Womens Running

Tripping Over Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I have the dubious ability to trip over nothing. So far today I have been upright. Big grin

Please post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I did a nice run for 35 minutes with a little faster pace once in a while.  One of the weirdo old men started following me on the track for about a half lap toward the end. I HATE it when someone follows me that way, so I dashed on ahead and he finally left the track. I don’t trust anyone who stays behind me unless it is someone I know.

After a good run at the track I hope to do a short cardio DVD workout.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

I trip on smooth surfaces more than on tricky ones. Clearly I need to pay attention when I walk.

Going to try doing nothing with knee for a few days. Some of the gentle stretches and leg lifts but no intentional going for walks or trying to run. Not like that is going to make it worse. This is why I needed more than "do what you're comfortable with" and "don't push it". I did try heat on it last night and that seemed to help a little. Maybe overdoing too soon has all tight? Called dr office and was told that I'm doing great and just need to be patient. No sharp pain, when I described swelling was told it was normal and didn't sound bad. Don't want to pay another couple hundred to go in and be told the same thing so will take a few days to actually let it rest.

Carry on all!

Lisa

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday, I will cross fingers that I don't trip over anything lol

Fusion last night and 4 miles this morning.  I can't believe how dark it is in the morning now, boo.

Judy - thanks for starting the thread, I love your daily titles Big grin

Lisa - some rest sounds good. When is your next doc appointment?

No run today Sad   Was helping DS2 move out of his apartment last night and sliced my big toe open on the bbq grill.  Right along the side of the toenail.  OUCH!  It is tender, and we are going to Gulf Shores this weekend so I want it to heal so I can go in the water.  I was too tired to unload my car yesterday.  Will do that this afternoon.  He has one more trip over there--just a couple of things to put in the truck and the final cleaning.  He is pretty neat, so it just needs the basic cleaning.  IDK about the return of the deposit--Deuce chewed a hole in the nasty carpet somewhere......Hopefully his apartment was on the list to have new carpet -- it was disgusting.

Hi KnitQueen!  Post anyway, and we may even inspire you to get back to running.  I am knitting the second sleeve on my first sweater.  I hope the first sleeve isn't too long.  I was worried about it being too short and may have over compensated.  Are you on Ravelry?  I am sklinn.

Have a great day everyone!

ginnyb

Morning ladies...

Lisa...as hard as it is for you to do, probably good idea not to push it too much.  You will get there.

Sue....I am on ravelry, but I haven't posted hardly anything.  I am booklady on there.  I do get a lot of patterns from there.  Ouch on the toe!  Hope it heals quickly.

Judy..still impressed that you run and do a DVD on the same day.  I do one or the other.

LC...you are very consistent also, rarely miss a run, nice 4.  I am down to only running 2 days during the week and the long run on the weekend.

3 miles this morning, got the weird pains in my upper body again, wish Iknew why that happens, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Work tonite, so off to do some domestic cross training...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

So I was thinking about my last tetnaus shot---probably close to or over 10 years ago.  Guess I need to swing by the health department today and get that over with.  I called them and it is $45!!!  Sheesh!!  Blue Cross sent me a $35 wellness Master Card so I guess I will use it for that.  My physician's office no longer gives immunizations, so I have to go to the health department.  ;(

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 and Pilates. Well, Pilates will be later on.

Ouch Sue. Ouch!!!

Hey Lisa KQ. Glad you made it back

Gatsby hope your day is good.

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa,  It will be okay. Stop fretting about the knee. Step away from dr google and listen to your doctor.  Smile

Laura I'm with you. I don't want to trip today either.

Ginny here's to hoping the library isn't too busy tonight.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Busy Monday but I was able to run my 6.  Today, I have 3 X 800m intervals @ 10K pace.  It was already 86F at 7am so I am not sure if they will be in triple digits or not.

judyruns, nice workouts.

Carol, sorry about the knee.  Keep rehabbing it!

LC Runs, I trip over invisible stuff even!  Nice 4.

Sue, ouch.  Hope the toe is not too painful!

Ginny, nice run.  Enjoy the domestic cross training activities.

Marjorie, nice run.  Enjoy pilates.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Please NO tripping. I do not like tripping and I do way too much of it. I'm with you, Judy, I can trip over nothing at all.

Sorry about the creep on the track. Maybe you should try to trip him instead?

Lisa, are you still icing it too? And I would really push for PT. I don't know why they didn't refer you to it in the first place.

Laura, yes it is darker here too. Wah. What is fusion?

Susan, ow on the toe! If it doesn't heal you might put a little superglue on it -- you are sure it didn't need stitches? And I am not surprised Deuce chewed on the carpet. Isn't it a basic law that the more disgusting a given item is, the more toothsome the lab will find it to be?

And on the vaccination, I'm surprised the doctor's office doesn't give them. For tetanus it will probably be the tDap so you get whooping cough protection too, they are trying to get as many adults as possible to have a whooping cough booster shot and since they can combine it with a tetanus booster they do.

Hi Ginny! Good on the 3 miles. Whereabouts in your upper body are the pains? Have you had the doctor check them out?

Marjorie, good on the 10.5. How long is a Pilates session? 60 or 90 minutes?

Damaris, so you do longer run on Monday and then intervals on Tuesday?

Welcome back Lisa/KQ!

4 miles this morning with RN. She was saying that she'd seen no meteors. Then woosh! one went across the sky.  We also heard an owl hooting and let me tell you that owl could have a career at the Metropolitan Opera. That was some pair of lungs the owl has on it.

Going to the gym at lunch. I got an apologetic call from the person who stood me up yesterday. She is all right, however, her sister died over the weekend and so she had to go out of town. She cancelled the appts she could remember but forgot about our lunch date. I forgive her. I've known her a long time and I knew it had to be something serious.

Mandatory training on a new invoicing system this afternoon, and class tonight. Giving a final.

Visited DH again yesterday. He is not eating much and wants to go home. I don't think he's left that bed since Friday. He's going to get another blood clot or maybe a serious bedsore. (The temptation to make a comment about having a pain in the behind as well as being one is overwhelming.) I am about to call to touch base with the nursing station to make sure he gets PT.

I am not sure I'm rested for the race this weekend, but I'm not worried about times as long as I finish. They had 47 finishers in the full last year.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa Pilates is 60 min.  My abs would scream at me if I tried to do 90 min.

I'm caught up other than a huge ass presentation I need to put together.  But being caught up means I can focus on it as it is an important one that has to go to the board for approval as we want it to qualify for continuing education credit for all our therapists in Florida.  Has to be 2 hours long and on some things I'm far from an expert on.  I've gathered most of the information so I need to just start it.

Marjorie

Yes, Tessa--tDap.  I think offices are getting out of the vaccination business as some of the vaccines have a short shelf life once opened and maybe they don't have enough demand to use the  whole vial.  So I hung out at the Health Dept with my knitting for an hour.  No, it doesn't need stitches, I was just thinking about that nasty rusty BBQ grill and thought I'd better just do it and be done with it.  Good to go for another 10 years!  They aren't dragging DH out of the bed for pt daily?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tessa, I only did 6 last night.  Tonight there are 7 total.  Hope you get a positive update from your hubby.

Marjorie, good luck with the presentation.

Ugh, I am falling asleep!

Damaris

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi  ladies,

CrazySue- I belong to Ravelry but I do not post there.  I use Ravelry to look at patterns.  Any questions I have I ask Linda at Rumpelstitskin, a shop in Sacramento where I knit on Wed.

After I posted yesterday I went bike riding.  Today my legs feel like lead so I will run tomorrow, not today.

Tessa- I hope you can get them to start your husband on PT because that would help a lot in preventing bedsores.

Hello to all the ladies today.

Lisa

lisa

ginnyb

Tessa, it is hard to explain the pain, it almost like a stitch in your side, but in my upper back, shoulders, sometimes even my jaw.  I have had it checked out with the Dr....stress test, the whole gambit, but nothing is wrong...it is just weird and it doesn't happen all the time.  I really thought it may be heart related, that is what scared me, but it isn't, so I just live with it.  Only happens when I run.  Kind of like how it feels when you have gas but it in chest and shoulders...

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15