Womens Running

TaDA TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 25 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am going to wave my magic wand and make this heat go AWAY. For everyone! Hehe.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, thanks for the wanding. It October has been like one long Indian Summer.

Great race reports from you ladies! Congrats!

Gatsby Bird, DC and I had gone to the same elementary school together. Later in life we met when he handled some legal work for us.

Arimathea, I wiped the dishes almost clean before washing in the bathroom sink. I never even heard of a garbage disposal until I was married. When I was growing up we always used the sink strainer to keep the drain from clogging.

Monday’s run was a fun 45 minutes although it was really humid. There was a light mist which cooled my face and felt great. Tiny birds, squirrels and chipmunks were around, gathering and eating for the winter and darting around in the dark bushes.

Today I want to run early, then I promised to golf 9 holes with DC. He adores golf.

New garbage disposal fixed the sink leak. Having that happened made me clean out below the sink. Blessing in disguise. 

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.6 for me. Light speedwork...9x 25 second intervals with progression followed by a minute of rest. May go to the gym tonight for cross training..haven't decided yet.,

Thats a WRAP for speed work this training cycle! I have two more short and sweet runs and that is it! Still was running in a desert this morning. WTH. Not a bad run considering..but just awful out there. Temps were 76 with dewpoint at 74. I started sweating the moment I got out there. I am thankful I am in taper... I am so tired of this heat! Its making me grouchy. Hamstring was feeling a bit better today but I may skip the double just to be safe. I haven't decided yet...I wanted to burn off some extra energy but should probably rest. RESTING IS SO HARD.

The next few days at work are going to be difficult. Taper...grouchy...so..I apologize in advance!!

Cathy - When HCBF and I were discussing the weather last night, he said the humidity there is nothing like it is here. I am only stressing hard core about the humidity/rain because this is a goal race. I have NEVER had a goal race before...but with all the hard work ive done I am hoping it all pays off.  I just want everything to be perfect but there is nothing I can do about the weather.

Tessa – Did not know that about CA. Stay safe! Nice treadmill run yesterday!! Woooo!!

Kilmisters – I am still dancing. HA.

Docket – Congratulations again on an awesome race. You did it!!!! Love the race report. Sorry about the cramps! Is it hydration? OMG on the guy! I bet that was heat exhaustion..thats what I heard it described as -running like you're drunk. Awe..poor guy. What is your goal for Detroit?

Karen – So awesome about your neighbor! Soon you’ll be doing everyones training plan! How can TX be having better weather than us!? HOW?! How far are you going this week?

HuronHeart – Congratulations on the 2nd in AG!! WOOHOO!!! Nice miles yesterday, too! Are you excited for the half?! Yes, my marathon is Sunday.

I think HCBF is up to something..I am not sure what. He has been very smiley around me lately..just smiling for no reason...very interesting Wink He is back at the beach today. I was spoiled having him for 3 days. But he is only gone for 2 nights this time since we leave Friday. I am working Friday..I didn't want to use PTO since we don't leave until 7. SPEAKING of that we are flying on Friday the 13th. I am already scared to fly..I am going to need to double up my Ativan LOL.

Okay. Ugh I guess I have to do work today. Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Margaret, Eating is what I need to work on  at the Pumpkin to improve from the Hawk.  I get hot and don't want to eat and that may have contributed to the throwing up...heat and hills. Are you all ok from the fires?

Damaris, kick ass race report....wonderful job.

Kat, I still think you are a bad ass for doing Chicago...even having to pee...lol.

Lizzie, it's 52 this morning and tomorrow it will be 40 something.

Judy, nice you had that mist to keep cool. Have fun at golf.

Tessa, OMG the fires.  The weather and natural disasters this year are scary.

Huron, congrats on the AG.

Karen, you are a natural coach and everyone knows it.

Monday I was off so just rested.  Had a massage, got some groceries, mostly fruit since it doesn't last (I eat it all).  Made lasagna and garlic bread for dinner and just had a relaxing night.  Going to try for 5 but may stop at 4 tonight.  Weather stalking shows 60/81 with a 40% chance of rain.  Not fond of the rain.  If it rains then next 11 days then there will be at least one creek crossing but it's near the end.  Funny, I'm not really nervous just a little excited.  I've got a "just going to do what I can and just keep moving" attitude.  After the Hawk I know I can do this but would like to skip the throwing up part this time ...lol.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and if my calves can move, eh, 3 miles.

Lizzie, yes, please.  93F feels like here.  Take it away!  Nice run.  Not sure it was hydration since I was drinking from every place I could find and wasn't too dehydrated afterwards.  It's just something that's been going on since August, not sure why.  I am thinking I changed my gait after the Patella came off place.

Judy, enjoy golfing!

Diane, nice job on Monday.  A massage, sigh.  Mine is Thursday.  Now I want lasagna and garlic bread, sheesh.

I am still not hungry post marathon.  Have barely eaten.  Unfortunately, I have not lost weight in this endeavor, lol.  14 lbs down and counting.  Want it to go to 20lbs before the end of the year.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Howdy!

Hurricane Nate was not that big a deal.  We did not lose power, I pretty much slept through the storm.  Had lots of limbs and leaves down Sunday morning. We powered through and had the whole yard cleaned up by early afternoon.  Whew!

But----my office leaked again!!  They ripped out some of the carpeting and set up fans.  UGH

Hot and steamy this morning.  Ran 4.5 w Crazy Jeffrey, then did another mile with Skye.  She was barely trotting.

BF sails this afternoon for a couple of weeks.

PF---I think I'm developing PF!  UGH!!!  Sore foot w what feels like a marble in the middle of my arch.  I ran anyway.

Congrats Damaris and Kat!

Later!

Seloc

4 easy peasy miles for me this morning in a CHILLY 37*.  But, I still wore shorts – just for Damaris haha.  And a vest and gloves.  This should be headed towards MKE!  Hope it lasts until Sunday, Lizzie!  So so sad and scary about the fires in CA!!  Apparently this may impact Ragnar in a few weeks.  Although we did get our start time – 9am.  Not too shabby.

Cathy – yikes on the tornado!  This weather continues to be on crack.  Wellll, I TRIED to do pre-calc homework.  Really gave the brain muscle a workout.  I could not get a couple of the word problems!  And barely remembered the quadratic equation and how to factor.  I do think it’s fun, though.  Makes me feel young.  I have a B.A. in math from a liberal arts college.  You know, SUPER marketable.  #majoreyeroll  Luckily I landed in the computer industry once the Internet took off.

Gatsby! – lucky you on the day off yesterday!  Sounds like a fun adventure you had on Sunday – I love doing stuff like that.  GREAT suggestion to Kat about coming up with a positive mantra.  Sounds cheesy but I’m a firm believer in running happy!!

Ginny – awesome race on Saturday!  Champion – woohoo!  That is so cool.  For the half on Saturday – someone else mentioned dewpoint – that would be the deciding factor for me as well.  80* with a dewpoint in the low 50s is nothing.  High 60s and it sucks.  How are your Indians doing?  I haven’t really been following.  Oh!  I’m about 2/3 through The Lightkeeper’s Daughers and really enjoying it.

Lori – shoot.  Frustrating on the slowest pacer.  That’s happened to me before, too.

Tessa – awwww poor kit kats and their ear mites.  But, I did have to smile at the visual.  Sad face you have to give them back this week.  But, I know, that’s the deal and it’s SO awesome that you are able to do this!!  I just wish I was your neighbor so I could visit the little rats haha  Nice speedy lunch miles, too!!

Elina – nice run!  But, ummmmmmm, aren’t you supposed to be tapering for this weekend’s half, lady?  Oh oh on the groin muscle.  Hopefully it’s just a little niggle.

Lizzie – man, that sounds like an AWESOME day yesterday!  Run, butts and guts and then relaxing with a friend at your own house!  Plus a nap!  So glad you had an enjoyable day off.  Sweet that HCBF stayed local, too.  Okay, sorry, but I’m laughing at your frustration on lack of fall.  Only because I can TOTALLY relate!  That weather would make me cranky, too.  Pretty sure you are going to want to move to WI after this weekend.  Mark my words.  I agree, as long as the humidity is low, it won’t be bad.  So kick it out of there for me, will ya??  Yeah, I think I’m ready for another 26.2.  Oh, yes, I have never run a marathon with headphones.  For MCM I’m still trying to decide if I should run my own race or run with RB the whole time.  Will probably decide after I see the weather.  Oh!  We have until the end of the month to sign up for Fargo before the price increases.  I think my RB is interested, too!  Super excited!

Kat – how are you feeling?  Ready for another 26.2 in 11 days?!!

Damaris – huge congrats again on the Chicago!  Loved your RR.  Chicago was my very first marathon in 1999.  I was severely undertrained and hit the wall BIG time at about mile 16.  Still squeaked in under 5.  4:59Tight lippedx  ahhhhh the naivity and athleticism of youth haha.  I might have to do it again one of these years.  And, yeah, that is HOT.  Even more reason to celebrate how well you did!!

HCK – OMG yuuuuck on that dewpoint!  Let’s bring that bad boy down by next weekend, k?  Thanks!

Karen – LOL about differential equations – that was one of my favorite classes in college but there is NO WAY I could solve one now!  Haha  And, really, I barely helped the high schooler.  Those word problems are TOUGH.  Math chick here, too.  BA, in fact.  Mostly because it came easier to me than writing papers.  And, you know, super marketable in 1991.  #eyeroll  That’s awesome you are getting so many clients!!

HH – nice miles over the weekend in lovely weather.  And congrats on the AG place – another winner in our midst!!  Good luck this weekend.  Any time goals?  How’s the weather look?

Lizzie2 – THANK YOU for waving the magic wand.  Heat be GONE!!  Nice speedwork!  Sounds like you ran it perfectly.  I think you meant you were running in a rainforest – at least a desert is a dry heat, right?  LOL  Man, that suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.  And it needs to LEAVE already!!  Resting is VERY hard.  Think of it as mental training.

Judy – what a cute story about you and DC being elementary school pals!  LOL on the eye rolling re: golf.  Hope it’s at least a nice day to chase that little white ball around.  Glad you got the sink all fixed up!!

Diane – sounds like a lovely day off for you, too!  Lucky DH for a delicious dinner.  Great attitude about Pumpkin!

Damaris2 – running already??  OMG, you are a rockstar.  Hope the calves loosen up a bit.  Maybe you need more salt/electrolytes?  Congrats on the weight loss!

Sue – glad Nate wasn’t too bad.  Poor Skye doesn’t like the soupy weather either, eh?  Nice miles!  Oh no on the PF!  Hope you can nip it in the bud.

Well, I best do some work.  Kinda slow lately.  Can’t quite weather stalk as it’s not yet 10 days out.  Though next Thursday (the farthest I can see on Intellicast) shows low 54/high 72 which is a bit warm but at least the dewpoints are showing about 50 which I can handle.  Helping same friend move some more stuff after work.  That’s all I’ve got!  Let’s hurry this week up already!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hey Lovely Ladies!

I always feel so guilty when people read my posts and I am not able to do the same.  Traveling and races can do that I guess...

My legs are super sore and I think sleeping was harder last night than Sunday.  Monday in Chicago was OK.  Went to the Art Institute and wandered around some and then had a FAB FAB lunch at a tapas place called Purple Pig. Wandered a bit more and went back to the hotel for a spell and just decided to head to the airport early.  Got to my house around midnight.  Beasts were happy to see me and I missed them greatly.

I am a little more upbeat about MCM.  Karen, stalk away!!!  Your input is always appreciated.  I compared my pace bands and was happy to find out I need to be at mile 20 at 4:26, not 4:20 for MCM.  So, I was 11 minutes slower than I hoped for in Chicago, not 17.  Accounting for bathroom breaks and sneaking up and starting earlier for MCM, I am hopeful.  What sucks though, as of today the weather is again 75 and BRIGHT SUN.  But it is 12 days off still.  I need to go over the course and times more which will help I think.  Knowledge is key for me.  I just need to know if (when) I get behind how much of a cushion, if any, I have.  Annoyed my mile splits weren't working on my watch, I don't really know my individual mile pace from Sun.

Lizzie, I am so flipping excited for your race on Sun...  HCBF and being smiley, sweet.

Judy, your DC sounds hysterical!

Diane, I fueled like crap too on Sunday.  One GU and one tiny granola bar.  The GU was warm and didn't go down well.  You should be excited for Pumpkin.  Of course you can do it.  Agreed, no puking allowed.  Smile

Sandy, wineries are so much fun, if you have a DD that is!  Woo boy howdy (thanks Diane) one year we took a bus tour, it was ugly.  Fun, but ugly.

Cathy, pumpkin patches are fun.  Especially in nice weather.  Tornado, yikes.

Margaret, so glad you are able to get some running in.  Hmmm, mantra, need to pick one.  How about "I think I can, I think I can..."  Nah, need a better one than that.  I will probably think mostly about Big Sur with their time cutoff.  I was scared of not making it and was able to push myself.  Even up those nasty hills.  Walk 0.05, Run 0.05, repeat over and over up them.  And I did it.  And I can and will do it again.  0.05/0.05 is a little pathetic, but if it is all my little chubby and out of shape body can pull off when the going gets tough, that is what I will do.

Ginny, woot woot on the win!

Lori, pace group only to 4:30, wow.  The pace group Sunday didn't go well for me as I am a solo runner too.

Tessa, Revolution works wonders for ear mites, expensive though.

Damaris, again, great race.  Scary about that guy, but kudos to you for being sensible for him.  14#, geez!  I don't have a problem eating a few hours after a race.  Mmmm, food.

HCK, weather just got hotter for MCM.  And yes, it is the 22nd.

Karen, congrats on getting another disciple!

Kathy, congrats on the AG placement, awesome!!!

Sue, glad Nate wasn't too bad for you!

I think I am caught up on yesterday, my apologies for everything I missed prior.

Have a great Tuesday.  Smile

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

ginnyb

Weather is sounding a little better for Sunday....temps at 10 and 11 around 73 with dewpoint at 65 and mostly cloudy!  Karen I think I will take your advice and go ahead and do it with no expectations, thinking I may even leave off the watch.  Plus, if I start feeling bad I will absolutely quit this time as much as I hate to do that. I hate cramping more!

Lizzie....hmmmm  wonder what HCBF is up to?  Go ahead and wave that wand!  Humid and foggy here this morning and still warm.

Judy...sounds like a great run

Karen...woohoo, on having your neighbor do his training!  Sounds fun for you.  did you decide on how much to charge?  I am just curious.

Huronheart...congratulations on AG win!

Nothing for me today, going to take it pretty easy this week.

I just read another great book.  I don't know if any of your read Dan Brown?  He wrote the Da Vinci  Code and his latest is called "Origin" and I loved it!  Read it in 2 days .

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Sandy, cross posted.  37 and SHORTS???  Are you insane??  Great job on the easy peasy miles!!  Extended forecast is 75 and SUN on one site.  But, stalking this early is silly I know, but what else do we do...  I can't see it going from mid 70's down to 50's or 60's though...  Already have my outfit picked out  Flag shirt with a big eagle on it.  I am also going to paint my nails in Red/Blue, maybe a white star or stripe if possible.

Ginny, glad you are just going to do it!  Didn't know Dan Brown had another out, I like his stuff.

Ta Ta.

K

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Not much new for me.  I'm eating an apple cider donut from the pumpkin farm.  

Judy, interesting that you have known DC since elementary school!

Lizzie, it's 56 in Milwaukee now, dew point of 46.  You will be good!     Looks like the rain is holding however for Sunday, along with wind.  But you can handle that.    I like that you did 9 reps.  That's what I would have done.     I am so excited for you, you are so prepared for this.  You think HCBF has a surprise in store for you?  Looking forward to meeting him too.  Oh, I assume I get to meet HCBF.    I was planning on bringing DH to lunch but leaving the kids home!  I like to have headphones when running.  I have one earbud headphones.  I like to have the choice whether to use them or not.    I will drop down to the 5K regardless.  I learned my lesson from that last half!  I'm probably going to run a couple months before attempting any higher mileage.  13.1 would be higher.  

Diane, I have a thing with underfueling at races also.  I don't like eating when running.  Throwing up during a race would not be fun. I try to avoid that.  

Damaris, you are not hungry yet?  I would be eating all the things!  Nice race recap!  Congrats again!

Sue, no PF!

Elina, those gloves look really warm!  I think most running gloves are not warm enough if you are planning on running in sub freezing temps.

Margaret, I am reading a lot about those fires!  Stay safe!  Sounds like a nice air show, I just saw the Blue Angels this summer.  Yes, I am planning on seeing Lizzie!  Downtown Milwaukee is only about 30 minutes from me.  The foot is feeling good.  I am just overdoing the resting.    I am hoping that if I rest enough and ramp up slowly enough that the PF won't be an issue.  Fingers crossed.

Karen, sounds like an interesting new client for you!  I got to see your legs.  I am impressed.     One thing I will do in the winter is more strength!    You haven't done Chicago?  It is a fun race, I was thinking of possibly doing the lottery for next year!

HH-Kathy, congrats on the AG win!  My feet have gotten "bigger" since I started running.  I think my arches may have fallen a little (I have high arches).

Tessa, I still think of it as the Sears Tower also.  That's what I've called it since I was a kid!

Ginny, congrats on your AG placing!  Sounds like a good plan for your HM.

Sandy!  You have a BA in math?  I make fun of my fast co-worker because he has a minor in math.  If I need to do any math I ask him.     Headphones, I thought I might not need them for the Chicago Marathon.  But there is only so much cowbell you can tolerate, especially when you are used to running when it is quiet.    Yes, you should convince Lizzie to move here, ha.  The house behind us is for sale.  

Kat, compression tights really help my legs after a race!  Otherwise I can't sleep either.

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Yes, 37F is shorts weather, doh!  Skirt weather for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, nice that you have known DC since elementary school. And DD is used to a sink strainer, they didn't have a disposal in Brookings. I OTOH have not lived without one since I was 7 so am completely used to having a magic disposer to take care of all the crap that goes down a sink.

Kat, thanks for the tip on ear mites. Is Revolution eardrops also? Kittens were not at all happy about that.

Liz, men love having secrets (look at all the spy agencies!) but they don't seem to realize we know when they have one and we can usually figure it out.

Susan, ugh on the PF, stretch your feet plenty. Glad Nate did no severe damage to your house, sorry about the office!

Damaris, excellent job on the 14 pounds, keep it up!

Cathy, dropping to the 5K sounds sensible.

Sandy, I'm afraid Ragnar Napa may be a problem. Especially hotels before and after the event. With the number of people who are now homeless and the number of disaster relief personnel who may be heading for the area -- especially the claims adjusters -- I'm wondering if the hotels will be able to accommodate the runners as well. Check with the race, but be prepared to stay well out of the area and drive in that morning if needs be. Which airport are all of you flying into?

Yes, we go into fostering knowing the kittens are going to go back. No agonies since the shelter is a no-kill, so we know none of ours will be put down if they're not adopted. And we try to make them as adoptable as possible.

Diane, I have the same problem with eating at ultras. I just don't want to most of the time. The good thing is that ultras do tend to have a variety of foods available; don't worry about what you're eating. If it has calories, it's fuel, get it in you. Personally I go for potato chips, M&Ms, and any fruit that is on offer.

Karen, you are a natural born coach, yay for clients! And that's the kind of reputation that builds on itself.

Kat, usually you are sorest two days afterwards, glad the trip home was uneventful and the beasts were pleased to see you.

37*F/3* C?  Of course that's shorts weather. What else would one wear when it's above freezing?

Ginny, no, sorry, haven't read much Dan Brown. Do you get to read the books before the public, or do you join the queue?

Elina, good luck with the half, when do you leave for it? And do you get two medals, one for you and one for miniK?

3.2 with RN this morning. Saw a dead crow on the sidewalk and I was planning on reporting it so they could test it for West Nile, until I found out that I would also need to go back, bag it, ice it, and place it somewhere where the county health department could retrieve it. Sorry, not happening.

Hot and windy and likely to stay that way. And there's a big fire in Anaheim Hills so the entire LA basin is smoky. Not nearly as bad as Napa/Sonoma/Santa Rosa, but still bad.

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa, the orange slices and pretzels saved me at the Hawk, along with drinking ginger ale.  I picked up some ginger snap cookies to bring and I have a pepto tablet just in case.

Diane, I have the same problem with eating at ultras. I just don't want to most of the time. The good thing is that ultras do tend to have a variety of foods available; don't worry about what you're eating. If it has calories, it's fuel, get it in you. Personally I go for potato chips, M&Ms, and any fruit that is on offer.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Tessa, it is a topical flea product like Advatage.  Back of the neck application.