Womens Running

Over 40 weekends in weekends out (Read 19 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good luck Lisa and Ginny

anyone else?

I'm off to run. It decided now to start raining. Will be cooler than if it was just still hot stickiness. Dh got home late yesterday so I didn't get up at 5. 6 was good enough Smile. Puppy pool later.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

Marjorie - Hope you have a good run and enjoy the puppy pool.

I have been MIA just due to change in work schedule, I leave an hour earlier and am not always on the computer in the morning.  I am loving this new 4 day schedule (3 days last week with the Monday holiday).

I have been running regularly, was able to do two a days last week M-Th.  Not a ton of mileage at a time, but 5 ish per day.  Heading out in a bit for a few miles (6ish) then a full afternoon of soccer for my younger son.  I'm not training for anything at this moment, so just enjoying getting out there.  Was so humid yesterday, nice and cool today

Edited to add Good Luck to Ginny and LIsa

6,2 very pleasant miles for me this morning

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. Rain drizzled from time to time but mostly just sticky. At least the sun wasn't out. Came home did laundry. Now at the puppy  pool. Dh got called back to work so just me and the pups.

Laura nice to see you!

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 and weights tonight.  Last night's run was in the 100s but didn't feel that bad.  Mostly because I was almost walking I was so slow, ha.

Marjorie,  nice run.

LC Runs, nice run.  Sorry work interfered.

Lisa, Ginny, good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Laura, nice to see you. I've been wondering how you like the longer days.  Glad it's working out.

Marjorie, it was nice of you to be quiet later so hubby could sleep. Sounds like it was a long day yesterday.

Demaris, I'm glad you got in your miles, despite the pace.

I ran 50" this a.m. It's cool but 98% humidity. I wore my Garmin for the first time in months.  It verified my fear. I have really slowed down and have work to do. Oh, well.

I'm hiking at Arctic Valley ski area this afternoon with hiking buddy and we'll probably climb Rendezvous Peak. I don't know if it's a good idea to climb the same day I run, but find the opportunities and hills on nice days irresistible and believe they're great aerobic workouts.

Have a great day!

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out early this morning for 15 miles. I'm glad we went early - it was humid and getting warm the last couple of miles. I'm pretty pleased with how I'm feeling - some aches and pains but nothing I wouldn't expect with the increased mileage. I've been going to Bodyflow at the Y, and I'm hoping that will help some of my inflexibility and runner's imbalances.

One question I do have - what do you use for chafing? My Bodyglide doesn't seem to be holding up under the increased mileage in the heat. I've got a couple of sore spots after today's run. I'd like to stay away from Vaseline or anything else that will stain my clothes.

Lisa and Ginny - nice pics on FB from the trail half! Can't wait to hear about it.

Karen - boo on the foot. I think I might have caught mine early, and I'm being diligent about rolling them.

Marjorie - to answer your questions from a couple of days ago, the boys seem to be settling into school pretty well. DS1 hasn't really had much in the way of homework yet, so I'm sure that will be an adjustment when it hits. DS2 has started baseball, so that's a big time commitment.

Laura - I think it's a good thing to take a break from training for something specific now and then.

Damaris - that's hot!

Camille - I loved your description of your hike. Sounds beautiful!

Off to get some dinner ready. Have a great Saturday night-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - wow, 700 miles on shoes...that is amazing!!!  Hope DH is home safe & sounnd from fire.

Laura - Glad you are enjoying your 4 days of work!

Ginny - can't wait to see if you enjoyed the trail half!  Congrats!B

Lisa - I'm sure you ENJOYED showing Ginny all about trail running!

Camille - your hiking sounds wonderful.

Cindy - When is your marathon?

Karen - Boooo on the foot.  Hope it heals soon!

Damarias - Running in the 100's...can't even imagine!

up early and heading off to a 23 miler training run in the trails about 90 miles away.  Going to be a beautiful fall day Smile

I'm just going to let the pics speak for themselves...

BEFORE race...

I called a 4 hour time for the run.

During race...

Stopping to "smell" the flowers..

Ginny's first fallen tree...(far from her last of the day though)

Ginny? Ginny?  Wait up!!!

And for the true Run Mudstock experience...

"On your honor turn around point"... as well as a side trip into the woods.

Our "too fast for normal photography" finish as captured by Susan..(note smile on face)

Finish time of 4:01.

And... AFTER race!

Smiling and feeling the peaceful vibes of a very enjoyable run in the woods among trailers!

Followed by a trip to Hell..

May not be Paradise (that's in Northern Michigan) but they do make a good Cheeseburger! Served in a coffin container.

Susan-we missed getting a pic of you!! Thank you for coming out to cheer us on at the finish!

Then on to continue to replenish our electrolytes and sodium levels..

Fun times!! And no falls!  I'll let Ginny give a RR on how her friend helped her learn to do bad things in the woods and basically go to Hell this weekend.

Lisa

camille2

Ginny and Lisa, I love the pics!    I esp like the mud  pic...makes you look tough.

We did the hike, but even though it was only 20 min from our sunny town, it was completely socked in and we couldn't see a thing from the top.  There were still nice fall colors. I may run up that way again this afternoon, but on a flatter trail.

ginnyb

Just got home from Detroit.  I cant tell you how great the run was!  I loved the trail, so laid back, could go as slow as I wanted to without feeling like people are looking at me and wondering if I am even moving!  The woods were gorgeous,  I even did ok on the hills, no cramping!  Everyone is so friendly,  It was just an awesome experience.  I will do a race report later.

Thanks Lisa, for posting all the pictures.  We do look happy at the end and we were!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Happy Sunday!

Marjorie -  nice 10.1 yesterday!

Damaris - wow, that is hot, I had a heck of a time Friday with the humidity.  I like that kind of weather, just not running in it!

Camille - oh, I bet that hike is gorgeous, hope you had fun!  Edit: awe, too bad about the fog, it would have been so pretty!

Cindy  - great job on the 15!  I use body glide, but not consistently.  I hate chafing, too!

Hi Carol - great day for a long run!  What marathon are you doing?  I like how you put a positive spin on my work schedule...I typically look at it at as how  much I love the 3 days off!

Lisa and Ginny - awesome job and I love the pics!!

6.6 miles for me this morning, I drove up to a county road about 10 miles from my house...I forgot how hilly it is lol.  Legs are tired but I did meet my goal of 40 miles this week, highest in a while!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 11.5. Paced dh running 1.5 then 10 on my own. Dh did well. He hasn't been running but with me pushing him he got under 13 min miles While it wasn't far it was good for him and he hasn't run 12:52 miles in a really long time. It was very slow. But if I hadn't been with him he'd have been over 14 min miles and he would not have run as far. Very happy for him. It was also really hot with the sun blaring so he was drenched

(With my cool down and the half mile cool down walk for dh I'm around 12.6 for the day. I just don't count walking in my work out totals.)

Used my new shoes. It rained around mile 7 so they got wet. They are stuffed with newspaper now.

Nice  race Ginny  and Lisa!  Be back in a bit

Marjorie

Hi all,

Quick post before I get back to preparing for lecture tomorrow and helping DS with his homework.

I really enjoyed coming out to see Lisa and Ginny yesterday. Would have only been better if I had decided to run with them.  Next year... maybe FE and we can get several of us out there... fun weekend of camping, races, and music. 

Ran 3.4 miles this morning at local county park on the trails.  Beautiful morning to be out.  Low humidity and temps in the 60s.  Finally!!!!  (yeah, I shouldn't complain, should I?)

The friend that ran the Kensington Marathon with me is trying to get me to do Big Apple.  Its a 4 mile loop in an apple orchard.  You can run for 3,6, or 12 hours.  Told DH about it this am... comment was useless.  Argh!!!  Have to admit, his attitude doesn't please me. Still debating doing it.  Would be fun, no real pressure, and I can just run/walk and enjoy it.  Thoughts???? 

Well back to work.  Sorry for not doing personals.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  I'm so behind!  Did 6 miles with hubby last night and 18 this morning between 90-101F and 80 dewpoint.  It's a miracle my asthma didn't make a peep.  Great run, though.

Camille, nice job on the run!

Cindy, good luck with the Flow class.  Anything like that will help with flexibility.

Carol, hope your 23 miler went well.

Lisa, saw those pics in FB!  You and Ginny look great!  Congrats!

LC Runs, nice 6.6 this morning.  I hate the humidity.  Give me dry heat and I can manage.  This?  Ugh.  It's for days at the beach, right?

Marjorie, nice job, Marjorie and hubby!

Susan, nice run.  Good luck with the lecture!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carol I'm lucky I can get so much out if my shoes. I even wore new socks today. Feet were happy

Damaris it was fun to pace him. He wanted to stop but talked him into getting to he next palm tree then he said let's keep going.  If I'd not been there he would have stopped.

Camille sounds like a nice hike.  He did have a long day and went back in yesterday. Since he has been working hard on his food he actually did well and wasn't wanting to take a nap. I'm also pleased he ran this am. He is getting there.

Cindy have you tried aquaphor?

Ginny i think you did great

Susan you know we will say do it!  Should be fun, smell great. And if you get fresh cider after even better!

Marjorie