Womens Running

Deep Dish PIZZA FRIYAY!!! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

MMMMMMM I can get behind this day! YUM. Whats better than pizza on a Friday?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Woohoo! Much needed rest day. Of course I could have slept until 7am but was wide awake at 6 .  I woke up starving and have a headache. I must be pretty dehydrated. Lots of resting to come this weekend! Looking forward to our weekend getaway. We don't even have any plans to do anything..just sit around. Fine by me! Smile I will run there tomorrow - looking forward to that because the views are gorgeous!

Going to kind of post and run..my inbox is already blowing up. They are releasing the sites to me today! I will be all on my own soon enough. I may regret this. Wink

Judy – Very interesting on the lying and handwriting! And about DH’s signature. No one can read mine 😊 I just scribble.

Karen – Go get that 20 today! Did you cancel your weekend plans?

Talk with you all later!!

TGIF!!!  My back is better, but not 100%.

I would love to take today off to move my sewing room but my boss has moved my project deadline up a MONTH and it is now due on Tuesday.  Sad

Tessa--I just want to straighten my fabrics/yarn/crap up while I put it away.  I am sew excited to have a larger, fresh new space (without DH's extra stuff in it).

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But deep dish pizza is not pizza, yuck.

I am back home and have Pilates and 12 miles.

Liz, enjoy the rest day!

Susan, ugh at the deadline.  Hope you back feels better.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!  It is DD's 14th birthday today.  She is pretty excited.  Her teeth/gums feel pretty good too, so that's a plus!    Amazing news from one of our friends.  About 3 and a half years ago they went on vacation and left their dog Relic with a friend.  Relic got loose and ran away.  A bunch of people went out to try to find him (including us) but he was never found.  Yesterday they got an email from the microchip company saying that his chip was scanned.  A few minutes later the Milwaukee police called them and said they had Relic.  He was not loose, they "recovered" him.  They went and got him last night.  He is fine.  A little thinner, but fine!  If only dogs could talk, I bet he would have a story to tell!

Liz, I am not a fan of deep dish pizza, and I am from Chicago.    Pizza is good though.  I just like plain cheese.    Enjoy the rest day and your weekend getaway!  I am sure that you will be awesome at your new job!  Haha, all those races should also have a half marathon.    Though, since Sandy is not planning on a spring marathon the weather should be at least decent next winter.    I have never been to NC.  Haha, naughty Ruger!

Sandy, see above.    I am not brave enough to attempt a spring marathon.  I will also add The Passenger to my list.  I am reading The Couple Next Door, another one from Shari Lapena (she wrote An Unwanted Guest).  I just started it but it is good so far.  DD was curious and picked it up, then she skipped right to the back and read the ending!    Once in a while I take a gel before one of my tougher workouts but I have not been fueling at all for my long runs.  I suppose I will have to start doing that for marathon training!  I haven't even been carrying water.  It's nice.    I have a bunch of training that I have to do for work.  Blah.

Kupcakes, thanks for the race input!  It sounds like a race in DC during that time could be more of a "fun run" vs a PR attempt!

Sue, your boss moved your deadline up a month?  Will you be able to get it done?  I am glad your back is better!   Interesting that they just want Cameron to breastfeed.  I think part of the issue with my DD was that breastfeeding was so relaxing to her, she would immediately fall asleep!    DD was much better yesterday, thanks for asking!  Honestly I don't know how she can handle it so well.  

Damaris, glad you are back home!  Enjoy the 12!

Judy, interesting about the handwriting!

Tessa, I am also not a fan of the R&R races.  Washington DC seemed like a nice place to take the kids.  I was planning on doing only a half, due to the "fun" of winter running in the midwest.  I suppose the other option is to postpone the trip until later in the year and train for a marathon or (my first) 50K.

Cathy

Seloc

I do love me some pizza - not sure about deep dish.  TRX/ Bells class plus 3mi.  Gray and drizzly here today.  Makes me want to nap!  Ready for the weekend though have ZERO plans.  I suspect I will get bored haha. Need to get into a new book.  Then there will be basketball tomorrow night.  That's all I've got!!

Karen - hope you are out there rockin that 20miler!

Judy - super interesting about handwriting showing liars.

Tessa - I like how your kitchen table is your work from home "office" haha.  I do have a desk in the other room upstairs but I tend to work from my couch.

Damaris - OMG on that Miami traffic!  Glad you made it home at a decent hour.  Your Mexican dinner the other night looked amazing!!

Lizzie - busy week for you!  I bet it will AWESOME to just chill and relax this week.  Oh, honey, almost every night is beer night around here.  So, yep, for sure had a couple last night.  I eat breakfast when I get to work.  I rely on my fat stores to stave off the hunger.  Plus I am running SIGNIFICANTLY less than you are.  Hooray for no cavities!  Oh no - how is Ruger buddy doing today after getting into the gum?  Is he going with you this weekend?  Hope you get your pay straightened out!  Man, I REALLY need to learn how to light my grill.  Or buy a gas one.  Burgers sound delicious.

Sue - glad your back is feeling better but ugh on the deadline being moved up.  A MONTH earlier?? OMG.  Not cool.  Good luck with the moving!

Cathy - Happy Birthday to DD!!  So glad her mouth is feeling better.  In time to eat CAKE!!  Dinner out tonight?  Awwww what a great, heart-warming story about the pup!!  Great news.  Oh!  A half for the spring!  I missed that.  Yes, SOOOO much more manageable to train for in winter.  Just looked up The Couple Next door - it looks good!  I just downloaded and will read it this weekend.  Only 200 pages?  I'll have it done tomorrow haha.  Okay, so I'm just a doof - I had to look up An Unwanted Guest - I just read it haha.  I never remember the names of books.  Especially when I read them electronically since the cover is not just sitting there.  Good find on the author!  OMG that is hilarious about DD reading the ending.  I remember doing that when I was younger, too!  I carried water yesterday for the first time and didn't really need to.  All it did was make my hands cold even in mittens.

Happy almost weekend, friends!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

You guys. I am so dumb. How busy have I been that I completely missed that Toledo is in 3 weeks? I was on the treadmill doing a 10 minute walk break, and I look over at my dry erase calendar and see that Toledo is in 3 weeks. I am thinking..hmm..that can't be right, I have a cut week and then another peak week AND THEN taper. Uhm. Obviously my plan has too many weeks in it!! My dates must be wrong and I should have started sooner!! LOL. I am so dumb. I was going for 3x 20 milers..but I guess 2 will do! Good thing I had the peak week this week! I guess I am going to fast forward my training plan to TAPER beginning next week! LOL! Oppsie. So yay? One more run until taper! HAHA.

Cathy – Happy Birthday to DD!! Happy she is feeling better! What does she want to do for her birthday? I cried about the dog. OMG. That is so sweet and AMAZING that he was found and is okay after 3 years!! My God. If that was Ruger…man. I can’t imagine. No deep dish for you either?! I will eat it. I would definitely do an NC race with you! I don’t carry water for my longer runs in the winter time. Another PERK for winter running! Its almost time for the humid slog…so I will need water!

Docket – Glad you got home safe! Good luck with the miles. I can’t believe you don’t like deep dish!

Susan – OMG yours boss!!! UGH!!

Sandy – Nice workout today!! Its gray and drizzly here as well. Ah, a nice relaxing weekend for you. It will be nice 😊 Ruger seems to be doing okay! I don’t think he ate much of any..he was curious, maybe tried a piece and didn’t like it. He knew he was bad yesterday..he was sucking up big time. He actually just was under my desk and went near the trash can and looked at me. I gave him a look and he walked away. LOL. He isn’t allowed at the house we rented this weekend ☹ ☹ We are going to board him until Sunday. Sigh. I wish we could take him..but then again I am kinda glad we aren’t. It will be nice to not have to worry about him getting into things. YES! Get on the grilling, girl! Its so easy! You could make like 4 hamburgers and that would last you a week! 😊

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cause it ain’t pizza Wink

I can see you posting here on Friday raceweek that you ran a 20 miler and all of us puzzled by it. 😂

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I'm beat. It was 70 degrees when I started, around 75 when I finished. And humid. At least the sun wasn't out! But my last 20 is done!!! I stopped by the house twice to check on the dogs, who were both very good boys. I haven't done much of anything since, and don't really feel like doing anything the rest of the day. The book I started is pretty long, and I have three more from the library lined up behind it, so obviously I need to just lie around and read this afternoon. And weekend. I will hopefully get in 8 easy miles tomorrow with some of my group, and I have a tempo run on Sunday probably on the TM. We decided not to do the weekend van trip - hanging out inside a small van with two large dogs while it rains just doesn't sound fun. Honestly, I kinda want to wait until after they've gone through their training to take them with us.

Liz, have a great time this weekend! Lying around doing nothing sounds awesome. Yes, we canceled the trip - doesn't sound like fun in the rain. OMG, I'm laughing at your training plan *almost* mishap. I kind of remember you mentioning a cut week after this week and thinking that was an odd way to refer to the start of taper. We have been on pretty much the same schedule for long runs most of the time, so I guess it all worked out okay!

Susan, yikes on the new deadline! And it's not like you don't have enough non-work stuff to keep you busy as it is.

Damaris, hope the 12 goes well after the much deserved rest day. Deep dish is not my favorite, it gives me a headache, but I'll still eat it.

Cathy, happy birthday to DD! Aww, what a great story on the dog. I saw your list of possible races the other day and was going to say the same thing about RnR DC - the weather can be pretty iffy that time of year. But it would be a great trip for the kids. So much to do and see, and a lot of it free. If you choose Asheville, put a lot of hills in the training schedule!

Sandy, sounds like this is definitely the weekend for no plans! Gray here as well, but not drizzly, just hot and humid. I think I am on the library waiting list for An Unwanted Guest (or I will be if I'm not already). I didn't make it through Bridge of Clay, just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again down the road.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Deep dish is still pizza! Though I agree that thin crust is usually better. I prefer a higher ratio of cheese and sauce to crust.

Liz, glad you figured out the difference in plans before race week. Though honestly you can do long runs the week before a race. Or even do a race the week before the race. They call us Maniacs for a reason.

Cathy, glad DD's teeth feel better. Would you be open to April? San Luis Obispo is the last week in April.

As usual, quick post. I do have plans for the weekend. The Renaissance Faire opens tomorrow and I have a good coupon for opening weekend. DS and DN (Dear Nephew) are working there. I shall go, drink lots of cider, and listen to music.

2 miles this afternoon. I didn't get to the gym, and getting up for a run on Fridays is tough when I don't get to bed until 11 because of choir rehearsal.