Womens Running

TOO EARLY THURSDAY, DIVAS (Read 18 times)

gsdrunner

Post!

gsdrunner

Morning! I was up at 430 after a crappy nights rest.  Trying to move to the TM and go to the zoo (we didn't make it the other day) or decide on taking M to the park for a run. Its just a long drive over to it. Its supposed to be beautiful day. I know big decisions! LOL

RR: Nada, did some lifting yesterday but no cardio.

NRR: I went shopping for myself yesterday. I was quite shocked to see that I went down a size in both tops and bottoms, but I know companies are making sizes larger. I don't weigh less, but maybe this lifting and hiking is helping. It was great since I finally found some jeans that fit comfortable over my incision/scar. It is kinda in a crappy location right down the zipper and goes above the pant line. I found some pants that are not mid rise or low rise that  dont make me look like the female version of  Steve Urkle. LOL. M did great, but we didn't get a good nap it.  Trying to get some time to sit down and make up a work out schedule that I will start using the gym again.  Just too much going on and the lack of sleep is a killer.

POrun

Happy Thursday!!! Today is my Friday, thank goodness!

RR: Ran a great 5 miles yesterday... It rained in the middle of mile 5, which was nice because it cooled us down. Tonight is a tri run workout. Tomorrow I'll bike 20-30 easy with a friend, Saturday run 10 (finally back to double digits!!!), then Sunday do an easy paced full tri workout: swim, bike, then run for our last weekend workout before the race.

NRR: DH's good friend from college is coming to visit, so that should be fun. He missed his flight this morning, so now we don't know when he'll get here! I have some school stuff to get through this weekend too, super exciting!!!

GSD: Ugh, me too! I couldn't sleep either! Glad you found some clothes that fit well.

Have a great day ladies!

outwestrunner

Morning, ladies!

Nothing of consequence to report, but I did want to say that I likes NC's idea about doing the target practice from Cassie's blog. I've been meaning to do something like that myself but it's been hard with work travel...although that's probably when I need it most. I also think grading myself will help me be not so hard on myself..looking back at what I actually did, not just what I didn't do.

GSD - Shopping sounds like it was fun! Try not to look a gift horse in the mouth. .you probably have slimmed down. I know my pants are fitting a lot better since I stopped drinking so much beer, and moved out of the "ice cream for dinner" post breakup phase. I hope you can find time to get a workout plan together.  It's been really helpful with my lifting.

Have a great day, ladies!

outwestrunner

One other thing. My coworker and I are BFFs now.  Seven months ago, he was ripping into me for being vegetarian and how it's a choice, when I said I wanted a salad for dinner.  Yesterday, he was asking me if I'd be able to find something decent to eat at the restaurant next to the hotel.

melrunner

Morning Girls.

happy Thursday!!!

TriR, spinning in a few plus 8 miles after work.

NtriR, Bubbles has pneumonia. Poor pup. She caught it at the pound, and had 104 fever. They took some X-rays of her lungs and they were filled with liquid, we have her on antibiotics and she actually ate 2/3 of her can this morning. Working then running.

GSD, yay for dropping a pant size!

OWR, are you in Utah ? You're up early!

PO, have a great ride tomorrow!!!

outwestrunner

Mel - Yep, until tomorrow. I'm usually up this early for running, not posting! Smile

PO - Hurray for double digits!!

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: 7 Miles total with 2x2 at tempo with a half mile recovery. It was a mentally tough workout and I was a little off my paces Confused on one of my tempo miles. Anyway maybe that's from lifting yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.

RR2: I want a running partner. This 40 miles a week is getting mighty lonely and I get sad when I see other groups of women out running together, chatting about kids and work. I don't have time to go to a group run after work but I'm not sure how else to meet someone. Any ideas?

NRR: i dropped my ID badge on Monday up in town whe n I was waking to pick up my car. Thankfully someone found it and emailed me but I have to find time to get up to her office today. Just working for the weekend!

My pants are all a little loose right now because I've list a few pounds with training. It's kind of annoying but I don't want to buy new stuff because I plan to gain it back after the marathon.

GSD have a good day with m. Any race plans in the Fall?

OWR - I didn't realize you we're a vegetarian.  glad your coworker has turned around! I don't eat mammals, and I've had to explain that so many times to people but everyone gets it now and my coworkers have been similarly supportive.

PO- enjoy your bike ride! I miss biking with friends.

Meli- poor bubbles! Hope she recovers soon. Good luck with your workouts today!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

monk717

So. Tired. Need to make it to the weekend when I can sleep a few extra hours to make up for vacation.

RR: Finally ran this morning, but was stuck on the TM because it was storming. I ran 3 at a pretty decent clip for the TM (and considering it was the first time in a week and a half) and now my legs and head hurt. 5K on Sunday.

NRR: I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately to make up for the lack of sleep and I feel my acid reflux flaring up... uggh. Not too much going on other than continuing vacation recovery! I still haven't put away my laundry and even though I went to bed before 9 last night it didn't really help because P was up once and then I got up early to run and I didn't sleep real well in between for some reason. I feel a little less blobby since I finally got a workout in.

NorCal

Morning girls!

RR. Did 60 minutes of yoga and 20 minutes of JM's No More Trouble Zones yesterday, but no bike riding. Just couldn't fit it in! Today is TEMPO Thursday! Smile 6 miles with 4 @ 7:45 (or close to!). Probably some yoga tonight, I'm loving yogavibes.com!

NRR. Need to make my final decision on an office this week. So hard to choose! Wherever I go, I want to stay there long term, so it's a big choice as far as location, parking, price, etc!

Today, meeting with a reusable water bottle maker about having our water to fill his bottles with when he sells them at street fairs, etc. I kind of hate when people need to meet, especially when this can all be done on the phone or email. I'm just not good with people and DH is too busy! Oh well, suck it up! lol

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

TXAginMS

gsd- vanity sizing drives me crazy but my guess is that you probably did go down a size if you've increased your activity. Good for you!!

PO- There's nothing like getting back into those double digits!! i love that feeling!

owr- I'm going to have to check out this target practice y'all are referring to. I'm clueless. That's awesome that you've become friends with a coworker who used to mock you. Funny how things work that way sometimes.

mel- Poor puppy!! Hope she feels better soon!!!!

Sassy- There has to be a group in your area. Search Facebook and the internet and see if there's anything near you and show up for one of their runs or socials. My only other idea is if you regularly see another woman or women running, feel them out and strike up a convo while yall are both out sometime and see if they are friendly.

monk- Eating a good yogurt twice a day pretty much cured my acid reflux (I only get heartburn about once every two weeks instead of every day).

NC- I'm a meetings person. it drives people nuts when they are on committees with me. I like to be able to feel people out and see their reactions in person. I also feel there is more accountability in person.

TXAginMS

RR: 4 last night and it was HOT. I'm so ready for this 95* weather to go AWAY. Tonight I'm running 5 with a new person I've never run with before. She's in my old running group and she came to the beer run on Monday. She texted me that she wanted to run together. I'm game. I hired the running coach. He gave me a GREAT deal. Its $125 for the plan. He'll feed me the plan monthly based on how my body responds to the increase in mileage. I'll check in once a month and have the ability to contact him more if im having problems. If I make it to the starting line on race day, I'll owe him another 125 for the monthly consultation ($25 a month). I'm pretty excited to have someone to help me with this. 50 miles is DAUNTING and TERRIFYING.

NRR: I'm so excited, I think my best friend is coming to visit me next weekend. Unfortunately, she's coming because her boyfriend broke her heart but I'm so happy that I might get to see her. I'm looking forward to this weekend too. I'm running a 10k Saturday morning (if the thunderstorms don't affect it) and then going to a lake party (again, if storms don't affect it).

NorCal

gsd- I'm sure you're dropping sizes with all of the hiking you did this summer! I notice that I'm several different sizes, depending on the brand, which I think is annoying. Sizes should be universal! Hope you catch up on your sleep a bit!

Sassy- That sounds like a brutal workout! Woohoo for doing it! I found my three running partners back home through Craigslist. All were great! Here, I've met several friends to run with through a Meetup running group. Running long miles alone does get lonely! Also I didn't realize you don't eat mammals, that's great! Smile

PO- Wow you've got some good workouts planned! Hope DH's friend makes it there eventually! Enjoy your weekend!

OWR- Somehow I didn't know you were vegetarian! Or maybe I knew and forgot because I can't retain information at all! Anyways, glad coworker is being decent. And I'm happy you like my Monday Target Practice idea! I mean, we could all do it individually, but sharing is more fun and motivating!

Monk- Vacations are hard to recover from, especially if you're not getting good sleep! Nice work on getting your run in this morning!

Tex- The Target Practice thing is basically on Mondays, we all post our goals for the week (RR and NRR) and then the following Monday, we post how we did on each of them and then post for the following week. Cassie does it on her blog and it seems like a great way for accountability! Hope the run with the new lady goes well tonight! I never really heard how your beer run went. Good turn out? Fun?

Meli- Oh no, poor Bubbles! She's extra lucky you adopted her, because a lot of sick pups don't get the medical treatment they need in shelters. Hope she gets all better soon.

PRs: 

TXAginMS

NC- The beer run was TONS of fun. The has run was a huge success. We had about 20 people show up and everyone seemed excited about continuing it. I'm hoping the enthusiasm stays and the group grows. We'll see!

NorCal

Tex- That's AWESOME! And I hope news of how cool it was gets back to the running club guy who doubted you!

RR. Did my tempo run and it was HARD! But I hit my goal pace on all miles except was 3 seconds over on the first mile.

PRs: