Womens Running

DIVAS DO THE HUMPTY DANCE ON WEDNESDAY (Read 18 times)

outwestrunner

Sassy - Haha!  Oh man, that is classic.  I was telling DBF last night how I like to cook a lot, even though it does take more time and planning, and that I could ask him to make some of the meals, but I'd probably bust in and take over anyway.  Basically everyone stay out of my way!

LucyBelle

The one time I would have had time to post earlier this morning from home, the internet was down! D'oh! Roll eyes

RR: Hopefully I'll have time for something after work. Maybe not a run because we got a few inches of slush and now it's still sleeting/raining, yuck. Perhaps just 20 minutes of ST and 10 minutes of stretching...

NRR: We successfully got the couch to VT last night, but we didn't get home till after 11. CRF's mom kept us at the house talking to us for over an hour and I was sooo annoyed. We mentioned right when we got there we couldn't stay, we had a long drive, we had to work in the morning, etc, and yet every time we made noises to leave, she launched into another long discussion. UGH. I was shooting CRF my best dagger eyes but he didn't take the bait. If it had been my mom I would have been blunt and been like "Sorry, we're leaving." Oh well. I'm probably more grumpy about it than I should be because I have PMS. Today = deadline day so it might be a long one, but hopefully not.

NorCal

OWR- I am like that in the kitchen with DH. He just does everything WRONG! lol. But I am thankful for his help...

Lucy- Wow, late night!!! She really shouldn't have kept you there so late, but I agree that CRF should have taken a stand to get you guys out of there!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

melrunner

Good morning girls!

MA good for you for letting DH spoil you rotten! You deserve it!!!

Sassy I don't know about birthday parties. Can you celebrate cupcakes at his school with his classmates as well?

Lizo do you have your wedding shoes? Sorry about Ms uncle. enjoy your week off.

PO good luck tomorrow. Is your surgery outpatient? Ill text you tonight!

GSD your vacation with the pups, M and DH sounds gorgeous!

Taylor wow all this snow is making me jealous!!

Pumpkin you're so speedy!!! When is your niece/nephew due??

OWR everything ok with DBF??

NC did I miss you got a new job?? When where?? Congrats!!!!

Monk P is gorgeous!!!!!

Lucy so your other non SC sister is moving out of state?? Are you feeling better?? We registered at Bloomingdales and Crate and Barrel physically at the store but I've revised and done some changing online.

TriR spinning and ST tonight.

NtriR dinner after at MILs since my mom is staying there ha they are like best friends!!

I have some wedding stressors that il post on FB later. They are stupid but I don't want to turn into a bridezilla!

LucyBelle

NC: Yeah, apparently his thought process was that, since she was allowing us to keep the couch at her house, we had to be incredibly gracious and let her talk as long as she wanted. Um, no. I don't want to say he's a mama's boy, but he's a people-pleaser, especially when it comes to his family, so he won't do/say ANYTHING that may cause conflict. His mom does give him a hard time, so I get it to an extent, but I also believe you set a precedent and he should have set one long ago. I have 0 problems pissing my parent's off (not that I do it on purpose, but it happens) because I know they'll shrug and get over it. I will be blunt and honest with them. He's the opposite. Like when we were leaving last night, he made a big show of hugging her a bunch of times, said over and over how grateful we were that she was letting us keep the couch there, told her he loved her one million times, and I was like..."Dude it's not like she gave us $10,000." Maybe I'm just a PMS-y biatch. LOL.

LucyBelle

Meli: Yes my younger sister is moving to CT. It is 2 hours from where we live now. Cry I'm sure they'll be back a lot on weekends though. And my older sister is moving back here in the fall! My ear and sinuses are feeling MUCH better!

POruns: So glad you were able to get the surgery scheduled! I hope it goes smoothly and you relax and let your mom help out!

RLTW: You know, last night I was wondering if that issue may be contributing to the problem. I hope you go soon!

NC: I can't wait till I get back to the point when 4 miles feels super easy. I have had so many stinkin' set backs. Grrrr.

MArunner: Oh good, DH clipped your toenails. Now they won't be so bad for your pedicure in 10 days! LOL.

GSD: Your pictures on FB are gorgeous and have made me jealous! Is gorilla walking with her hands dragging on the floor? That's what I picture...

Sassy: I only got into the Avett Brothers a few years ago. You should totally go to the festival! It sounds like fun!

OWR: I hope things are OK with DBF. Maybe you can meet in the middle and both become Type A -? LOL.

Monk: P's gorgeous!

Lizo: Hooray for wedding progress! What dress is your sister wearing? Is she your only bridesmaid?

MA runner girl

Lucy - Haha I could not wait 10 days to get them clipped! It was causing pain while running, oops! So you are saved that task! LOL I think you told me but I can't remember, where in CT is your sis moving? If you go to visit her maybe my house is on the way and you can visit us(assuming you would take 90e to 91s...) Smile Also, that would drive me INSANE if I was out that late and just wanted to leave but DH wouldn't say something! I too have no problem with saying "ok mom, stop talking I need to leave". I can't imagine not being able to tell my parents how I feel!

GSD - Enjoy getting snowed in!! I think you will be fine for your half, esp because you are getting in some tough hikes with that snow! Just enjoy spending time with your family, that's the most important thing, right?

RLTW - OMG that sounds so uncomfy! I hope it resolves itself soon. Hugs!

I have zero problems letting DH cook for me. LOL even though he is awful at cleaning up after himself. Was disappointed to wake up to a sink full of dishes this morning...

OK, gotta get back to work...

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

outwestrunner

Lucy - Sounds like CRF's mom has come to expect that sort of behavior from him.   As for me and DBF, hard to say. He hasn't been working since he moved here (he's been using his savings  so it's not like I'm paying his way or anything), but that is really starting to get on my nerves. He doesn't seem to understand that the reason I am busy when I get home from work is because I have things I need to take care of that I couldn't do while I was at work. Seriously, when else am I supposed to do these things? I feel like he doesn't do anything and I'm always busy (but I like being busy). He thinks I'm too busy, and says he does more than I realize. Therein lies the conflict.

NorCal

Lucy- I can see his point of being gracious, but seriously just thanking her would be enough. And you're right, not like it's $10,000! Haha. But I also think it is sweet that he's a people-pleaser, but boundaries are good too! A constant struggle! DH's mom is storing some of our stuff and every single time she calls or emails, she says "Would you like me to bring some boxes, furniture, etc with me next time I come?" UM, if we had ROOM for it, we wouldn't have asked you to store it! She has a HUGE house, with a giant garage, PLUS another huge garage with an apartment above it, so she has lots of space and offered it in the first place! I just feel like now she hangs it over our head that she's doing us some HUGE favor...

Meli- Well I got another job just 2 days a week at a really nice spa here. I'm keeping my current job until I settle in there and also while I get my own business growing. So yes, I have 2 jobs and am running 2 businesses.... Seriously crazy!

PRs: 

LucyBelle

MArunner: She's moving to Stamford. I have no idea where that is in relation to anything else. I think it's sort of near NYC?

OWR: That sounds tough, I'd be annoyed if CRF wasn't working and yet I still had to do everything around the house. He should be taking care of things during the day so you have less to do when you get home. Why doesn't he get a job? I mean, is he looking and hasn't had luck, or he isn't looking and will do seasonal work?

outwestrunner

Lucy - He started looking last month, and is not wanting to do the seasonal work anymore. As far as I can tell, he's not applying for anything that requires any skills, but then he is shocked when those jobs don't pay a lot. Well what does he expect? He has skills, he's just not looking for the right jobs, and then I come up with ideas for him of where to look. I'm trying not to get involved, because it's his job search, but he's not very proactive.  As for helping around the house, he cleans the dishes and will clean the floors, etc., but I'm not sure why I was the one who cleaned the bathroom yesterday when it was obviously dirty. Like why did it get to that point.  I think we have different standards for how we expect the apartment to look. In my opinion, everything has its place and it should be put there. Don't keep a lot of crap around on the counters. No spaghetti sauce spots on cabinets (I mean COME ON).  SIGH

outwestrunner

Sorry for ranting about it, but it's a little difficult to deal with. I don't think I have unreasonable expectations, but he acts like I'm overly picky, etc. We're having a hard time seeing things from the other's point of view.

MA runner girl

Lucy - Yeah Stamford is really close to NYC, probably 2 hours just from my house, so I'm guessing you wouldn't go that way if it's 2 hours from you too!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

Lucy - Yeah Stamford is really close to NYC, probably 2 hours just from my house, so I'm guessing you wouldn't go that way if it's 2 hours from you too!

Ohhhh boo. Cry Well I will come visit anyway!

OWR: Don't apologize for ranting. I would definitely be annoyed too. Spaghetti sauce on the cabinets, LOL. Reminds me of CRF. He will wash the dishes, then I will go in the kitchen and there will still be food all over the counters and stove. Like, really? You washed the dishes but left the rest of the kitchen dirty? OK...

NorCal

OWR- Living together is so hard! I think having imbalances (you working, him not, you being Type A, him being Type B) just makes it even harder. But hopefully keeping the communication open about it will help work things out!

PRs: