Womens Running

Dare I say - ITS FRIYAY!!! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Gym this morning with weight machines and elliptical to warm up. Put all the weights down a bit to test things. A few machines didn't feel good so either skipped or put weight even lower on them. Felt good to do that though and feeling well today so that is a major plus!

Lizzie-nice early "not so long" run. LOL 12 on a weekday is long sister!

Sue-hope the vacay doesn't go awayay. The spousal support for able bodied adults is just so annoying. I get it that life won't be the same but hello... neither is mine. I lost income and stability too but I'll do something about it on my own. Thanks for the commensuration! Happy shirts are good.

Elina-LOL on the guilt avoidance thing... you know that doesn't really work, right? Run now. Beer soon.

Diane-don't be ashamed of times unless you KNOW that you could have done better and opted not to for some weird reason. But you can relabel that "ashamed" feeling as "inspiration" to do your best and be stronger. To learn from what happened and avoid making same choices that impacted your time. I won't even call them mistakes, they were poor choices.  Do five more of these things and then you can start to call them mistakes if you opted to make the same poor choices.  Watch the time spent at aid stations, pack things efficiently so time not lost accessing them. Run/jog/trot whenever possible. Aid station to aid station. You're stronger now than before. Keep that in mind.  Eat and drink before you think you need to. Don't slow down to be with others, stay focused on what is your own best pace. I like Karen's suggestion of the inclines.. Those are speed work in disguise.

Carol-Lord No! I don't second guess anything other than why I waited so long but I keep reminding myself if this is over money, what hell life would have been over a child. Yeah Pittsburgh...hopefully there isn't a blizzard.

Judy-teal running shoes should feel great! 

Ginny-They don't last long.. the foul moods but only human. OMG.. imagine this group of women playing Trivial Pursuit... AKA our lives. LOL

Damaris-nice workout and hope follow up goes well! So sad with that collapse... was it near you?

Cathy-making up words in scrabble. LOL Don't do any house cleaning this close to big vacation!

Tessa-Nice run with your neighborhood nurse (i know). Oh lord on the moving and poor car! Fun times though!

Karen-7am start mountain time. LOL Everyone slows down on trails... even Riley!

Sandy-woohoo about the great chiro appointment! good luck tomorrow on the solo run! I'm actually wearing purple in honor of St Urho's day!  LOL Remember I'm from the UP.

Sorry about the rant yesterday but sometimes it just has to come out.

Lisa

dhuffman63

Trails

Looks like Sunday here will be similar to PS...39/66 with 40% chance of showers.  I've never actually done anything in the rain since I stopped competing in endurance races with my horse.  We rode in a hail storm once...hightailed it pretty quick to the trees.  So I'm going to put it out there ... road time on Sunday.  I want to do 10 with 8 on Sat (massage and pedicure) so have to get those in early.  At home I hate early starts...at races doesn't bother me.

I'm rambling now so I'll just say thanks ladies...I feel better, my last 50k was such a disaster cause of the deer incident screwing with my back so I want a do over and I'm hoping I get it here.  Trying to visualize the awesome feeling of actually running across the finish line for this one.  At least at Hawk I did get to do that...lol.

ginnyb

Diane....from my experience, once you get started running in the rain is not so bad, you don't even notice after a while.  I did a half in NY during a torrential downpour the whole race, I mean it poured.  Then I ran a 5K with Lisa in Detroit last Spring in a really cold rain, but while we were moving it wasn't that bad, but that was a really cold rain.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Thanks for the happy thoughts. Project review went well except she chewed my @$$ for not finding out a co-worker was on leave this week and not available to review a document. I didn't think she needed to, she had reviewed other documents, and another co-worker did provide review AND that doc is not due yet!! SHEESH!!!  And the co-worker would have been happy to review, but since she is on leave I didn't want to make her feel obligated to review it. Sad

At least she didn't say anything about canceling vacation. That was my greatest fear. And I should not have to work in fear of anything.

I am not working late today. It will all be here Thursday when I return. Planning to have a beer on the sofa and hand sewing tonight. I earned that beer.

Diane--when is your race?

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ugh, found out I have to come in Sunday, too. Oh well...$$$

Ready to go home! Going to try and get out of here early then hit the grocery store.

Susan – I am glad the project review went well! She sounds like a very unhappy person. Ugh. I don’t know how you deal with it! You are absolutely right – you should not have to work in fear of ANYTHING. Have a beer for me!

Kilmisters – Floorball counts as working out Smile Plus, even yourself said you would really get back to it after floorball..so you are just keeping your word Smile Work sounds stressful. Hang in there!

Diane – Ashamed of your times? Don’t you say that! Be proud of your times! There are so many people that would never even attempt to do what you are doing. Me included.  I am with Ginny on running in the rain – once you get started its really not bad at all. I have done 20 milers in downpours..you seriously forget that its raining.

Carol – Enjoy your rest day!

Judy – I hope the shoes work out!!

Ginny – Whew, you are going to be sore next week!

Docket – Glad that hubbys doctors apt went well!! No running today? Smile

Cathy – This week has gone so slow! Vacation?? Where are you going?? I am sure you probably told us but now I forget. I hope you are able to get in a pain free run Smile I noticed that the R8 on JackRabbit was $100 cheaper than the one on Amazon when I looked yesterday – so that makes sense now Smile Maybe I can get it after with my next OT pay check Smile  I was thinking the same thing about the Brandy Old Fashioned Smile Actually anything with Brandy sounds like an old person drink to me Smile

Tessa – One of the associate groups here onsite is having an awards event tomorrow. We hate hosting them because we are a high security facility. So..its a security nightmare. We also don’t have the manpower to move furniture around the way this lady wants it. It’s a nightmare really. Plus she is not a very nice person. I did not know that about the shoes. I will look into that. Nice miles. Good luck this weekend getting DD ready for the move!

Karen – OH YEAH! You have the race tomorrow!! Is anyone from your group participating? I may have already asked that. LOL at Jake peeing on everything – how do they have so much pee? Ruger does the same thing. I am like, really? Do you just dribble a few drops out to mark your territory and do it again 10ft later? LOL. Have a good run and strength workout today. Good luck on the race tomorrow!!!!

Sandy – Woohooo for hip pain relief!! Oh man you’re weekend sounds awesome!! I am so jealous! You are going to have a GREAT run tomorrow – no matter what distance you do!! Plus the weather is going to be awesome, so I have high hopes that you will meet your goal SmileDid you end up going to the liquor store yesterday?! Did you some get some good stuff? I guess not Brandy. LOL.

Kathryn – I wish I could wear scrubs to work! Love the advice you gave to Diane J Oh no! Sorry you weren’t able to get out for a run and that you aren’t feeling good. Remember those meds Smile

I am all for the game night but can it be turned into a drinking game?!?!

Lisa – Nice workout! I am hoping you have a pain free run tomorrow. Don’t apologize for ranting..that is what we are here for Smile

Happy Friyay!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Kilmisters – Floorball counts as working out Smile Plus, even yourself said you would really get back to it after floorball..so you are just keeping your word Smile

The main part now is to keep this promise Smile I am telling DH every day ''tomorrow you have to kick me out of the door for a run no matter what!'' and obviously he never does that; mostly being asleep after being part of what we call K tantrum-throwing-management team Smile If the semifinal playoff series ends next weekend, there will be 3 full weeks till medal game... So might get back to running at that point Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Sue, nice the review went well.  PS is the 24th.

Karen, good luck.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, the reason you rock at trivia is that you work reference in a library. My time in ref really made me good a lots of info. It's all in the practice. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Just turned off my phone.  There is no need to call me on my day off with unimportant work shit.  5 times in a day. FTS.

KatS, not finish it.  They put it on Saturday. It was made somewhere else.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but those prefab stuff do not look well done sometimes.

Lisa, yeah, 4 miles away.  Glad you were able to lift even a bit.

Diane, good luck!  You'll do great!

Susan, that's cause she has to find some fault even when something is perfect. 

Liz, nope.  At least that coach of mine is not completely inhuman.  Wait until you see what I have to run on Sunday.  

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I'm wondering that too. Though you're looking at it from an engineering standpoint and I'm looking at it from a risk management POV. Very glad I don't write the architects' professional liability on that one.

Judy, good point, reference librarians probably know all sorts of interesting bits of trivia!

Good news, I called the Tampa Races people and my time should be added to the results for Long Play. Phew. I knew I hadn't had the time recorded by the mat but I remember them writing down my time and I want that result in there so I can grab a screen shot.

LC Runs

TGIF busy day here, I am finally sitting down and vegging!

3.1 tonight, my day kept postponing my run but I was glad to have more daylight so I could go later.  Sunny and cold.  I would really welcome some warmer weather!  Racing on Sunday - two races, actually, 8K and 5K.

Lizzie- ugh on the event tomorrow, hope it goes smoothly!!  Nice morning run

Susan - wow, your boss is something else, any idea why she's such a nasty person?  I am so glad she didn't rescind your vacation request!!  Enjoy your time off!

Elina - my mojo is starting to improve but wow, it took everything I had to run this past month.  You probably just needed a break, enjoy it!!

Diane - don't be ashamed of your times, I can not even entertain the thought of a 50K!!

Hi Carol!!

Judy - spring wishes here, too!

Ginny - nice workout!  Will you have a back up trainer while Eric is gone?

Damaris - so glad DH appointment went well!!  That is so terrible about the bridge collapse!

Hi Cathy - hope you get out for a run Sunday!

Tessa - congrats to your DD!!

Karen - have fun at the race tomorrow.  Glad Riley is a good trail running partner!!

Kat - oh  no on forgetting the meds, dizziness is the worst feeling.  Hope you are feeling better now!

Lisa - glad you are feeling better!  I will have to go back and read yesterday's thread but I take it ex is being a butt head?

Sandy - you should go see "Game Night' it is HILARIOUS!!

Kilmisters

Random video alert: if you put this on HD and full screen, you can sort of see how floorball can (as it turns out) leave you w broken nose (the blocked shot I mentioned a while ago):

https://youtu.be/2zW7SdebHfY

Another reason for being afraid to run in last few weeks... Not being certain of side-effects.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles in more cold and wind. I am so ready for spring & now we may get a freaking snow storm next week. Just great.  Also did a lower body strength training DVD. Now I'm ready for bed, the time change has kicked my ass this week.

Docket_Rocket

Random video alert: if you put this on HD and full screen, you can sort of see how floorball can (as it turns out) leave you w broken nose (the blocked shot I mentioned a while ago):

https://youtu.be/2zW7SdebHfY

Another reason for being afraid to run in last few weeks... Not being certain of side-effects.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris-that's great to hear! So with this bridge they had traffic going under it while they were stress testing it? How ridiculous is that!?? I'm no engineer or lawyer but would seem pretty straight forward to NOT have traffic moving underneath a structure that is being tested to see if it is actually structurally sound.

Kathryn and Diane-it is normal to get down on yourself when things don't go as expected. Do enough of these crazy things and even the best out there are bound to have a dnf for whatever reason. I've had one where the terrain was too much for my back. I missed the cutoff for second loop of the 50k by only a few minutes but I was stopping anyway. DNUD was born that day. Do Not Use Deductible. No finish time for any distance there. Another was when I got lost and ran 5 extra miles plus had the brilliance to schedule flight at a time that worked if everything went as planned with the race. Oops. Got a half marathon finish time. Both of those are states I still need to get. Another dnf when I missed a cut off time but they did allow us to drop to the marathon. Been DFL more than one time. Piney Woods, Labor of Love...probably more. Had a DNS with a marathon too after knee surgery. the trick is to not let it define us or get us down.

Kathryn-Pinelands sounds like a perfect place for game night. and LOL about the half dead herbs. 85? wow. We are ecstatic about mid 40's!

Diane-you did run across that finish line at the Hawk! Only other advice with rain would be to put your phone in a ziploc bag. It will work just fine through it. And have a change of clothes at the finish line ready to change into. I've found that to be vital when the temps are at all cool. Laughing at the rain helps and later you can swear at it!

Ginny-OMG that race was pretty goofy wasn't it in the cold rain. Poor David almost getting hypothermia waiting for us. Sort of sucked for him to run so fast. LOL Have you done any other races where you had drinks before? LOL That did help, I think.

Sue-you should not have to work in fear. That's too bad.

Lizzie-bummer on the sunday work but ot helps.

Elina-Maybe make a pact that you can't have a beer unless you run (good thing I'm on another continent or I'd be back at the ER) the video works better (worse?) on a computer screen vs a phone. Ouch.

Tessa-yeah for getting Florida! I had to make my case with Endless Summer run in Maryland to get that one too. Karen backed me up which helped. I'm sure that RD's everywhere sit and chuckle at the requests to have time included. I also bet that they hear some doozies as far as stories so they can probably tell when the person is legit.

Laura-have fun racing on Sunday!

HcK2-the time change was rough this year it seems. I know for me the whole combination of it, work, "ex", not running and ribs hurting really kicked my butt. Spring has got to be coming soon.

Lisa