Womens Running

We HEART the WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Yay for weekends!

Kathryn, Lisa and Diana..HOPE YOU ARE CRUSHING! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.4 easy miles for me. Core in about an hour.

Good run! Felt like NOTHING compared to the mileage I have been putting in the last few weeks. Not going to lie - it is 54 out there with dewpoint in the 40's..and it felt pretty good. Shorts and a tee! As long as it isn't humid, I am good! I have 2 more days of some light speed work next week followed by some easy miles. I think I am going to cut the speed work out. My achilles has been more grumpy than usual..going to take it easy on her for the last few runs!

I can't believe I am almost a week out from race day! Still get nervous! I dont mind it Smile You guys might mind my rambling. LOL.

We have some errands to run today and I think HCBF is going to see his parents. They both have colds so I said..NOPE. I am not risking it..I am too close to race time! Thats okay, I have been binge watching "The Crown"..anyone watch that?!

Diane - I hope you are feeling better today!

Karen - DUH LIZ! Sorry, I knew you had something the same weekend I did but for some reason I saw Mississippi Marathon, 2018 in your signature and I was like huh? I obviously didnt read the next part. FACE PALM. The weather for it sounds pretty good for TX. My weather will be very similar. Isn’t Riley a little big to be a lap dog?! Smile Awesome on your volunteering. I am so surprised that a dog was still going strong 50 miles in! He must be trained well! Have fun with your group today!!

Happy Weekend!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh, and for those who asked about the timeline on the job - they told me they want someone ASAP (they always say that) - so I am thinking I should hear something next week. CROSSING FINGERS.

Kilmisters

Rest day for me. I woke up at noon (thank you, K!); then gulped down 3 light beers w/o leaving the bed (thank you, DH!) and realized this is simply NOT going to be a day for a run Big grin Honestly, tho, tomorrow is an important game (if we win, we make play-offs; if we don't, well... It's not up to us anymore but other results), and I am way overthinking this, meaning - how long should I run... At what time... Should I at all... This is just the reality of trying to combine running w important games. Season will end in 6wks, then it will be all about running. Smile Honestly, tho, this rest day is half laziness, half floorball.

Lizzie, wow, just a week left!? What time is the race? I mean, exact start time. The odds are it's around midday LV time, so I will have my fingers crossed Smile

GOOD LUCK CANYON RACERS!!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Baby it's COLD outside.  18 min countdown...

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Kat - good luck and stay warm!!

Good luck to Lisa, Diana, Damaris, Carol and all of our racers!

Lizzie - So glad the interview went well, I hope they get back with you soon!!  Wow, I can't believe your race is one week out!!

Elina - I like the way you spend your rest days!!

4.3 outside morning miles for me...looking to be a beautiful day, it was about 36 when I was out there and no wind!  I am going to start Half training on Monday (race is 5/26), I am so happy that I can get outside more often now.

Just doing some stuff around the house today, need to work on getting the basement stuff done, I was already planning on going through tubs, etc but since the rain on Tuesday, everything is kind of in the middle of the room.  I also need to start my taxes this weekend, bleh.

Good morning!  Hope Damaris, Lisa, Kat and Diana are having fun!  I’m doing a 34k today for fun.  But WTH, it’s 33 degrees!

Tessa, the Swedes have a name for picking up trash while running. Called “plogging,” from “plocka upp” (Swedish for picking up).  Read it in the WAPO. Didn’t know it was a trend!

Ok starting soon, must leave this warm car...

Catch up witheveryone later.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

11 for me this morning. 4 with one of the guys in my group, the rest by myself. There were only three of us this morning and the other two were only running 8. It's hot and humid and windy here, so glad the weather is supposed to be better next Saturday. DH drove over to Austin last night so he could race his bicycle this morning. So last night when I went to bed, Riley was barking at every little noise. I did not sleep well. There is most likely a nap in my future today!

Isn’t Riley a little big to be a lap dog?! Smile

Yes, yes he is. He doesn't seem to think so though.

Big day of racing today - assuming Damaris and Carol have both finished the Disney 10k and are "hydrating" for tomorrow's half, and Margaret is crushing her trail race. Lisa, Kathryn and Diana I hope are all moving well (and now Lisa can stop worrying about that first 5.3 miles!!!) and enjoying the beautiful views along the way.

Liz, I think if you don't get nervous before a race, you aren't pushing yourself. I still get nervous before 5Ks. Your weather this morning sounds like the forecast for my race Saturday, so I'm glad it didn't seem horrible. I was a sweaty mess after my run this morning, but it didn't seem too bad at the time. Then I got on fb and saw all these running friends posting about how miserable it was out there.

Elina, rest day sounds like a good idea. Sometimes you just have to be lazy, and with an important floorball game coming up, I'd err on the side of laziness today!

Laura, nice run. Hope you get a lot accomplished this weekend. I knew with me quitting my job back in March of last year and DH not changing his withholding that we'd get a big refund this year, so I've already filed taxes and gotten said refund!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi everyone, migraine gone so got in 8 on the TM.  Tomorrow is 14 or 16 depending on how I feel.

Damaris, I got the stained glass kit in yesterday and it's so beautiful.  I plan to wear it to my June race cause I know that one will be hot.

Karen I've used the Excedrin in the past but it's an NSAID and with my kidneys I can't afford to take them so I take the tylenol and even that only in extreme cases.

Supposed to go out to the Japanese steakhouse later so I can get some shumai and some sake too...lol.

Can't wait to read the RR from everyone.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Bailed at 22, ok with it.  More later.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! Good thing because it is because it is 54 degrees outside with 53 dewpoint. Ugh.

Did the usual adulting yesterday. It actually turned out to be a really nice day - 70's and the sun was out! Its back to raining today.

We dont have any plans. I have some things to do here and HCBF might head over to a meeting but other than that..we will be lounging! I need to find a sushi place in Newport News! I read that they are going to have chili at the finish line . Who craves chili after running a marathon?! I told HCBF we will have to stop somewhere on the way home to eat..of course he suggested Waffle House. 

I can't believe I will be running another marathon this time next week. Woop woop! A little scared. HAHA. Its weird because right now at this moment..I dont feel like running 26.2 miles. LOL. I am sure that will change with all the rest this week.

Kilmisters - I was laughing so hard yesterday when I read that DH brought you beer in bed. LOL. Man, talk about a great husband! LOL. I understand your theory with the rest day and floor ball. Like you said, in 6 weeks it can be all about the running. Don’t push it! Smile The race starts at 7am eastern time! I like the early starts.

Laura - Which half are you doing? Yay! I noticed that it was getting lighter outside earlier and I thought of you Smile I hope you are able to get some lazy time in this weekend along with all the adulting Smile

Margaret - Plogging? LOL. A 34K for fun?! Hope it went well!! Smile 33 degrees sounds awesome BTW.

Karen - Ruger tries to be a lap dog..he isn’t as big as Riley but 23lbs is a little much to be laying on my lap. My legs start sweating haha. Nice job on the run today! Is anyone else in the group doing Woodlands? How did DH do? Oh, I meant to ask you..are you planning on racing Woodlands? I think a couple weeks ago you said you might save that for Boston? Hope you got some nap time in!

Diane - YUM Japanese steak house sounds so good. Did you end up going? Nice job getting the miles in the other day even though you weren’t feeling real well. Hope you are feeling better today!

Kathryn - I am excited to read how it went!!! 22 miles is awesome!!!

Sandy - Did you run long this weekend? Hope you are enjoying your birthday weekend!

I can't wait to hear about the race yesterday! Have a great Sunday everyone!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket, I meant to tell you I hope you are having a great time in Disney with the girls!! Looks like an awesome trip Smile

Seloc

Hi ho hi ho and happy weekend to all!!  11mi on Friday that were HARD.  We got about 5 inches of snow overnight Thurs so it felt like we were running in sand the entire way.  Helped push a kid out, avoided the plows and the dumb driver going too fast that almost spun into us.  Temps were fine in the mid-20s but whew it wiped me out.  Probably, too, because I was running with fastie.  Then pedicures then a couple beers.  It was a LOVELY day off work!  Why are weekdays with no work so much more enjoyable??  Yesterday all I did was chores.  Legs were sore from Fri.  Another 6 inches of snow yesterday so another snowy run today.  Managed 6mi.  It is BRIGHT out there!  All you experiencing early spring - color my jealous.  There is WELL over a foot of snow out my door.  Meeting injured RB for a walk here shortly and then just relaxing.  I really need to go to the grocery but ugh.  Maybe I just won't eat this week haha

Diana, Kat and Lisa - WOOHOO congrats on AC!!  Wow wow wow.  Can't wait to hear all about it.

Damaris - love all on the Insta and FB pics!  Looks like a super fun time.  Man, that's my favorite - racing and drinking with pals.  Thumbs up!!

Gatsby - and congrats to you!  Interesting race distance but gorgeous.  I would give anything for 33* and no snow.

Elina - congrats on the big win!!  Super smart to prioritize floorball over running right now.  I, too, had to laugh about the beers in bed.  Even I have never done that!!  LOL  But, I highly approve!!

Lizzie - I am so SO excited for your race next weekend.  AND for the possibility of the new job!!  Everything is crossed!!  Oh, and cookies for breakfast are the new thing 

Laura - hooray for outside miles!  I didn't want to today but am so glad I did.  Hope you got some relaxing time in yesterday, too!

Karen - taper time for you, too!  I bet you surprise yourself next weekend.

Diane - hope you are feeling better and good luck with your 14 or 16

Okay, gotta boogie.  Then I suspect it'll be an afternoon on the couch.  Mich St vs WI in MBB.  Maybe I'll take some pics of the white crap to share.  

Trail race done in 4:22:12.  A lot of slogging up hills (with just a little plogging along the way  ).  Over 4000' of elevation gain, basically uphill all the way out, and downhill all the way back.  Builds character!  And good hill training!  By my watch, it was 21.75 miles, so more like 35k, but who's counting.

Will do a short easy run this morning, eventually, after more coffee and time-wasting.

Kat, as I was shivering in the 33 degree temps yesterday morning, I was thinking about you guys doing AC.  (And we didn't have the sand and slippery slopes and difficult footing like at AC!).  Interested in hearing more about your race if you feel like sharing.

Well done to Lisa on her 50 yesterday.

mn2az, hope you had a good day.

I know Damaris had fun races this week, judging from the pics on FB!

Lizzie, only 1 more week till your race!  Wheee!  You've had such a solid training cycle.  Keep the nerves at bay!  You will do great!  Laughing at your comment about chili... they served chili after my race yesterday and it was SO GOOD!  Maybe because it was cold out.  And I also have a stomach of iron and can eat pretty much anything, at any time.

Karen, just realized your race is next weekend too!  I think you said earlier that you haven't done as much training as you planned, but hey, fresh legs can make up for a lot!  I'm pretty sure no dog considered himself too big to be a lap dog.

Kilmisters, beer in bed?!  Three cheers to your DH.  You can tell him we are impressed!

DHuff, nice 8 yesterday.  Good luck on the LR today!

Seloc, sounds like you had a fabulous day off on Fri.  I'd be happy to trade weather any time.  Would love to see some snow!

Ok, DH wants to head out now so I'm going to scoot.  BBL!

For anyone not on FB, here's the mountain from my trail race yesterday:

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Happy Sunday!

3.5 outside, we have a wind advisory in effect so it was challenging on the way out, kind of nice on the way back because it pushed me home LOL.  I got the basement put back together yesterday, then had some relaxing time.  BF and I went to dinner, I had a gift card to use up.  Today, I am going to work on my taxes, bleh.  I use Turbo Tax so it's not too bad since most of my info is already there.  I just don't like doing it LOL.

Margaret - you are amazing doing that distance for 'fun'!  I think 3-4 miles is fun LOL!

Karen - nice 11, especially in those conditions.  Did you get a nap in?

Diane - oh no on the migraine!  Hope you are feeling better today!

Kat - 22 is awesome!  Looking forward to reading about it!

Lizzie - we had sushi last week in Florida, well BF had it and I tried a piece, it was very good.  It was our last  night there and he and I went  to a brewery which was also part of a sushi place.  We didn't go there for dinner so I wasn't hungry but it tasted good!  TWD starts back up tonight!!

Sandy - wow that is some serious running in the snow.  Ours is gone, I would like to say it's gone for good, but I know better!  I just had to look out for black ice this morning since the wind was blowing so hard and there are lots of puddles.  No real problems, though.  Enjoy the rest of your day!!