Womens Running

Wonderful Weather WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Awesome weather this weekend! Hope everyone is having the same!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me! Heading to core soon.

This ends me at 63 miles for the week! Which is a mileage PR for me! Smile I actually was at 62.9 so I went back out and ran around the culdesac a few times. LOL.

Awesome run! Does not feel like I ran 21+ miles yesterday. I am officially in taper mode! WOOHOO!

We have the kids this weekend - HCBF's niece and nephew. It really shouldnt be too bad..but..pray for me. LOL. i can't promise that I will rest tomorrow..I may need to get away. Its too bad I dont have Monday off so I can decompress! LOL. These two are just VERY VERY hyper. Ugh.

Good luck Damaris and Run4kupcakes!!!

Have fun volunteering today, Cathy! Or maybe its tomorrow?

Hope you are rocking that 20 Sandy!

Okay..off to gym. Talk with you guys later!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - You are a mileage BEAST!!!  Hope all goes ok with the kids 

Susan - Big congratulations on the beautiful little granddaughter!!!!  She looks precious!  Do they close to you?

Sandy - Hope your 20 is going good!

Had our last “longish” run yesterday.  Weather stalking doesn’t look bad - week out!

Hi to all!!!

Carol

Half Crazy K 2.0

That was ugly. About what I would expect for a warm day.To add to the misery, 5 POPs for just under 2000 runners. I hope the is a special place in hell for everyone who cut in line.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, SIXTY-THREE MILES?????? WOW.  I cannot fathom that.  Good luck with the kids.  I am sure you will do great.

Carol, Glad the weather looks decent.

HCK, 5 for 2000?  That sucks.

Waiting to get motivated for a run, as I should be trying for a decent amount, I am trying to psych myself up.

So, I put the pic on my FB page, but thought I would be goofy and pop it on here to amuse you all.  It certainly amused me.  Actually, all 3 dogs have eyebrows, but only one pic was cute.  Yes, alcohol was involved...

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

8 miles with a couple of my baby runners. One of them started early to get a few extra miles in then came back by at 7 to run with the rest of us. It's the little things that make me proud. Beautiful morning - about 60 degrees, low humidity. Supposed to get up to 80 this afternoon, so I think that means it's a backyard/hammock/pool kind of Saturday.

HCK, sorry the race kinda sucked. And oof on the lack of POP. I can't remember, is this a new race?

Liz, congrats on the weekly mileage PR. I'm sorry mammal was such an ass. Again. Have fun with the kids this weekend?

Carol, hooray for that last longish run and full on taper! When do you head to Pittsburgh?

Got a message from Damaris on course.....it's hilly. The hills are not stopping her, but they are slowing her down. I told her going in there's no shame in walking on the hills - I have a feeling she's going to finish strong and be ready for the nice flat one she's got coming up in a few weeks. Anyway, she's predicted to finish in around 5 hours after 30K with about 3 miles of uphill (at least) in there.

I was going to stop at the grocery store on my way home from the run and completely forget. I guess I should go do that now....hope I'm not so late in the day that all the working people that have to shop on the weekend are out already!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

HCK...the 5th circle of hell is for line cutters.  Today must just be an ugly day...woke up with a migraine, farrier was late, at least the horses behaved today.

The weather at the Heartland keeps warming up...it's up to 49/75 and sunny now.  I think the Alli shorts and not the tights might be called for.  Chilly start though.

That's wonderful about Damaris.  Saw her post on FB at the start.

Kat, you are silly.  Poor doggie.

Karen, can you do a time based training plan for the 50 miler or is it just miles based.  I'm kind of concerned.  I did 50 min last night on the TM and got just 2.7 miles...at that rate I'll be out there all day and all night.  Granted I'm just walking (3.3 mph) and it's an 18:36 pace.  Aft this 50k I'm going to try and get at least one day a week on my hilly road and another increasing my walking speed.  I certainly have the base but still need to watch my HR.  Any suggestions?

Sandy I hope your LR went well.

Hi everyone. Supposed to do late lunch with DD and family but it depends on if I can get rid of this headache.

Seloc

Hello hello. Happy lovely weekend!  Been a bit MIA trying to stay off the inter webs. Thank you to everyone for their well wishes on my long run!  Got in 18. Shoulda been 20 but I was too lazy to add on once back home. Meh. Couldn’t have asked for better weather. Still one little pile of snow at the end of the street that should be gone tmrw. Sun is strong so sitting on the patio in shorts and a tank. Only in MN does one do that at 50*. Gotta warm up these old bones after one hard and verrrrrry long winter.

Lizzie you rock. In so very many ways. That is all. Go Damaris!  Go Lisa!  Gah sorry the race sucked HCK. But hey add it to the experience arsenal. Cathy your post yesterday made me laugh. Used toilet seat??  Hmmmm. Tessa you sound so busy always. Suuuuper happy you have some new little moggies!!  I’ve been meaning to ask abt that. I follow this account on Insta that fosters and oh my goodness. Love. Karen your posts made me laugh too this week. Especially the video Karen pulling off to the side of the road 🤣. Laura hope you got some of this nice weather and maybe a run with RB?  Diane sorry abt the headache. Hope you can still meet for lunch. Carol!  Race next week, right??  Go get em!! OMG Kat I seriously laughd out loud at the eyebrows hahaha. Wish you were closer to Dallas as I will be there for work in a couple weeks.

Surely I’ve missed some folk!  Doin the lazy chick shouts from the phone on the patio. I do not expect to move from here today. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

4 miles for me, it is really windy today, about blew me over!  Nothing much going on here, the kids and I are going to take the doggies for a walk and I think BF and I are going out to eat tonight.

Lizzie - wow, that is some mileage!  I have been happy with my 20+ miles the past few weeks, I can't even imagine 63, you are awesome!  Good luck with the kid sitting!!

Hi Carol - glad the training is going well!!

K - wow, only 5 potties?  That is criminal!!  At least it is over and you can enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kat - I LOVE the pic, too funny!!

Karen - nice 8!  Have a good day!

Diane - hope your headache goes away!

Sandy - nice job on the 18!!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, it was hilly AF, I think almost as bad as the Flying Pig. I thought I could break 5 hours but hahahahaha, no. 5:13:16. If the elevation is really similar to Flying Pig, I ran that one in 5:37 so an improvement. If not, I suck but those 4+ of pure uphills killed me.

I had fun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Woohoo! .Woolmarket Duathlon #1 in the books.  5K + 11 mile ride.  Run wasn't too bad. Hip didn't hurt and I was under 28:30. Ride was great. 1st in my AG (small race but I will take it). I was not going to race bc my hip has hurt SO much the past week I had to walk. Glad I got out there.

Yay Damaris! Way to hang in there!

DD and sweet Ann Marie are home now. I'll go by later. They only live two miles away, which is nice.  I want to give them a little space but his family is ALWAYS there.  Will see how it goes. I think the excitement will settle down soon. I never had family around when mine were born, so I don't know how much to be over there.

Tessa-- thank you for fostering! I think later in the summer I may try to talk DF into it.

Diane--are you racing this weekend or next weekend?

Have a great weekend!!

WTG Damaris!  I know hills are not your friend.  But, great training for the non-hilly one in a few weeks.

HCK, ugh, cutting in line for potta-potties is so, so wrong.  Bad karma too.

CrazySue, congrats to everyone on the new (grand)baby!  Hope mama and babe are doing well.  MTA: great job on the du!  Congrats on the AG award!

LC, nice miles and enjoy dinner out!

Seloc, nice LR today.  I'm with you on spending less time on the Interwebs.  Too stressful!

Karen, glad to hear that your baby runners are doing well!  Hammock/pool sounds like a great day.

Kat, hee hee on the doggie eyebrows.

Carol, enjoy your taper!

Lizzie, nice miles for you!  Good luck on the weekend with the kids.  The week I spent watching my sister's 4 girls was the hardest thing I've ever done.  

18.5 miles for me today, some of it with my RC.  Going to stay off the roads this weekend bc there's a big festival called Dream Machines at the local airport (cars, planes, motorbikes, farming equipment, basically anything with a motor).  Lots of people in town, lots of traffic.  Good excuse to be productive around the house!  Or drink coffee and waste time!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Was fun volunteering this morning. Had a special cooler for those I knew. Now at a Starbucks in Indy waiting for Kaite to be done with rehearsal. Will see her for a few before she has to get back for the show. Looking forward to the run tomorrow. Should be awesome weather and I feel like I'll do well. (ask me at 2 or 3am when I get back though... LOL)

Karen-I knew you were yelling at VK to get her lazy a$$ moving which is funny since in real life she was.

Diane-sitting at a Starbucks and I really did LOL at how you ended up signing up for a 50k. Now that you have the distances under your belt and you're doing strength work, you will (not) surprise yourself and do awesome. Believe it and you will achieve it! The Dragon is powerful! (and not just because it 11-12)

Lizzie-as an HR professional I can only say that .... I wish you really could sign the email that way! He deserves it. LOL at you running the extra .1 to get to 63.

Carol-hope the weather holds for you!

HCK2-Send the line cutters to me.. I literally can find them a special place in Hell... Hell, Michigan that is. With lots of fluids and NO POP.

Kathryn-it's a good thing that the "special team race gear" is coming to my house or I fear for the dog's reputation because of the pics you would take. (And we will let Tessa muddle over what the "special team race gear" could mean, but I will put one thought out of her mind in that it does not have a proof associated with it.. other than what you were under the influence of when you ordered it).  Oh and I volunteered with some local hashers. They had bloody mary's at 7:30am which was my very first clue.

Sandy-18 is good! And hardly a "lazy chick" with 18 miles done.

Laura-are you doing North Country this year?

Damaris- you thought Kentucky would be flat? :-) Congrats on the 5:13!!! Enjoy bourbon everything!

Sue-woot on the Duathlon and winning AG!! Baby vibes must be working!

Margaret-"dream machines" includes farm equipment? That made me chuckle. Nice work on the 18.5!

Lisa

Lisa, have fun at the 50k tomorrow!

DHuff, missed you earlier. Hope the headache is better by now!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, haven't a clue what you are talking about...but that may be because the Saturday night proof is already working...3 glasses of wine and 1 cider.

Susan, very nice name!

Kupcakes, 5 portajohns for 2000 runners? That's about as bad as LAM wnen it was  put on by Devine Racing. Fewer than 100 portapotties for 20,000 runners plus spectators and volunteers and even worse, nobody was assigned to restock the portapots with TP. I was so glad I had paper napkins in my shorts pocket.

Period talk...eh, the guys can deal. Though they usually don't. If  anyone has seen or heard "Come from Away", the musical about 9/11 and the planes that landed in Gander, Newfoundland, there's a scene where the townsfolk are getting ready for the people from all the planes that had to land there. They're getting the school ready for 700 visitors and first one woman says "those planes probably got some babies on them" and the mayor's down to the supermarket for diapers, then someone else says "those babies are probably gonna be hungry" and the mayor's back for formula and baby food, then another woman says "those planes are probably filled with women of childbearing age" and after the mayor blanches one of the female school staff is down to the supermarket for pads and tampons. Men do NOT want to deal with that.

12 miles this morning, not great considering I have ultras on the schedule, but better than last week's.

Kittens are doing very well, I'm hoping they stay well. Constant worries for a while. They are fat and sassy and hungry, though, which helps.