Womens Running

Wawawahooooo For the Weekendailies!!! (Read 19 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Post 'em Peeps!!!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I've got nothing really, but figured someone had to start today!!

Work, last night was fun.  (insert sarcasm.)  Lady came in with her 4 cats for FeLV testing and vaccines.  Cats were all nice, though 2 were covered in poo-poo.  Lady, NUTTER NUTTER!!!!!!  Made it difficult.

Oh yeah, cats eat stupid things too.  They like string-like things.  Ribbon, dental floss, thread and the like.  VERY dangerous.

Still frustrated over yesterdays failed run.  I know 12 is good, but when you need more, it is a fail.  Foot feels better today.  I guess it is just how my feet hurt.  Think I am going to try a new stability road shoe just to see - Mizuno Inspires.   Maybe.  Makes me nervous switching, but curious now.

Have a fab weekend everyone.  I am working, of course.  But gonna get a yummy burger for lunch.

K

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Delayed at MIA but by 30 mins. We will see. 🤷‍♀️ Hubby is sick, the motherfucker.

Kat, don’t beat yourself up from the run.  Awww kitties.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Raw Kat pooh on the poor kitties? DD used to give her calico a bath every week...and the crazy cat liked it. Enjoy the burger....I have probably a half dozen different shoe types...looking for the one that works best is hard.

Goog luck Damaris...Karen...Lizzie...anyone else?

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

10 very rainy miles. Considering I overdressed it felt awesome. And thank you to all who chimed in on fb with recommendations for poles. I will be ordering some today.

Kats.... oh no on the foot issues. I hope new shoes help.

Damaris... wear a doctor mask. Absolutely no kissing hubby until after your race. Good luck .

Diane... hi.

Good luck to all racers and non racers alike this weekend

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 miles, super sluggish. Did not sleep well last night. DH was snoring, then at some point went downstairs. Which would have been fine had his alarm not been set for 4:45am. I had to go downstairs and wake him up then went back a second time to tell him to get up since he was going to a breakfast thing. Grumble. Poor guy is now heading up to his parents house to fix the garage door, give them a new phone & put a lock on the cable for pay per view. Aging parents are stressful.

KatS, I have a pair of the Inspires. Not my favorites, but ok. To me, they seem kind of light stability, since usually I wear Wave Riders.

Docket, hope your flight goes smooth. Do you have assigned seats? Ir can you sit at the front of the plane and have DH sit in the back?

DHuffman, I have a similar collection of shoes.

BerthaSlayer, rain would feel good right now.

LC Runs

Hi everyone!  Long time, no post LOL.

I am alive and well, just needed a break from posting and running.  I actually took 6 days off last week from working out at all.  Thankfully, I have been back on the bandwagon since last Sunday, going to the gym most mornings and running outside after work.  I ran on the treadmill today because it was downpouring all morning; of course, once I finished, the rain stopped and it's been decent outside most of the day.  I managed 5 miles and weights.

Work has been a major suck fest this entire year and just seems to get progressively worse.  My specific job was actually terminated the end of the fiscal year (9/30) because the state has decided they are changing the way the services are provided to people in nursing homes.  Of course, none of these changes are technically approved at the state level, even though the change was supposed to take place on 10/1.  This doesn't really mean I'm  losing my job, I was told they would be posting a new job description/position which anyone internally could apply for and I was planning on doing so, since it will mean I can work on my own and not in a team situation.  It would be more outreach since I would have to keep the number of people up in order for the agency to make enough money to keep the position but I think I can do that.  However, I found the  job posting last night and it is based out of another office and only one position is posted (we were told they were going to have two people, one in each office, to split the region because we cover 12 counties and they are rural areas).  So, I have no idea what is going on, if it is  a mistake or if the administration has decided they can only afford to hire one person.  I can likely keep doing team case management (assisting people in the community) but would have to work with a nurse (and my newish partner is NOT getting the job, 5 months  in and it's like her first day sigh) and they would likely lay off another SW in our office since we have more SW than nurses due to the thought I would be doing something different).  Ugh, anyhow, I know it doesn't really make sense the way I've explained it, but it is a draining situation.

So, suffice it to say it has taken a toll on my running but I am feeling the mojo coming back, I really hope so because I need the stress relief.  I am running tomorrow with one of my friends, we are planning on 9 miles so we'll see.

Good luck Lizzie, Karen and Sandy, loving the FB pictures.

Kat - yikes on the nutty cat lady!!

Damaris - is your hubby running Chicago, too?  I hope he feels better before tomorrow,  Have a great race!

Hi Diane, Lori (welcome back!) and Half K!!

I will do my best to post more regularly, now that I should have something to post ha ha

dhuffman63

Trails

If you ever want to build mental toughness I can recommend walking 20 miles on the TM.  At least I'm done.  Now to figure out dinner.

Bikerchick1

Kat - 12 IS good!!!  Don’t sell yourself short!   Ugh on the cats Sad.  My dd’s and myself were going thru some open houses today, walked down in a finished basement and the cat urine smell was so strong we literally ran up the stairs...what is the matter with people!!!

Damarias - woohoo!  Good luck tomorrow!

Lori - Nice job on the Rainey 10!

Halfcrazy - Yikes on the 4:30 alarm.

Laura - So glad to see a post from you...I have been worried/wondering where you were.  So sorry on your work nightmare....hope things get settled.  Hope you get your 9 in!  Are you doing the MidLand Half?

Diane -20 on the TM....you are my hero!

Karen,Lizzie,Sandy - Hope you are having a great time!  Good luck to Karen and Lizzie!!

URD today - just hung out with my DD’s and grandkids instead 

Carol

Docket_Rocket

I no longer worry about hubby’s cold because I tripped and almost fell and my bad knee and groin are sore. Yay me. 🙄

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ahh, to be home.

Damaris, at first I was like bummer about DH, but DAMN woman, don't hurt yourself!  Hope the race goes well.  Need to see if there is an app to follow you.

Diane, I shudder at the thought of bathing cats.  I have the scars to prove in general it is a bad idea.  Congrats on gritting out 20!!!  Jealous.  Not of the TM of course.

Lori, glad your rainy run was good.  I hope you like the poles.

HCK, sorry the miles were sluggish.  Yes, aging parents are so hard.  Strange to see them going from our protectors to the other way around.

Laura, so sorry you are going through the work turmoil.  I hope all sorts out for you, and soon.

Carol, sounds like a lovely URD!  Cat/dog smells are a hard problem, and not uncommon.  Cats are worse as their urine is more concentrated. I deal with it myself (dogs) and am just resigned to getting new carpets before I sell.  Luckily the carpet was crap when I bought the place.

Work was meh.  Did manage to go to the LRS at lunch and chatted with the guy.  He watched me walk and resized me.  Recommend the Brooks Adrenaline's rather than the Kayano's.  Went up to an 11 - in MENS.  Oops, someone's feet are fat.  I could waterski on these puppies.  Thinks the pain I was having was just my feet being sore and tired.  Since I overpronate, I think it is how my forefoot lands with the "bunion" area hitting on the side when my foot rolls.

Went to a housewarming party, AWKWARD!!!  The head of vet services at my current place (a veterinarian herself) was there.  Her husband was the couple's realtor which is why they were invited.  He was personable, she, not so much.  Then another relief vet was there and ripped the place I am going to shreds.  No, she doesn't know I am going there, but DAMN.  I just have to not take shit from them, which will be hard.  I will somehow have to figure out how to put my foot down.

Tired.  Enjoying some wine before bed.

Go racers tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

K

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

6 miles today with hubby who slowed for me. Was my first back to back run in months and first week in the 20s in a while. Rained on us again.

Today we're having family over for our Canadian Thanksgiving.

HCK...I agree that it is hard mentally to parent parents.

LC... welcome back. Sorry work has been sucky.

Diane... I've done 20 slow on the tm in the past.  I can't imagine walking it though. I need to move mine in front of a TV if I ever attempt that. Good for you. That's mental toughness for sure.

Bikerchick... family is the best excuse for a rest day

Damaris... good luck!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Yesterday's run sucked.  They cancelled the beach battle training so I went for a run, tripped and fell two blocks from the house. UGH. Hand, elbow and knee are skinned up. Bagged the run at two miles. I was just pissed.

Today was the Southern Magnolia Ride. I just did the 25 mile course with a friend. Distances were up to 100 miles.  I thought 25 was plenty. I haven't ridden much lately so I decided to keep it short. My phone didn't record my ride and I forgot to take pics.

IDK but I am in a super bitchy mood.....

All the racing ladies looked like they had a good day according to Fb posts.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.9 miles. Back to almost summer like conditions, I'm so done with this.

CrazySue, ugh on tripping.

Berthaslayer, I have tried watching TV on the treadmill, but get too distracted.

LC Runs

9 miles with running friend, was cold and rainy but we did it.  We ran from her house, which is a rural and hilly area so there was some uphill walking involved.

Drove down to see my DD for her birthday lunch (birthday was 10/2).  My mom met us there, too so it was a nice afternoon.  I am now snuggled on my couch with a glass of wine lol

Lizzie, Karen, Damaris - GREAT JOB Ladies!!

Diane - WTG on the 20 mile TM walk, that definitely takes mental toughness!

Carol - glad you had a nice, relaxing day with the family!!  I THINK I am doing the Half, I keep going between the Half and 10k but if I can get through 10 miles next weekend, I am signing up for the Half.  The girl I ran with today is doing it, as well!

Kat - that does sound awkward, yikes.  I have been gone so long, where are you going to?  Hopefully, it will be better than what they think, it's hard to know until you're there yourself. I will cross fingers it will be a great move!

Lori - nice run with hubby!!

Sue - ouch, that would put me in a pissy mood, too.  Best to bag a run like that.  I saw your wedding picture you posted a few days ago...you look so beautiful!!

Half - nice run!  I did prefer today's rain to the heat and humidity of a month ago.