Womens Running

MAKE BELIEVE MONDAY DIVAS (Read 14 times)

MA runner girl

Where did Fri - Sun go? Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: SIGH. I ran 4 miles on Saturday with my BFF and my foot did not like me the rest of the weekend. SO not happy with this. It's the outside of my right foot, pretty sure it's the peroneal tendon. So bummed. My half is in 5 weeks, and I've only run up to 9 miles, THREE weeks ago. Ugh ugh ugh.

NRR: Had a good weekend. It was nice to be home, though it was pretty busy. The next month is going to be pretty insane! This weekend we are going to Maine for DH's cousin's wedding. I'm a little anxious because DH's aunt is literally insane and we haven't seen her since our wedding... where she cornered me and burst into tears in a drunken state. DH's mom - her sister - died almost 6 years ago so she was upset about that, which I understand but REALLY at my wedding? Anyways she hasn't met Cole yet and she's an alcoholic/drug addict so I'm nervous. I'm sure DH will control the situation though but I'm on edge about it.

NRR2: Last week in the office!! WEEEEE. I'm only working through Wed, and tomorrow I'm at home. So excited. My boss is off, which is weird timing, but she sent an email on Friday of what I'm supposed to do this week and I'm like Shocked Yeah OK. How am I supposed to focus on all that!?

Have a great day girls!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

gsdrunner

MA: Yay for the final week of work! I am so excited for you. The transition was a little rough for me but I didn't have family and friends in the area. So, if you need anything or to vent to another momma drop me a line. Nice job on the run!

RR: Yesterday was lifting with DH and some weighted walking up hill. Today is an easy run.

NRR: Not much, we got our second offer in. Its kind of exciting but stressful. We believe Dell will be coming back this week.  Doing some house stuff ... moving around some furniture and cleaning out the pantry.  WE gotta get back into our eating habits as we were up north. IE no processed foods/sauces/etc, no added sugar... we did great up north and lost some extra baggage AND felt great! M is doing great. She is running now and CLIMBING. When I say climbing I mean like mommy and daddy do on the mountain. Our little one is starting early!

Gotta run, running behind on the morning stuff... G&A are staring at me to walk them :/

POrun

Happy Monday! Long weekend next weekend, so at least we all have something to look forward to!

RR: Ran 7 miles on Saturday (longest run since 2012), then did 2.5 run, 35 mile bike (longest ever for me!), 2.5 run yesterday. Swam 2000yds this morning. Tonight is easy 3.5 with DH, but may take off and run tomorrow morning instead.

NRR: I have my review today... I switched jobs at my company in January, so I'm hoping it's good! Other than that, had a good weekend, and am looking forward to visiting my parents and gma this weekend in IL. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be in the high 80's/90 while we're there! I was hoping for a break from our FL weather!!!!

MA: Sorry your foot is still bothering you! I hope it gets better quickly! I'm sure you'll be able to mostly avoid DH's aunt since you'll be at a wedding with a lot of other people. Hopefully it goes well. Enjoy the last week in the office!!!

Have a great day ladies!

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

MA - I agree, the weekend flew by :-(. I'm sorry about your foot. I have had peroneal tendonitis (saw a PT for it and took time off) and found that ice dips were the best thing for it. I was able to keep running because I cut mileage and did ice dips - so a big 5 gal bucket of ice water. I put my foot in it for 30-60 seconds then took it out for ~4 minutes, and repeated that for a tv show. It sounds like an intense month but hopefully DH's aunt will be on good behavior around a kid - babies have a way of easing craziness.

GSD - G is climbing too - I look away and a second later he is sitting on a chair or the weight bench or somewhere else he isn't supposed to be!

PO - yay for 7 miles, that's great!! Wow that's a long swim! I'm actually heading to FL this weekend to visit my mom and grandparents!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: making this a habit on mondays now... didn't wake up. but. did an 11 miler on saturday in pouring, driving rain with thunder and some lightening.  A little foolish, but I wanted to get it done and it kind of felt cool and daring. Smile then did 2 on sunday with M.  tonight... we'll see. maybe a quick mile just to do something. Can't wait till the TM arrives on saturday. It will be perfect for days like today.

NRR: worked a lot over the weekend. fortunately I did it all from home so it wasn't tooo bad.  Company is making me feel better about all the extra hours by giving me stuff. Smile hey, I'll take it! They gave M and I a couple of tickets to go see the twins game September 6. So we're both taking a half day off to head to the Twin Cities. Pretty darned excited! Otherwise, normal crazy work week. Have a trip to Pierre to present to governor and lt governor and associated state staff. My boss can't make it so I'm a little nervous about doing it on my own, but I think I'll be fine as long as I prepare for it.  this weekend, M's really good friend is getting married at a winery on friday night. Treadmill arrives on Saturday, then we head up to lake on saturday till sunday. My mom wants us to come over sunday night for dinner, but I've told her we might not be back yet from the lake. I feel bad. She keeps trying to have us over and it keeps not working. argh! so I told M let's try and be back from lake on sunday night so we can get there....

MA: hope the family get together goes ok, and really hope that your DH"s aunt stays away from you all together.

gsd: awww. that's so sweet that M is running and climbing now! how she's grown!

Po: good luck with the review! I'm sure it will go great!

SassySparky

RR: Easy 3 this morning, did some with Birdie (she's been crazy lately). Did 15 on Saturday, with 7 at race pace! it went really well. Unfortunately I had a  ton of stomach issues AFTER and ended up laying on the couch in the fetal position most of the day. I think my lactose intolerance is kicking in again. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can often lessen that, and now that my hormones are evening out I think it's coming back. So I started to be dairy free as of Saturday. Totally broke it last night when we got FroYo and I will tell you, I had immediate discomfort so I really think it is the dairy.

RR2: I had a really disappointing massage yesterday. My normal MT was not available so they scheduled me with someone else. She barely got the muscles warmed up before she moved on to the next leg. I asked her a few times to use more pressure but nothing. I went home and foam rolled afterward to get some release. Anyway, it felt like a waste of my time and money. Apparently I like really deep tissue massage and trigger therapy.

NRR: We had such a nice weekend. Aside from the stomach issues on Saturday, G and I hung out a lot. Big D has a lot of work to do, so G and I did lots of fun things outside like play in his little water tub, go to the park and take long walks. He loves to be outside. He's such a sweet kid, always giving hugs and singing little songs and pointing out dogs and birds. Love him.  Now it's back to a busy work week but at least Friday will be easy! I'm coming in the morning for lab meeting, then leaving to do my long run (16 miles) and then we're flying to FL to visit my mom and her parents!

melrunner

Good morning girls!!!

very sleepy this morning!!

TriR rest day. Love Mondays off! Tough weekend workouts! spinning Friday morning and 2 mile OWS evening, 12 miles long run Saturday morning, and

92 mile bike ride yesterday. Exhausted today.

NtriR massages tonight for DH and myself then we are going out for Indian food. I'm at DMV getting license renewal right now finally as a resident. Oh and I watchec Le Mis Saturday night. Loved loved loved it but I still have another 40 min to go!!!

MA good luck this weekend at the wedding. How ackward. I also hope yor foot pain goes away.

GSD Good luck with Dell!

Sassy How was your Long run this weekend. New distance for you right??

PO good luck with your review!! Awesomeness on the long bike ride!!

LucyBelle

Good morning! Happy Monday...I guess...LOL.

RR: Well I ran 2 miles with my sister yesterday, followed by push-ups. Aiming to run with my sister every other day. Short upper body HIIT workout tonight, all I'll have time for!

NRR: 19 day to the wedding! Had my hair and makeup trial on Saturday and LOVED it, then visited the venue to draw up my seating chart. I was home alone Saturday night so I wrote out all my thank you notes from my shower. Yesterday I met with a friend and we finished half of the center pieces. We also grilled out at my parent's house yesterday with both my sisters, their DH's, and my nephew! Stupid Monday...wish I didn't have to work the next few weeks!

LucyBelle

MARunner: Ugh I am sorry about your foot...that sucks so much! Ice, ice I guess? Can you cross train at all? It's probably hard with C. Yay for your last week of work! I was thinking, I always have Thursdays off, after the wedding I will have to come and spend a day with you!

GSD: Good luck with the offers! M sounds like a little monkey!

POrun: Holy workout weekend!! Impressive! Good luck on the review today!

Sassy: Awesome job! Sorry about the stomach issues. My BFF and I have a name for that - tempo tummy! It's the worst!

Lizo: Sounds like a busy week ahead! Presenting to the governor - sounds important!!

Meli: Nice workout weekend! You deserve the rest day. Les Mis is an amazing movie!

SassySparky

Meli - wow a 92 mile bike ride?! My run went really well! I was very happy with it and even did 7 miles at race pace!! I'm still exhausted from it, so I can only imagine how tired you are!

lucy - ah yay wedding hair and make up!! It's so nice to get things like thank yous taken care of. i had a goal of doing like 3-4 a day or something.

Lizo - wahoo for treadmills! I agree, some days when I don't feel like leaving hte house (or running UP our stupid hill), knowing that I have a treadmill waiting for me is a BIG motivator.

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. Had a great 10 mile hilly run yesterday on an island in the bay between Marin and SF. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and we had 360 degree views of the whole bay area. Really amazing! BUT my piriformis, which has been acting up since last Tuesday, really didn't like the hills. I'm hurting today! Getting a massage Wednesday, wish I could get in sooner, but none of the CMTs that I see are available. Sad

NRR. Had a great weekend, but way too short since I worked Saturday and have clients today as well. But it was my last Saturday working! I train my replacement at the acupuncture office this week and I'm done on Thursday! Yay! Leaving for Mt. Shasta early Friday morning. Looking forward to some time in the mountains- running, hiking, swimming, etc.

Personals in a bit! Gotta take L out for a little hike! Smile

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Zippy 8 trail today. It was supposed to be an easy run, but I guess it was my tempo? Nothing else today. I finally got into the gym last night and it felt great. Waiting for DOMS to hit tomorrow/later tonight. That's what I dislike about an erratic schedule the most.

NRR: Working from home today and doing laundry. Worked all weekend but made some serious progress on this report. I should have it out of my hands by tomorrow morning. Really hoping I can take off of work on Friday. It'd be awesome to go camping with Fay somewhere.

MA - Sorry to hear about your foot! Can you drop from the half to a 10k?

GSD - Good luck with the job stuff.  I need to work on the added sugar thing, too. It'll be a process, though, because I don't want to just throw out the food I already have.

PO - Good luck at the review! Those things always make me so nervous. I mean, I know I do a good job but I always wonder if someone has a problem with something I did that they didn't talk to me about.

Sassy - Ugh what a crappy massage! I hate that kind. I'm big on lots of pressure, etc. Yes I want to relax but I don't need cucumbers on my eyeballs. No pain, no gain!

Lizo - Big week, huh!  I agree - working from home is better than the office.

Mel - Do you feel tired all the time? Your workouts are awesome!

Lucy - So close!  I thought about you this morning.

SassySparky

OWR - i keep avoiding ST becuse I don't want DOMS! Yeah, I love when the massage therapist uses their forearm and all of their body weight to really get at the tight spots. This one was just daintily poking me with her fingers. I have a monthly thing with Massage Envy so I can't wait to do my September massage ...

monk717

Morning girls.

RR: I ran 5 miles yesterday! I had to alternate running and walking the last half mile because it was stinkin hot. I knew it was supposed to be hot so got out at 9:30, unfortunately couldn't get out much earlier. I always think about staying up after the 5 am feeding to run on the weekend... and never do it. Anyway, it was pretty good. In spite of the walking, I didn't feel as wiped out as I did after my 4.5-miler a few weeks ago. I hydrated well during the run and I think I paced myself pretty good too. Overall I'm satisfied. Last week I ran 12 miles, which is a recent high. Also, I've logged 32.5 miles this month, which surpasses my goal of 30 and there's still another week!

NRR: Ugggh, P is waking up in the middle of the night to eat, trying to feed him more during the day. I know other mamas have dealt with worse sleep issues, but this is tough since he'd been sleeping through the night for so long. Trying to get the solids in three times a day now so hopefully that will help.

I bought my new vacuum on Saturday and tried it yesterday and I'm in love! I'm going to do much better at taking care of this one. I was able to properly vacuum the stairs yesterday for the first time in a couple years (The attachment for the old vacuum stopped working a long time ago) and they're so pretty now! Saturday we had a great afternoon walking around the botanical gardens and I got some really cute pictures of A. Yesterday we went crazy trying to get chores done because our friends were going to stop by en route home from a wedding, but they didn't come. :-( We were disappointed, but it was nice to just relax on Sunday night instead of rushing to get baths and other stuff done! DH is thrilled the kids are back in daycare this week. We had a good week overall, but its hard dealing with two kids with only one parent.