Womens Running

wishfully warm weekend (over 40) (Read 17 times)

ginnyb

Sigh....yes wishing.

Was sick yesterday, woke up in the middle of the night on Thursday and knew something was up!  Intestinal problems...yuck!  Feeling pretty good this morning.

Chill factor somewhere in the - teens....lovely.  I should get to the gym and use the TM, but will probably do my DVD.  2 basketball games again today with 11 yr.old GD.  I do love watching her play.

Marjorie...not sure it makes me feel better that your trees are budding, makes me feel jealous.  Long way away from anything budding around here.

Soaring Skillet Saturday, I loved that Karen!

Camille...Yay on the run!  I don't think i will even attempt your exercise.

Damaris...glad you got some rain....want some snow?

Lc...I think a lot of us are stuck on the 4 miles....I need to start upping mileage, but I have to do that darn TM to do it and I just haven't been able to force myself to do it.

Making spaghetti sauce and lasagna dinner for tomorrow.  It was my DH's 65th on Thursday and the kids are coming over.  I better start running off the calories now!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Yes, send snow!

I have not run much lately but I ran 6 last night.  We did a bike ride Thursday and it went fine (we almost got killed by an asshole but we felt fine throughout).  I leased a new car on Wednesday and some asshole did not know how to break at a light and hit me from behind 2 days later.  It's only a tiny ding but I am pissed!

That's all that's going on with me.  Kitties are fine.  Trixie has a follow up in 3 weeks to see if she has a normal liver.  She is so close I hope it's her final visit before her annual checkup.

Surgery is in 6 days!

Ginny, sorry about the GI stuff.  It's warm here, if that gives you comfort.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Woot Woot I ran 5 freezziinnngg miles outside this morning   It's actually a beautiful morning but was 3 degrees so I had frosted eyelashes.  The cold must have been motivating though, because I ran about an 8:50 pace lol.

Ginny - Yuck on the sickness, that is the worst (though at least usually short lived) - enjoy the basketball games!

Damaris - oh no on the accident!  I would be so mad, too.  My work partner calls everyone assholes when they are driving like idiots on the bad roads, it it totally fitting and cracks me up every time

My boys start indoor soccer today, this will be the first time my oldest DS has played since his broken wrist/surgery in September (first game of outdoor season).  Hopefully, this season will be much less dramatic lol.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

7.2 miles. Now at the puppy pool.

Ginny hope oped it warms up soon

Damaris surgery is soon!  GL

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Marjorie!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pool and Errands done. Now can just relax.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Disappointing 5K for me this morning. Somehow managed to hold on to 2nd place in my AG so I guess I wasn't the only one off my game. Now need to do some chores and figure out what I'm making for dinner. I really just want to lounge around and do nothing.

Ginny, glad you're feeling better. Enjoy the BB games.

Damaris, that stinks on the car! DH had his new car less than a week when a woman tried to turn left from the right lane and smashed into him, so I understand the frustration. Nice run and bike and YAY surgery!!

Laura, I was complaining that I couldn't warm up in my race today and it was 28. I don't do 3. Impressive!

Hi Marjorie!

Got an email from my dad. He's 76 and had cataract surgery yesterday. The replaced the lens with a corrective one (same surgery I had except they didn't have to take out the cataract on me). He has the other eye scheduled in two weeks, and then should be able to go without glasses for the first time since he was 10 years old! I got my poor eyesight from him - we are both considered legally blind without glasses. It will be weird to see him without glasses. I'm excited for him.

DH and I decided that when I'm in Florida end of March for my spring meeting, he's going to go too and then we're going to drive over to Naples and see his uncles for a few days. He has leave left over from last year that he has to burn by the end of first quarter, and I just want to see warm weather. Should be nice.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hoping that you cold folks get your wish for warmer weather!  I'm delighted we're having a cold, drizzly weekend since every drop of rain is greatly needed.  DH and I did a short run this morning then will do a long run tomorrow.   Heading up to visit my Dad this afternoon.

GinnyB, hopefully the GI problem is over and gone!  Sounds like a yummy dinner for your DH's birthday.

Damaris, how aggravating about the idiot dinging your new car.  I'm not big on bike riding, at least not on streets, because there are so many bad drivers out there.

LC, yikes, that's cold!  But what a blazing pace!  I bet the snow was melting as you flew by.

Marjorie, relaxing sounds like an excellent plan.  What's next on the house project list?

Karen, maybe not your best 5k but still sounds pretty darn fast to me!    Nice AG award.

Hi to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

I did my half mile run at the park! It felt great, but I sweated with even that-might be a long road back.   I am so ready to hit a trail or quiet road.  I also walked about 2.5 miles and did my exercises.

Marjorie, I'm glad you think that exercise is hard. I got thru them, but had to keep touching L foot down and boy, I felt the burn. I hope you're having a relaxing weekend after your late travel night.

Laura, you get tough forumite of the day here for your chilly run!  I hope your son has a better season.

Karen, I'm sorry it wasn't the race you hoped for, but congrats on 2nd in AG!  Sounds like the trip to Florida is a winning plan.

Demaris, what a bummer on the new car dent. I guess it'll be a relief to have your surgery finished.  Good luck!  It's not a great Valentine celebration though.

Ginny, I'm glad you're better! I hate stomach upsets.

Gatsby, I'm glad you're getting rain.  BTW, I'm with you on riding bikes on the road-it's scary. My DD bike commutes and people yell at her regularly. I wish she wouldn't do it, though I appreciate that it's a green way to travel and fits exercise into her busy life.

Cindy, if you're reading, are you going for the Tar Heel 10 miler? I signed up last year when the price was such a steal and I'd like to be ready, but it's pretty iffy.

Lisa, thought of you yesterday when I got a note about the Georgia Death Run.  You mentioned it last year. I'm going to pass this year...and every year.

Karen, that's a race for you and Tessa!

I took my car in for oil change and rotation and was told I need new tires. I only have 45,000 on them (60,000 warranty) and they've been rotated religiously.  He said they could probably return the tires and get $50 or so back. However, I don't want that brand again  and will probably buy  new Michelin's on sale at Costco.  Not sure how/if  I'll deal with the return. After that,  on my way home, all the warning lights came on. They apparently just bumped the air sensor, which happened last time, too.  There went the afternoon!

On a happy note, we're going into the city to see Book of Mormon tomorrow. I'm so happy we got tickets!   I'm really looking forward to it.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I ran an 8K this morning and had a really good race. I was hoping to run between 44:30 and 44:50, and I wound up running it in 41:38, which works out to an 8:23 pace. And it was good enough for 3rd overall masters female! I've never placed overall like that, although it wasn't a very big race. I was really pleased, especially since I haven't been doing any speedwork lately, and I was also pleased with how good I felt. I was running hard but never felt like "Oh my gosh, I'm about to die."  My target race is a 10-miler in April, so I think I'm off to a good start.

Damaris - bummer about someone dinging your new car.

Karen - nice job on the AG place, even if you were off your game. The weather gods smiled on me today - it was supposed to be 40 and raining, but the rain held off and it was actually great racing weather.

Marjorie - it's so frustrating that speed can take so long to come back.

Lisa - forensic club sounds cool!

Laura - wow, that's cold. How many layers did you have on?

Ginny - I'm with you, I'm so ready for spring, and we haven't had it nearly as bad as you guys have. I hope you enjoyed the BB games - both of my two younger boys lost their final games of the season.

Gatsby - glad you're getting some much-needed rain.

Camille - yes, I'm doing the Tar Heel 10-Miler again. We're making it a girls' weekend - the girl who was with me last year, plus two other friends. I'm looking forward to it.

Off to get DS1 ready to go to a movie with a friend. Enjoy your Saturday night-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

Big news!  It's snowing!!!!!   Cripes!

Cindy....good job on your race!  I think i can safely say that I am not going to improve anymore...I just want to be able to keep running!  I have had more aches and pains this last year than I have ever had.

karen...I know you were disappointed, but 2nd in AG is nothing to sneeze at.  Good job as far as I am concerned.

BB games were both good.  GD is really becoming quite a BB player.  She is the only girl who plays on the team at the YMCA and she can give those boys a run for their money.  Proud Grandma...sorry.  DH and I took her between games today and bought her BB shoes, she had been wearing just plain old running shoes...she was excited.

ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Ladies,

Another 5 outside  today, different route than yesterday.  We got about an inch of snow and it was really pretty outside.  My legs are feeling it, though!

Karen - sorry the 5k was disappointing though I think your time is awesome!

Gatsby - hope you had a nice run today.  My pace was quite a bit slower today with the snow LOL

Camille - cars are soooo frustrating!  Nice job on the run yesterday!

Cindy - wow, that is a great 8k time!  I should have had another layer on my legs as they looked sunburned when I got home.  Today was a balmy 11 degrees lol

Ginny - glad you enjoyed the games yesterday.  I am over the snow, as well.  We've been spared the last couple of storms but I'm sure more is coming ugh

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 miles. Very happy my pre injuries pace is pretty much back.

Weather was really nice for the run.I'm   fighting a potential cold. So far my tonsils are winning the battle. I hope they continue their battle. So far the nose hasn't gotten stuff and the sore throat isn't terrible.

Damaris boo on getting the car blemish. I'd cry if someone hit mine.

Karen well done. I'm sure the weather impacted too? GL to dad!

Gatsby I have some more painting to do as I want to repaint the kitchen and the downstairs half bath.  The big project is a custom closet and them redoing the pantry. That will be done in a few months.

Camille le it was relaxing. Needed since having this potential cold thing.  I'm really hoping it doesn't go to full cold. Travel and having a cold sucks. I will be in Nashville most of this week

Cindy what a great time

Laura I'm sure you are tired of snow. I would be!

Marjorie

ginnyb

Well I went outside again this morning, about 3 inches fresh snow, and did 3 miles.  A lot of fast walking this morning, it's hard getting through this stuff.  One of my daughter's friends live down the street from us and apparently she saw me running today, took a picture and posted it on my daughter's timeline on facebook....captioned "  look at your mom, such dedication"   I am sure most think I am crazy!

Karen I think you mentioned the other day that you are 3-5 pounds over running weight.....me too!  At least!  Darn it, I can't stop eating.  Sometimes I have so much willpower and the past few months I haven't had any!

Ginny

Biggest Loser Half Marathon in Mobile this morning.  I was 2nd in my AG!!  PR BABY!!  1:57:26!!!!  I am so excited.  One of my running buddies ran with me till mile 8 and then bailed for a potty break.  I caught the 9 mile pace group leaders (they lost their entire group) and ran the last few miles with them around 8:40 pace.  My coach gave me a plan:  Miles 1-3 @ 9:20, then 9:10.  Mile 11+ drop the hammer.  She also had me fuel 30 minutes prior, miles 4, 8, 12.  Really helped.  I felt good at the end of the race.

Gina from BL season ??? was on my left in the pic.  Yes, the age group awards were dinky ribbons and blank certificates like you get in elementary school.  The promised "nutrition" stop around mile 9 was not there.  Glad I brought my own gels.  They did have plenty of water and gatorade stops, about every 1.5 miles.  Really small crowd.  Weather was great!  around 45F at start, warmed up to mid 50s maybe.

I am really excited.  My last sub 2 was three years ago.  Today was about 30-40 seconds faster.  Smile