Womens Running

Feline Good Friday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

Think "James Brown" and a well behaved kitty.

Damaris-took me a double take to realize you were talking to me.  No, she has friends down there so has gone a number of times over the fall/winter.  She met him through them.  I started to question all of the Miami trips (mom senses) before they were even dating. I mean, I know this was a horrible weather but always Miami? He came to visit her in February (and almost died when he felt the cold, saw our snow, and felt the potholes). I even was able to meet him unexpectedly due to flight time crossovers. Seems like a nice guy.  Thanks for the warning. I mean, he could be an axe murderer!  Seriously though, thanks.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday started with 35 minutes running at a faster pace, then trotting another half hour while with coach and a friend. I was somewhat stiff at home after that so I did a kindler, gentler XT DVD for 35 minutes. That stopped the stiffness. Funny how that helps. Weird.

Today will either be groceries after a track run or something. I need some yoga.

The new shoes are wonderful! I got 2 pairs so I could rotate. I LOVE them!

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good morning!  Off to work, but came online for a sec... its been a long semester... (and it isn't over yet)

Have an awesome day!

Anonymous Guest

It's Friday!!!!! And I am tired and ready for the weekend. Today will be mostly consumed with packing things up for the Spring Meeting, as the shipping company comes Monday morning. And a meeting with my boss and all those items on my to-do list that haven't gotten done. Did I mention I'm tired already? I'm kind of looking forward to those 2 months between Boston and starting training for my fall marathon when I can take it easy.

Left work yesterday exhausted. The whole way home and the first 3 miles of my run I was planning on cutting it short, but between the nice weather and feeling better each mile, I did the entire 11 and would have gone more. Tonight, probably around 8, then an easy 4 Saturday and 5K on Sunday. Plan calls for race Saturday and long run Sunday, but I want to do well in the race so I don't want to just switch the days. I'll probably double on Sunday - warm up and race should get me 7-8, then do another 7-8 that afternoon after I get back home.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

It's snowing!  I have nothing to say.....................

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Think "James Brown" and a well behaved kitty.

Damaris-took me a double take to realize you were talking to me.  No, she has friends down there so has gone a number of times over the fall/winter.  She met him through them.  I started to question all of the Miami trips (mom senses) before they were even dating. I mean, I know this was a horrible weather but always Miami? He came to visit her in February (and almost died when he felt the cold, saw our snow, and felt the potholes). I even was able to meet him unexpectedly due to flight time crossovers. Seems like a nice guy.  Thanks for the warning. I mean, he could be an axe murderer!  Seriously though, thanks.

Oops, did I call you the wrong name?  I am not that antisocial!  Ha.  Good about your daughter.  Sounds like she will have a blast and hearing a bit about the guy, it sounds like he exists.  LOL at the poor guy with all the cold!  He must be Cuban.

Morning!  Did 3 miles this morning, still with allergies/asthma so they were not fast and I feel achy and semi sick.  It will pass.  We fly tonight and on Sunday, I am pacing hubby at the Puerto Rico Half Marathon.

Judy, yay for new shoes.  Glad you liked them.

runnersmom, glad you had a chance to visit.  I see you more in FB.  Boo.  Come back soon!

Karen, sorry about the exhaustion but it sounds like the run went well.

Ginny, STILL?  Hope you get a reprieve!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, yes, Santa Cruz and San Francisco are both several hundred miles from me. Pity. Are you on business or doing races?

Lisa, April 22-25? Would you be interested in a trail 50K on April 26? http://leonadivide5050.com/ It's about an hour from my house. It so happens that I am meeting a runango forumite at LAX at about noon on April 25 to have lunch during her 4 hour layover, so if you want to hop a plane from SD to LA after the conference I am right there anyway. Come stay with us April 25 & 26 and we can have you on a plane Sunday or Monday back to Detroit. You can have the master bedroom this time!

And do find out where the May trip is...and yes we can show your friend a spontaneous excursionary good time!

Young man in Miami? Please tell DD to meet him in a public place and all that good stuff. You know it.

Susan(crazysue), I would definitely get there as if the race is at 7:30. Far better to be half an hour early than half an hour late. Chip timing has its limits.

Susan(runnersmom), agree, crazy semester. And crazy spring. It will end eventually.

Karen, you would be welcome here for a race. Or any time. I do regret missing the Hoover Dam race, but that couldn't be helped.

Ginny, it's spring! It's not supposed to snow. Sorry.

Judy, did you buy the shoes in different colours to make rotating easier?

No run this morning, I was too tired after choir rehearsal last night. I intend to go to the gym at lunch.

Decisions...should I go to the Sound of Music singalong screening at church tonight, or do more garage cleanout and catch up on some reading and maybe do an evening run?

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I know I haven't been around in a while, but I wanted to let Tessa know that I have been thinking of her. I am pleased to have been a part of the gift you received. I love the tradition of providing a meal to a family in mourning, and we were just able to do it many times over. There is power in numbers. Especially numbers of women.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Deleting emails today. I've deleted about 4000 so far.

We found an octopus for Hammy. It isn't the same as the one at the pool but he is enjoying it. We have asked one if the girls at the pool to make him one. She is making some that will be very similar to what they have at the pool. He will be thrilled. In the mean time he will enjoy his mini one we found for him

Tessa go to the singing!  You need time away

oh a Ginny that sucks.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run today; it is an SDO. I went to Bodyflow this morning. I've decided to try to make it weekly again; I think I need the stretching more than I need another day of cardio. 10 on tap for tomorrow morning.

So I have to tell a story on DS1. We've been leaving him at home alone some, but the rule is no computer/ipod use when we're not here. So today, I left him here to take the other 2 boys to a community football game. I was supposed to be gone for a while but came back home to get a chair. I pulled into the driveway where I could see into the house where his computer is but his back was to me.....and sure enough, there he was, playing on his computer. I sat there watching him for a couple of minutes so that he couldn't use the "I was just checking something" excuse. Guess who has lost the privilege of staying home by himself for the foreseeable future?

Lisa - sounds like you have a busy weekend.

Judy - are your new shoes Adrenalines?

Karen - I'm glad the run improved as you went. I ran in 53 degrees and sunshine yesterday, and it was wonderful.

Ginny - oh yuck. It's supposed to snow/sleet here again next week, and even my kids are saying they're tired of this weather.

Damaris - enjoy the trip, and good luck to your DH!

Tessa - definitely the singalong!

Amy - good to hear from you! Stop by more often.

Susan - same to you.

Marjorie - nice that you found a favorite toy for Hammy.

Off to throw some dinner together. Have a great weekend-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Damaris-no, you didn't call me the wrong name just didn't click that you thought she was meeting him for the first time.  She has been down there a few times since they started dating and he has come here one time.  Family from the Dominican Republic actually but along the same line where he wondered how people could live like this but was too polite to say so. I have met him, at 25 going on 26, I have little influence on her love life even if I was prone to give it.. which of course I am. He is gainfully employed; I had him talk about his work history. He may never come back. LOL

Susan-nice to see you!

Tessa-won't work. already have travel booked for the Friday. Will be in Dana Point so not too close to you.  Will be weird to be in the same general area though that close together since it's not all that far from San Diego again. Excursions will involve whale watching and cavern hiking I have heard so far. Will be nice!  On dd meeting young man in public... I think they are likely to be way past that stage. But I could fool myself into thinking otherwise.

Cindy-busted!

Did my lower body weights then 30 minutes on the arc rider which is close to a stair climber.

Lisa