Womens Running

Where is everyone WEDNESDAILIES (Read 21 times)

Seloc

Post!

Seloc

Nothing today.  Not by choice.  I planned to run today and yoga tomorrow due to weather.  One of the RBs texted last night and convinced me to run at 4:15 and then yoga after.  Okay, I caved.  She texted at 3:30 that she was bailing on the run so I turned off my alarm, went back to sleep and didn’t wake up in time for either.  Guess I could have gotten out the door for a few miles but that’s a lot of clothes to put on for a measly 3.  So furious with myself!!  I need to stop caving to other’s plans and just stick with my own.  Today is a day I REALLY wish I was retired.  Sigh.

The good news is that the blizzard is staying west.  My area has been downgraded to a Winter Weather Advisory and 3-6 inches of rain/snow mix.  Fine by me!  Though we are still expected to get the 50-60 mph winds.

Karen – yes! That’s exactly what happened last year with the Boston weather!  Maybe/hopefully this year with this system coming today/tomorrow it will be out of Boston by Monday?  Last year we had a blizzard on Saturday so it made it to the east coast by Monday.  Woohoo for a rest day yesterday.  Though a trip to Costco sounds like it might be a bit of XT.  Oh, since you weren’t too keen on Bridge of Clay, I have removed it from my list haha.  So, thanks!!

Judy – what kind of yoga class do you do?

Cathy – awwwww spring flowers!  My favorite.  Hope they don’t get buried in snow!  LOL on the dog walking marathon.  It just feels so good to be outside without freezing your face off.  3:25 marathon IS crazy fast!  This Mr. Math sure sounds intriguing.  Maybe I need to move to MKE.  Find new friends and all.  LOL.  Oh, finished The Couple Next Door last night.  So many twists and turns!  And always a happy ending.  On to What She Knew which, I think, is also one of your recs?

Damaris – hope your intervals went okay last night with no asthma attacks!  That must be scary.

HCK – did you get your work move all settled?  Ya, the snow should melt quick enough.  I’m just over it all.  LOL

Tessa – sorry for the chest cold!  Take it easy, lady.

Weird to not see Lizzie here by now.  Guessing you are a busy traveling bee again!  Have a good day!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Select, lol, no. I have no computer this morning.  Why the furniture breakdown needs to happen during the 8 hours I'm here and not the 16 I'm not is beyond me.

Good morning!

Hi Sandy!

Got up early and did a 4 mile walk/run w my running buddy.  She has been sidelined w severe migraines, has been in PT for 6-8 months and is hopefully starting back. I really missed chatting w her.  I needed that! After yesterday's crappy run I was thinking about quitting altogether.

Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In court today (again). Better than the office. I have 6 or 0 today. I’ll decide later.

Damaris

Good morning!

Seloc, yep, a PITA making plans to accommodate others and then they bail. Probably why I’ve been running on my own a lot lately.

Judy, neat about the birds returning to their nest.  Bald eagles appear to be nesting in Marin Co somewhere, where I grew up. They haven’t been seen there since before I was born.

CrazuSue, glad that your RB is feeling better.

HCK, good luck with the move.

Danaris, good luck in court.

Tessa, sorry you are sick again!

I saw on Strava that Lizzie already got in her run today, must be traveling. 

Turtles, nice run for you today (Strava stalking is fun!)

Im WFH today, doing the Meet-Up group run tonight, planning around 10.

Happy Wednesday!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Well I guess the downside to Liz getting a job she likes is that she can't always escape to the forums with us and we're going to have to start the dailies on our own sometimes! Thanks for taking up the slack today, Sandy!

i have speedwork today. Not spadework, autocorrect, never spadework. I think it's 4x200, 4x400, 2x800, 4x400, 4x200 with pretty short recoveries. I have it programmed into my Garmin since I wouldn't be able to remember and keep count on my own. I need to get out there and get it done before it gets hot. We did indeed hit 90 yesterday, but it didn't feel as bad as summer 90 since the dew point was only in the 50s. But still. Upper 80s later today. Nice weather predicted for my half Sunday - around 50 degrees. That is not going to make it easy to keep it at MP. I just need to remember what's important here. BQ a couple weeks later, not AG placement in a local half.

Cathy, that workout sounds hard, glad it didn't feel like it! Makes me think you're about ready for GC! One advantage(?) of having "very dense" boobies with an area "that is probably benign" is that I don't get squished, we go straight to an ultrasound. Down side is I have to go every six months for now, and in fact just got a letter reminding me to get a referral from my primary doc to schedule the next one.

Sandy, sorry for the workout fail this morning. I used to get so mad at myself when I did something like that. Now that I'm retired, I don't have that problem, so yeah, it helps. Hooray for the blizzard staying west! I did make the mistake yesterday of going to Costco when I was hungry, so I now have all the snacks. The lemon/white chocolate covered almonds are a problem - can't stop eating them and I'm still a couple pounds heavier than I want to be for race day. As I was trying to read Bridge of Clay, I remembered I didn't think The Book Thief was as amazing as a lot of people thought it was, so maybe it's just me.

Susan, glad your running buddy is back! Makes such a difference and I think you don't realize how much you miss it until they come back. One of mine has been sidelined with bronchitis and kid stuff and family stuff.....was texting with her the other day and realized I really missed catching up and chatting with her.

Morning, HCK and Damaris!

I better get out there and run. The sun is out and it's warming up. Then need to finally finish the floor (almost all our grout is bright and clean now!) and finally finish up Elina's marathon plan, as she starts training for that next week!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Seloc, the yoga class I have is a very low key Hatha class. It is very slow,easy, stresses stretching since it is a class for mostly retired people. Sometimes there is a chair yoga class for those who cannot get down onto the floor.

Crazysue, keep the faith. We all have "bad" runs. Remember, you also have a lot of life changing things going on. Even when they are positive, they can still be equally stressful. Things will calm down.

Gatsbybird, we have several bald eagles that fly along the river in back of DC's house. They are neat birds. There are older trees there and they are great high roosts for eagles.

Today I did 55 minutes on the TM with intervals. I'm concentrating on including the fast walking and a group of stretches.
                  Not sure what DC and I are doing yet today since he has a cold. We may go to a book sale and a history talk.
                  Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

It is strange when Lizzie doesn't start the thread.  Or Elina.    5 easy miles for me this morning.  On the TM.  As it will be until it is light outside in the morning.    Snow flurries right now, changing to snow and sleet in the afternoon, yay!  Only about an inch of accumulation expected though.  At least DD had soccer practice last night instead of tonight!

Sandy, so if your RB was awake at 3:30 to text you, then why not just get up and run?    Honestly, I also would have a hard time getting up and dressed to run outside for 3 miles.  Give me your phone number, I'll text you and make sure that you get up.    I'm glad you are missing the blizzard!  We are supposed to get the 40+ mph winds tomorrow.  They were planning to do the siding on our house on Saturday, I suspect that may get delayed...  Yes, move to Milwaukee.    I have not finished Couple Next Door, but I am getting there.  Too tired to read at night lately.  Haha, What She Knew is one I read, if it is by Gilly MacMillan.  Otherwise, I take no responsibility.   

Sue, glad your RB is back in action!

Damaris, nice workout yesterday!

Margaret, Strava stalking is fun.  Your runs and races are always interesting to look at!  Mine on the TM, probably not so much.    I see your cousin has a new book out!  I am getting behind on his books.  Enjoy the group run!

Karen, I don't know, spadework still sounds cool to me.    Haha, I love the workouts that you have to program into your watch or else you cannot do them.    At least there is variety.  Or the ones where there are so many reps, like 16, that you couldn't possibly keep track.  I hope I'm ready for GC!  I feel good, I always get confused during taper though... too much running, too little running, running too hard...  I also have the dense boobies!  They have not suggested ultrasound for me though.  Elina training for a marathon!  This should be fun!  

Tessa, I hope you feel better!  I am still disappointed that you will not be at GC!  Well, it was Sandy that read the wrong book.  I just recommended it.  Though in my defense, I did also give her the author.  Maybe she just subconsciously really wanted to read that other one.  

Cathy

Kilmisters

Hehe, Elina training for marathon will be fun indeed. I am not sure what kind of fun it will be Smile I am planning to continue posting here when the floorball season is over (Grand Final this Saturday) and Karen's plan starts!! Currently it's way, way too much juggling (work, DH, minis, floorball) to even dream of consistent running, but it will change starting from next week Smile There's a 20k trail race in 2.5 weeks, so there is no going back, hehe! Oh, and Lisa's visiting this weekend!!! As one famous NHL announcer would say - everything's happening Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Bikerchick1

Sandy - Ugh, on bailout of RB...I wouldn’t get up and dressed for 3 miles at that time of day!  Glad you aren’t going to get brunt of this dang winter storm!  Interesting that you said you had like a “smokers” cough after your vacation...that is just what mine was like...gross, finally gone!

Crazysue - Glad you were able to get out with RB!  As Judy mentioned you have had quite a year, lots of stress, even tho it was “good” stress!

Damarias - Love it ....6 or 0...I’m sure, knowing you, the 6 will win out!

Margaret - Enjoy your 10!

Karen - I have no doubt you will BQ at GC!!!

Judy - Hope you are enjoying your day!

Cathy - Snow and sleet...ugh, that is probably coming our way Sad. You have really gotten use out of your TM this year!

Elinia - will this be your first marathon?

Halfcrazy - Does seem like the furniture breakdown could happen during the off hours!

Tessa - I take it you have a cough, hoping it goes away quickly!

Did my 12 Saturday...went good.  Having colonoscopy tomorrow...geez, I’m starving today...no running (except to the bathroom) today and tomorrow....

Seloc

Cathy – so the extra dumb thing is about 5min later, RB texted back that she changed her mind and wanted to run.  When I got her first text, my plan was to skip yoga and run in about an hour.  I never got her change of mind because I had fallen back asleep!  Note to self: be ready to pivot on a dime and leave the phone on the nightstand where the alert vibration is louder rather than on the bed.  Haha – I checked and have the correct author this time!  The radar shows it should be snowing right now but I don’t see anything from the window.  Dude, you are going to CRUSH it at GC!!  I almost want to DNS just so I can cheer you on at the finish!!  But, I won’t hee hee

Elina – SUPER excited to follow your marathon training!  Ooooh good luck in the Grand Final!!  And super duper HOORAY for Lisa visiting!!

Carol – haha ya that smoker’s cough lingered for quite a while.  Glad yours is gone!  Awesome job on the 12.  You are READY!  Ewww on the colonoscopy prep.  But, I can’t help but think of the weight loss just in time for GC!  LOL

Judy – your yoga class sounds nice.  Awww, hope DC feels better.  Maybe some chicken soup for dinner.

Karen – whoa, that sounds like a serious speed session!  But, not gonna lie, sounds kinda fun, too.  DO NOT RACE ON SUNDAY!  There, I’m telling you hee hee.  Anyone you could run with to help them PR that would slow you down?  OMG those almonds sound delish.  I’m all about all the snacks haha.

Gatsby – have a great 10!  Sounds like a fun meet-up.  Bet it makes the miles fly by anyway.

Damaris – good luck in court!  That always makes me chuckle when you have x miles or zero miles LOL

Sue – awwww nice you could hook up with your RB this morning!

HCK – no computer?  What the heck can you do at work?  At least they coulda warned ya so you could sleep in.

Snow is still knocking on the door.  Hoping I get home before it starts!

Kilmisters

Elinia - will this be your first marathon?

Yes! Running a marathon before turning 26 was sort of my secret long-term goal Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I finally was able to get on a computer about 90 minutes after getting to work. Ugh. 7 miles with intervals tonight.