed with our races Smile

Happy Monday! I think I have done enough for today. Time to go home?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got a 2 hour delay this morning. Apparently there is still some ice around, although in a lot of spots, the roads are dry. I'm taking my sweet time going in. I have a bruise across the top of my foot from catching a root yesterday. It's pretty painful, no way am I running today.

Lizzie, my jacket is a Nike Shield. Here's a picture I found:

I can only assume the Garmin crapped out due to tree cover. But the odd thing is it was fine through 1.5 laps. I had issues with it in my fall half as well, that was on a rail trail with lots of trees. I've never had the signal drop & not get recovered though.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I got restless being inside so I went down to the park. The park had been well scraped so I got in 40 minutes of running. In the afternoon DC and I headed down to the library and put in 3 hours of volunteer work.

Friday I was glad to have yoga class and some meditation classes as well at the college.

Saturday was USDO for some healing and 2.5 hours volunteer work. Reaaaaaaaaallly physical stuff.

Sunday DC and I went to the gym so I got in 40 good running minutes. I also got to talk to an injured friend of mine and he is mending quite well.

Today I want to go over to the gym when my friends will be there. Chicken vegetable soup is in the crock pot.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Monday already???

Had a good race Saturday. Frosted Fanny Duathlon--I have raced that course three times now, and it is nice to know where everything is.  2 mile run + 11 mile ride + 2 mile run.  I was so bundled up!!  It was SO windy!! Had a great tail wind headed out and averaged 23-24 mph. On the return with the head wind was about 11 mph. Ugh it was tough.  My back was quite irritated about riding in aero position and near the end I couldn't remember which foot to clip out first!! I was fine and didn't fall over at the dismount point thank goodness.  Got 1st in my AG, they had cool pottery bowl trophies.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and text

My back is quite mad today and I am really tempted to head to the house. Rocking the heating pack right now.

Lizzie--Glad Ruger is ok. That is quite scary!!

Gatsby--beautiful trail run pics!

Seloc

Kat – haven’t watched This Is Us, yet, so no spoilers, please!  All I know is even this guy at work cried the entire time LOL.  I, too, was surprised with the Eagles win.  Happy for Foles.  Oh goodness, I’m just in the planning stages – want to avoid winter next year so hoping to spend 3mo in Phnx area.  We’ll see.  I feel like any time I post something on here it’s a jinx.  It makes me happy how excited you are for your race!  Keep posting away!!

Lizzie – your pork shoulder sounds SO good!  I had a taste of some pork my friend was bringing to a family gathering.  Yum.  Makes me consider making it but mine wouldn’t be nearly as good.  Will stick to my lettuce and refried beans.  Sigh.  OMG, how scary about Ruger and the gum!  So happy he seems fine so far.  I do NOT want to be here at work today either.  I honestly want to go to bed and wake up in March.  And, yeah, super annoying I have this new bug.  Seriously.  I do NOT normally get sick.  Ever.  It must be karma somehow.  OMG, I would be ECSTATIC if I only had to live through less than 2months of winter.  You are funny about avoiding cake simply by LOOKING at a bathing suit.  Funny about the bra size but, yep.  It happens.  Boobs are just fat.  I actually have a bit of cleavage right now in a sports bra since I’m up about 3-4lbs.

Elina – cracked me up about the booze run!!  LOL your friends are lucky to have you as such a speedster!

Gatsby – wow, beautiful photo but 80s are for SURE too hot.  You did AWESOME – especially for the couch to 50K plan.  And now another race coming up!  Fun!  You ran again yesterday?!!  And too tired for beer??  Oh my goodness I’m pretty sure I’ve never been in that state LOL

Laura – nice outside miles!  Snow and wind does not sound fun.  SUPER excited for you to get to FL in a week!  How was the new brewery?  Dang, we would get along well IRL…

Karen – awwww sorry you were feeling crappy on your long run.  Smart to cut it short!  So easy for me to give that advice but NOT so easy to take my own.  Still super pissed I did not get mine in.

HCK – OMG that sounds like SUCH a hard race!  You did awesome pushing through!  LOL on the snow getting louder.  Not sure why that made me laugh.  How’s your foot feeling today?

Lizzie2 – OMG, 11 miles on a Monday.  Seriously, girl, I’m in awe.  I do not foam roll often but also never really have issues with ankles/feet.  Sorry, no help there.  Yikes on the icy conditions – glad you avoided a slip!  Yes yes yes on Friday WFH!  Oh, man, I’m ALWAYS looking forward to the next weekend.  Even when the weekends aren’t all that swell.  Dang, I need a hair appt, too.  Roots need touch up and it’s getting too long and unruly.  But, will probably do the roots myself and wait another month.  Frugal Frieda here.  I like that balayage look!  I bet it would look cute on you.

Sue – congrats on the race!

Monday is regular rest day over here.  Probably a good thing since I sound like a 2 pack a day smoker.  Lungs are full of crap.  And also just as well since it is not supposed to be above zero in the mornings until Sunday.  I won’t even tell you how annoyed I am by that.  I did NOT stay up for This Is Us.  Tried to watch this morning but it wasn’t on OnDemand, yet.  Came into the office and am regretting such as my neighbor stinks worse than ever.  So happy freakin Monday.

Anonymous Guest

Yesterday when I started running I got sudden pain in my inside ankle/top of foot. So I walked for awhile and it went away, so I ran and didn't think much about it. Then last night I started limping pretty bad. I got up this morning and it was fine until I started walking around, then my outside ankle started hurting. No idea what's going on there, but I guess I'm taking a rest day. Maybe later I'll ride the bike if it doesn't bother it. Not happy.

Congrats, Susan! That sounds tough, I think if I had to have wind, I'd rather have it going out and then fly coming in instead of slogging into the wind at the end, and then having to run again. I have just been riding my road bike on the trainer - I need to get my tri bike outside and get used to aero position again, preferably before this weekend.

I'll try to get back later for personals (I obviously have the time if I'm not running today!), right now I'm just going to wallow in self pity and feel sorry for myself.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Ugh, Monday.  I was up late reading a book.    DH's holiday party was Saturday and I didn't do too much yesterday.  We got about 4-5 inches of snow.  Now the temps are below zero.  Yay.  My hair was slightly damp when I walked DD to the bus stop this morning and it froze.  My toes also got really cold in my boots while driving to work this morning.  Weird when you are in the car with a heater and your toes still freeze!  On the "non-running" front, I am continuing to rest the foot.  I decided to do both the arm and the glute monthly challenge, as well as abs every other day and the foot strengthening exercises.  Now that I don't run I am eating less, so I haven't gained weight.  I guess that is a plus.  

Lizzie, nice mileage!  You are having an awesome training cycle.  I have never foam rolled my feet.    You should have HCBF massage them.    Oooh, balayage looks really cool.  I would do that with my hair if I colored it!   I am glad Ruger is OK.  Darn dogs!  I was just looking at an ad on Friday for pork shoulder.  Now I will have to get some.  

Kupcakes, sorry about the bad trail race.  I probably would have called it quits after the first loop.    I hope your foot is better!

Sue, congrats on the AG first!  The pottery bowl trophy looks nice!

Sandy, sorry that you were not feeling well this weekend!  Do you think your stinky co-worker would notice if you started spraying Febreze around him?     I haven't watched This is Us either, DD wanted to see it this morning before school but I figure she will cry and be sad.  Better to do that in the evening!

Elina, I checked out those ear buds.  I am wondering how that currency translates to US dollars.     Nice 20K and nice weekly mileage!

Laura, nice job on the challenges!  They are kind of fun.  Better than all that ab stuff.    Though I have to say, my abs are noticeably stronger.  Though I would have to lose my warm winter tummy insulating layer to see them, lol.  Nice job on the outdoor miles also!

Karen, ha, nice when you get distracted and don't notice how far you are running.    Oh no, I hope that foot pain goes away!

Kat, I tried to watch the Antelope video but was getting sick just watching the video.    Glad that you feel good about your work decision.

Tessa, sounds like a nice time with Diana!

Diane, congrats on the 28 mile week!

Margaret, congrats on the 50K!  Sounds like the Couch to 50K plan worked well.    Wow, that looks like a tough race.

Cathy

Arimathea

Tessa

Margaret, that looks like a nice course! Some year. DH did basic training at Ft. Ord. There's also Buzz Marathon which is all on Camp Roberts land, off 101 by San Miguel. February 18th this year. We're trying to get it moved back to Saturday.

Liz, sorry, yes it is Monday.

Karen, hope your foot feels better!

Will try to figure out how to post pics Diana sent. The bunny is frightening. (Sandy, almost as bad as the bronze statue on Minnehaha Parkway in Mlps that the Twin Cities course passes.) Yes air quality was bad. The ridge of high pressure we have over California that's holding in the heat and keeping out the storms is also holding in the air pollution. Bah.

Swamped. No run this morning, didn't sleep well. No lunch run either since I have meetings.

Hello ladies!  Returned from CA yesterday.  Wedding was fabulous!  Reception (live band) was amazing, lots and lots of dancing, those ballroom dancing lessons come in handy, LOL!!

We drove/stayed/visited with a couple friend in Corona on Thursday, then drove up/checked into Westin hotel in Pasadena on Friday.  Met with groom (DH's best friend from 2002) after he flew in for about an hour before he had to meet his bride and wedding party for rehearsal.  He rather wing it, HAHA!! I ran about 6 miles on TM, and some weight workout in the awesome fitness room!  Then met up with groom and others later in the evening for social hour.  Next morning, Tessa picked me up at hotel at 7am.  After finding trailhead, we had to park a couple of blocks away, lots of hikers already and it's getting warm, whew!

We tried one trail and it didn't look safe so we decided to go back and join ALL THE HIKERS on the switchback trail up to the summit.  I told Tessa I'll meet her at the top and I ran all the way to the top, it was great!  View is probably much nicer without all the pollution over the city but it was worth the sweat!  Took some photos and waited for Tessa.  Then we headed back down.  I ran down and met her at the bottom.  She is absolutely committed to cleaning up the trails or whatever she is for sure ...........she carries a plastic bag and it was almost full by the time she got to the bottom of the trail.  I'm glad there are awesome people like her!! I did my share of pointing out the trash here and there, HA!!

We had a hearty breakfast afterwards while we visited, chatted about running and places yet to be raced!  Then it was 'see you soon' soooo soon! So it was about 5.5 miles that day.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy day! I have done so much walking today I shouldnt have worn boots. They don't have a heel but whew..hours of walking is not what these babies are meant for. My feet hurt so bad. I have to walk the building again tomorrow to get square footage in the hallways (I had to ask how to get square footage..LOL. Math is NOT my strong suit) so I will defiantly be wearing my comfy FLATS! Smile

Heading to the gym soon! Ready for bed. LOL.

Run4kupcakes – I thought of you this morning with the 2 hour delay and figured you would be on one, too! Ouch sorry about the foot! Do you think you really damaged something in there? I am going to look into that jacket, thanks! Odd about the Garmin. Frustrating.

Judy – Wow, physical weekend for you! Smile Have fun today and chicken soup sounds yummy!

Susan – Congratulations on the duathlon! First in AG, awesome!!!! Sorry your back is bugging you!

Sandy – LMAO!!! Go back to bed and wake up in March..hahahaha. If I could do the balayage on my own, I would! Enjoy your rest day and rest rest rest! Sorry you seem to have come down with something! UUGGGHHH. Are you taking anything? EW on your stinky neighbor Sad What an awful start to the week sick+smelly neighbor. You will get through today and tomorrow will be better! How was going into work this morning? I was curious if you would have any traffic issues from yesterday

Karen – Noooooooooooo! Nope. No. No. You are not injured. I refuse to accept it. Maybe its just an off day. Those do happen you know!! Really hope a rest day helps!

Cathy – Your hair froze?! WOW. That is cold Smile I bow to you in your strength for not eating more and sticking with the abs/arm and glute challenges! I have a feeling if I was in your situation I would sit on the couch and drown my tears in cake. LOL. Seriously though. That is awesome! Do you have a timeline of when you will try a run again?

Tessa – Sorry you didn’t sleep well! Hope you are able to get some rest tonight! You are pretty awesome for carrying around a bag with you while running and picking up trash!

Run2trail – Awe, glad you had such a great time at the wedding and visiting with Tessa!!

Have a great evening ladies!

Seloc

Karen – oh no on the foot!!  Hopefully it’s just a passing niggle.  Maybe something is just out of whack?  That happened to a friend of mine and her chiro put it back in place.  Hers came on in a flash and was so bad she couldn’t weight bear.  So strange.  Any good book recs recently?

Cathy – ooooh, what book?!  It must have been a good one if it made you stay up late!  I’m always looking for recommendations.  I just started The Orphan’s Tale but it isn’t really grabbing me.  Man, you have discipline to do those challenges!  I guess I like my chair too much.  Oh, and I’m laaaaaaaazy haha.  OMG, I freeze my hair every day.  It’s super thick and I can’t be bothered to ever dry it completely.  I thought it was funny all the warnings they had this weekend for the out of towners that beware their cell phone batteries would freeze in this weather.  It’s a no brainer for the locals but I guess this is weather most have never experienced.  Good idea about the Febreeze – wonder if I could pull that off.  Hmmmmmmmmm

Tessa – OMG I’m laughing that you know about the bunny on the parkway!  How on earth did you see it running the marathon, though?!  I have a couple friends that live very near there and I remember when it was put up.  Not sure why they chose a rabbit but, whatever.  Sounds like a super fun time with Diana!  And thank you for doing MORE than your part on keeping America beautiful.

Diana – sounds like you were quite the rabbit scampering up the hill to the lookout!  Fun!  Sounds like a great wedding as well.  I haven’t been to a wedding in a long long time.  In between people my age and still too early for the nieces/nephews.  Super fun to dance away like that.

Lizzie – OMG sounds like you put on some serious miles at WORK in addition to the 11 this morning.  Sounds like a good evening for CAKE!!  Gonna drink this sickness away with wine tonight – no need for drugs haha.  No traffic issues for me this morning but I head pretty much straight north to DT St. Paul.  They were showing the traffic near the airport (which is about 15mi west of me) was pretty bad as early as 6am.  The ice castle is still up and the Winter Carnival goes until Saturday with the Torchlight Parade and then the Vulcans come and bring warmth to show that spring is coming.  Yeah, whatever haha

OMG I’ve been in SUCH a foul mood since the Saturday run fail.  And looking at the forecast (colder than a witches teet until the end of time) makes it worse!  MUST SNAP OUT OF IT.  Or, turn into a couch potato and just drink wine and eat popcorn until the end of time – that’ll work, too.  I have to run at the gym tomorrow and already don’t wanna.  Whine whine whine.  Have a good night everyone!

Kilmisters

Sorry for the rant, but my day off was... Ugh...

8am: colleague calls because I didn't send her my PC password so that she can update/send my reports. Ok, my mistake. I was at doctors w K and left my phone in jacket so didn't respond. So they eventually called IT to reset my PC password. 100% my fault.

9am: the report for Competition Council, which, as said before, I finished and sent on Friday at 7pm so that I can just calmly have my days off... Yeah... Lawyers said ''We can have the data on Tuesday too, no problem''. But I did the thing on Friday just to, as I said, cross that thing out of my to-do-list. ''Can have the data on Tuesday too'' my a--. Many calls from unknown number which I didn't pick up until my boss messaged on Whatsapp ''please call Margarita asap''. Turns out they needed extra info (which I suspected and already consolidated on Friday), so I had to call my colleague, ask her to log in my PC, files, find the file and send to lawyers. At 9am.

2pm: since I had the day off, I visited my former colleagues. Had amazing time, lots of laughter, lots of inside jokes, amazing.... But. I hadn't planned to tell them about K, because, you know, why should I. Until they said ''You know, there are lots of strong rumors flying around that you are pregnant.'' HOW. There was incredibly narrow ''circle'' of people that knew/know. Ugh. Obviously, to avoid stupid rumors, I told them about K. But... Ugh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Cathy:  glad we connected and got my confusion sorted out ......seriously, I think I'm losing it sometimes, LOL!!  I LOVED the racing photo!  I was so pulling you past the two runners at the end, My hair is about the same length but wavy especially when it's all sweat, I definitely would not have looked that great at the finish.

Karen:  WOW, I'm still excited about your 'considering' the 100m!!  BB would be an ideal perfect trail for a long distance one.  Bummer, hope the annoying ankle is just that.  The longer distance we train for, the more itty bitty injuries tend to surface and linger. Smart to cut runs short so body can recover from being sick, I'm just getting body aches now and then, weird.

Kats:  sorry the work place is not working out.  You're looking for another place to work? Are you looking outside of TX?  I have watched some youtube videos of Antelope.  I got my share of running in the sand from Moab and Monument Valley in Nov, two weeks apart.  MV made Moab look like a walk in the park, it was DEEP DEEP SAND.  There are portions like that for Antelope from what I've seen.  I'll be in run/walk/run mode for sure.  Are you staying with in Page.  I know you mentioned it ..........like I said, memory is fading, LOL!!

Lisa:  it is so good to have you here again.  I carry packets of Starbucks or other coffee brands when I travel, hike, camp ....just need hot water.  easy peasy.  But I'm not a 'hard-core-need-it-every-morning' coffee drinker, I do de-caff .......yeah, I know! 

Sue:  CONGRATS!!  that's amazing ......in the wind!  That's a hard workout on the bike, let alone running.  I love other AG awards other than a medal, makes the event much more memorable.

Half Crazy:  WTG on the race too!  Those roots can just jump out at you, I know.    It's frustrating when Garmin stops .....I'm dealing with one now, even after charging it all night.  I agree that thick cloud/tree cover will interrupt GPS.  Hope the foot heals quickly.  You did awesome despite the weather conditions, love the determination to finish. CONGRATS!

Liz:  I foam the hell out of my legs especially calves and quads as much as I can.  It does help to ease the stiffness and circulate the blood, just do it slowly and hold for a few seconds in areas that are most sore. Patience.  Calf raises do help but I still get achy/sore calves after long runs.

Seloc:  stinky co-worker, eeewww!  I feel for you dear friend......the MN weather, ugh!  Bet you're glad the game is over, and traffic is 'normal' again, LOL!  OH NO, So sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  Feeling it in the lungs is never good.  You're gonna just 'rest' through this bout?

Tessa:  The deranged bunny was just that because of its size.........LOL!!  It was wonderful to meet/run a trail with you.  It's always tough to stay on 'running' schedule when there are social events to attend.  I'm glad you were there to make sure I got my lazy butt out on the trail that morning ............this is coming from a NON-early morning runner.  Only when I absolutely NEED to.