Womens Running

YAY YAY ITS FRIYAY! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh yeah...its FRIDAY!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

15.2 for me this morning.

Not a bad run. It was 74 when I started. Yes, thats right..74. The dewpoint was at 50..but if I had not looked at Accuweather before heading out, I would have thought it was around 65. HOT HOT. Luckily the temperature did drop towards the end of the run to the mid 60's but STILL. NO. NO.NO. NO. Sad BUT my legs felt good and really felt like I could go a few more miles Smile towards the end I was getting speedy. Mentally tough run though..I am ready to cut back mileage even more.

Hoping for a slow day because I am pooped. I am going to go to the grocery around lunchtime to get that out of the way. I may need to take a shower before coming back to work - I am sure I will be sweating just walking to the car!  4 months until Fall! LOL.

Ready for the weekend and to get my hair did!

Karen – Hope you are feeling better today!

Run4kupcakes – Totally understand the shaving legs and time. I almost considered shaving before bed..but nope..stubbles by morning. Nice miles yesterday. Its too freakin hot.

OH..so that is the last run for a LONG TIME where I have to get up at 2:30am. LOL. YAY! Thats exciting. I have been nervous out there that early lately. We got a newsletter that there has been a coyote hanging around our neighborhood! Creepy. I am also scared that one of those damn raccoons are going to come after me. 

Happy Friday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

ginnyb

Sorry Liz, I’m loving these temps!  Mainly cause I know ours won’t last.  They will be gone next week.

ran 3 miles this morning.  I know I should have waited until I saw the chiro later this morning, but it was just too nice out.  I felt good in my back, but slight pain in middle of right back thigh, probably all connected.  Still don’t know about the half, I would be under trained but I could walk it.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

It is a good Friday! Sun peeking out and much to be happy about! Found an awesome playlist on Spotify "Good Mornings, positive vibes" .... happy, poppy type of music, pretty wide mix of styles though.

I pick up DD from school tomorrow to bring her home. Plans to see On Your Feet (musical about Gloria Estefan) on Tuesday for my bday which means introductions. I'm just moving on with my happy life. We may be seeing The King and I on Friday as well.  We do love musicals.

Lizzie-those miles girl! Your joy for running is infectious ... thank you!

HCK2-if miles were used, it counts as a run! LOL on shaving the legs. Last weekend I made the cardinal trail run mistake of not shaving pre-run.  Luckily my knee really wasn't scraped up.. just f-ed up. LOL

Karen-maybe more water would help headache? With the rising heat/humidity that could be happening.

Diane-yeah for the great concert! You'll rock the race. Don't forget the sunscreen!

Elina-we all knew you would feel better and sub 3... you got this!

Damaris-the hat did match your shirt!! LOL on HB coming after that half PR.

Cathy-those storms hit us the other night too. Love rain at night but not when power is knocked out.

Sandy-sounds like a great party!

Sue-That is bullying.. no question. Don't sink to the level of victim. You can't control her but you can control your reactions.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, great race report, well done! The hat matches your outfit perfectly. Congrats!

Classes this morning and yoga this afternoon. Book sale later.

Doc said not to start running until there is no pain. But the neat thing is, he told me to walk slowly and rhythmically, heel to forefoot, not using the toes. He said that way I will slow down and won’t develop a limp. (I am like a scurrying rodent) I can walk, do the elliptical, stationary bike and Yoga. He said that the kind of break I have (not straight across the bone) can slide apart and get worse if I’m not cautious. I’m going for a re-X-ray next week and that should give me an idea how it is healing.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have an RD today.  No Pilates as my instructor had surgery yesterday.

Liz, nice run.  Pffft, that's Winter weather. Wink

Lisa, I have not even heard of that one. Let me know how you like it.

Judy, thank you! Smile  hoping the XRay shows progress.  Glad you found a way to exercise a bit.  I would go crazy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Friday!

5.1 miles this morning, kind of foggy and cool out but it wasn't bad.  No wind, which is a change!  It's definitely spring here, worms and red winged blackbirds were out in full force.

DD is home for the summer!  Well, she is actually traveling to Italy for a month (end of May until first of July) and is looking so forward to it!  It's through the Music program at her college so she will get credits for it and her scholarship paid for all but $500 (and extra spending $$ of course).  I'm excited for her!

Lizzie - nice run and that is humid!  You would have loved the weather here.  I hope you have a slow day.  DD and I are going grocery shopping later today, so more $$ will be spent ha ha.  I am thinking my grocery bill will go down significantly once DS leaves for school in the fall, I can't keep up with his appetite.

Ginny - great 3!

Lisa - Yeah for your DD being home soon!!

Judy - oh no, I missed the post about your foot!  Glad you can still do a lot of other activities!

Damaris - enjoy the RD!

Off to get a massage, it's been a few weeks since she didn't have any availability last month. 

Seloc

TRX/Bells class this morning.  We had a sub and she mostly did upper body which I love!  Oh my wonderful aching shoulders!  It was finally light and warm enough to ride my bike there, too!  It's only about a mile and a half so it seems so silly to drive.

Meeting up with a friend after work to watch her daughter's softball game.  A beautiful warm and sunny day for that!  Derby party tomorrow and half on Sunday.  Snuck out of work early yesterday to get stuff done - bank, gas station, car wash, Target and pedicure in 2 hours.  Felt pretty accomplished!

Damaris - always love your RRs.  Great hat!  How was speedwork at OTF?  What did it entail?  Ahhhh, a carafe of sangria - my kind of gal!  Holy crap that's a lot of marathons!!  Do you have a number goal or state goal?  Happy rest day today!

Cathy - did I see more rain for you today?  Hope our weather is coming your way - it's pretty amazing.  Whats your run plan for the weekend?  Loving seeing you back at it!

Lizzie - so glad your meeting with the mammel went well!  Hopefully it eases some of the tension.  Nice job on the run!  That is HOT.  So glad you can take a break from those early wake-ups.  I seriously do NOT know how you do it.  LOL on sweating while grocery shopping.  No joke!  Why I HATE it.  I would totally go at lunch if I could.  I finally pulled up that shuffling song last night and it sounded familiar?  LOL  I'm more of an 80s gal haha.  Yes!  You can be in charge of the music on the drive to Fargo haha.  Your weekend sounds perfect to me!

Elina - what do you mean you don't think I can behave at a party?  What EVER gave you that idea?   I will at this one, though, cuz it's quite a drive.  Plus, last year I got pulled over for speeding on my way home.  Whew that was a scary one.  Though he let me go.  Good luck tomorrow you nerdy Excels girl you 

Sue - your boss is a horrible control freak bully.  Is there anyone you can speak to about that?  I'm so sorry she is so awful.

Karen - hope you are feeling better today!  Lisa makes a VERY good point about hydration.  That happens to me quite often.

HCK - hey we were a shufflin twins yesterday!  Though you were running in MUCH warmer (downright HOT) weather.  What's next for you?

Ginny - nice job getting out there this morning!  You can't pass up these beautiful days.  And, hey, if the back was holding up, why  not.  Hope the Chiro helps you out!  How's DGD doing in softball?  Spring sports here have been tough with the long hard winter.

Lisa - are you ALWAYS so happy and peppy??  LOL  You would be a good influence on grumpy gramma over here.  Safe drive to pick up DD.  Fun about the musicals!  And good luck with the "introductions" hee hee.  I sure do like how happy your life is!!

Judy - take care of that toe!

So I was supposed to meet up with favorite RB (who isn't running right now) for coffee tomorrow morning.  Her idea a couple weeks ago.  Well, I just got an email that she has a "vague recollection" that we had plans and is sorry she has to cancel if we did.  WTF.  Should be no big deal but I've been looking forward to this for weeks.  Yes, that's how pathetic I am.  And now I am trying SUPER hard not to get into a tizzy because it just reinforces that I am absolutely nobody's priority.  I could be kidnapped by aliens and if anyone noticed in under a week's time I'd be shocked.  I deleted her email so as to not respond hotly - trying to be mature but it's harrrrrrd.  It honestly gives me a stomach ache.  And it will take every last ounce of willpower not to drink too much tonight since I have no reason to get up in the morning.  Whining Wilma Out.

Seloc

Hi Laura!  x-posted  Glad you had a lovely outdoor morning run!  LOL I noticed all the worms the other day, too.  So many!  Wow, super exciting about DDs trip.  Enjoy your massage and have a great weekend!

Laura-my dd is going to europe for a month too! May 17-June 18!! Will be doing trains, planes, buses for a whirlwind backpacking trip. Will be in italy for almost a week though!

Damaris-https://onyourfeetmusical.com/the-show/

Sandy-Positivity is one of my "top 5 strengths"! So for the most part, yes. This past year has been a challenge to that but I've held my own. Karen made me feel so great when there in january and she told me she could see a difference "you're always up but now you're just... more" and super hugs to you about the way that made you feel. Brush it off, think of something that makes you smile and then another thing and then another thing. Sometimes its easy to pay attention to the negative stuff and then all we see is negative stuff. Remember that the opposite works as well.

My pickup for dd tomorrow is impacted by a bunch of ridiculous people. Apparently someone had the nerve to schedule the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon tomorrow morning and the campus is somehow affected by the race. Damn runners. LOL

Lisa

LC Runs

Hi Sandy!!  That sucks about your friend, people can be so oblivious to other's feelings.  I remember a few years ago, I invited a friend over for lunch, I made a chicken salad and had the house all picked up and...she never showed.  I texted her like 30 minutes after she was supposed to be there and she was like, "oh, sorry, I must have forgotten".  And, she never rescheduled.  My guess is your friend didn't mean to hurt your feelings but it hurts just the same.

And, Girl....WE here would ALL miss you if something happened!!  ((hugs))

Sue - I just saw your post yesterday about your Boss, what an EVIL woman   I am mad for you.  I hope you can report her behavior to someone.

Docket_Rocket

Karen, hoping your migraine is better or gone altogether already!

Laura, nice run.

Sandy, nice workouts.  I want to do all 50 states but it will take a while because we keep repeating the same states.  OTF was actually endurance (I guess my OTF changed it a bit), but it was sets of 2 minutes @ Push Pace (I do HM pace), 30 seconds base (easy), 30 seconds all out, base, all out, base all out, base, 1 minute all out.  That's one set.  Repeat in similar fashion for 30 minutes.  Then we headed to the weight room for some other hard stuff.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Woot Woot, lost my job!!  Woot woot, how nice.  They eliminated our positions here in SA and Houston.  They are going to try to "transition" us into other opportunities.  Lovely.

Storming out.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

TGIF!!! Swam this morning.

Ugh--What was I thinking??? I signed up for a 4 mile race tomorrow and now I'm not really feeling it. I paid for it, so I'd better drive my happy @$$ over there tomorrow.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, boss rescheduled my perf eval again.  This is the EIGHTH time!! She moved it to after lunch today. Sheesh. Then she says "...I'm looking forward to meeting with you..." Really? I am SO over it. I will tell her that this is just abusive and very stressful for me.

DS2 and GF came home last night.  With the two labs.  His truck looked like something from the Beverly Hillbillies.  Kayak, all sorts of crap tied down in back and the two big dogs. She's staying with us until Sunday, goes to New Orleans for a cruise, returns next Saturday, then drives to Florida for summer job. He will help move her down there.  He will be home until summer school begins, then he's going back to Starkville. I already have a list of chores for him.  Smile

Lizzie--Idk how you get all those workouts in and then go to work. I would be face down on the desk.

Judy--how's the foot???

HI Ginny--wish I could ship you some warm steamy weather.

Later!! Thanks for your support!

Kat---NOOOOO!!!!