Womens Running

Worldly Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Go Giants!!

I haven't been watching games closely but it's fun when they go back and forth .. and you don't actually have a team playing at least.  Nerve wracking when you do!  I imagine that offices will close up early today in San Fran.

Have a great day ladies!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

C`````````````````````` (blowing crumbs out of keyboard)

Not irritated at all this morning, and yesterday’s irritation dissolved quickly once I got to work. I think it was a manifestation of the grieving process. Grieving is so weird! 

The lecture was an interesting powerpoint presentation about many area cemeteries. I was surprised at how many of them had Indian burial mounds of various shapes in them. Our state has some famous large ones that are protected. Some of these small cemeteries ended up with graves covered by parking lots.

Tuesday run was 35 minutes on the track, then 10 minutes of cardio at home before the lecture.

Today should be a track run, then cardio.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Lisa, I think the Pinhoti is more remote in places than the AT plus it has a much cooler name. : )  I looked after I wrote that and it is part of the Great Eastern Trail, a new trail in progress that will go from Florida to Maine.

Judy, grieving is weird.  "Widder brain" is what some call the absentmindedness, irritability, etc.

Anonymous Guest

I'll take on the irritation for today. Walking from Metro to my office and I notice my security badge for the building is not clipped to my bag like it always is. Hopefully it fell off in the car or the house, and not on the train. Had to get the front desk guy to let me up in the elevators, and if I don't find it will have to deal with the bureaucracy of getting a new one (this is DC, after all). Okay, looking at the positive, you need a badge to get up the elevators if you get here before 8 a.m., so if I did indeed lose it, tomorrow I'll just have to be late and get here after 8. Darn!

I have a 20-minute massage on my foot and calf scheduled for after work today, then Pilates. No running for at least 24 hours after he pounds the crap out of my lower leg. I was telling my boss about it yesterday (she goes to the same massage guy) and she was laughing at my impression of him.

Lisa and camille, the part of the AT that I've run on was horrible for running (the first 15 miles of JFK 50). Huge slippery ankle-turning rocks throughout.

camille, the Great Eastern Trail sounds cool. When I retire I'd like to do a bunch of hiking, I think.

Hi to all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Go Giants!!

I haven't been watching games closely but it's fun when they go back and forth .. and you don't actually have a team playing at least.  Nerve wracking when you do!  I imagine that offices will close up early today in San Fran.

Have a great day ladies!

Eeek, it's nerve wraking!  Actually glad that I couldn't watch the 10-0 blow out last night since I had a prior commitment.   Hoping tonight goes better.  I'll be leaving early today thanks to my flex schedule 

Quick happy birthday to Marjorie!

Judy, wishing you an irritation-free day.

Karen, hope the massage beats your lower leg into submission.  And wellness.

Camille, a Maine-FL trail would be an adventure.  Like the PCT.  But not like PCT at all in terms of terrain.

Hi to everyone else.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Hobby Jogger Especial!

I'm back! We spent last week at Whidbey Island, WA visiting family and doing tourist stuff. What a neat area. Did some runs in and around Fort Casey - very cool. Saw lots of deer and some bunnies on our runs. Running at sea level is strange, but I tried to get in lots of hills to make sure I'm somewhat ready for my hilly half on Saturday. Unfortunately, I seem to have gotten a cold along the way. Oh well. I'm not going to let that stop me. I've been busy since we've been back so please forgive me for missing a lot.

Howdy!  Did 4 miles on the tm using the incline this morning.  It was either that or drive to the next town and run the bridge to get a hill work out done.  Back is really stiff--debating on the chiro or just rolling when I get home.  Haven't rolled in a week, maybe that is why I am so stiff.

Have a great day everyone!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy birthday Marjorie! You're right, just a number. Especially if it doesn't mean a higher age group.

Judy, grief manifests itself in different ways for everyone. And being irritable can happen for any number of reasons. Glad you enjoyed the lecture! I knew there were mounds in Missouri but didn't know they were in Ohio, though that makes sense, presumably many cultures have built mounds as mausoleums.

Shadow, Whidbey Island? Lovely! Did you drive up to Deception Pass? Ragnar has a relay course that starts in Blaine and goes south along the coast and then ends up on Whidbey. We did it in 2009 and it was just gorgeous, especially going through Deception Point with the sun setting, partly cloudy day with the mist and spray diffusing the light.

Karen, how annoying on the lost badge. I hope you find it.

Camille, trail sounds lovely. I dunno. I'm a lot less irritable without DH...

Not following the World Series closely, just hoping that they do not have an earthquake in the Bay Area like they did that one time the Giants were in the World Series (1989). Gatsby, I imagine the baseball is being followed closely where you are.

Susan, having been in your area, I imagine you do have to go out of your way to find hills to train on. RN and I were talking about that this morning. She wants to do some hill repeats, maybe one of our morning runs. OK, I'm in. She then suggested the steepest hill in our tract. Wah!

Lisa, Leona Divide it is! Easter is April 5 so that's not an issue. I will be happy to show you the course, whichever variation Keira uses this year. Anyone else interested? Karen, I know you have California, but you can always repeat a state...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

did 10.2 miles this am.  Just work and hanging out with the pups.  Dh is at the office.  Will be low keyed today for my birthday.  Just going to go to the movies on Friday.

Judy sorry about the grieving.  It takes a long time.

Karen hope the badge is at home or in the car.

Tessa and for me not racing any more it really doesn't mean anything as to my age.

Waves to everyone

Marjorie

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Happy Birthday, Marjorie!

camille2

Happy bd, Marjorie!