Womens Running

Thundersnow THURSDAILIES (Read 17 times)

Seloc

Woke up to thunder.  And, yep, it's snowing like crazy!  They lied and we were back to Winter Storm Warning by yesterday afternoon.  Drive home was sketchy.  Complete white out in one area.  Probably about 6 in out there with a few more to come.   I was planning to go to the gym and shuffle on the dreadmill but I don't want to leave the house!  Might go in a little bit, might not.  Sure hope the weather is better where YOU are!!

HCK - glad you finally got a computer back!  Nice 7 miles.

Working from home so will get started on that.  Though people always comment on my early emails.  Whatever.  Later, peeps.  I'm sure I'll be back to talk about the weather.  Cuz that's what we do in these parts...  

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Took my RD yesterday so 6 at some point today.  I'm WFH and it's my Thriday.  So happy.

Sandy, sorry about the thunder.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! I did 9+ yesterday with the last 6 @ MP.

I was going to travel today too..but after 10 hours on the road the past 2 days, I am DONE. Hanging my hat up for the week. Just exhausted and I have a pile of work to do. I still don't have access where I need it - which is frustrating. Not their fault - the client has to set me up in their system and apparently it takes forever. People have been helping me submit work orders and things, but I feel bad having them do my work! I am doing what I can!

Next week I am going to stay at my brothers for 2 days to get my sites in up there. There are about 12 in his area - so it just makes sense to stay a few days to get them done! Plus then I get to see baby E! Smile

Other than work, nothing new and exciting. I still love the job, just wish I had all my access!!

Looking forward to GC!!! AHHHHH!!!!!  So excited.

Sandy – Oh no on those workout plans yesterday. Its better to stick to your own plans! No worries though. I would have thought the same thing you did – a lot of clothes to put on for 3 miles! But, I can also pull a Cathy and blow up your phone at 3:30 if you want 😊 Sorry about the blizzard ☹ Cathy sent me a picture yesterday of a snowy WI. Come on to VA, we are actually having some decent weather – 70’s! Don’t kill me.

Karen – NICE RUN yesterday! You crushed! Does the speedwork calm down now? Does it ever? 😉 I have been trying to modify my plan to cut back on more miles.

Judy – Nice workouts as always!!

Cathy – Do you still have snow or did it melt? 😊 I feel the EXACT same way during taper time. Running too much, too hard, not enough..it messes with my brain! But in the end, we are usually ready and there is a taper for a reason, right? 😊 You are ready!!! Your runs have been awesome. I can’t wait to see how you do. Hopefully GC does text alerts so I can keep track of everyone! 😊 Glad your boobies are okay! Do you ever do self exams? I try to make it a point too but it really weirds and grosses me out. Maybe that’s just me. Yuck. HCF always offers. 😉

Kilmisters – Hang in there with the juggling! Have a great time with Lisa!

Carol – Ugh, good luck on the colonoscopy prep.

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles last night!

Aw, Tessa. I hope you are feeling a little better!

Docket – Thriday! I love it!! Have a good run later! 😊

Happy Thursday! This week has flown by.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Howdy! RD for me too.

Sandy--Yikes on the weather!!!  It will be close to 80* here today, and we have a guest bedroom (but it is full of stuff!!!) so c'mon down!

Lizzie--hopefully work will start to come together soon.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

RD for me today too because I will run my long tomorrow.

Lots of anxiety lately hence my being MIA.  work cutting a shift in September  (I will still be working but will be bumped to a much harder job physically which won't be nice given I'm old now 😕 but it doesnt bode terrible well for long term factory remaining here) and of course these upcoming races.  Especially Twilight Zone.  I want to do reasonably well so i can have confidence about Woodstock training. Also some  local friends will be there and is it bad that I want more miles than them. Someone (me) is a competitive jerk. Especially since they are downplaying my ability.  I hate that.

Sandy....thunder is ok. Snow certainly is not. We may get some tonight but it will likely  be just flurries

Damaris....enjoy your Thriday. I assume that means a long weekend .

Liz....you have been killing your runs. I'm excited to see how well you do in GC

Sue...enjoy your rest day

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sandy, I cannot believe your weather, how crazy.  Though, I do remember snow in May once in college.  I don't blame you yesterday for turning over and not going for 3 at the butt crack of dawn.

Damaris, enjoy your WFH Thriday.  Thats funny.

Lizzie, glad the job is so good, even without access.  Enjoy your RD.

Sue, we are having nice weather too.

Lori, good luck with the job stuff.

Today is a lazy morning with a TRD...  What you ask is that, it is a TATTOO rest day.  Getting a big phoenix on my thigh.  Wont go tomorrow either as I will likely have a cover on it still.  At least that is what he did last time.

Work is work, totally annoyed last night as the other doctor, though good, is slow as shit.  He farts around.  He got there at 6.   By the time I left at 10 he was only finished with one, and was midway though 2 others.  And one was a nothing case that should have taken 15 min.  I saw about 8-9 in that time.  WTF.

Woot Woot Woot.  GC!  Just 2 weeks away.

Shit, Monday is tax day.  Since I did contract work half the year (they don't take out taxes), and did not save enough, I owe a rather sizable chunk-o-change.  Crap.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Just 6 for me this morning. I got out a little earlier than I have been since it's been getting so hot here, plus UPS is supposed to pick up a package and they usually get here sometime between 10-2, so I wanted to be done by then. I want to hit the grocery store, dry cleaner and packet pickup for my race Sunday, but it all depends on when the UPS guy shows.

DH keeps messing with sensitivity of the camera in the driveway, so every day I run by the house I go back and check to see if it picked me up. It doesn't seem like it will ever pick me up running on the street (it gets cars going by, and occasionally my neighbor walking his Doberman, but not most people), but I learned this morning that it now will pick me up if I run on the sidewalk. Am I the world's biggest dork that I'm trying to now look frame by frame and analyze my running form?

Margaret, Sträva stalking is fun! Your runs are always so twisty turny......and lots of elevation. Kind of the exact opposite of me.

Cathy, I swear no matter what plan I use, and how many races I train for, I second guess myself during taper.

Elina, have a blast with Lisa this weekend! And with floorball playoffs/end of season.

Carol, hope the colonoscopy went okay. Prep and not being able to eat anything but jello, gatorade, etc. is the worst. But I'm with Sandy - free pre-race weight loss!

Sandy, ugh, that stinks about the weather. I know you are ready for some nice spring weather. Maybe next March/April plan a trip down here - we have guest rooms!

Damaris, it's practically your weekend! Hooray.

Liz, I saw those MP miles on Strava, that was a nice run. I'm really hoping for good PR weather at GC. Looking at that speedwork yesterday kinda cracks me up. All optimistic early on easy jogging between intervals, then as I got hotter and more tired the recoveries became walk/jog, then walk, then slow walk. I think I have one more speed workout next week and that's it. And it's not as bad as the one yesterday.

Lori, work does sound stressful. I don't blame you at all for wanting to run more miles than certain people, especially if they are discounting you.

Kathryn, ugh on the slow doctor. What the hell takes him so long? TRD, have to say that's a new one for me. And one I'll likely never experience myself. Yours are gorgeous but I just can't see myself ever getting one.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Seloc, thunder snows are really weird. We had one in the DC area the day that the plane crashed into the Potomac River. The sky was green during the lightning.

Today I did 60 minutes of a light easy run on the TM. We have the cutest little dog that always comes into the room to be petted. He's tiny and curly haired with big "button" eyes.
                  Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

The weather sucks, but hey, it's not as bad as MN.    We got about an inch of snow and it's 32 and raining today.  We'll be in the 40's the rest of the week.  Oh well, we had spring for a few days.  7 easy miles on the TM this morning and a dentist appt that went well.  Lots of RD's on here today!    I saw that they posted the elevation chart for the full marathon at GC on FB.  It's been awhile since I ran a race that flat!  It should be fun.  

Sandy, I am so so sorry about your weather.  I really did not want to leave the house this morning with the rain and 40 mph winds.  Enjoy WFH!  Finally finished The Couple Next Door, I think my next book is one that you suggested, I See You.  I am on call this weekend, so I envision lots of reading time.  

Damaris, enjoy your 6 and the virtual Friday!

Lizzie, awesome run yesterday!  The work situation sounds frustrating, I hope it gets sorted out soon!  Nice that you will be able to stay with your brother while travelling.  The snow is sticking around despite the rain.  The trail series starts this weekend, I am kind of glad that I am not signed up to run!  I was wondering if the Race Joy app will do text alerts during GC.  Or if that would be too distracting while I am running.    But it could also be good distracting!  I don't do as many self-exams as I probably should.  It does seem a little weird.     Nice of HCF to offer to do it for you, his concern is very touching. 

Lori, sorry about all the anxiety!  Good luck on the long run!

Kat, tattoo rest day?    I am looking forward to seeing the tattoos in person!  That slow doctor sounds really annoying.  Ugh on the taxes!

Karen, wow, it's been hot there!  You can have our 32, feels like 16.    Haha, I am not surprised you want to analyze your running form.  My friend with the Ring doorbell showed me some videos she had of me and DD with her dogs.  Maybe I should run back and forth by her house.  

Kupcakes, sounds really frustrating about your work computer!

Carol, hope things go well today!  I have my first colonoscopy next month.  I call it a cleanse.  Yay.

Cathy

Seloc

Back to talk more about the weather .  If you don't hear from me tomorrow, it means my house blew away.  Wind has been NON STOP rattling everything.  There is a Severe Thunderstorm Warning because of it and hail.  And they have canceled the Severe Weather Awareness drill due to the blizzard.  The big fat robins keep coming around looking for the bird bath water that is now buried in snow.  He was hopping in front of the patio door trying to get some of the melt for awhile.  Tormenting the kit kat.  It was pretty hilarious!

Anyway, that's all I've got.  Completely demoralized and isolated here.  Maybe this will light the fire I need to move the heck out of dodge.

Karen - careful with the invites!  I may show up in December and not leave until the end of April.  Nice job getting out for the run early-ish.  Haha laughing at your gait analysis on the security camera.  Fun, though, no doubt!  I mean who doesn't look at their reflection when running by a shop window??

Kat - slow people annoy me.  At work, in the grocery store, you name it!!  Yah, I owe plenty in the tax dept as well.  Not pleased about it.  FUN on the tattoo!!  I've always secretly wanted one (and for awhile was sorta planning to do so for this last birthday.  ya know, the big cough one cough) but I have not ever been able to come up with something meaningful.  I think I would want something written on my forearm crosswise up near my elbow.  If that even makes sense.  Enjoy your TRD (as opposed to a TURD hee hee) and can't wait to see it!!  In person, even, SOON!!

Lori - crap, sorry for the anxiety!  But try not to let those others bring ya down.  People that do that are either 1) jealous or 2) insecure.  You do YOU!!  I, for one, think you are pretty damn awesome.  Can't wait to meet you!!

Sue - 80*?!!  Aw, man!!  See my comment to Karen.  Heck, next winter, maybe I should leave MN in mid-Nov and spend a few weeks at everyone's place until heading back north mid-April.  You, Karen, Kat, Lizzie, friend in Dallas, friend in Austin, friend in Raleigh in no particular order.  Sound good?  Cool, thanks!!  

Lizzie - wow, that's a lot of driving!  Glad you are still liking it.  No doubt it makes for some busy days.  How many accounts do you have?  Hope you get your access soon!  I bet you are loving your WFH days.  Well, I don't hate you but I am SUPER jealous of your weather.  I can't even be bothered to document the crap that is going on outside right now.

Damaris - happy Thriday!!

The weather and lack of workouts is making work feel extra annoying.  Things have to change soon, right?!!  Later...

Edited to fix my spelling of Severe.  Good gravy.

Seloc

Cathy - x posted with you!  Awww, thanks for the condolences on the weather.  I truly feel like I am in mourning.  Sorry for the snow and rain.  That wind is INSANE!!  We are supposed to be getting rain later but they also said we were supposed to start with rain and it's just been all snow.  It's gross.  Nice 7 on the ol' mill.  See, again, I am wishing I had one at home.  Again, time to start pondering a move - either a move to a warmer climate or a move to a place were I could put a dreadmill.  Le sigh.  Same stuff, different year.  So funny your friend saw you and DD walking dogs on Ring.  My sister has seen my nephew smooching a girl on the front step.  That made me laugh!  Super excited to meet you in person in a couple weeks!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Enjoy the rest day! A lot of us are taking some rest days today 😊

Lori – Aw, I am sorry about the anxiety. I know the feeling. You are going to do great in the races. I know it. I totally get being competitive with yourself – I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. It makes you a better runner, right? 😊 I think race time gives us all anxiety! Sorry to hear about the job. I guess its good that they didn’t cut your shift!!

Kathryn – You don’t have extra time to pay taxes? Ugh. HCF is going to do his today. Tattoo?! I hope you are prepared to show us all the tattoos in 2 weeks!!! 😊 Sorry about the slow doctor. I hate slow workers. I have to watch myself sometimes around HCF..he is a slow mover and sometimes it annoys the hell outta me!!

Karen – So let me ask you this. Does it cost to have UPS come and pick up a package (assuming we are talking about a MAILING package 😉 )? I have been dropping mine off lately since I don’t have the convenience  of a mail room anymore. Our UPS store is out of the way! LOL, I would be doing the same thing with the camera! In fact, when we were watching the footage from HCF’s heart attack, I replayed the footage of me running up the driveway several times. I was just criticizing myself though. Ha. HEY, no racing this weekend.

Judy – Aw! You got to play with a dog on International Pet Day!! 😊

Cathy – Nice treadmill run this morning! Bummer on Spring already being over. Come to VA! 😊 HCF had a dentist apt too. Apparently the dentist was yelling at him while they were doing his filling because he kept falling asleep 😊 I LOL’d at your comment about his concern over my self exam. HAHA. I was going to say what he offered to do but thought that might be a little much. 😉

Sandy – UGGHHH on your weather! I am sorry ☹ You are welcome here..ANYTIME!! 😊 Slow people annoy me also. ESPECIALLY on the road and in grocery aisles. I have 75 accounts. Some are closing..but that is still a lot! I have only done 13 inspections! LOL. I will have help this year since I am still new..but I think I will be able to do them all myself. Laughing at your sister catching your nephew smooching! Shouldn’t he have known about that?! 😉

Have a good evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles and strength training. Day did not start out good, landline rang at 6:30am, which is never good. My first sentence was "did you call 911". Fortunately, everything turned out ok. I also got lucky in that I had left the stove on when I took the phone upstairs to DH, no eggs got burned.

KatS, I feel your pain on the taxes. I entered the last interest the other day, just watching the amount go up more was enough. I didn't have Turbo Tax run through the state ones. We owe a lot. Crazy thing is we both claim 0 and have extra taken from our checks.

Seloc, I had the weather channel on and they were showing one of the lakes. Weird, it looked frozen but then there were waves.

BerthaSlayer, sorry about the job stress. I totally understand the competitive part.

Docket_Rocket

Lori, hugs.  Hope things get better.

Hello all!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page