Womens Running

Fantastic February Friday Supermoms (Read 32 times)

jmmiller

Damn autocorrect!

RR: now I'm second guessing a run today. WWYD?

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

strollermama

Thank God it is February!!!!  That means we are one month down.  Only 12 more to go....

RR:  As I mentioned on FB, I finally sucked it on yesterday and ended up running 7 miles.  My legs felt really good and not sore.  Today is supposed to be SRD but I am think I prefer to do SRD the day before LR.  I might just go for a long walk/run today to the playground.  I am feeling really good about my miles for January but I think it was probably my highest mileage ever, and I still have a few months before the marathon.  Hoping I don't burn out.

BR:  Loves playing with headbands.  He takes my sweaty bands or winter headbands and walks around putting them on his head.  I think he would enjoy the diaper game Zorbs plays Smile

NRR:  No school today.  Decided to not take H to day care and just spend the day with him.  I do need to get some studying done so I hope I can get him to take some good naps.  I just can't get myself to study at night after he goes to bed.

NRR2:  Thinking of making some type of countdown for H and I do until daddy comes back.  I can't decide whether to do it by the day or by the month....  What do you think?

RG - So glad your mom is coming.  Enjoy the time with her and do something to pamper yourself while you have the help!  And when I first started reading your post I saw little rodent and though you were referring to DS, haha.  I thought what an odd nickname.

zorbs - How did the cat like that?

jen- Enjoy your snow day.  And I am not sure what toddler boy doesn't have a short one.  It is so funny to watch H play next to a girl the same age.  He looks like a tazmanian devil.

eh- Glad nothing too serious what was wrong with the knee.

bermy - Is the race today or tomorrow?  I am so excited for you!!  And I love chili with pumpkin.

ernie - Great job on the run despite the crazy wind.  Hope today's goes better.  ANd I feel you on the skin.  Yesterday I was thinking, I have got to do something about this.

cx2 - Have fun at the dinner!  Are you nervous about giving a speech?

mrszm - Are you feeling any better?

jmiller - Enjoy your pedi!  Hopefully your race doesn't detroy your pretty toes Smile.  You feeling ready?  Is it Saturday or Sunday?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

jmiller - I would do 3 easy miles.

jmmiller

Bermy: good luck this weekend!! Your training has been amazing. You will rock it!

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

runninmer

jmmiller - As shelby said 3 miles is a good pre race distance. I usually do and easy 5K the day before a longer race.

shelby - J took the headband I wear when running, put it on his head and laughed hysterically last night.  It was super cute.  Have a great day off.  Good luck with the naps!  When I first read your "12 more to go...." my first though was, but there are 12 months in the year.  Yeah....

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

strollermama

bermy - Is there a chance you tested too early?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - meeting RP for c25K.  I'm not really considering these 'runs' yet, but I guess I will have to soon.  I might have to change my week around if Friday  becomes a run day.

TR - woke up at 9:30 last night, she has a cold, I spent 20 minutes lying with her, she kept holding my hand which made it hard to sneak away.

BR - was super super fussy yesterday, and just wailed when I pressed on her gums.  Hopefully today is better.

FR - Beef and Basil w/ coconut rice.

Bermy - I PR'ed my 5k last year w/ a sub 23, first female, and was 4 weeks preggo - maybe you'll repeat that!

I'll do more personals later in the day...  I have to get M and I dressed and the chariot into the car.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

armmama - I think I am going to stick with Brooks for a while.  To me, they are a good pair if I didn't start having problems until the mileage I was at.  LOVE Whole Foods!  That is one of the best places to shop.

mrszm - Have fun shopping with your parents tomorrow.  Are you taking all 3 kids with you?  You really seem to have bumped up your mileage!  Good for you!  My colleagues wife is newly pregnant and is going to the same hosptial you delivered at, who was your OB again?

jmmiller - I hope your appointments go well.  That is not funny having a kid locked in the car.  Zorbs could sympathize with that one! Smile

CAR - I hope you have a good workout with RP and that O is a little less fussy today!  You are doing amazing with your mileage by the way! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Yesterday was a SRD. I am going to to at least 5-6 miles today. Was supposed to run with RP but she just texted me that she came down with a sore throat. Had graston and ART done on my calf yesterday and its a lovely shade of maroon from the bruises. Leaving R in daycare while I run.

BR: Has decided to do the terrible twos early. This morning there was a 4 am wakeup with insano crying, thrashy sleep in my bed, temper tantrums because he wanted to watch a movie and not eat his breakfast, tantrums trying to get him in the car which culminated with him arching his back then shrieking directly into my right ear canal. My hearing is still dampened and I have a headache.

FR: Last night was roasted veggie frittata, DH informed me he had eaten eggs twice already yesterday and would be cooking a frozen pizza for himself. Need to decide what to make for dinner- have a lb of ground beef and some chicken thighs thawing in the fridge.

NRR: DH and I are trying to cut back on spending to save money for the house, so of course I have a terrible case of the gimme gimmes. Normally I'm not much of a shopper, but right now I really want to buy a new purse. DH has ok'd my purchase of a new camera lens with a small portion of my bonus that I'm getting in 10 days.

QOTD for Canada peeps- DH found me a used lens on a site that he frequents and the guy is in Ontario. Would I be able to receive said lens before Feb 11 here in Washington state, USA without paying an arm and a leg? I did a quick check on the Canada post site and the cheapest shipping is like $10, and its more like $20-30.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

to everyone who asked: the cat tolerated the train torture for about 10 seconds.

jen - what are you going to cook for your friends?

alison - I find people always look at me funny if I run somewhere and wearing very obviously running gear in a non-running situation (like at the mall)

bermy - I prefer to aim low, real low for races.  In my 5K next weekend (if I run it at all), I am looking to PR by 15 seconds.  Considering I wasn't able to even shave 12 seconds off my marathon time, 15 seconds for a 5K seems like a very tall order.

ernie - I was going to say maybe dryness?  DH and I love eggplant.

cx2 - occasionally B has done some weird head shakes, weird enough to make us stare, but he stops doing it very soon.

mer - yes I am an only child and a typical one too. I always tell people I've never had problems making time for myself because I am such a selfish bitch by nature.  hehe, did you try both things to help get to sleep? Wink

arm - I totally agree with the premise of clean eating, but yeah I can't bother buying all the weird ingredients and spending a ton of time cooking.

arm - ugh, 8 miles with the stroller is long enough to feel annoying and worse when you're not motivated.

mrszm - i imagine that working the bouncy house would be equivalent to chip removal at a race. :P

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Spike - Canada post is more expensive than USPS. I'd guess $20 shipping and 2-3 weeks to arrive.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

shelby - B invented the diaper hat game, not me.

CA - when i was teaching learn to run, I'd consider those to be low key doubles.

spike - I don't know about the date but suffice to say I have never paid less than $10 for shipping for ANYTHING, anywhere.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

BermyHorse

BR2: DS is napping – like, out for the count. There is no rhyme or reason to sleep. And of course because I thought we were going nap-less today I cooked dinner during breakfast and got super organized. Now I am sat on the couch, with everything ready, missing my little man. Can’t win. Aarrggghhh. DH and I talked a lot about it last night and he thinks he just misses me and wants to be with me cos it’s fun. I thought that was a very sweet thing to say. I am right in the middle of a sewing project for a pg friend and I am going to bust my booty to get it finished.

Rg – whoo hoo on your mom coming. You deserve a little bit of pampering and the support that comes with her visits. What happened in college that changed things? Do send recipe when you have a moment. I will also post the Brazier ‘Thrive’ mango/coconut/quinoa protein bars too when I get a chance.

Jen – love your miles, love your snow day. Great on guests, whoo hoo on getting organized. What a lovely post and what a lovely day for you!

Mer – I think bfn meant bfn, but thanks. I wonder what % of moms sit in the car on their gadgets during baby naps? Who got you the jelly beans?! And any news from the letter you dropped in? Yeah for shopping! Treat yourself you hardworking mama!

Eh – nice job on running to your chores and back – now that’s a supermom! I need to do more of that rather than just selfishly running!

Ernie – well done with your stroller and well done with your max miles this month! Great job! I have only had 5 AFs since I was 19 years old who wtf basically.

Cx2 – hope lo was just dancing and all is okay. Hope she is ok without you. My DS can fall asleep without me but if I am there we always do it our way. I wonder what % of moms sit in the car on their gadgets during baby naps?

Arm – your running groove is there – you absolutely beasted your blues hm!! Just you wait for the next one! Oh and eating clean on holiday – I decide if I am going to or not. Then if not, I don’t beat myself up and just get back on it as soon as we get home. Or have 3 days of not and then back on. Depends. I just go in the rain with my weather shield as it gets me out of the house in the rain. I am going to do what you said and run the remaining miles after the race. I have missed one 8m tempo but have made the miles up (just not the tempo bit). I figured racing would be the speedwork. I go so freakin nervous. Any tips? This will be my 9th race of my life. Yeah, that’s how much I avoid racing.

Mrszm – enjoy your run today. Anything special for shopping in mind?

Jm – good for you for getting your annual – esp ahead of your race- you have a lot going on today mama! Enjoy the pedi and BEST OF LUCK for your race tomorrow!

Shelby – race is Sunday and the more you girls ask me about it the more stagefright/sick I feel and so nervous. YAY for your miles. I wanna be like you Shelby! Did you pump at school? Maybe to testing although I think I o’d on 16th. Who knows.

CA – I don’t think I am pg. I have no symptoms. But thanks for the wishes! Good job on lying with your LO. Very cute. It’s moments like that that she knows you are there for her forever, no matter what.

Spike – holy miles on a Friday lady! Whoo hoo! And super well done for getting your miles so consistent. You have been running like a beast! Great job lady. Yay on camera lens. I know the feeling of cutting back=want to shop. I am pretty self-disciplined esp as I will be packing up/ leaving in March.

Zorbs – Are PRs comparable if they are different marathons? Surely not?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- R likes to hug my back too. I was sitting on the couch the other day and he climbed up behind me and laid on my back Smile  Have fun with your mom, mine lives close by but I'm a jerk and I don't visit with her as much as I should.

zorbs- You must have a patient cat.

Jen- have a great snow day!

eh! mmm homemade pizza Smile

Bermy- if AF doesn't show by Sunday, I would retest. Ha I was like 5.5  weeks along and didn't figure out I was pregnant until I had implantation bleeding.

Ernie- not sure how old you are but I've heard that women tend to go through a hormonal change around age 30, and some people end up with weird acne they never had when they were younger.

cx2- glad your sister is getting better, maybe she'll feel extra skinny in her wedding dress lol

Mer- My dad set aside a package of lefse for me at Christmas and I forgot to take it home from me, so I only got to eat one piece, but it was directly off the griddle and was amazing.

armama- R has been playing with an ancient cabbage patch baby and has been giving it hugs and kisses lately.. then he drops it on its head LOL

mzm- I'm an adult and I like bounce houses Smile

jmmiller- have a good OB appt. THere is a retirement party next week for a lady in another branch in the next town that has worked for our company for like 25 years. The funny thing is they invited me and I have never met her because she wouldn't ever go to the regional meetings. I'm getting my hair cut instead of going to her party.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - if I had been eating/drinking while reading about R dropping Cabbage Patch on its head, I would have blown food out my nose.