Womens Running

TOO HOT THURSDAY, DIVAS (Read 18 times)

gsdrunner

We are going to be in the 90s again today... I thought it was September :/

gsdrunner

Hoping m key comes this morning! We are all getting a little cabin fever!

RR; Yesterday went well my running is suffering though. Did 3 on the TM, when M and I walked to 3 milers. Today I am hoping to do some running with another walk after dinner.

NRR: When my key comes I need to run to BJs for some items and to the grocery store. BJs is great for some items but not everything. A friend is coming over around lunch time for a visit. We haven't seen each since before summer started. It will be great, plus she will be amazed with M's growth and development. I think I will swing by the sushi restaurant for us. One more day then DH is home. I bet he will be tired this week. First part of it was in FL then in NYC. This week has been tough. I have no clue what is up with G&A, but seriously they have made this week extremely tough. Its like they both have PMS and forgot everything. Ugh! Dogs! I love them though.  I am hoping for some good outdoor run this weekend and I will take A with me. Maybe that will get her situated.

Mel: He was in Fort Lauderdale.

Off to start the day... I am so dragging.... Jewel I am with you not setting the alarm this weekend.

taylorma1

Gsd-morning! Hope your key comes today

RR: easy 7 this morning. Woke up at 4:30 to get it done before class.

NRR: long day. Test this morning, then I have to write a paper due at midnight and prepare my lesson that I am teaching for this evening. Can't wait until tomorrow when I won't have anything to do

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

NRR: crazy day yesterday.  but good. thanks for the birthday wishes!

toda it's still crazy work (8 more days till deadline!) and then music practice. So home around 9 if I don't manage to squeeze home in for a short time after work.

RR: just finished 2 miles. pretty good. tomorrow I might bump myself up to 3...

Gsd; sorry about the continued lack of keys!!

taylor: good luck with the test and the paper! that's tons for you!

OJewel

Morning!

gsd- I love sushi! Enjoy, and have a great time visiting with your friend. I hope that key comes today!

taylor- wow, great job on the early 7! I hope you get everything done today !

RR- well, today was supposed to be my last longish midweek run, but it's sooooo disgustingly humid out. I quit at 5 of a planned 8. Oh, well. Ill try and tack on a couple miles tomorrow.

NRR- just working. I have a stressful meeting with an employee this morning, so wish me luck. i have to put on my bitchy boss pants and I hate that. Ill be working late tonight, then it's Friday! Cannot wait for this weekend. Beyond ready for it.

Have a great Thursday!

OJewel

LizoLimonite- another one with a busy day! I am sure you are ready for deadline day to get here. Glad you had a great birthday!

OJewel

Ha, lizo auto corrected to lizo lemonite. I wonder what that even is.

SassySparky

Morning!

RR: did 4 miles + 1 with Birdie thiS morning. I woke up at 430 with a Charley horse in my left calf and I couldn't fall back asleep. I had one yesterday morning at the same time in the same place. Odd, because I'm not dehydrated and think I have enough potassium. one of my pairs of shoes has a lot of miles in them (280, which is a lot for me) so in going to retire them and rotate in a new pair. I've been rotating two pairs this training cycle and I'm pretty happy with that!

NRR: I really don't want to travel this weekend for this wedding (for those who asked it is in our college town of Meadville PA in northwest PA about 30 miles south of Erie.)  lots of dealing with in-laws and 3 flights with a toddler. Sigh. And last night we found out that one of our best friends isn't going so I'm looking forward to it even less. I need to remind myself that despite all the fussiness around it and hassle, it is a chance for G to see family and meet some of our friends. My boss is driving me crazy this week and I'm getting annoyed with him. The only good thing is that I have a tooth cleaning appointment this afternoon and get to leave work early!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

POrun

Happy Thursday!!!

RR: My 4 miles I didn't want to do turned into a 5 miles that was much faster than expected. Just don't love coming home covered in gnats! Tonight is tri running with some speedwork. Probably will end up being 5 miles...

NRR: Not much. DH is now heavily looking for new job opportunities. Between our 1.5% raises for the past 3 years, and raising health insurance by over 30% and providing much less with it, he's had it. We want to stay in the area, so hopefully he can find something within 45 minutes drive! Wish him luck! I'm staying, they're paying for my school...

GSD: I'm still waiting to get out of the 90s! I'm sure it will get cold soon enough! I hope you get your key today!

taylor: Good job on getting up early to get in your 7! Good luck with your school work!

lizo: Hope you had a nice Birthday!!! Sounds like a busy day ahead!

OJ: Good luck with the meeting! I hope it goes ok!

Meli: I hope you are enjoying having Bubbles in the house! Miss you!!! After you get through IMFL, and you are ready to think about tris for next spring, we'll have to plan out some we can both do! I'm excited to actually get to do tris next spring!

Have a great day ladies!

POrun

Sassy: Odd about the charlie horses. I used to get them almost nightly for about a month when I was college running, and I could never figure out what was causing them. I hope the trip ends up being much more fun than you're expecting right now!

SassySparky

Alright now that I'm at work and not typing on my phone, PERSONALS!

GSD - hope the key comes soon!

Taylor - nice job getting up early and getting out there - is it really dark or did you run on the TM? good luck on the school work

Lizo -I hope you can fit everything in today!

Jewel - it was really humid here as well! I hope the meeting goes well! I really dislike awkward work situations like that.

PO - great job on your run, sounds like it was a good one! I hope DH has good luck finding another job. Are there a lot of companies in the same industry in your area? Yeah I have no idea why I'm getting charlie horses! I used to get them when I was younger and not a runner but wearing bad shoes (heels etc) all the time, but now I'm always wearing supportive shoes (heck this week I lived in my running shoes at work because I've been on my feet so much). I am just hoping switching out the old running shoes will help.

c a s s i e

Hi ladies! Long time, no check-in for me...mornings are too stinking busy! I hope everyone is doing well.

GSD - I cannot believe how big M is (I stalk you on FB). I hope your key comes and your dogs settle down!

Taylor - I hear you on the early mornings. Not too fun, but we've gotta do what we've gotta do, right? Good luck with that busy day.

Lizo - Your profile pic is gorgeous! How is married life? (Besides super busy)

Jewel - Yuck,  humidity. What are you training for now?

Sassy - Wow, bummer that your shoes only last 280 miles. I hope getting new ones clears up the charley horse issues. Good luck dealing with your boss being annoying today.

PO - Sounds like you are feeling much better than last time I checked in. I'm so glad to hear it!!

And as for me..

RR: 9 miles easy this morning. I've been doing more treadmill running than I'd like to lately, but sometimes I won't have time at night and I'm still scared of the dark. Smile

NRR: School is in full swing now (we've been in almost a month already) and is going pretty well. The freshmen are finally starting to warm up to me a little... we're past the awkward too-scared-to-talk stage, and I think we're approaching the end of the how-far-can-we-push-the-rules stage, so that's good. In other news, just busy with school and family stuff. Nothing too interesting despite feeling like I'm always on the go!

I hope everyone I didn't "see" today is doing well, too. I try to keep up on FB. Have a great Thursday! The weekend is near!

Visit my blog at www.ruralrunningredhead.com!

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. 5 miles with 3 at Tempo pace for me today. Hoping it goes better then last week's which was terrible! Next week I bump up to 6 miles with 4 at tempo pace. Yesterday, I had a great 15 mile bike ride, about 9 on trails, 6 on road. Really fun, but I'm sore in a bad place. Haha. I have a road-racing saddle on my cross bike which is great on the road, but OMG not on bumpy trails!

NRR. Working on some stuff around here today. Tomorrow, I'm seeing 2-3 potential offices for my massage business and then have 2 clients. Really need to get into a new office, but it's hard finding just the right fit as far as scheduling, price, location, etc!

Sassy- Hope switching your shoes helps with the calf cramps! Also, sounds like the trip might be a little stressful, but I hope it ends up being fun too! Are you doing your LR tomorrow?

GSD- Hope your key comes today! Enjoy your visit with your friend. Sorry the pups are driving you nuts, hope they calm down a bit!

Lizo- Happy birthday!

Jewel- Haha, Bitchy Boss Pants, so funny. But no fun, I'm sure. Good luck getting through it. One more day til the weekend! Smile

Taylor- I need to channel some of your motivation and speed! Been feeling like a slacker lately!

PO- Good luck to DH in finding a new job!

Cassie- HI LADY!!! Welcome back! Smile Glad things are all going well with school and running. Love to read your blog when I have time.

Meli- How are things with the pup? We need PICTURES!!!!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

Just popping in to say hello and then goodbye!!

I'm packing up my car and then I'm picking up my dress and heading to VT. Getting married in TWO DAYS!!!! Surprised  I'm soooooooooo nervous. EEEEEK.

I'll be back Monday! Hopefully!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

SassySparky

Cassie - yeah I've never been able to get a lot of miles out of my shoes - I'm an overpronator but wear neutral shoe + orthotic and I think that kills them. I have tried various brands and it's always the same. HEY I've really been enjoying your blog! I need to add it to my RSS reader so I remember to read more regularly!

NC - Yep, long run tomorrow but it's only 10 miles this week (yay cutback!) so shouldn't interfere with work / life too much!

LUCY yayayayayayay wedding weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! Blush