Womens Running

Friday Has Arrived (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ahhh. Perhaps we can enjoy it as if it were the weekend already.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MarjorieAnn3137, how cute the desserts are!

Bikerchick 1, my posts have gone *poof!* quite a few times. I start them in Word so they are at least recoverable.

Thursday I ran a good 50 minutes on the TM, then did 10 minutes of cardio after that. The run really felt great!

Today I hope to do a TM run again since the foot is doing pretty well..

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 and some light cardio tonight.

Judy, I cannot wait to leave work tonight, I tell you.  Enjoy the TM run.

Sorry I have been MIA, I have had court all day this week (including today).  Hope things get back to normal soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Cold snap #1 is here. 12 degrees with 15-20 mph winds for the walk to the office. Cold snap #2 is supposed to hit Saturday night/Sunday morning and make this one look downright tropical. Highs around 15, winds gusting up to 60 mph. So they canceled the race on Sunday. I'm glad - the thought of waiting around at the relay exchange did not sound too fun. They are trying to reschedule for the following weekend, but if it's the next Sunday, none of my team can make it. And if it's Saturday, I will hopefully be able to reschedule Pilates and run it.

One month from today will be my last day in the DC office!

Planning on 5 easy on the TM tonight. Tomorrow it's supposed to be warmer and less windy, so I am going to try to get my long run in then, then take a rest day (or bike in the basement) on Sunday.

I am so stressed out between this move and this job - thank goodness we get Monday off and I have a three-day weekend coming up? Anyone else get President's Day off?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen....I get President's Day off....library closed and I took Tuesday also!  We are getting the bitter cold also, probably worse than you.

Judy....nice runs.

I did pack my exercise gear, so may visit a Planet Fitness when I am down in Columbus visiting.  I also might not, LOL!  Leaving work at 3 today.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

TGIF!!!

Yes, I get President's Day off also.  Love those federal holidays.  Tempted to take Fat Tuesday off too.  Schools are closed M-W for Mardi Gras.  When I first moved here I thought they were crazy when they told me that.  Really tempted to leave at lunch today also....

Long swim this morning--3000 yards.  Shoulder didn't bother me, so I was happy about that. BF had coffee and hot breakfast ready for me when I got home.  Wink

Marjorie--love the Valentine's Day treats.

BF and I are going out for our Valentine's Day date tonight.  Thought the restaurants would not be so crazy crowded.  Tomorrow night I'm fixing his fav dinner--German style pork chops and spaetzle.  He's making dessert.  I also saw a choc cheesecake recipe I wanted to try, but haven't decided yet.

Tomorrow have a 3 hour bike ride with my running buddy and another guy.  Supposed to be in the low 30s -- sounds miserable.

Have a great weekend and y'all stay warm up north!

Docket_Rocket

Marjorie, love the cheesecake treats!

Karen, pretty soon the stress will be gone.  So close!  I am off on Monday.

Ginny, good luck with whatever you decide.

Sue, enjoy your Valentine's dinner!  We went last night.  Much quieter.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

3 on the TM for me this morning.  I'm supposed to go snowshoeing with a friend this afternoon though it's frigid out so I'm not sure if we'll go (we're just meeting at the local golf course).  I would really like to get outside if even for a half an hour.

Judy - I am lucky, I'm enjoying a 4 day weekend.  I took Thursday off as my younger kids only had a half day of school.  Bummer is my older two have school so we couldn't really plan anything out of town.

Damaris - enjoy the 5!

Karen - glad they cancelled the race.  Warmer temps really need to get here soon.   Enjoy the 3 day weekend, we don't have Monday off - bummer!

Ginny - enjoy Columbus and long weekend!

Crazysue - have fun with the BF, sounds like a really nice evening you have planned!

Marjorie - wow, those cheesecakes looked delish!

Hi Tessa, Carol, Camille, Lisa...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I bagged my run. My legs do not feel tired now which was good but i felt ever so slight in the hamstring--minor soreness. Most wouldn't notice it. But another day won't hurt. If I stretch it I don't feel anything so that is good. Legs don't feel trashed so that is good too. I'd have walked but it is freakin' cold so I came back in after less than a tenth testing it out.

DH took the cheesecakes to work.  They WERE GONE BY 9 am !!!!!  18 cheesecakes and 6 people.  My oh my. Mini but still I thought they'd last longer than that.

Quincy was limping this am. I think a minor stinger injury probably from jumping.  He let me rub it and looked all pitiful.  I gave him a buffered baby aspirin and he is cautious but not limping now.

I've picked out a few things to make for DH to take to work on Tuesday fro Mardi Gras.  They seem to love me making them all this stuff. I just need a few things for the one thing. I'm making a King Cake like thing. They are King Cake Pops and no babies included.  I'd do the real King Cake and I have the little babies for it but I don't want someone that doesn't know what a King Cake really is and get the baby and maybe choke on it if DH didn't get to explain it to them first or wonder why there is a mini plastic baby in their food.....

Karen cold here too but not 12.  We are in the 30's.

Ginny/Karen  DH gets Presidents day off too.  Weird for him but he isn't arguing.  The city is using it as a holiday for City Hall workers so since DH works at City Hall he is off.

Laura they said the cheese cake was really tasty. I used Tyler Florence's recipe.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, which king cake recipe do you use? I would like to make one for church Sunday.

I get Monday off, am working from home today since we had a leaky water heater that needed fixing. Turned out it needed replacing. So did the valve in one of the toilets and the regulator that controls pressure to the house. Hello tax refund, goodbye tax refund.

Karen, glad they cancelled the race. That was the sensible decision. Wow, that's cold for your soon-to-be-former area, isn't it?

Ginny, have fun visiting Columbus.

Damaris, I hope court is closed on Monday since it is a federal holiday.

Susan, nice when President's Day coincides with Mardi Gras! Enjoy the dinner out.

Laura, I hope you do manage to get out.

I will not brag on our weather. You can look up zip code 91387 for yourselves if you want...

5.8 this morning. I have a dentist appointment this afternoon, may run to/from it since it is only 2 miles away.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa mine comes from when I was in New Orleans in the 80s'  I'll have to pull it out and I'll post it.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got it out.  Was where I thought is was so wasn't too hard to find it.

King Cake:

375 degree oven 20-25 min

Cake:

1/4 cup butter or margarine softened

1 tea Salt

1/4 Cup sugar

1 Cup milk scalded and cooled to lukewarm

1 pack yeast

1/4 Cup warm water

1 egg slightly beaten

about 41/2 cups all purpose flour

a little melted butter to brush top of rising cake

Glaze:

1 Cup confectionary sugar

1-2 tea Milk

1 tea lemon juice

Purple/Green and Yellow sugars

And the plastic baby

Place butter salt and sugar in bowl and add the lukewarm milk stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt and melt the butter.  Soften yeast in water and add along with the beaten egg to the milk mixture.  Stir in 3 1/2 cups of the flour 1 cup at a time.  Turn onto floured board and knead lightly with remaining flour for 2 minutes.  Place in bowl and brush with melted butter.  Let rise in warm place for 2 hours.  Punch down and roll into a cylinder about 18 inches long.  Bring ends together and seal making a round circle to resemble a crown.  Place on a greased baking pan or cookie sheet.  Brush with melted butter and let rise for 45 min.  Bake 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until brown.  Cool and glaze with mixture of the confectionary sugar, milk and lemon juice.  Sprinkle the green sugar on 1/3 of the cake, the purple on a third and the yellow on the remaining 3rd.  Let glaze dry.  Press the baby into the underside of the cake and serve.

Marjorie

Late TGIF!  Did a half day at work and got in a long run this afternoon. Off on Monday, hooray. We are having another warm spell this weekend (70s) which is not good news but I'm sure those of you preparing for blizzards are not sympathetic.  

Be back this weekend to chat.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Thanks Marjorie! If I have time I'll make that tomorrow. If not the basic yellow cake I made today is going to get gussied up with yellow, green, and purple sprinkles and called good.

Hi Gatsby! You have the heat too?

Survived the dentist's visit, I ran to/from the office. I really do not like having my mouth numbed, though I''m not about to turn down the local anesthetic.

Will be getting up early for a long run. And may I say that the NYTimes recipe for cauliflower parmesan is very good indeed. DS is chowing down on it too.