Womens Running

Fantastic February Friday Supermoms (Read 32 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Dangit, Canada post! I want the lens before a workshop I'm doing with my photographer friend on Feb 11. The lens DH is negotiating is a better lens than the one I was looking at and I would save $20-30  even after the shipping.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

shelby- R likes to play with hats/headbands too. He's not very good at getting them on though, he has a giant noggin. I went to school online during my pregnancy through the time R was 6 mos old. I had a really hard time with my studies when R was a newborn and had a hard time staying awake to study, I feel your pain. I never get to read anymore because Reid wants me to play with him, and by the time I actually get to sit down and relax its at least 8 pm if not later.

CA- I'm really amazed at all these people with fast 5k times. My PR is 27:45 and I nearly blew chunks on the finish line.

Bermy- R isn't sleeping enough lately which is contributing to the attitude problem I'm sure.

zorbs- the doll thing is really endearing. He also likes to drag it by one arm across the floor. Note to self, maybe R needs more time before he gets a sibling....

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

CAR - I also ran my first sub-23 5k when I was 4 wks preggo! Must be a good time frame for racing. Lol, maybe I'll have to get knocked up again to run a sub-22. Your FR sounds really good.

Shelby - Way to go on your windy run, too! Maybe we can blame the wind blowing in our faces on our skin problems. Hope you have a good day with ds and can get some studying done. Studying at the end of a long day would be hard.

Jmmiller - I think someone suggested you do just an easy 3 today - I second that suggestion. Have fun at the party and good luck at your race!!

RG - I get S to bed around 9 during the week. She is a night owl by nature, just like my DH. If she had her way, she would stay up until 11 every night and sleep in until 10 am. But I can't stay awake until 11 during the week, so there's no way that's happening!

Spike - Ugh, what an awful tantrum. The hilariously cute cabbage patch playing makes up for it though. Hmm... interesting about the hormonal change thing. I normally break out just before AF but this is early in my cycle and weird. Yeah, I wouldn't count on getting your package by Feb 11 unless you want to pay a lot for express shipping.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

bermy - oohh, I need to try the pumpkin chili.  I love beans and am always looking for different ways to use them.  DH is going away for 10 days in Feb. and I think I'm going to eat vegetarian with the kids while he's away.  Isn't it fun checking out the paces?  Glad you know what you need to hit your goal.

ernie - I did 10k without a stroller, I can't imagine pushing a stroller into that wind.  There were times that I was running but felt like the wind was pushing me backwards.  Weird about your skin.  I just have acne in all the regular places.  I tried Arbonne face products and loved them but I had trouble justifying the cost - switched back to the cheap stuff 4-5months ago and my skin is still breaking out.  I'm in my 30s, shouldn't I have better skin by now??  (totally took over your post with my rant - sorry!)

cx2 - glad your speech is done!  do you mind speaking in public?   Hope your sister feels better soon, maybe it's just nerves?!?  We have two semis that we rent out.  I find it to be up and down, sometimes I enjoy it, most of the time I don't.  I wouldn't do it over again, but DH loves it still!  Hope your sale goes through!

mer - yay on new shoes!  so fun!  Nice on the package at work, what a lovely surprise!

arm - 8 with the stroller, you are one tough mama!!  way to go!  you will rock this marathon.  I know how you feel about burning out.  Definitely need some races to keep the motivation up and some down time to relax!  All the running is fun, but it's the schedule juggling that makes things tough..  I can't believe what time your kids get on the bus in the morning.  What time do they get up?  DD gets on at 730 and that is plenty early for us!

mzm - we have two rental units.  I think we will benefit monetarily in the long run, but I don't find it enjoyable.  DH on the otherhand loves it.  Have fun at the carnival!

jm - sounds like a busy day for you.  hope everything goes well.  Let us know what the OB says!  Hope you are feeling back to normal!

running eh

shelby - I am so not crafty, but I think a daily countdown would be great.  I think DS would look forward to it everyday!  I hope you don't burn out either, but there is a lot of motivation here in case you struggle!

CA - yay for RP, how is she doing?  I always think DD is sleeping and then I try to sneak away, but she always notices.  Does M have a toddler bed.  I remember lying in DD toddler bed when I was 9mos preg. with DS, it was almost impossible.

spike - I know nothing about ART or graston, but for the bruises it left behind, it better work!  That frittata sounds delish - what veggies did you put in it?  DD is into the terrible two too, mainly about food right now.

Zorbs - when I was showing the property (in my running clothes) the people asked if I was the real estate agent, umm, no!

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh!- DS doesn't want to eat anything but fruit, dairy, and pretzels right now, drives me bonkers because he was such a happy little eater 6 mos ago.  I put in finely diced potatoes, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, broccoli, and cabbage, plus cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and parmesan. Had left overs for breakfast, yummy!

I need to brag on my DH a little bit. I'm so proud of him. He's the newest and youngest senior operator in the district as well as his plant, only having had started last spring. They did their annual evaluations and were rated in 6 different areas as either "needs improvement" "meeting expectations" or "exceeding expectations"- DH was the only operator at his plant to be rated as exceeding in any category, and he earned that rating in leadership. Smile

armmama

bermy - what do you get nervous about?  DH and I ran a 5K last summer and before the race I was saying I didn't think I could do it, and I knew I was going to have to walk at the end etc etc and he kind of yelled at me and told me I always get so down on myself and just to run what I've trained for and I'll be fine.  So I did and he was right and I finished strong!  Now for races I just tell myself it's just another long run, or just speedwork.  I have a goal pace in mind and I try to hit it and hold it and if I can great, if I can't then live and learn and I'll do better next time.  I went back and counted and my upcoming half will be my 25th race, I should do something special!  Smile

BermyHorse

arm - I am not sure what it is. I don't like running here in front of people I know from my old job. It is a LOT better now I don't work with them but still. I loved running in Nashville cos no-one knew who I was and I could just mind my own business. I also have no idea what I am doing with racing. Give me a 20m run any day but race... I think it's the fact that racing means you have to commit yourself, or test yourself, that my progress is measured in a number and all my training is for that? When I race (and it is always slow) I think it's reductive and a race result doesn't show how many times I ran with the stroller and stopped to look at the rainbows or how proud I am when I finish my xcountry 1000m repeats etc. Maybe I will look back on this post and laugh in 100 races...

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

spike - yay for your DH! Totally cool. Awesome job. Tell him congrats from crazy runner internet lady bermy.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - I've been getting lots of unsolicited hugs lately, they're the best! Yay for your mom coming!! My mom drives me nuts but only if I let her and only after she's been here for 2 weeks, my MIL is like that, on the floor playing.

zorbs - ah pets take so much abuse from toddlers!

Jen - hm what kid doesn't have a short attention span. I'd probably get the same comment if someone shadowed me. Someone on fB posted a ecard thing about having ADHD while cleaning, and never getting anything done - that is totally me... always distracted by somethign else I should be doing. YAY for a snow day!! sounds like you needed the bonus day off.

r-eh - nice job fitting running and your rental errand together! Hope your busy day is a good one! RP is doing great, coming back nice and slow and smart. M is in a regular twin bed, i was still teatering on the edge though.

bermy - I've also sat in the car in the driveway during a nap... what did we do before smart phones and wifi? You'll do great on the 5k, I can't wait to hear!

ernie - I hate short naps that mess everything up!! I've been avoiding running with the girls in the stroller partly for that reason!

cx2 - glad your sister is feeling better! whenever you thinkn they don't like something they eat it infront of others just to make you look like a liar Smile

mer - I liked the mileage thread also... love how all over the spectrum we are, and how no one needs or wants to gloat or brag.

arm - 8 with a stroller is pretty damn good for when you weren't feeling it. Yeah I couldn't do a 100% clean diet either... I just do what I can and that's better than nothing.

mzm - I'm sure the kids will love the carnival!!

jm - I'm sure the easy miles won't hurt, they probably just worked any kinks out. Eeek on the toddler locking herself in! I'm super paranoid about having keys in my hands when my kids are in the car - I was with zorbs when she locked B in the car, and it's totally a fear of mine!

shel - yay for 1 month down, and feb is a short month!! Your miles are great! I'm sure you'll rock that marathon.

spike - bummer on RP being sick. grr on the screamy kid. I hope he's better tonight. I was always a 25 min ish 5k er and then suddenly I was fast and on fire... I have no idea if it'll ever happen again, I'm back to running them in 30 mins and probably couldn't break 27 mins right now. Congrats to DH!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/