Womens Running

TRAVEL TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 12 times)

OJewel

Can't believe August is almost over!

OJewel

RR- 4-5 on the TM in a few minutes.

NRR- traveling back from PA to home today. Looking forward to the long weekend. I just want to relax and do some life maintenance. I have a lot of organizing and cleaning to do that I haven't had a chance to. Today is just work and hopefully not sitting in traffic on the drive home, lol.

have a great day!

Sassy- how is your forerunner 210? Still liking it? I'm looking at it since my garmin is on its way out too.

MA runner girl

Jewel - I hope you have a good, traffic free drive home! A long weekend at home would be nice...

RR: I think one more day off. My foot is feeling better though. Don't want to go backwards though...

NRR: C was up every 3 hours last night so I'm dragging. Of course the first time he was up was literally a half hour after I fell asleep. Not sure if it's a growth spurt or what, but I hope it does not continue tonight! Working at home today and heading to my grandparents for dinner.

Have a great day ladies!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

taylorma1

Jewel-have a safe trip home

MA-sorry C kept you up last night. Hope you can get some sleep tonight

RR: just did 8 easy miles

NRR: today is my really long day. I have work almost straight until 10 tonight Sad Part of it is my TA job though, so I am really looking forward to that, but I am also looking forward to my bed tonight

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: did 3.14 this morning. it was already hot and humid out. (by my standards at least - 77 degrees and humid). felt good to get out, but my tummy has been acting up since saturday. It doesn't seem to like jiggling around while I run. So need to watch that.

NRR: trip for work today, then home. I was exhausted at 8.15 last night and went to bed about 8.45. could not keep my eyes open! guess it's a good thing as I got good sleep and was able to wake up for the run.  Not looking forward to the presentation today, but at least it will be over and done with. wont' get home from travels till about 7 or 7.30pm.

OJ: hope there's no traffic on the way home for you! hang in there till the weekend!

MA: sorry about C waking up so often last night! hope he doesn't do it again!

taylor: hang in there during your super long day!

SassySparky

Jewel - actually was just going to post a review. Yes I love the 210. The GPS seems really accurate, the watch is small and comfortable to wear, it was really easy to set up. Also, I like the display. The total distance and pace are smaller and the total time is larger and in the middle. I tend to look at my watch a lot and so this really helps me not stress about paces. The pace seems more stable, too; either that or I instantly improved my ability to maintain a pace overnight! Safe travels today!

Taylor - nice job getting 8 done by 6:30! Wow! That is a long day, good luck making it through!

MA - good job taking another day off! sorry C was up so much. Enjoy your day!

RR: Did 5 with 3 at tempo! My new tempo paces are 8:07 - 8:24. I was a little slow to warm up (I really need almost 2 miles these days), so my tempo miles were 8:48, 8:44 and 8:25. I had trouble waking up today because of NRR.

NRR: Another sleepless night! This time fell asleep after 1:30, so my 5:30 alarm was not a welcome sound. Ugh. I felt tired when I went to bed so didn't take a melatonin. When 12:20 rolled around and I still hadn't fell asleep I took half of one.  This seems to always happen on Monday nights, I just lay awake stressing about work and everything I need to get done. So yeah, my to do list is LONG at work. I just need to write it all down, get it on the calendar and do it. Big experiment today! Nothing major tonight just getting some work done and I'll FINALLY have time to watch the Justin Timberlake (+ NSync) thing from the VMAs. Joking

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

lizo_77

sassy: I'm with you on the writing it all down and keeping track of what needs to be done that way. If I don't write it down, I tend to stress out more. good luck getting it all done and hope you get some make up sleep tonight!

LucyBelle

Good morning!

RR: About to head out for a run with my sister.

NRR: Not much new to put here. Really beginning to see how busy CRF is going to be with school. Out all day and then once he comes home it's studying and prep and basically holing up in his office. Undecided Ah well. It'll be worth it in the end. I'm definitely going to have to take up the slack in household stuff and cooking, which isn't my forte, so hopefully I'm up to the task. After all, soon I'm going to be his WIFE. Hahaha.

Jewel: Oh my goodness until you mentioned it I had totally forgotten it was a long weekend! Hooray! Hope you don't hit traffic today!

MArunner: Oh man C. That's a lot of waking up! But only 3 more days till you won't have to rush to get ready and out the door in the morning after bad nights, right!?!?

Taylor: I feel for you with those long days! Good luck!

Lizo: Good luck with the presentation today! I'm sure you will do great with it and be relieved when it's done!

Sassy: Oh yuck to a sleepless night! I hope there's enough coffee out there for you today to stay awake!

Alright off to run!

melrunner

Morning girls. Happy Tuesday.

Sassy, great job on your tempo run! Hope you can get some sleep tonight.

MA, I hope your foot pain goes away.

Jewel, safe travels.

Lizo, great job on your run. How is your ggrandma?

Taylor, we are mileage twins today. I hope your day flies bye.

Lucy, I enjoy your run with your sis. Do you two live close bye?

TriR, 8 miles tonight.

NtriR, massage was amazing and Indian food even better. Gotta head out.

Have a great day!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 8 road miles. It was supposed to be an easy pace, and maybe it was, but I felt like I was going faster than I should. Then some cyclist yelled at me for being on the wrong side of the trail because he was passing me during the .002 miles I happened to be over there. Whatever.  ST tonight.

NRR: I pass that report off for senior review last night!! I am so excited!!! A great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Yes I still have to work this week (going into the office today, actually), but the bulk of my work is complete! Weekends will be mine again!!!  If everything goes as planned, Fay and I will head out of town after my run on Friday morning to go camping and do NOTHING!!

Jewel - Same here, August was a freaking blur!  Safe travels home today.

MA - I hope you get some sleep tonight!

Taylor - Ugh long day..sorry. Is your marathon down in IN?

Lizo - Good luck on your presentation today, and safe travels!

Sassy - I hear you on all points. I've started taking melatonin no matter what, about 30 minutes before I want to go to bed. Especially on Mondays, because I may feel tired but my brain is racing with what all I need to accomplish during the week. +1 to writing everything down, too..getting it down on paper gets it out of my head.

Lucy - Have fun improving your domestic skills!  :P

Mel - Yay for massages! I go in again tomorrow morning. I need my IT bands worked on in the worst way.

NorCal

Morning girls!

RR. Track workout tonight. Not sure what workout I'll do, kind of depends on my piriformis issue!

NRR. Training my replacement at work today, nothing else going on.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

Meli: Yes, this is the sister who was living in South Carolina, and she moved back up here 3 weeks ago!! She bought a house that is less than 6 miles from my apartment. It's awesome! Indian food and a massage sounds heavenly. I'm trying my hand at making an Indian dish this week.

Outwest: YAY for handing off the report! What a relief! I love that you and Fay go camping together.

NC: Is having nothing much going on a good thing? Do you get to relax?

Alright, off to work some more. I only ran 2.5 miles this morning and I'm WAY hungrier than I should be. 12:45 and I'm nearly out of food...uh oh...

melrunner

I am starving and DH packed two small pieces of bread for a sandwich and I already ate one.

Lucy How is the best man doing? Wasn't he dx with leukemia?

NC hope track goes well to tonight.

OWR yay for handing in the report what a relief!!!