Womens Running

Time off Thursday - Supermoms (Read 12 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - KB, pushups, TRX rows
    RR - got my next pacing gig - 2:15 run/walk at the Niagara Falls Women's HM on June 1. Amy will be pacing 2:10 and Nicole is doing 2:05.
    KR - daycare lady's DH is in the hospital, so I had to scramble to get him into school this morning.  but that means I have time to myself this morning!
    FR - crockpot pulled pork, slaw

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!
      RR - 5-7 mile tempo, I'll probably err on the 5 mile side. Running it at lunch. It's supposed to be super nice here today Smile

KR - bribed her with the playground to run in the stroller with me.

TR - I think my favorite part of the day is picking her up from the dayhome. She's so excited to see me, and just says mom, mom, mom, and then bye, bye, bye to everyone. She runs to her cubby and grabs her coat, socks, shoes, etc to bring them to me.

FR - slow cooker beef stroganoff.

NRR - have to get to the store tonight to buy snacks and stuff for a trip away for the night tomorrow.

zorbs - chowder recipe turned out really good -

2 1/2 cups milk

1 can cream corn

1 can mushroom soup

1 3/4 cups frozen corn

1 cup shredded hashbrowns (we used chopped potatoes)

1 cup cooked ham

1 onion chopped

2 tsp dried parsley

2 tbsp. butter

salt and pepper

Everything in the slow cooker, cook for 6 hrs on low (mine cooked more like 12 hrs).

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Was going to walk after school, but am now going to a meeting, so I guess it is a RD.  Will walk tomorrow after school.  Called my Ortho and they can't get me in until the 27th.  Um, thats 3 weeks after my injury and half way through the normal recovery time.  At this point, I want to find out why I keep getting them.  I may call and ask for him to call me back.

BR:  Its funny after reading my BabyCenter update yesterday, I realize things that he is now doing...like passing a toy from one hand to the other.

TR:  He is so much fun to talk to on the phone.

NRR:  I finished my artifacts yesterday!  Now I need to work on a project that my kids did.  We video taped around the school and are putting that to Happy by Pharrell Williams.  I knew it would end up being my job to edit!

FR:  Pasta salad for dinner tonight.

zorbs - Do you have to work this morning that you sent B to school?  Your pacing gig sounds like a blast!

CAR - Enjoy your run.  Funny, I dread picking up J because I know he will be a little brat and won't want to leave grandmas.  H on the other hand has a huge smile and comes right to me.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - is it your pelvis?  is it still sore?  I'd get a full blood panel done, get your hormone levels checked, and vit D.  BTW, it would probably take 6 months-1 year to get into an ortho in Canada - my MIL is waiting to get into one for her knee. M is much more of a pain, yesterday on the way home (a 5 minute drive) she cried and cried because she was hungry and didn't want to wait until we got home to eat.

runninmer

CAR - It is my pelvis.  I have fractured each side in the past.  I really respect this guy, he is a runner himself, and I know a TON of people who see him (which is a big part of the problem -- everyone wants to see him.)  That does put things into perspective with the timeline though. I have had bone density tests done in the past, so I am not sure what he will do now.  I take Vitamin D every day, drink high calcium orange juice, eat yogurt and dairy products.  So, I try to take in the good stuff.  I am also at my highest weight non preggo that I have ever been.

Upcoming Races: 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - huh, well that just plain ol sucks!  Sounds like you're doing everything right.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Got off work late and realized I was pushing my luck to think R would cooperate in doing a stroller run and then watching my run at the track two days in a row, so we went for a hike instead. Ran into my old neighbor and she said she saw a couple of rattlesnakes on Friday and to be careful, so after briefing R on the dangers of snakes, he was kind of scared of hiking.

TR: He's been pretty good the last couple days, I think he's just testing boundaries. I asked him what kind of birthday he wanted and he replied "Car dinosaur" and then sang happy birthday all the way down the hill back to the car. I asked him what we should get daddy for his birthday, and he said daddy wants a purple dinosaur.

FR: Chicken curry, yum. DH saw the leftovers and said "mmm this looks good" and I said "you won't like it, its curry" so he hastily shoved it back in the fridge like it was radioactive waste.

NRR: Chiro appt again today. Haven't been too keen to exercise until I get my SI resolved.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs- You are the pacing queen! Yay for Me time

CA- R has not been excited to go home lately- I think he's napping late and hasn't had much time to play outside again by the time I pick him up.

Mer- do you do any strength training, I think that's supposed to help bone density? I take prenatals (even though I'm not trying, I like to keep my folate high just in case of accidents), Vit D and a calcium supplement regularly. I liked those milestone updates, until it started saying my baby should be crawling or walking, which R was really late on doing!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - last week I picked B up from preschool for the first time, and I thought it was hilarious when all the kids would see their parents walking in at various times, so that pick up time there's a constant stream of "MOMMY!" from different kids.

mer - I don't have a morning job anymore.

spike - so how did you do the chicken curry without coconut?  The only time G rejects food that looks good to him is when there's seafood in it.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- sauteed onions, added red curry spice mix, added diced chicken seasoned with a buttload of spices, sauteed a bit, added carrot and sweet potato, sauteed a bit more, then added some chicken stock. Turned off the pot at the end and added a dollop of greek yogurt. More of an indian style curry. Served over rice cooked with turmeric and saffron.

runninmer

spike -  I do  not ST, which I know is something I really should be doing.  Back when I would run at the gym a lot, I would, but now that I am outside 90% of the time, I don't.  I need to get over my fear of being in a room with the men and just go do it.  I also need a concrete plan of when I will ST so that I can keep running 5 days a week.  Excuses, excuses...

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

RR: squeezed in 5.3 mile this morning between PT clients. It was perfect weather out, but I felt pretty tired today.

TR: had fun digging up worms in the garden yesterday afternoon. He was running circles around kids bigger than him at the park this morning. I'm always amazed at how strong he is for his age. And he's a fearless climber, going up and over every jungle gym around.

NRR: target trip this morning was uneventful. I need to do some laundry this afternoon as we are going away this weekend. We aren't leaving until Sat morning since DH will most likely be working until midnight tomorrow night. We are just spending the one night at his parent's house. I really just wish we could stay home this weekend. I'm tired and have a bunch of things to catch up on around the house. But we haven't seen his family since February, and it is mother's day...

PGR: OB apt went well yesterday- everything was low. My BP is normally low, and it drops even lower when pregnant. Baby must have been napping as her HB was in the 120's. I'm measuring about 2.5weeks behind, but my OB doesn't go by that too much, as it can vary so much from woman to woman. He said that I must have really good ab muscles. He also wasn't concerned that I lost weight from last apt to this one. I remember with R I gained/lost the same 2# my entire 3rd trimester.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- nice workout this morning! hooray for another pacing gig. Too bad it doesn't pay. You could make some serious money with your spot-on pacing. I hope your daycare lady's DH is ok!

CA- cute pic of the girls in the stroller last night! Hope the tempo goes well today. oooh, where are you going for your trip? have fun! aww, I love coming home from work in the morning and having R run up to me saying "Hi Mom!" with a huge smile on his face and big hug and kiss for me.

mer- I'd try to talk with your ortho, too. since he knows your injury history and has worked with you before, maybe he can fit you in sooner. are you in pain even when not running? I hope you can get some relief soon. I used to love getting the baby updates- it would remind me to record things in R's baby book.

spike- yay for a hike, but yikes on the rattlesnakes! snakes don't bother me, but I wouldn't want to run into a rattler. haha on R's car dinosaur. I asked R the other day what kind of bday cake he wanted, and his reply was "Cool Mater." from Cars. Ugh, sorry about the continuing SI pain- not fun. Hahaha, does your DH hate curry? Mine can't stand anything with cilantro- he acts like it's a poisoned meal.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- I've been STing pretty religiously 2x a week since Jan, but I'm finding it harder to fit in all the running I'm accustomed to doing, so I've only been logging 10-15 mpw. Some of it is lack of motivation. I could do 15-20 mpw + ST if I was less lazy and more organized. I just burnt myself out last summer doing so much stroller running, and my new neighborhood is less stroller friendly- R hates doing out and backs on cul-de-sacs. We live just off a busy road with a 60 mph speed limit and I don't really want to push the stroller in the shoulder on that road.

RG- DH hates curry, anything garlicky, seafood (except for crab/lobster), he is grumpy about baked or mashed potatoes- he prefers fried and doesn't like sweet potatoes. He's pretty picky, as a rule of thumb, if it goes well with ketchup, DH will enjoy eating it. :/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Back from my tempo, it went well, hit my paces Smile

spike - yum curry!  Hope the chiro can fix up your SI.  Mine has been awesome since I've been regularily ST'ing for over a year now.

RG - weekends away can be so much work!  My BP was always really low while pgr too, and O measured super small.  Glad your OB is good with rolling with things.  We're going to a farm a couple hours away to meet up w/ my dad's side of the family and celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday.  It should be fun, but also hectic and I have a feeling this place is not baby proofed at all.