Womens Running

Happy Birthday, Zorbs- Monday Supermoms (Read 9 times)

runnergirl9508

Hope it's a great day, zorbs!

RR: bootcamp + a run this morning. Probably something around the 5-mile range. I felt great after my 10 mile LR on Sat. Walked to the park and back with DH and R yesterday.

TR: he hasn't napped the past 3 days Sad  He will at least stay in his room for 1-1.5hrs and play quietly or read books though. He had a blast at the park yesterday with DH- they played basketball. The nice thing about no nap is that he falls asleep right away at bedtime.

NRR: low-key weekend, which was nice. I kept hoping baby girl would decide to make her appearance, but she seems content. R was born at 37w4d, and I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow, so she already feels "late" haha.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 3.6 miles for my age with Amy.

KR - the other day, he saw a picture of me (the selfie of me and the cat) and he said, "it's Paw-Paw!" (my mom)...yikes!

FR - chinese sausage fried rice. Should I have birthday cake or froyo?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD.  My left calf had been feeling tight where it meets my hamstring at the back of my knee, so I grastoned my calf, now it looks like someone beat  me with a stick, but the calf feels great! Taking things super easy again this week and hoping I can get some good training runs in next week since I have a half in 3 weeks.

KR - busy day yesterday, she was worn out completely by the end!  Signing her up for all day preschool, they have an 8:30-5:00 option, I'm thrilled as it means I can just pick her up after work.

TR - only napped 20 minutes in the car yesterday and played hard the rest of the day.  She had a massive tantrum when we got home, but then fell asleep in 2 seconds once she was in bed.

FR - either leftover spaghetti and meat sauce, or steaks, it'll depend on what DH is doing and what he wants.

DH-R - he's running the same marathon as me, and is trying out the Hanson's training method, starting in on week 2 today.  I'm curious to see how he likes it and how it works for him.  He recovers and enjoys the speedwork more than long runs, so I'm not sure how it'll effect his marathon to only run up to 16 miles.

RG - O was a day past my due date, and M had been 5 days early, so O really felt late also!  I also knew what I was in for (no sleeping), so was ok to let her cook a bit longer Smile

zorbs - Happy Birthday!  I'd choose froyo over cake, but if you like both, have both!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Didn't run yesterday, I got stuck at home waiting for the dude who was buying our car to show up, then grocery shopping, then naptime, and it just didn't happen.

Sage N Sun Fun Run RR: My 2 RPs and I signed up for the 2 miler because we haven't been running much, we knew that we couldn't race 5 miles. I had the shits all night before and the morning of, so I didn't push myself as hard as I could have in fear of a PM attack in the race. I missed my PR by 9 seconds. The race starts on a big hill, I'm good at hills, so I lost Joan there, Heidi stayed ahead of me the whole race. I got stuck by this guy that I really dislike (remember that time the guy I didn't like was touring my house with my builder- my former math teacher, now middle school principal and Heidi's new boss? That guy) running ahead of his son and cajoling him and making statements of disappointment in his son's race performance the whole way. I was getting so pissed, let the kid run his own race FFS! I made up a lot of time on the downhill at the end (same hill we start on) and kicked it in hard until I felt like puking. I got 2nd F AG 24-29,  Heidi got 1st F 30-40 and Joan got 2nd F 40-49.

FR: I ate little smokies and popcorn for dinner last night- that was night shift #6 in a row for DH, one more tonight then he will work days W,Th, Sat, Sun, Mon  and I'm losing my will to cook for myself. I'm back to posting on MFP, the last couple pictures posted to FB, I am looking chubby Sad

NRR: Picked more rocks yesterday, we are paying 2 teenage boys to pick some today as well. I skipped that family reunion and my dad sounded all disappointed when I called him for Father's day.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- Hoping little lady makes an appearance for you soon. Uggg on the no napping, doesn't that kid realize he's torturing mama?

zorbs- Happy birthday!! Froyo. I'm not big on cake unless its super duper decadent chocolate cake or cheesecake. But I'm saying that from a GF standpoint where all cake sucks now.

CA-So are you guys going to do different training plans and compare? Is Lori running Okanagan, too? Sweet about the allday preschool!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - awesome job on the race!!  I've never race 2 miles, but I have a 5k in 2 weeks, short races are hard!  Is DH still gonna have nights in his new job, or will it be more regular hours?  I hate selling shit, we sold our trailer this weekend, and it's such a PITA dealing w/ people etc.  I'm glad to have it gone!  Lori is planning to do Okanagan as long as she can get approval from her DH to go away for the weekend, she'll train for it regardless as she just likes marathon training.  I hope she runs it with me though!  DH and I will do different plans, we did different plans for Seattle also, but they were more similar though than they will be this time if he goes through with Hanson.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- DH will be on straight days to start while he works on getting licensed and OTJ training. Once he's fully qualified, he will go back to the rotating shifts from 6-6 BUT it will be here in town and he will only have to drive 4 miles to work vs 56, so he will have an extra hour on each end of his day. He only got stuck working so many nights because he took 2 OT shifts and they scheduled him for nights tonight on his Relief week. (On relief week you work 2 12's and an 8 and they can schedule you any time M-F, so he is working M nights, W & Th days).   I might run a 5k on 4th of July. Haven't decided 100% yet.

runnergirl9508

zorbs- nice run this morning! I'd go with the froyo, but I'm not really a cake fan. I hope you enjoy your birthday Smile

CA- hope the calf behaves. That's a tough area to work on! Yay for a half in 3 weeks. Will you be going for a PR, or just a hard race effort? glad you found a full-day preschool option for M! R didn't nap the past 3 days, but was out in less than 2 minutes last night and slept almost 12hrs! DH said he went in to wake him this morning, and R looked at him and said, "Few more minutes Dad." Lol.

spike- great job on the race, and congrats on the AG award! Ugh on the possible PM! Do you ever take immodium before races? I took it before my last marathon b/c I had AF and I KNEW that I'd have multiple portopotty stops without it. Worked like a charm and I didn't have to stop once! The rock picking sounds torturous! I'd be paying someone too. Glad that your DH is almost done with nights!

RR2- ended up with just over 5 miles this morning. It was foggy and cool.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - when B does nap, you are right, it makes bedtime even harder.

ca - i'm leaning towards froyo.

spike - why can't you have cheesecake? wouldn't that be simpler to make GF?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- but then I'd have to eat an entire cheesecake LOL  and that's if I could find GF graham crackers. They have them occasionally in the store.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I've had recurring shits and nausea for like 2 weeks. POAS and negative so its not that. Don't know what's going on and acidophilus is not helping. I haven't tried imodium because the only thing that makes me grumpier than diarrhea is constipation.