Womens Running

Wet Running Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Our plants needed some rain. It's a slow rain right now.

Post. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was a good chance to practice my breathing again for 35 minutes on the track. A friend came over to hang some pictures for me so supper was late. This sinus/tooth/which? thing has kept going. :meh: I'm hoping it will be gone with antihistimines and salt water. We shall see.

Track run today and out to eat supper I think. I’ve been organizing my women’s history books a great deal lately.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Not sure which one to reply to...

3 sticky miles this morning, but felt really good.

Morning Judy and Lisa.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

runlikeagirl18

Good morning-

I got out early for 6.1 miles this morning. It was a tough run - I was with 2 RBs, and none of us were feeling it. Not too hot, but pretty humid.

And in other news, I'm officially registered for my first marathon! The price for Richmond goes up on July 1, so I went ahead and registered on Monday. I'm a little nervous about handling the training, but I think some of the things I've been doing, including working with a resistance band and a balance board, are keeping me running pretty healthy. So fingers crossed.

Judy - we really need some rain here. The lawn is looking brown already, which usually doesn't happen for another month.

Ginny - sticky miles here too. Is your race this weekend?

Laura - I enjoyed reading your race report, and I echo what everyone here has already said - you're a good friend!

Off to take a shower. The boys are outside playing some sort of tennis baseball, and I can hear them yelling at each other about the rules, but I refuse to step in - I don't want to spend the summer as their referee! Have a good day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

Good morning all! I never did make it back for personals yesterday - was falling asleep on the couch as soon as I finished dinner. After only two days of marathon training, I'm exhausted. I hope I wasn't overly optimistic in my training plan, since I still have 11 and a half weeks to go. Rest day today - I think I will try the Pilates DVD that a couple running friends recommended. The place where I go for my private instruction just happens to have a mat class on Wednesday nights (my one day off from running on this plan), so I'll probably try that a few times at least in the next few weeks.

Tomorrow I'm off work to take DH to the hospital for surgery. He has a cyst on his butt (from cycling). After about 6 trips to various doctors at Kaiser, they decided to surgically remove it. It hasn't been bothering him, in fact he scheduled the surgery since his racing season is mostly April through June, and he will have to take a couple weeks off the bike. He and his cycling buddies gave it a name, "li'l Miguel", and it will take everything in my power not to check in from the hospital tomorrow on facebook that we're "saying goodbye to li'l Miguel". Or RIP li'l Miguel. Because there are too many people that don't know the story and might take it seriously. But it will be so so tempting.

Morning Lisa, Judy, Ginny and Cindy!

Cindy, congrats on signing up!! That is exciting. I've not run Richmond, but I know a few people that have and it's supposed to be a great race.

Judy, hope the antihistamines do the trick and you're feeling better.

Ginny, I was looking at the forecast for your race the other day. It looks like it's getting a little better. Less chance of rain, and temps not too bad that early in the morning. Still humid though.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Hi Cindy, yes the half is this Sunday, supposed to be hot and humid.  They have all the "athletes"  who have signed up online.....3 in my age group so far.  Prizes are given the first 3 in each AG, I hope it stays at 3 cause I am sure I will be third out of 3!  If there are 4 I am screwed, LOL!  Not being pessimistic, just practical in my thinking.

I forgot to mention this before....remember the mixup at that 5K I did a few weeks ago between 1st place and the lady not running the whole race?  I got some scuttlebutt that she did the same thing a couple of weeks later in a neighboring town, but they caught her.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Morning!  I'll post here since Ginny did.

Lisa, hi! I see you started first thread and hope you're having a great day.

Judy, I hope the antihistamines help.  That sinus stuff can be miserable.

Ginny, it's nice that you got in three.

Tessa, the running club changed the name to Big Wildlife Runs when they decided to grow the race 3-4 years ago. Humpy's, a bar of course,  was the original/long time sponsor. Now there are multiple races with different names and sponsors: Moose's Tooth  Marathon,  Bear Tooth (bar/restaurant) Marathon relay, Skinny Raven  (LRS) Half,  Snow City Café 5k and the new United Physical Therapy 49k ultra, etc.  See why I still say Humpy's?  It is a well organized race and the course is easy. Trivia for the day: a humpy is a pink salmon.

As far as bears, the chance of seeing a bear in either Anchorage race or at the Equinox is remote, but probably least likely of all at Big Wildlife. It uses the popular Coastal and Chester bike trails (ones I run on) and by August, humans have staked claims I guess. I've only heard of a bear on those trails once a couple years ago and it was early May. Moose are seen fairly often.  August in our rainiest month though.   Midnight Sun Marathon is  in June, a good  sightseeing month with variable temps. The Equinox in Fairbanks is your type of race, but while the weather is usu. great, it has snowed a couple times and tourist attractions are mostly closed by then.  There are a several other small marathons, but I don't know about their bears.  I have a spare room in Anchorage with a twin bed and an extra mattress for floor. Alaska would be a great place for the group to do a race. : )

I walked again last night, about 4.5, but  a leisurely pace with friends so I'll just do exercises or bike today.

Howdy!  Quick check in!

Friday was bridesmaids brunch for DD's BF.  It wore me out.  It was such a shindig that the 6 hosts each owe $251!!  Yikes!!  I bought the champagne, so I only owe $91.  sheesh!  Big wedding was Saturday night.  DD was maid of honor.  Lovely wedding, big fancy reception.

Sunday we went to a conference in New Orleans.  Only a two hour drive.  BF went too,  had a great time.  We had a wonderful meal at Arnaud's Monday night.  While I was at the meeting he was watching soccer or at the Confederate Museum.

Had a nice time, but walked into FOUR piles of new work on the office table.  Ugh.  Still digging through.

Had to got to the dentist this morning.  My crown came off Friday afternoon and they had already closed.  ;(

Had a great 30 mile ride + 2 mile run on Saturday, and 8 miler on Sunday.  Nice 6 miles this morning.  Good to be home!

Karen--hope Lil Miguel is gone for good!

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, $1500 for the bridesmaids' brunch? Wow. Must have been a heck of a good party!

Camille, thanks for the information on the Alaska fulls. I am not ready to plan an Alaska trip yet, however thanks for the invite! I will get there.

Cindy, yay you! Enjoy the training.

Karen, I've known several guys who have named a certain protuberance in the same general vicinity as you describe, and one woman who named her fibroids Felicity and Fiona, but your DH named a cyst on his behind? Please tell me lil'Miguel doesn't have his own Facebook page.

Ginny, hope they do only have 3 -- and that you are #1!

Judy, if the mouth keeps bothering you, get to the dentist. Or the doctor.

3 this morning, 7.09 at lunch. I need to take off 2 pounds in the next week and a half so I can weigh in comfortably.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone.  Sigh.  Just thought wouldn't be long day.  Got to hotel at 8:30 ish.  so another 13 hour day.

Karen hope his recovery is fast.  I'd agree to not post it or limit who it is posted for so that it isn't visible to everyone that wouldn't get it?

Hope tomorrow I can post more.  We shall see.

Marjorie

Judy- I hope you feel better soon.

Ginny-hmmm-sounds like we need her on our Dirty Running Scoundrels team at DWD in Hell. there at least you are somewhat allowed to cheat.

Cindy-exciting for your full!!

karen-I'd say "bummer" for Miguel but that wouldn't help anything. hope all ends well.

Sue-that was some party!!

tessa-nice runs.

Camille-good to see you walking. How are you feeling about that other race you were considering?

marjorie-sleep well!

did an hour on the arc rider thing. cross between stairclimber and elliptical.  Good for someone who will be climbing a lot of stairs and ski hills soon.

Lisa

Evening everyone!  Just popping in to say the "Li'l Miguel" nickname made me chuckle.  Will check in tomorrow.  Taking Thursday and Friday off work.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR