Womens Running

Treat me Right Thursday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

No Tricks for us... of any kind.

Off to gym.  Didn't I just say good night?

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Morning!

LisaMMR - Love seeing your progress!!!  The Chocolate 5k looks like fun - I would really be tempted to come on down and join you guys, but we are in "full on" wedding mode here....so the next week-ends are pretty booked with last minute things.

Ginny - Happy Birthday!!!  Have a great day!

Marjorie - Glad all went well at your "girly exam"  Smile  Where I work now, most people take very good care of themselves....so sometimes I have nothing to offer either!

Had a great 4 miler last night....absolutely gorgeous weather, gotta love Fall!  I think I am finally over the "tired and cranky" post-marathon period.....geesh.....that is enough to make me not want to do another....I would rather run it, then recover from it.

Happy Halloween!

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I soaked up Fall. It was great fun! I raked and raked and bagged leaves for 75 minutes. The shoulders got a great workout. Big grin I slept so well after all that fresh air!

Today should be routine...track run, then cardio.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Run failed. Still having issues. I'm not amused but I will wait and see. Discomfort shifted back to SI from the muscles. My PT brain said to let it go so I did.

Seems we are losing a lot of posters. Do we need to go back to runners world?

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

5 yesterday, will run 3-4 tonight, then rest tomorrow. I fly out in the morning, Indy Monumental Marathon on Saturday, then up to Chicago to run the Hot Chocolate 15K with my sister on Sunday. Should be a fun, busy weekend. Planning on running the marathon easy so I have something left for the 15K - I'd like to actually race that if I can.

Can't believe how busy I am at work. I haven't even been here three full weeks. I guess that's part of the problem, still learning how to do things so everything takes longer.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, glad you are making progress and that you are looking at a race.

Marjorie, sorry your SI is acting up again. I'm not sure about runnersworld -- have you been on it lately? I pop in every few weeks but last time I was there Women's was not very active and all the threads seemed to be of the "just found out I'm pregnant, can I run X race?" type.

Karen, marathon Saturday then a 15K Sunday and you are planning to race the 15? Wow.

Carol, there's a cure for postmarathon blues. Run another marathon! *grin* How are the wedding plans going?

Judy, that does sound like a good workout for your shoulders and arms.

5.4 with RN this morning. Usually we go 4 miles, but we had a bit of time and she suggested we go to the next light. No problem. I was tempted to suggest that we go to the light after that next time.

The fact that the next stoplight after the light we went to is approximately 20 miles up the road might pose a bit of a problem.

Hope all had a good Halloween. Rainy here. Our department dressed up as The Wizard of Oz. Not sure why they picked Wicked Witch for my costume... Fun party at work.  Glad the green face makeup came off though.

Been trying to remember not to hyper extend knees when walking.  Might as well try to remember to breath out of left nostril only.

Marjorie-maybe you should see a PT about that back? LOL

Tessa-sounds like a good idea, why not make it a fartlek to the next light?

Carol-I guess it's progress but still far from normal.

Karen-sounds like fun!

Judy-glad that the raking didn't kick up any asthma issues!

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa oh I know. Rw is not very active at all. Going back is not going to happen. They still get spam too

lisa hmm. Um no. I see myself enough evety day. Ha.

We we went out to dinner. Now just watching tv.

Marjorie

I'm still here!  <waving>  I don't post much on weekdays since I get home so late but love catching up with everyone on the weekend.  I'm trying to get organized for NYC marathon on Sunday since we leave tomorrow.  Damaris, I think you said you're going to the expo on Friday so I won't see you there (we're going Saturday) but I'll try to text you at some point.

Marjorie, boo on lingering injuries.  Sending you get well now dangit vibes (since the get well soon vibes don't seem to be working).

Lisa, I enjoyed the Halloween pics on FB.   Would some sort of knee brace thingy help train your knee not to overextend?

Tessa, remind me never to let you pick the turnaround landmark when out for a run.

Karen, have great runs this weekend.

Hi Judy, you're full into Fall mode I can see.

Carol, better keep running marathons to head off the crankies.

Halloween tonight but so far only one set of kids.  Oh well, more candy for me!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR