Womens Running

DIVAS DO THE HUMPTY DANCE ON WEDNESDAY (Read 18 times)

SassySparky

Do the humpty hump Shocked

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Sorry I'm a weirdo!

RR: Not sure. No running but I have burpees and I might do some legs.

NRR: You girls are going to laugh at me but I just started liking The Avett Brothers. So much in fact, that I'm trying to convince Big D we can go to a festival in April where they are playing. It's an afternoon concert so we could probably take G! Anyway, aside from writing, sciencing, and hanging out with Big D and G, that's all that's new.

NRR2: So as I'm planning the birthday party, I wonder if we should invite the families from G's day care? There are only 4 other kids so it wouldn't be a huge number of people, but we've been there almost a year and haven't been invited to any parties .... so I don't know if people do that?? What are people's thoughts?

POrun

Hello Ladies!

Just a quick hello. I've been lurking without much posting. I hope all is going well with everyone.

RR: Off for about 2-3 weeks.

NRR: Surgery is scheduled tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous, but my mom is flying in today to help out for 6 days, so that will be nice. I'll be out of work for all of next week, and I'm trying to keep up with school. It's all group work, so it's a lot of extra coordination work.

Sassy: Have a great burpee workout. Planning the Birthday party will be fun. I think G is young enough still that you don't have to worry about inviting any of his day care friends unless you really want them there.

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: 2 mile walk yesterday. It was 40 degrees and I dressed perfectly so it was very pleasant. "Running" 3 miles today, probably at the gym thanks to the weather. Also, my boss scheduled a half hour for a walk later, so that will be nice.

NRR: Last night I decided that I was allowed to let DH spoil me Smile So after my walk I did nothing but relax the rest of the night! Well, I did cut DH's hair, but then he made me dinner (omelets, yum!), cut my toe nails LOL and rubbed my feet before bed. It was very nice! In the office today, can already tell it's going to be an uncomfortable day!

Sassy - LOL I laughed at the title. I agree with PO, I probably wouldn't invite everyone from daycare until he's a little older, unless you are friends with them and want them there of course.

PO - Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes! Hugs.

Have a great day girls!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

Okay, so I heard from Dr. Hottie's PA this morning. No need to panic just yet! This may be TMI, but I suffer terribly from chronic constipation. I can go up to 2 weeks without going. I'm currently in a cycle of "not going" for almost 2 weeks. NOTHING is working! I'll taken a ton of pills, drank a ton of water, fiber pills, prunes, etc. Anyway, chronic constipation and having a shunt DO NOT mix well! The excess pressure in the abdomen from the constipation places a ton of pressure on the tubing, thus obstructing the flow of the cerebrospinal fluid. Once I get myself cleaned out, I should see a relief in symptoms that right now are pointing to a malfunctioning shunt. Dr. Hottie's PA said that after I am cleaned out, I should see a relief in symptoms within a hour or so. If not, I should call him back. So I have to drink some yucky stuff tonight after work. UGH.

Gotta run. Have a great day!

SassySparky

PO - I'm glad you are getting some help from your mom after surgery. I've got my fingers crossed for you and a speedy recovery!

MA - I'm glad you got some relaxation last night!

RLTW - good to hear and I hope you are "productive" and feel better!

gsdrunner

Hi Ladies! We are up still up in the snow covered and snowing now vacation.

RR: Nothing not one mile since we got here. I am worried about the half coming up in 17 or so days. I have been hiking with M on my back through a foot and half of snow. Maybe that helps. I wondering if I should even run it at all.

NRR: Not much, just a walk on the lake today while it snows. G&A are having a great time. M loves it up here. She is now girlilla walking now.  DH is enjoying some down time from work even though he is still working, but at least its not a full day and in a place where he likes to be.

Gotta get going... Have a great day Everyone!

lizo_77

last day before I take the rest of the week off from work!!! (((pink elephants here)))

RR: great 4.33 miles this morning on the TM. pushed it towards the end. pretty much building ladders from 5 on the TM, up to 7.4. so what's that... 12 min mile up to 8.19 I think. Changed every three minutes building up to 38.48 minutes for 4 miles.

NRR: work. traveling up to brookings for a faculty selection committee meeting at the university there. for their architecture department.  there pretty much all day, so that makes for an odd day of not being at the office.  then it's on to Worthington for the rest of the week. M and I go to his uncle's funeral on saturday. it's about thirty or 45 minutes away from home. Otherwise, no big plans for the weekend.

will try and be back! doing some resume reviews right now....

taylorma1

Sassy-nope, no problems there. I am happy too that the week is half way over. I love the Avett brothers too. I had never heard of them before I went to college at Appalachian, but they are really big in the south.Personally, I would at least extend an invite to the day care parents and kids. If they don't want to come they don't have to/

PO-good luck with your surgery!

MA-that was so nice of DH to spoil you last night!

RLTW-glad the PA figured things out

gsd-glad you are having a great time up there. I think you will be ready for the half. You have put in some awesome workouts lately, so you will do a great job

lizo-woooo for last day of work this week

RR: either an easy run (or maybe faster run if the sidewalks are clear) or stay inside and do a spin class depending on the weather. i think we have more snow coming today, so we shall see

NRR: work at the afterschool program was cancelled last night due to snow, so i had some extra hours to my day. I went to the gym and did homework lol. Today is again no afterschool program because there was no school, so extra time to study and also hang out with DBF

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: First trail run in over a month, and it was glorious!! So great to be out there with Fay. I was upset to see the condition of the trails, though. The non-profit that does maintenance cautions people not to go on the trails when they are soft/thawed out/muddy (which is part of why I've been off them so long) but apparently a lot of people felt it was okay to go anyway. Lots of deep footprints and tire marks.

NRR: Massage tonight!! I need it, too. Had a talk with DBF last night that we will probably continue. I'm Type A and he's Type B, and his Type B-ness is pushing me further into my Type A-ness. Frustrating all around.  Also, I'm not allowed to have coffee anymore. It makes me too anxious.

Sassy - Hmm. First birthdays are really for family, it seems. I'm with everyone else - maybe when he's older, invite those people.

PO - Good luck on your surgery tomorrow. That's good your mom is coming in to help.

MA - That was very sweet of your DH to cut your fingernails!

GSD - I love the pictures of you and M you've been posting on FB. Looks like you all are having a fabulous time.

Lizo - Enjoy your time away from work!  Nice ladder workout - I tried something similar at the hotel a few weeks back.

lizo_77

rltw: can they give you anything that has some super strength to get you to go??? you poor dear!

sassy: sounds like a busy fun day for you! I have no idea about the daycare people inviting....

MA: yay for a relaxing night! way to let your DH spoil you.

gsd: a walk on the lake.... pretty!!

got some more wedding stuff done yesterday! ordered my sister's dress. she's in nigeria, so we're going with her measurements she e-mailed to me and ordered the dress then set up an alteration appt two weeks before the wedding 'cause that's when she gets here.

SassySparky

Thanks for all the advice about the first birthday party - i think you guys are right that it's most a family event! I appreciate your thoughts!

NorCal

Morning girls! 

Love the title Sassy. But darn I miss the dancing banana for Wednesdays!

RR. Had a good 4 mile recovery run last night and it felt great! Amazing how 4 miles doesn't even feel like a run anymore! Today is rest, with some yoga and core this morning.

NRR. DH is getting sick! Ugh, hoping I can fight it off! I can't be sick with work, my new job and marathon training! Working at home this morning, then heading to work this afternoon.

Sassy- S's 1st birthday was just family/friends, but then again she wasn't in day care. But I think first birthdays are usually more for family. But I don't think you could go wrong either way!

MA- How sweet of DH! I had a pre-natal massage yesterday with a woman who was 34 weeks. She said she wants to get one every day for the next 6 weeks! lol.

OWR- No more coffee!! You don't drink it much right? I am really trying to drink more tea, less coffee as I function better.

PO- Best of luck to you! Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you can update at some point!

RLTW- Hopefully they're right and once you get things going, you'll feel better.((hugs))

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

monk717

Good morning!

We were up for three and a half hours last night. Ugggh. But at least P is having a longer sleep stretch at night. We got 6 inches of snow last night and we would have kept A home from daycare because the roads are bad... but we need the break. The plan while she's gone is to nap and also pick up the house. All the rooms are a mess and we've found ourselves without dishes more than once since we've been home. Not much else going on at the moment. I'm enjoying full caffiene coffee right now, yay! I haven't read the threads much lately and reading about all your running is making me really anxious to get out there! Its going to be another couple days or a week though. I know there are women who are out running again very soon after birth, but I certainly don't know how they do it!

sassy: For A's first birthday, we invited our daycare provider and her family along with the other daycare baby and her parents. They all came and along with my big family it was way too many people for our little townhouse! It was fun but not necessary. We had a family party for the second birthday and skipped a party this past year. We considered a kid party this year, will probably do one next year. I'd say just keep it to family unless you are friends with other daycare families. It will be easier for you and G won't know the difference.

PO: Sending good luck and get well soon vibes to you for surgery! I'm glad you will have your mom to help out.

MA: Yay for DH spoiling! Sorry about the continuing discomfort. Just know it will all go away right away when you give birth!

rltw: I'm glad you don't need to panic yet! Hopefully you can take care of your insides. I'm having similar problems with my insides lately so I can relate!

gsd: So are you on vacation? Where are you? I'm glad you guys are getting to slow down.

lizo: You're always so busy! Yay for some time off work.

taylor: Sounds like your area really got pounded with the snow.

outwest: YAY for a trail run. And for a massage... I hope I ca go get myself a massage here soon. I hope you get good results from your talk with DBF.

SassySparky

Monk - glad you are all settling in with P! he's so precious! I appreciate your experience about 1st birthday party - we are definitely not close with the other families and you are right, G will not know the difference!

So speaking of Type A personalities .... you remember we hired a new postdoc in our lab last week? Well he's working on getting some experiments set up and writing proposals to be approved by our university. he's doing it completely wrong, and my boss just had to tell me not to go in and do it for him because it's an important learning exercise!