Womens Running

Take it back TUESDAY (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I would like to return this start of the day for a new one. Thanks!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.2 for me! Body pump tonight.

Pretty good run actually. The first 3-4 miles were awful. Was very tired and sluggish..and that is probably because I was still halfway asleep. The rest of the run went pretty well except for my stomach. Oh man it was bad. Anywho, its done.

These peak weeks are a love/hate. I really do enjoy running ALL THE MILES..but man, the aches and pains. I am doing a lot of foam rolling and stretching! I always get more aches and pains during the peak weeks. I feel like I could sleep for days, too. Ready to get tomorrows awful (long and hard - thats what she said) run done so I can sleeeeeep in on Thursday!

My email has been blowing up since last night. Random stupid CRAP. This morning so many issues arose and everyone is suddenly demanding things on a random Tuesday morning. BLAH. Why can't I win the lotto?!

Susan – I really hope you feel better!!

Diane – SWEET on the discount!!! Can you get another antibiotic?

Tessa – Oh man 3750 is a lot. I don’t even want to know when mine is. Never. Sorry that you aren’t feeling well – probably good that you skipped the run yesterday. Hope you are feeling better today!

Run4kupcakes – Oh MAN. What an awful weather forecast. I really hope it changes. Or at least the winds aren’t as bad! AC is usually pretty windy though from what I understand.

Karen – I hope your weather changes, too!! UGH.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday! I just went off on someone by accident. Sigh. How dare they come at me right at 7:30 when I haven't had my coffee?!

Kilmisters

Cathy, I had to read twice in FB to make sure I got it correctly - DD's 1st place in U19 group Smile Not to downplay her achievement, just for sake of interest - how many runners in total in that group?

Diane; that's great news from the race organizers! No doubt the second time will go better. Tessa, love the way you put it. "3750 more times" adds max amount of drama to the situation.

Lizzie, to my mind peak weeks have more to do w ''eat everything in sight''! Foam rolling (or using tennis ball; in particularly bad cases - golf ball) is the only way out of potential injuries. Calves. The endless story. How many miles planned for tomorrow's LR, btw? As for mood when w/o coffee, my colleague has a small sheet of paper on his desk that says "Days without wanting to kill someone'' and he draws a line every eve to keep the count. So when someone does get on his nerves, he dramatically takes his marker and draws a big ''0'' over the sticky note.

Floorball practice tonight. The big game got rescheduled to next Thursday, so thankfully I won't have floorball / 40hr break /10k ''hold my beer'' sequence this week. Not sad about it. At all. If I was in a better shape that might actually be a fun challenge, but no. Just no.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I certainly hope so...it hurts and is making me quite rabid.  I'm hating everything and everyone today.  Well not coffee...I love the coffee.

Tessa, is it allergies or did you pick up a cold?  I think mine was either a very fast cold or bad allergies.  I got really sick Wed night, felt bad Thur, went home early Fri but did 10 mile on the TM to try and sweat out anything then felt better by Sat.  Since I was up in KC, KS it may have been allergies.

HCK, ick what awful wind altho at this point I'd love some 80 degrees.  We have a freeze warning today.

Oh no Karen that does not sound like fun.  I know all you hard core people like running in the rain but I don't care much for it.

Sue, hope you feel better.

Hi everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 8 with 3 X 1 mile intervals.  Ouch.  We almost broke record highs yesterday and being that it's 89F already at 9:30am, we sure will today.

Liz, nice run.  Did you eat well last night?  I can't run well in the morning even though it's the same time as I am at the office so awake and all but my body refuses to perform well then.

Diane, call the doctor back and tell him to prescribe something outside that ABx family.  Sometimes they forget or don't understand what you're telling them. -_-

Cathy, welcome back and congrats!  I couldn't see your pictures that you posted but I saw them in FB.

Elina, enjoy the practice.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris I can't in the morning either, altho if I do want to get some higher mileage weeks I may have to add another day and maybe do a double...4 in the am and 6 at night.

I did message the doc last night but haven't heard back yet.  What's the ABx family?

No run this morning.  Coughed all night. I think the Zyrtex finally kicked in, so maybe I'll start clearing up. I have a big project deadline Friday--so I can't take a sick day w/o getting the wrath of the boss. Sad 

Jake was up and down all night too. He's not feeling well.  I was concerned he might have bloat so I took him to the vet to be checked out. Dr.. Russ will work him in.  Poor buddy.  He wouldn't go near breakfast -- you know if a weim won't eat you have a sick dog.

Diane--def call your doc and ask him to call in a different prescription. Hope you feel better soon.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Damaris I can't in the morning either, altho if I do want to get some higher mileage weeks I may have to add another day and maybe do a double...4 in the am and 6 at night.

I did message the doc last night but haven't heard back yet.  What's the ABx family?

I forgot the official name but you can't take anything from the Cipro family due to tendon rupture.  He should understand if you tell him that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

I did Damaris...she gave me that cause I have Chronic Kidney Disease and I guess it's the less harmful of them...she changed it to Macrobid.  I'm allergic to amoxicillin so can't take that.  Take away is....don't get sick.

Oh no Sue, hope he's ok.  I hate when my furbabies are sick or hurt.  Sorry you feel bad.

Seloc

HCK – yuuuuuuuuuuck on your weather!  That wind sounds the worst.  I’m planning 20mi for Sat in similar but think I’ve found a route to make it a tail wind.  Yeah yeah, train in it so you can handle at a race.  Well, my philosophy (since I’ve been doing this over half my life) is make it more pleasant haha

Tessa – oh no on the cold!  Oh man, I’m so sorry the new work environment is less than ideal.  What’s your biggest beef?  Is it too wide open?  Did you get stuck next to some stinky loud talker?  Anything you can do to change things?  Because that is a loooonnnng time to deal with misery.

Damaris – ugh on the lack of sleep!  And man that sounds like a busy Monday.  OMG, your weather!!  I would burst into flames!!

Diane – nice weekend miles.  Another UTI?  Is that because of your health issues?  What do you normally take for such?

Karen – yikes on the Boston forecast.  Hopefully it will change for the better!  Your “friend” sounds uber annoying.  And if 50* is too cold to run outdoors, I live in an alternate universe!  Haha.  Clearly she’s insecure – not a fan of such.  Thanks for thinking of us northerners happily running outdoors in 30*!!  Laughing at your ‘sorry no sorry’.  No worries – you’ve earned this retirement and can sleep as late as you want!  I’ll get there someday.  Someday!!

Elina – oh man, sorry about the funeral.  Emotional days are exhausting!  It is 65* where you are??!!  Is that normal?!!  Maybe I need to move to Latvia   Eeeps on the downpour forecast for 10K.  I ran a 10miler once in similar – wasn’t horrible except for the chafe!!  That’s great the big game was rescheduled!  Now you can REALLY go out and kill the race.

Cathy!!  WELCOME BACK!!  Thanks for the TR (trip report hee hee).  Sounds like an absolutely AWESOME time.  Did you plan all this?  I need to hire you!!  I love that you got so much in – wowzers on all the walking.  How did the foot fair?  I’ve never seen a Cirque show – maybe I need to make that more of a priority.  That’s so great you got to meet Diana – and at a wine bar, no less.  Totally my style!  Love that you got to run on the strip and huge congrats to both you and DD.  She is adorable.  Ummmm nothing exciting in my world.  I spent last week complaining about the snow and cold.  Got about 8 inches or so - blerg.  9th snowiest April on record and it’s only the 10th with more predicted for Saturday.

Lizzie – well, it’s supposed to be mild today-Thurs including rain tomorrow night.  Fine by me – it’ll help get rid of the snow and clean things up.  But, back to cold and snow on Sat.  On the news last night they were talking about 1936 when apparently we had a similar spring.  That summer ended up to be the hottest on record with a day of 108*.  I may just go from complaining about the snow and cold to ranting about the HEAT!  Perhaps we all need to move to San Diego haha.  Oh boy, those kids sound challenging.  But, maybe they were just showing off with their parents there?  Yikes on the bad stomach this morning.  Pit stop?  Nice niner plus, though!  No doubt you are tired running all these miles.  Tell people to chill the heck down.  Not an emergency of no one is dying.  Hang in there!!

Sue – hope you and your pupper both are feeling better soon!!

7mi this morning.  30*, just a slight breeze, snow flurries.  Ditched all the RBs and went solo – it was LOVELY.  Birds starting to chirp so maybe spring is trying to get here?  Last two volleyball games tonight.  Lord help me…

Arimathea

Tessa

Sandy, I could change my seat, we are allowed to sit anywhere. It's the lack of privacy that gets me. And the things like the executive decision not to have trash cans at desks or on the floor. All rubbish needs to be taken to the cans in the central pantry. (They were overflowing by noon yesterday.) I have a cold. It is 48 steps by the most direct route to the bin. Then 48 back. That is a minute off my day. If I have to do that walk every time I have a tissue to dispose of...

there is now a plastic bag hanging off the power cord for my laptop. I improvise.

And I have no voice. I can whisper and that's it. Class tonight is going to be interesting.

Diane, hope they can do something. UTIs suck.

You can have our hot weather. It was in the 90s yesterday.

No run this morning -- this is my day to leave at 5 AM anyway, and I needed the sleep more. Texted RB and she responded that she would walk her dog instead. He is a 13 year old lab and a very slow walker but still loves to go out.

dhuffman63

Trails

Oh my Tessa that sounds awful.  I share an office with my coworker but we have a divider up between us.  Course we can hear each other do anything.  Hope you feel better soon.

Sandy my CKD makes me prone to UTI's...since I drove up to KC and didn't stop during the 3 hour trip it's possible that helped it along.  I'm hoping the new antibiotics help.  I could conceivably call this week and next before the marathon on the 21st a taper but really...I'm walking so it's not like I have to take it all that easy...lol.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Now I have that song "Take it all back" in my head.    Adjusting to being back home, the parka was out again.  But it's supposed to warm up this week and rain.  Yay!  My foot is feeling pretty good, I will try to get some cardio in and if all goes well then I will run this weekend.  DD starts the trail series this Saturday!  It sounds like it will be a muddy one.

Lizzie, you are amazing in how consistent you have been for such a long time!  Glad the Brooks worked for you!  I almost bought those as my first shoes, but I went with the Mizuno's because they seemed to fit my narrow feet better.  But now I like a little more toe space so Brooks may work for me too.  No special prizes for the AG placings, just another medal.    The overall race winners got some special prizes, a Tiffany necklace!  The overall female winner was in the 50-59 AG, which was kind of cool.  Well, you should tell HCBF that another way to lower his cholesterol is to exercise and raise the "good" cholesterol level.  High cholesterol runs in my family.  They wanted to prescribe meds for me, but I said I would try to exercise and change my diet instead.  I can't wait to hear about your babysitting adventure, haha.  Is there a trampoline park or something like that where you could take them to expend some energy?    I had a FB friend that had tons of political posts.  At one point, he said that if anyone disagreed with him they should unfriend him.  So I did.  About a month later he friended me again.  I just hide his posts.  

Elina, it was a small race.    There were 5 in her AG, she was the youngest female in the race.  Only 2 boys in the 19 and under AG.  There were 26 in my AG.  And this was 10 year age groups.  With that time in a race here she would not be near the top 3 in the teenage AG.  There are some fast teenage girls!  I have to say you are in amazing shape with all you have going on!

Diane, sorry about the UTI and antibiotic issues.  My MIL has been struggling with that for about a month.

Damaris, good luck on the intervals!  I assume you are doing them on the TM.  

Sue, aww, I hope Jake feels better!

Sandy, yes, I am in charge of planning our trips.  DH is horrible at planning.    But I guess it is my forte, as a project lead.    I actually enjoy planning.  My foot was sore at the end of the day, but generally recovered by the next morning.  So I guess that is a good sign.  It actually didn't bother me at all during the 5K.  Both my feet were sore by the end of the trip!  But DD said the same thing about her feet.    Definitely see a Cirque show!  They are a little odd, I should warn you about that.  It's a good mix of humor and acrobatics.  It will make you want to work out.    Really amazing stuff and they make everything look easy!   They had some big snow predictions for WI last week but we ended up getting maybe an inch.  Our neighbor boy tried to get us to pay him $20 to shovel our driveway.  I texted Mr. Math and he told me that most of the snow melted.  He even drove by my house to do recon and confirmed that there was no snow on the driveway.     I think you would feel at home in Flagstaff.  Driving through there felt like driving through the north woods of WI.  They still get snow, but not as much or for as long.  And lots of trails.  Seems like an awesome running town.  Diana said there are races every weekend.  Maybe I can convince DH to relocate.    We saw the trailer for the VB movie, DD really wants to see it.  Maybe you should take your team to see it.  

Kupcakes, do you have a race this weekend?

Tessa, sorry that you are sick!  No trash cans?  They are going to be moving our team since we just had a big company reorganization.  I will lose my window office.  I guess at least I will still have a dedicated workspace.  And a trash can.  

Karen, I actually laughed out loud at the toilet seat.    I would be tempted to purposely post things about TM's to that woman that friended you, haha.  I have some people hidden from my feed.

Oh, we got a link to race photos.  This is one of the lead male runners.  He passed us on the course.  The news crew made sure to interview him.  I think half of the race photos are of him.  

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, right there with you wishing for a do-over of the start.  I am so in awe of the mileage you are doing.  WOW.

Elina, good luck with practice.

Diane, sorry that you aren't 100% and the antibiotic choices are limited.  That makes it hard.

Damaris, that most certainly is a warm start to the day.

Sue, how is Jake?  I hope he just has a minor issue.  Yes, when they don't eat, you know they're sick.

Sandy, good luck with the LAST two games!!  Nice run.  Still can't believe all you guys with such crappy weather.

Tessa, sorry your aren't feeling too well.

Cathy, congrats to DD.  Hope she enjoys the muddy race.

I have ZERO motivation and have been that way for months on end.  I did go out and get 2 in just now.  I thought I was more enthused about it leaving the house, as soon as I took a step, I knew it wasn't going to be good.  Just blah blah blah.  I also have a headache, but that didn't have a darn thing to do with it, it just made it more unpleasant.  Don't really know what is up.  Pinelands is going to be a disaster.  Next race is on May 5th, a trail half.  It is a pretty challenging one too.  Will be good for me.  Maybe I can get some miles in before that.

Yesterday I didn't get off the couch until about 2pm.  Went to the nursery and got enough plants (plus a few) to do my big planters.  My teeny tiny back patio is jammed full of plants, it is nice and homey feeling.

Sorry for such abbreviated personals to everyone.  Just struggling.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What a crazy day! It should be Friday not Tuesday Smile

Kilmisters – Oh yes, I want to eat everything haha. YES Calves are the ENDLESS story. ARGH. They are never happy. Tomorrow is a long speed work run..my LR is Friday and that will be 20. Ugh. LOVE that idea of the keeping count Smile Good news about the game being moved!! Now you can really enjoy and “rest” up for race day. Are they still calling for rain?

Diane - Sorry about the UTI woes. Sad

Docket – EW breaking records already?! UGH. Good luck on the run tonight – thought we both know you will kill it. Lets see..last night I ate more carbs than usual. But maybe not enough. I think I am just really tired. I need a day of full sleep – like, all day.  Smile

Susan – Uhm, your boss won’t let you take a sick day? I guess she really wants to be sick!! That is irritating! Ugh, hope you and Jake feel better!

Sandy – Nice miles this morning. A balmy 30 degrees! LOL. Glad it was a good run  Smile  Wait, last 2…for the season?! Hey, I am doing a 20 too this week  Smile  I hope you don’t have another Summer that warm. Do you get much humidity though? That is what makes it real brutal..UUUGHHHH. I ran through a spider web this morning and thought..”oh this is just the beginning”. Another reason why I love Winter..less bugs. LOL.  Oh yes, pit stop this morning. Not fun. I don’t mind making the pit stop or anything (used to it at this point) just stomach was hurting pretty bad. I am so tired. I hope I can make it through this peak week..as long as I get through tomorrows run OK..I should be fine. Good luck on the games tonight! Cathy had a great idea about taking the team to see that movie!

Tessa – Man that new arrangement sounds awful. Sorry Sad One of our call center floors got rid of personal trash cans not too long ago. They  did it because we were having an issue with people not disposing of confidential documents appropriately. They figured with a centralized location on the floor, people who dispose of the trash in the trash bin and the confidential documents in a secured bin. Not really sure if that has worked. All I can say, is we have been having problems with MICE ever since. People are leaving their trash under their desk. I am talking…a half eaten bowl of cereal. Yuck. I hope your schedule lets up soon!

Cathy – Did you use your free parka from Vegas?! Or did you not get to keep those Wink Not sure if I can keep being consistent. Weird pains and aches concern me!!! I am not a good patient like you Smile  I am telling myself that if I need to skip a day next week – that its okay since it’s a cut week. We will see how I feel. I could use a good massage, too! Mizuno’s are my #1. I love how they fit PERFECT. There is no slipping or sliding in that shoe! If you try Brooks, try on the Ghost! I was surprised how much I like them. I had mentioned you in my post a couple days ago about narrow feet. I went and had my gait looked at again…and they did a scan of my feet. They are very narrow! I said that was why we had similar shoe choices  Smile  A Tiffany necklace?! WHAT. That is a nice prize. But, so is another medal  Smile  Is DD hanging all of her medals up? She has quite a few now  Smile  So, did the diet and exercise work for you? Even though it is hereditary?  HCBF mentioned that he may want to start exercising (I will believe it when I see it) but he has to get some hernias removed. Sigh. Right now im just concentrated on his diet. I don’t know what I am going to do with these kids. Hopefully not lock them in a closet. YAY for DD’s trail race series! She is a machine  Smile  I am laughing at your neighbor and the $20 hehe. Geez, that dude in the picture is RIPPED!!! Interesting outfit choice.

Kathryn – Ugh, sorry the run wasn’t good today Sad Maybe the trail half on the 5th will help with some motivation. Score on the plants!! Oh, and nothing wrong with not getting off the couch until 2pm on a day off. Nothing wrong with that at all. Hang in there and hope your headache gets better.

Heading to body pump soon! This is a weird week because HCBF is only gone for one night - tonight! He has to be back in town the rest of the week. YAY Smile

Have a good night all!