Womens Running

Windy weekend (over 40) (Read 20 times)

camille2

Good morning!  I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday I did 40 minutes of cardio DVD. It went very well and I was careful what moves I did. Side steps were the hardest thing but knee lifts felt great.
      Snowing here today.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Karen, I didn't realize you had another marathon already!  Good luck!  I'm so glad your hubby is OK.

Gatsby, did you write a race report?  Congrats again on that new PR!

Cindy, did I say congrats on your race last week? Nice job!

Carol, good for you for your streak.  You made a wise decision to rest those 2 days.

Tessa, I hope you had a nice run in the lights.

Sue, I usu go to things alone, too and actually opt for that even when carpooling is an option.  I hope the party was fun! Funny on the beer and knitting lessons!

Carol, I didn't think you meant you'd hurt Judy.  : )

Ginny, adorable pic! I hope you have a good race.

Marjorie, I hope you had an uneventful trip home.Laura, I hope you had a safe 2 hour drive, too.

I had my first PT appt. yesterday and am officially off running.  He said I can try walking a mile a couple days and increase if it doesn't make it worse. DD is coming Tuesday and we're signed up for a big holiday race in Atlanta Sat. I won't be running  it and doubt  I can walk it and do the other walking we want to do. We're staying in ATL the night before so DD can sightsee there. Should be fun!

Judy,. didn't mean to skip you. I'm glad you are better!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 miles didn't do more as had to go to puppy pool.  Good thing is no problem with the hip.

will do a bunch of errands etc today.

Marjorie

Hi all....  a late weekend check-in for me.  Instead of doing usual RC run this morning, I did 11 miles with a different group of RC friends on a new trail that was recently opened on land not far from where I live, which was acquired by the national parks service.  The trails have been there for a while so it's not exactly "new" trail, but the land was private before.  Very lovely, amazing views, but hilly!  So I came back and was intending to have some coffee and read the paper before getting to my chores, but I fell asleep instead.  Good thing there isn't anything in dire need of attention today on my to-do list!   I think I will start my "defensive" Christmas cards today (since I'm not organized enough to go through our address book and make a list or generate labels or anything like that, I just send one back to anyone who sends a card to us).  Groceries can wait.... I haven't run out of ice cream yet.

Judy, very glad to hear that you are mobile and not in much pain.  I saw earlier in the week that you had to get staples in your noggin. Ugh, heal quickly.

Camille, I didn't do a RR...  my RC friends get the verbal version ad nauseum while we're running but I don't usually write anything up beyond the one paragraph Cliff's Notes version I post after the race.   I"m hoping to get closer to a 4:00 hour PR next year if I continue the PowerBlast classes and speedwork.  I may not continue with my running coach for now since I think I've got the basic principles down.  Maybe re-engage later in the year if training is lagging.  Sorry to hear you are officially off of running and can't do your Christmas race.  Sometimes that's what it takes for nagging injuries to go away.

Marjorie, speaking of nagging injuries, it's good to see that your hip seems to be healing.  Hope pups had a good day at the pool.

Karen, nice job on the Hoover Dam(n) Marathon.  I'm sure you were taking it easy but still, I think that's a great finish time!  The pic of your DH's car was scary!  So now he gets a new car too?

Tessa, I followed your "good news, bad news" saga last week about getting care for your DH.  I hope they can find a reason to continue it as long as possible.  I love running through Christmas lights too.  Almost makes me wish for a little bit of snow to complete the picture (but not much, and not icy to make me fall, and not when I have to drive somewhere).

CrazySue, hope that your party was fun (or at least tolerable).  My conference room holiday party for work was on Wednesday and it was about as much fun as it sounds.

Hi to everyone else.  Enjoy the rest of the day!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Trixie's condition and grooming (she is peeing on her bed and herself, silly kitty) is having me being stressful and with no time.  Today, I paced hubby on his second HM and my fibroid pain was so bad, I almost quit.  I wouldn't have been able to finish a full marathon today.  Sigh.

Camille, Wishing you a nice weekend as well.

Judy, nice job on the cardio.  How are you feeling?

Marjorie, nice 4.  How has the hip being?

Gatsby, sounds like a nice trail.

Enjoy your weekend, ladies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I am exhausted! Hopefully this means I will be able to get some sleep on the plane tonight. The race was beautiful. It was not an easy course, and I started feeling the pain about mile 12, so it was not my most pleasant race experience, but got it done. 4:10:something. More later.

DH called me yesterday asking me what to do about money if he buys a car this weekend. We don't want two car payments, but I just invested a big chunk of what we had saved up. But we'll have enough between what's still in savings and what he'll get from insurance, I just had to help him get it all in the right account. He had an appointment today to drive a Fit at the CarMax near our house. It had everything he was looking for so I'm assuming he bought it.

Gatsby, I went from a ton of Christmas cards to defensive Christmas cards to no Christmas cards over the past few years.

Damaris, congrats to hubby! Sorry you're in such pain. Hope the surgery will fix everything.

Camille, sorry you're off running for awhile. Sounds like you're still going to make the best of the trip to Atlanta though! I'm sure you'll have fun.

I'm going to try to refrain from signing up for any more races for awhile. Nothing until Disney. From today's weird aches and pains I think my body is telling me I need to take it easy for a little bit. And probably a lot less marathons and ultras next year.

Marjorie, glad to hear no problem with the hip.

Judy, sounds like healing is progressing nicely.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, glad you enjoyed the race! Joyce puts on a good event.

Damaris, sorry about the fibroid pain.

I didn't get out for a lights run last night, but did do 18 this morning. Windy and hot and sunny. Enjoyed it but glad when I was back -- I have so much to do now that classes are over! We do have a tree now, although it is in the dining area not in the living room  because our living room is so crowded with a hospital bed in it.

I don't do Christmas cards, wish people would stop sending them to me. I still have guilt pangs on occasion, but not enough to get out the stamps and a pen.

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies,

Judy - Nice to see you on the weekend!  Glad you were able to do DVD without pain.

Camille - Enjoy the time with DD!  Sorry about the running...but walking the race will be fun as well!

Marjorie - Glad your hip is doing good!

Gatsbybird - Naps are always good.  LOL on the "defensive" christmas cards....so true.

Damarias - Sorry you are having pain, hope you can get that taken care soon.  Your DH is really "taken" to this running thing Wink

Karen - You deserve(need) some rest!!!  The picture looks beautiful from the Marathon...sorry it was difficult.

Did a 10k Christmas run -  was alot of fun!  Weather was "frightful" though...drove thru snow/wind took about 1/2 hour longer to get their and back, the entire run was on snow-covered slippery roads.  So time was about 2 minutes slower then what I wanted, but considering the conditions I am fine with that.  Best thing was it was my DF's FIRST ever 10k...she just started running this spring and I am so proud of her!  She said she had fun when it was over, during she was "cursing"  & questioning WTH she was doing out there.....I told her that was NORMAL 

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Getting ready to run. It has been raining so I waited. Looks like the rain took out one of our outlets. Resetting the gfi and it still doesn't work. So Christmas lights aren't working outside

I still do Christmas cards. But we get fewer and fewer cards every year. So I'm going to have a list if who we get cards from and those will be who I send to next year. I think this year we've gotten 8 cards. I sent ovrr 40.

Yesterday ay ran, did puppy pool, raked the leaves in the front, went to petsmart and CVS, also got some fleece blanket throws. One of the local areas is collecting blankets for a dog shelter. Cvs had them 3 for 10. Will drop them off this week. Cleaned, did laundry fixed the shower door (again), fixed the shredder. So, we were busy. The shredder wasn't hard but dh is not mechanical at all. He said it was done and he'd get a new one later.  It took me maybe 10 minutes with a brush to clean the cutters. If he wouldn't try yo put too many pieces in at once it would be fine. While the go through, they also sometimes leave a bunch of little pieces in the cutters and they build up. The man refuses to open the junk mail envelopes. Some if them are too thick or have some things in them the have sticky residue. It is why I try to do the shredding every week versus letting him do it.

Well, ill, looks like the rain is letting up. It is nice temps so I should leave here to run.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did run 6.1 this am.  I was going to do a lot more but wasn't feeling it and wanted to quit at 4.  The nerve root is still irritated but the hip is good.  So I just called it at 6.1.  Running better than not running.

DH called an electrician.  Our outside Christmas lights went out last night.  We re set the GFI and they were fine but then went out again.  This am DH did some stuff and even resetting the GFI didn't work.  They can't come until tomorrow so we turned that breaker off.  Not sure if it is the GFI or something else and I do not want to risk it.  I just thought it was because of the rain even though all the lights and the extension cords etc are all for outside.  Doesn't seem to be so better to be safe.

Gatsby yep the hip is actually pretty good.  The injury is very close to the sciatic nerve and I do get some nerve root irritation from it (the bottom of my foot starts to burn a bit. If I stop it goes away and I can continue.  It is better and is also healing.

D hope Trixie continues to get better

Karen, so did DH get the car?

Carol saw the pics on FB.  It looks like it was really cold!

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - was cold, the wind chill was about 7, hence the Icicles Smile.   need your professional opinion.....I think I bruised my tailbone at the spin class.....still is really tender (by tender I mean really hurts) when I sit down, especially hard surfaces.  I know they take a lot of time to heal, but as far as PT goes there is nothing to do for it right???  It has been 2 weeks.   Good luck on electrical stuff.

Happy Sunday afternoon.  After a week of freezing temps, the weather is now back in the 60s and sunny.  Shouldn't complain, but I do wish we'd get some rain.  Will go out for a short run a little later this afternoon.   Currently planted in front of the TV watching the 49ers and hoping the laundry will somehow put itself into the washing machine along with some detergent and get clean.

Damaris, poor kitty -- can the vet do anything?  Also sorry to hear you're still in so much pain.  Have you decided to try surgery?

Karen, did your DH come home with the Fit?  Sounds like a good idea to take a rest from long races for the time being.

Tessa, nice 18.  Don't worry, I didn't sent you a Christmas card so nothing to feel guilty about.  

Carol, sounds like a tough race!  Your DF will be so amazed when she actually gets to run a race in pleasant conditions.

Marjorie, that's a bummer about the electrical problems.  Hopefully it's a quick (and non-expensive) fix.  Good for you for keeping your runs short to let the hip heal.

Okay, football game is over.  Off to do something productive.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

Good afternoon!  I've had a quiet and very nice day at home.  Cleaned, decorated more, made a big pot of taco soup (super easy) to share with a friend, baked cookies and brownies and have worked on a couple quilting projects. It's feeling like the Christmas season.  : )  Despite the  cleaning early this morning, as I look around, it's kind of a mess again! Boxes, dishes, etc...how does that happen so fast?!

Karen, congrats on the race!  Great time!  I may have said that already.  : )  Did you like the course a lot?

You and your hubby decided quickly on cars. I hate buying (the negotiation/how much should I pay part), but  think I'll need to replace mine later this year, maybe an Outback.

Gatsby, have you decided on your next big race?

DR, congrats to your hubby on being a half fanatic!  I like those shirts more than those maniac ones.

Carol, congrats to your friend for doing the 10 k in "frightful weather!"  Tell her on a nice day, it's more fun!  IMHO, anyway. I'm glad you both had fun.

Marjorie, I send only cards to a few people I seldom see and one to my mom, who likes to get mail.  I am getting email Christmas letters and that's  fun, too, though in a way, I miss getting pretty cards in the box. I should have followed you example on the hip, but mine doesn't hurt much during running. I'm feeling old...the PT thinks it's the joint more than the bursa.  Good luck with your power issue.

Tessa, I'm glad you had time for an 18 miler.  : )

20 min walk. I'll see how tomorrow morning goes.