Womens Running

October Already MONDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

October is here!!! Really sppoooookkkkyyyy Smile I love Halloween! Well, I love everything about FALL!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, for October I always get all my spooky movie dvds out. Fall is my favorite time.

Friday I took history, yoga and meditation classes. Running was SDO

Saturday I ran 55 minutes down in the park and out the trail. There are now fox squirrels in the park proper. I’m glad to see them. DC and I did an hour’s hike out in my favorite park.

Sunday Buddy and I started out the trail in the dark and cool. We could hear critters in the woods starting to react to the tiny bit of light in the sky…rustling in the dried leaves, a bird chirp in the distance, the crows starting to fuss…. We did 60 minutes out the trail with intermittent showers. Finally it ended at stretch time. I'm finally feeling better from my last Thursday's flu shot.

Today I plan a run out the trail. I'd better get going.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.1 for me. I did 4x .50/.20 rest then 3x .20/.20 rest. Abs class after work.

Great run today! I am full of energy and was really soaking up the 60 degree temps. The mornings are staying nice and cool, but the afternoons  are still in the mid 80's which is higher than usual for us. Fall has not arrived yet...sigh. But, hey, ITS RACE WEEK!!!

Yesterday was fun! Always good to see family. We are trying to work out our honeymoon - not sure if I mentioned this, but HCF's parents have offered to take care of the honeymoon for us! WHAT! We are extremely grateful. They are giving us their Marriott points..which will pay for the 2 weeks we will spend in Hawaii. SWEET! Anyway, my mom is doing all the reservations because she is good at that (she knows how to work the Marriott - my family owns a lot of timeshare there). So, we are trying to book this week. We have to arrange a "conference call" with both moms and us. For some reason they are both freaking out over it. I dunno. 

Hopefully work flies by today! I have a dentist apt at 2 but have to come back afterwords. God forbid I leave for an hour and don't come back. Sigh.

Kathryn – Good luck today at the clinic. Hang in there! I am leaving VERY VERY early on Friday. My flight leaves Richmond at 6:15..ugh. But, the early ones were cheaper.

Docket – Nice 10 last night!! Okay. Yes, I would have to agree. Starting in the 30’s and getting to 40’s is pretty ideal. Last year that was Richmond’s EXACT weather. It was pretty perfect!

Sandy – YAY for the not so painful 12!! That is a good sign if you ask me Smile Hopefully you hear something today from the PT. Sorry to hear about your nephews game. Bummer. Sad OMG 63 in the house is cold! I wouldn’t mind layering up inside though. LOL. Smile I agree about the distances – I can’t get my mind to think past 26.2, either. I can’t wait to see you SOON!!! OO that yoga deal does sound awesome! You have tried yoga before, right?

Susan – WOOHOOO on the 7!!!

Lisa – Wow, nice job on the 19! Eh, we all have the hard runs. It means the next one will be better Smile Are you considering a double weekend for GC? Haha, doesn’t surprise me! Wow, the Marquette Trail looks beautiful. Those views! It looks like you already have 2 in August next year, are you considering adding a 3rd?!

Judy – YES!! I love spooky movies. This is when they play all the classics on TV…Scream, Saw, I know what you did last summer, Halloween, etc. Nice running this weekend! Oh yes, the flu shot! I heard September/October is the best time to get them. You were right on time Smile Have a good run today!

Sandy and Karen - I am so stoked! I was jamming hardcore in my car this morning - haha. So, Karen, I know you aren't going to race this one and I had said I wasn't - but then I was like, well maybe I will try. BUT..I think I decided this morning that I will NOT. I would rather race in Richmond..my hometown race that I am very familiar with. Plus, Richmond doesn't have those hills that apparently Twin Cities has. Ha. I was thinking a 4:20, but they don't have that pace group! 4:15 or 4:30..I stuck with the 4:15 pace group at Newport News where I got my PR, but I am not confident I can hold that pace anymore. I could always start out at the 4:30 PG and then at the halfway go my own pace? I kinda want to save attempting the 4:15 PG until Richmond..but I am worried I am going to be disappointed in myself. Does that make sense?

Happy Monday!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Morning.  I have 7 miles tonight.

LOL!!!!!

Monday already???  Group power class this morning.

Judy--I will pass on the scary movies. I do still watch the Charlie Brown Halloween show every year. Smile

LIzzie--two weeks in Hawaii???  Sounds fabulous!!!

Later!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning.  On my phone, we all know what a pain it is to reply on here...

Got to the clinic a few minutes late, but only 2 appointments on my schedule.  Now 3, but still.  I fear what could happen.......   either stay slow, or get totally slammed.  Mondays are weird that way.

But what to do while I wait....ugh.  have a photo book, always feel weird pulling it out.

Have a good day, y'all.

😁

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

I love October, I love scary movies, I love Halloween. It's my anniversary but right now I could care less about that.

I managed my highest mileage month ever...140 miles total.  And I even was traveling for 2 of the weeks.

Kat you know I'm definitely in for JJ and I will dress up with you.  I think a bat or dark fairy is just right.  I also want to do Possum's Revenge.  Will plan for that along the others.  Hawk is probably a go also.  I do need to practice rocks and roots along with hills.  I plan on getting one of those ladder things and laying it in the grass to practice picking up my dam feet.

Hi everyone!

Anonymous Guest

Hmm. Maybe I should consider something at Javelina. I went back and looked at the race I did on that course a few years ago and it's one of my faster 50Ks, so it must not be too extreme. I remember thinking it was pretty runnable - just one section that was kind of rocky, but the upside of the no trees/shade was no roots to trip over. If you're interested: https://www.strava.com/activities/40334940.

Liz, I'm thinking about starting behind the 4:30 pace group. And unless they are super annoying, staying behind them for at least 18-20 miles. I really need to keep this one easy. You might surprise yourself with the colder weather and have no problem with the 4:15. Or maybe start behind the 4:15 but ahead of the 4:30 and then see what happens. That is awesome on the honeymoon. That's what my parents did for us as our wedding present - Marriott points and frequent flier miles. They only had enough Marriott points for one week though. It was a wonderful thing for them to do, and took a lot of financial worries away from us so we were able to just enjoy it.

Damaris, I feel your pain. At least our overnight lows seem to be generally in the low 70s instead of mid to upper 70s, but I want more!

Judy, not a big fan of spooky movies but a big fan of fall. Growing up fall was my least favorite season because it just meant cold, snowy winter was coming. Now I love everything about it.

Susan, yay for group power. Hope work is uneventful.

Kathryn, hoping for a happy medium at work for you! Nice miles the other day.

Diane, congrats on the monthly mileage PR! Awesome on its own, even more so since you were traveling for practically half of it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Lisa – thanks for the description of the yoga types!  I forget what they all are about.  I’m planning to go to a Yin class tonight.  I also plan to try a yoga sculpt to add a strength day to my routine.  Sorry about the rough 19 but holy cats that’s still a lot of miles to be feeling so crappy.  Nice job!!

Sue – woohoo on 7 yesterday!  And nice job getting to class this morning.

Judy – nice hiking and running this weekend!  Yikes on feeling under the weather from the flu shot.  I have not gotten one in yearrrrrrrrrrrrs but was just reading an article saying it was your “civic duty”.  Hmmmm

Damaris – LOL on the photo.  Pretty sure I would feel the same if I lived where you do.  But, hey, Chicago this weekend!  Perhaps you can lay on the patio naked and soak in all the cool air like Lizzie is planning on doing LOL

Lizzie – yay for cooler weather!  And even cooler here.  OMG that is AWESOME you are getting your honeymoon paid for!!  And 2 weeks?!  Amazing!!  Do you  think you will leave right after the wedding?  Oh, and I forgot to comment last week – congrats on getting the caterer lined up.  When will you start dress shopping?  I don’t know why but that sounds stressful to me.  Do you have any ideas of styles in mind?  Heck, I don’t even know what the style is right now!  Certainly not big poofy sleeves haha.  I have tried yoga before.  It’s only okay to me – I don’t really have that kind of patience.  But that’s probably why I don’t stretch or foam roll either.  So, this will make me.  Will try it for a month and see.  Hoping maybe the yoga sculpt class will be a good strength addition?  You SO could do 4:15 at TCM.  Have you ever done that time comparison?  I plugged in 4:15 for TCM and got a corresponding time of 4:14:25 for Richmond.  So, that makes me think the courses are similar.  We will drive the hills on Friday.  They really aren’t that bad.  But, ultimately up to you!  I do think you will surprise yourself regardless.  ESPECIALLY with the cooler weather.  Karen gave you some great advice!  I will warn you that those pace groups are typically HUGE.  So staying in between may be more to your liking.

Kat – good luck at work today!  Dang, that’s early for you!  Hope the day goes fast with little stress.

Diane – awesome monthly mileage!

Karen – can’t wait to see you on Friday!!!!!!!!!

Regular Monday rest day for me but going to try yin yoga after work.  Booty is now sore sitting here.  Ugh.  Will try to make sure I get up a bunch today.

Got some soup made yesterday for the freezer.  Also went to the LRS for new shoes.  Thought about ordering online but didn’t find anything on sale and I get quite a discount through the running group.  Super excited for my guests to arrive on Friday!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi. I'm at work and on my phone so I will have to do personals later.

We got back from vacation yesterday and it was amazing.  We went to British Columbia and the weather was perfect. Everything was perfect.  I saw whales and climbed mountains. I didn't run though. I'd recommend visiting there to anyone.

But now I'm back to the old grind at work.

I'm also starting today to train for something epic.  I just haven't decided what yet. Lol

Anyway I will pop back in later for personals.

October is a wonderful month.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  5 miles with 3 at steady state on Saturday, a little over 7 mile jog yesterday in the rain.  30 degrees on Saturday, I got the running pants out!   Smashrun told me that my Saturday run was my best performance in a year.  That is promising.    I am starting the next phase of my training this week, the Integration phase - "This period is specifically geared for race readiness by blending together all the elements so far developed and adding the final element of speed".  Final phase before the taper!  The easy run goes away, I have two "out and backs" with the first one shorter and faster, a run with cut-downs, a fartlek, and a long jog.  The weekly mileage starts dropping.  Should be fun!    Had a great time with my sister this weekend, Go Brewers!!  Oh, and a hot air balloon landed just off my running trail during my run on Saturday, I don't think that was planned.  Another one was headed towards the woods.  Not sure where they were supposed to go!  

Damaris, haha, enjoy the 7!  The Chicago weather forecast seems to keep creeping up!  I hope it goes the other way.  

Lizzie, yay for race week!  And a fun weekend with the gals!    That is nice that HCF's parents are handling the honeymoon!  Is HCF excited about the Brewers?    I am guessing not much work will be done here this afternoon.     Not sure if we will change our house color!  We have wood siding on the front of our house and that was not damaged at all.  The rest is aluminum siding.  Our house is blue now.  I don't mind the color.    We are having the people that did our roof do an estimate for the siding.  They did a really good job on our roof.  The other contractor told us our roof looked great and wondered where we got our gutter guards from, he thought they were cool.    Tough decision on the race!  If conditions are awesome at TCM, I don't know...  

Kat, hope your day goes fast!

Diane, congrats on the mileage month!  And the anniversary.  Though you are not excited about it.

Karen, super-annoying pace groups... I tend to find running with the big groups annoying.    I normally start a little behind them, try to pass them and stay ahead of them.  

Sandy, glad you got the 12 done!  It should be a fun weekend!  I turned the heat on.    Nice that you found a deal for yoga!  Aww, sorry about your nephews loss.

Lori, welcome back!  Glad you had a great trip!  Haha, good luck on the training!

Sue, congrats on the 5K!  And congrats on GB#2!!

Margaret, glad you are feeling better!

Lisa, the Trail Marathon?  Sounds like a nice warm-up for Glass City.  Ha.

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Liz, nice workout.

Susan, nice class.  And yes, boo, Monday!

Kat, good luck with your day.

Diane, nice mileage!

Karen, I assume you're considering the Javelina 50 so you can train for the 100?  I want more too on the weather!

Sandy, there won't be any cool air in Chicago, unfortunately, sigh.  Yay for new shoes!

Lori, your pictures were amazing.  Glad you guys had fun.

Cathy, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizzie---Woohoo you are rocking along.....My $.02 for dress shopping....Sooner than later. DD had her dress made, and the tailor was in China. Apparently the entire month of February they celebrated a holiday and were closed. Entire month. She also had 2 fittings for alterations, so be sure to leave plenty of time for those.... Smile

QOTD: Running watch---suggestions???  My Garmin died. I think it only lasted 2 years.  I want something easy to use, maybe swim proof, that will record multisport and upload to Strava.  Suggestions???

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Wedding Dress – I have an apt for my first dress shopping experience the first week of December. A friend of HCF’s used to own a bridal shop and she said December is the time to go! That would be about 11 months out – I think that is enough time?  Styles…uhm…I am thinking A line or a little fluffier than A line. I don’t want a mermaid style. I don’t want emphasis on the hips and I don’t want to feel like I have to suck in all night. Plus I want to MOVE..aka twerk. I also want some type of strap because I don’t have much that will hold up a tube type top. I have been pinning a lot of dresses that look like this:

https://www.simple-dress.com/modern-sweetheart-ruffles-tulle-a-line-wedding-dress-bride-gowns-wd-70970.html

not that exact one, but I like style. I like the “fun” bottom. I have better ones on my Pinterest page.