Womens Running

Topical, Not Tropical, Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 24 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

yes, Ginny, that sounds a lot like reynaud's.

Sue -- congrats on your race! I saw your pic on FB.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I wanted to jump in for a quick hello even though I haven't had a chance to read everyone's posts. No run for me today, it's an SDO. I ran a chilly 6 miles yesterday morning and will get out for a frosty tempo run tomorrow - it's supposed to be 20 degrees, which is very cold for us! Work has been really busy the last few days, plus the boys have been out of school for end-of-quarter break.

I hope everyone is having a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, ouch at the numb finger!

Arimathea, I have 5 cats. Still showing up? Big grin

Hi, Cindy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dad is still in time out.  I may listen to his voice mails tonight.  Maybe not,  Haven't decided.  At least I can talk about it now and not cry.

Waves to Cindy.

Tessa hugs to you!  It is tough  I guess raising dh's is hard too!

Ginny doubt it is Reynauds if just one finger.  It could be but did it start white and go through all the changes?

Marjorie

camille2

Ginny, nerdy me had to look it up on pubmed.  Here's a study about a single bluish digit.  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2728302/

Tessa,   how scary for you and your son.Hugs.  How low was his BS?  I agree that it is really frustrating to tell people over and over what they need to do and then have to take care of a crisis when they don't.  My dad was a prime example when he was on O2 and wouldn't wear it all the time-really used up my patience.  Good luck to you and feel free to vent here!

Karen, I have Hanson's out and am  figuring out modifications for their beginner plan.  I'm 62 and still can't follow directions.  Smile   The  beginner is more challenging than my usu winging it or the easier Higdon plans.  I like a lot of the same things you do about it and understand the food/long run issues.  I think/hope I'll be able to handle higher milage the way they do it... spread out thru the wk.  I am concerned  about the huge difference in wk 5, which is a 24 mi with no speedwk or tempo and wk 6 at 39 m iwith speedwk AND tempo.  I'm ok with the tempo due to racing, but I haven't done any speedwk in ?.5 yrs?.  I'll prob modify wk 6 by reducing miles, trying  the speedwk and deleting a tempo, then repeat it the way they have it. Does that make sense?

Marjorie, good luck with the decision!

Demaris, I'll take the 30's over your 80 anyday!  : )

Hi Cindy, Laura, Judy and Amy.

I did 6-but 4 then 2.  Haven't found the smell, but got a fair amt done.  I may email the contractor to see if he has ideas.

camille2

Amy and Cindy, I don't hink you're planning on running it, but just in case...I jsut got an email that there are only 150 spots left in Tobacco rd.  I'm in for it and the 10 miler.

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, is it bad that I read "here's an article about a single bluish digit" and cracked up?

Not sure how low DH's blood sugar was, I don't test it for him, but I'm guessing in the low 30s. He functions in the 50s but is grumpy. 40s is marginal. When it goes below 40 is when he gets unresponsive.

Damaris, 5 cats? No problem. I have two but I'd be happy to have a few more. Love cats. It's when the numbers get to double digits that you may have a problem...

Hi Cindy!

Marjorie, hope your dad understands why you are doing this. Be strong.

6.52 on the TM at lunch.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well now I'm angry!  Grr.  I read his emails and listened to the voice mails.  No appology and an excuse.  No acknowledgment of what I'd said other than he knows it is a scam.  All the lies, not a word.  I want to scream.  Two of the emails were about his normal stuff like he felt sick and that maybe it was his blood sugar and another was the investment firm he has talked too.  He knows how to apologize but I think he really doesn't think he did anything wrong!  The only thing he said was he is sorry I'm so angry!  Really he does know how to apologize and he is not embarrased etc.  I'm floored as is dh that he cannot acknowledge what he has done.  He will remain in time out for a while longer.  I'm done talking about it now  I just cannot believe he refuses to see what he has done to me or my husband and even my twin.  Damn it!

Marjorie

Tessa-so sorry to hear that... and scary too!  I've been getting much better at not filling the obvious pauses in conversations with what I think should be done (you know so that then it was MY idea and not his).  Or disagreeing when a passive aggressive statement is made. but physical self abuse is difficult to watch.

Picture of 2 oldest dd's and me. DD1, the teacher in Texas, DD2, the marketer here in Detroit, Enzo, DD2's pit.  Pretty "Amazing" that the 3 of us ran together in January.  Posted this pic on the event FB page.

Lisa

http://sotx.convio.net/site/TR/PolarPlunge/PolarPlunge?sid=1180&type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=1440

DD1 is on the Polar Plunge in Houston too.  She emailed the link to me and her boyfriend with message not to post on FB yet (MOM - THIS IS DIRECTED TO YOU).  Really?  Me? LOL She didn't say not to share in the forum though.  She wants to register and then share it for marketing purposes.  I guess she has picked up on this stuff.

Ginny-my fingers just get white then red. We'd be patriotic if together.

Damaris-we have one huge cat that could probably count as 2. easily.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Haha, Lisa.  I saw a fat cat at the nearby Petco and she took half the kennel.  So sad!

I ended up just doing 10 instead of 13.  So not as bad ass tonight as I thought.

Night!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, you are right, that is one massive moggy. Does she still sleep in the front window and knock over everything that's there?

Marjorie, I'm sorry. Your dad...! Is he maybe embarrassed that you are right?