Womens Running

First in Friday (dailies) (Read 17 times)

We joked about being so in last place on the first loop that it was as if we were first! LOL

Heading to A's tonight but he is heading out on a motorcycle trip with a buddy in the morning. Taking the back roads down to Birmingham, Alabama with the "destination" being a motorcycle museum down there. Will go through Louiseville on way down and through Mohican (Ohio) on way back. He'll be gone for a week. Fun for him so that's good. I'll see if any trail sisters turn out for our Saturday run.. so hard to coordinate schedules! Saturday night joining some Dirtbag runners for a night run 9pm start. Because, you know, I don't have enough night running under my belt lately. LOL

Sunday is wide open. Need to make more plans for when Elina is here... and coincidentally, I discovered that I have 5 more PTO days this year than I thought I had!  Silly me.. I thought I went to the 25 day level on Jan 1 2020, not Jan 1 2019. I can roll over a few days if I don't use them but woohoo! THAT was a nice thing to discover!!

What's up for you this weekend?

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

13.1 for me!

Was planning for 10. Opps Wink The dewpoint was dropping as the morning went on so I went a little longer than planned Smile Good run! It was about 74 degrees out there so that is still too warm. I was daydreaming about Fall..sigh. Planning a speed work run tomorrow and next week will "peak" and then take it easy before my training plan starts mid- July. I would like a good 2 weeks of "lower" mileage before heading into training. That is the plan anyway Wink

This weekend...well, the weather is going to be gorgeous beginning this afternoon until Sunday. Lower than average dewpoints! Was thinking of going out to lunch with HCF and then taking Ruger downtown for a nice walk around where we had our engagement pictures done. We don't have any official plans. WHICH IS AWESOME!!! Smile Smile Nice low key weekend!

Lisa – You and Kat did such a phenomenal job at Mohican. I would never, ever scoff at your time – and whoever does, PSH. F them 😉. The people that do that are the people that are sleeping at 7:30am on Saturday instead of out there running miles. You and Kat are so inspiring! Congrats!! Yes that is one thing that sucks about the venue we chose, everything is a la carte except for tables. Have a great time at A’s tonight! His trip sounds fun.

I am already thinking of dinner...I am thinking french toast Wink

Happy FRIDAY!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

A 3 mile run to work for me.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  It's my off Friday so I just woke up.  Pilates and 8 for me today.

Lisa, you could tell how much he loves his bikes and his trips when I met him.  Have fun this weekend.

Liz, sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.

Lori, nice run to work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ugh, don't want to have to go into work.  Not ready.  Woke up early, but laid in bed until late.

Lisa, give him my best for a fun and safe trip!!  Enjoy your runs with the ladies.  Whadda mean you don't have enough night running in???  HEHE.  You got a bonus, not only night, but in a torrential downpour.

Lizzie, sounds like a nice weekend.  Take advantage of the awesome weather.  Nice miles this morning!!

Lori, I am impressed you run to work!

Damaris, enjoy your Friday off.

No plans this weekend.  Well, on Saturday.  Sun is work of course.  Maybe get a walk in, not sure the blisters are ready for a run.  My dog was kind enough to step on my toe multiple times and rip the skin off of one blister.

OK, off to shower and Starbucks for breakfast.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Bikerchick1

Lisa -  sounds like a nice weekend for you...no plans for Sunday, tho...what????  So unlike you...enjoy!  From yesterday - You and Kat did amazing...not sure who would ever think going slower is easier...and Hoping no one dared say anything, except...Great job, congratulations, awesome way to persevere!

Liz - Sounds like one of those awesome runs today, yay!!!!  Sounds like you are getting all the details done for your wedding!  Enjoy your non-scheduled weekend.  Am so happy you are loving your new job.

Lori - Nice run to work.

Damarias - so exciting on Indy!  I can only imagine how long it may take to get them all the government “stuff”.  Will your husband try to join a practice there?

Sandy - Awww, that nice of you to get the tracker ready...that will hopefully keep my bootie moving forward!  If you see me slacking send me out a kick in the pants!  The weather is looking good!  The lighthouse was in Manistique, Michigan.   Have you decided on your fall full yet?

going to the expo this morning.  I have a friend that is here with her group of “Boston” peeps......she messaged me and said it was “lame”.  I was waiting for her to say, “in Boston it is ...blah, blah, blah”.  The clerks at the hotel have Grandma’s marathon shirts on, they even are having the breakfast open by 5.

Carol

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!  My calendar says that it's "Take Your Dog to Work Day".  Is anyone doing that?    Rest day for me, lower body strength later.  Of course it was sunny this morning.  Weather forecast is for rain tomorrow morning when I run.  Figures.  I'm going to dinner and to see the movie Aladdin tonight with a friend.    Tomorrow we go to see my parents for dim sum.  So enough plans for the weekend, but not too much.  

Lisa, that is a late start for a run!  Sounds like a fun trip for A.  Yay for more PTO days that you thought.     Haha, I would never ever say that going slower is easier.    But then I have ultimate respect for anyone pushing their limits, whether it be 5K or 50 miles.  You and Kat are definitely inspiring.

Liz, nice half marathon!  40's here this morning.    I like your weekend plans!  Or lack thereof.     Kaitlyn and I went to get chocolate milkshakes yesterday.    I have my first goal pace run on Sunday.  It's a little scary.  Not too long ago that was my half marathon pace!   I am running at a pretty low heart rate now.  So I guess the plan is doing something.    Yes, this boy is moving fast.  Which makes me distrust him.    It sounds like he was also home schooled, so DD may be the first girl that actually talked to him!  We haven't turned on the AC yet.  The other morning the heat kicked in!  I turned it off.  

Damaris, enjoy the day off and your workouts!

Lori, I am pretty sick of rain.  At least it clears up a little during the day so we get some sunshine.  Otherwise it would be utterly depressing.

Kat, your poor feet!

Sandy, you have been busy at work lately!  The lunch with DD and her new friend went OK.  Though it sounds like they asked people to sit in certain places so they wouldn't get "distracted"?  So she had to sit across from him.  Weird.    He sent an email to DD last night with his mom's phone number, said I should call his mom!  He really wants to get together with DD.  Some people here have run their AC already also, due to humidity.  It gets pretty warm in the house sometimes but opening the windows generally cools things down since we still go down to 50 at night!  Have a great weekend!

Carol, have fun today and have a great race!

Cathy

Bikerchick1

Laura - oh my gosh, we listened to some podcast murder mystery things on our drive.  Thanks for the info on that!  Makes those drives to WB and Mio much shorter too!!!

USDO for me.  DH arrived late last night so we slept in. Smile

Trying to WFH but it is hard today. The dining table and chairs we ordered arrived this morning, so we have been moving furniture around instead of working.

Maybe ride tomorrow, then the family is coming over to hang out at the pool and have dinner.  My sister and her family are arriving Sunday evening.

Carol--have fun at the race!

Guess I should be working....

Good morning!  Quick fly by.  Off work today.  I’m hitting the road soon to drive up to Shasta, about 5 hours away. Meant to leave an hour ago but slept in a bit, and decided I want to do a shake out run first, and chatted with the neighbor outside, and now it’s after 8 am. Oops.  No biggie, just want to be ahead of Friday traffic.

Carol, have a great race this weekend!

Will check in again later. TGIF!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Got my offer letter. Just in time, I say:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sigh. Within 30 minutes of me accepting, Houston was told.  Apparently, the higher office told them.  And now I have a voicemail from Houston to call them because they want to bypass all the candidates and offer it to me.  I really hope Indy is not told to piss them off.  I really want Indy.

This is just too much stress... lol.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Lori – Nice job on the run to work! I would smell. Well, not now that I work from home.

Docket – OMG!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE OFFER, DAMARIS! That is so excittttttinnnngggg!!! OMG OMG OMG! I am doing my happy dance for you!! WOW. Everyone wants you 😊 Just say NO to Houston. NO. Haha. Well, do what you want, but if you really want Indy..GO!

Kathryn – Hope your blisters aren’t to bad and you can run! 😊

Carol – GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!! You are going to do GREAT!!

Cathy – I didn’t even take my dog to work today – and I work from home! 😊 Ruger had daycare today. Enjoy your rest day. Your weekend sounds like a good balance between plans and “you” time. Rainy runs are fun! 😊 What is the new MP pace? You will do great! This is such an intriguing plan you are doing 😊 You are going to try for a sub 4, right? You should anyway 😊 I was going to try for a lower half marathon pace in August if the weather is right. HEAT?! UGGGHHHH. This boy is SUPER eager!!! LOL

Susan – You have a great weekend planned! Have fun!

Margaret – Good luck and have a great time this weekend!!! You badass, you!

Today has been NON-STOP! My mind is going 105 miles a minute with 50 different tabs open! LOL. Not only was I super busy, but one of my best friends called me to accompany her to the hospital to see her BF. He has stage 4 liver cancer...its bad. I worked with him for a little while at my past job. He looks so sick its really sad. He has been separated from his wife for a while and started dating my friend, but with all of this news - she is sort of back in the picture. Thats why I went with her today. The situation is just tough any way you look at it. Sad

I really want to go out to eat and have some wine. HCF was talking about going to a meeting. WTH, what kinda fiancee am I?! LOL. I really need some wine, though. Rough week.

Okay. Have a good evening everyone! Tough day but still smiling for Damaris!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Lisa... enjoy your free weekend. They're necessary.

Damaris,  awesome news on the job offers. Accept Indy since you seem to be leaning that way. Plus it's closer to me. Bonus points.

Carol.... GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND! So exciting. I hear that marathon is awesome.

Cathy... enjoy the movie. Let us know if it's good because I wouldn't mind seeing that one.

Crazysue... sleeping in is a nice treat.

Lizzie and Kat... trust me... I'm sure that I DO smell after running but I work in a stinky factory doing manual labour so I don't  care. Plus I don't particularly like my coworkers so too bad for them. Bahaha. I'm attempting a new streak so I'm hoping this helps.

Margaret.... I'm out of the loop.  You're racing? Good luck.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got off work early, I think in the summer when there are like 10 people around, the higher ups must feel sorry for those of us who came in. Took advantage of that and went to Holabird Sports to get a new pair of shoes, Brooks Ghosts. I've worn them before and since Mizuno changed my favorites, figured I'd give them another try. The one guy there was surprised with my purchase since it has always been Wave Riders for about the last 5 years--he said he's tell the rep I said I hated the current version. Ran 7 sluggish miles last night and 6.8 today with intervals.

MyMomRuns, nice discovery on the extra week of vacation time! Did you and Kat have any visibility at night in the rain?

Lizzie, we have the same weather here. Enjoy!

BerthaSlayer, I'm jealous that you can run to work. My commute gets awful about 3 miles from my office.

Docket, I can see why you want to get away from that.

KatS, the dog stepping on the blisters sounds super painful. I hate running with open blisters, it seems like they wind up taking forever to heal.

Bikerchick, good luck!

Turtles, no dog to take to work. Plus, even though I work for school programs, it's part of a hospital. They frown on bringing non-therapy animals in the building. That's not to say there have not been dogs snuck in the side door....I wonder if the boy was told by his mom it has to be ok with you for them to go out?

CrazySue, sounds like a busy morning with both work-work and the house work.

GatsbyBird, 5 hour drive? Ouch.