Womens Running

Muggy Monday (over 40) (Read 16 times)

runlikeagirl18

Post.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I got up and out for a slow, humid 3.2 miles this morning. My legs were pretty trashed from yesterday's less-than-great 12 miler. Turns out that riding in the car all day and eating fast food on the road is NOT the best prep for the next day's long run. Oh well, it's in the books.

Cindy

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy birthday, Cindy!

rest day today. Just a brief walk.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Morning all! Slept in a little this morning, then breakfast, then a little bit of work, so it looks like I'll be doing my 8 on the hotel TM. Meeting the realtor at 2 to look at three that I liked the best and two more neighborhoods. DH is on a conference call right now - not sure what he's going to do with himself without a bike here! The "fitness center" only has two TMs and an eliptical.

Cindy, the more you get into the longer runs, the more important nutrition becomes. It's so hard when you travel though, I totally understand.

Hi Marjorie!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 and weights tonight.

Karen, been meaning to ask, how did you like the airplane move?

Cindy, happy birthday!  Nice birthday run!

Marjorie, enjoy the well deserved rest.  How many miles do you estimate to run in August? Back at your numbers?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Damaris I should be over 260 for August. So almost where I was.

Marjorie

Happy birthday Cindy!

Easy swim this morning.  Saturday was 33 mile ride in the country with training partners.  A coyote ran right in front of me when I was pulling!  Really startled me.  Sunday was a brutally humid 5 miler.  We were just done.  Done.

Ginny--hope the arm is doing better.  Maybe now you can have lazy guy at the library do your work for you.  lol.  At least you have a legitimate excuse.

Karen--house hunting??

Tessa--congrats on the race finish

Some people should not be on Zappos.com after payday with out adult supervision.....just sayin .....

Have a great day!

runlikeagirl18

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I managed to screw up the router today, so that now only half the devices in the house will connect. DH is NOT pleased. Feh.

Cindy

Anonymous Guest

So we've narrowed it down to three houses/lots in two neighborhoods. We're going to look again in the morning and make a decision, then meet with our realtor tomorrow afternoon to work with the builder. I'm excited, but can't decide which I like best. One of the houses is quite a bit bigger than the other two, and is on a premium corner with no neighbors behind it, but it is also a lot more expensive. And more house than we need. So we'll probably go with one of the other two, just need to decide which neighborhood we like better.

Hey, remember when my old employer laid off me and my first boss, keeping on my last boss that was a complete idiot? First boss heard that they have finally realized he wasn't doing anything, got rid of the separate offices downstairs and moved him into an interior office upstairs that they made where my old cubicle used to be...before I was moved into a window office. And he no longer has an assistant, or a board to report to, he's just another employee. Guess they finally figured out the problem wasn't me and first boss. Karma.

Damaris, the first time I did it I was like I think I remember you "you want me to do what?!?!?" But we did it again, and it was kinda cool. My sister is flying into town this Friday (about four hours after we land), so my Pilates instructor is going to make my private session a class for two so my sister can do it too. Should be fun.

Marjorie, good to hear you're getting your mileage back to normal. Well, normal for you, a little crazy for most of us. I may be close to 300 this month and I think it's about to kill me! I need a break!!!

Susan, that would totally freak me out on the bike. Especially since you were on the front! Yes, house hunting. We're building new and most builders are saying 6 months out, which would be February /March timeframe, so we're hoping to put down a deposit this week while we're down here. I'll move down with the dog once the house is ready, then DH will get the last of the repairs to the old house done and get it ready to sell before moving down to join us. Exciting, but this heat and humidity will take some getting used to!

Anyway, got 8.4 in on the TM. 11 miles with some faster than MP miles on the agenda tomorrow. My foot is bugging me, so it may end up being less than 11 and the miles may be a little slower than MP. Will see what I'm up for in the morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel