Womens Running

Totally Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 331 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K with Sam. It is 14 C/57 F out right now.  skirt weather!

TR - every time I feed him his staple carbs (noodles, macaroni) I throw in some of the protein/veggies we're having in the hopes that he'll eat it.  He never does, but is that the right way to do things?

FR - crockpot chili

NRR#1 - I slept the entire night, 4 hours.

NRR#2 - there is a high school acquaintance on FB.  A couple years ago, she posted about how she drove all over Toronto looking for Santas with real beardsbecause a Santa with a fake beard just wasn't good enough for her precious snowflake children!  This woman does nothing on FB except play Farmville and occasionally change her profile pic to an updated one of her kids.  I unfriended her over the Santa comment, but she re-friend requested me and I complied, because, who could resist such potential mombie entertainment?  Anyways, yesterday she changed her profile pic to the 2012 Santa picture, and I commented, "does that Santa have a real beard?" and she replied, "of course.  I only go to _________ mall because their Santas all have real beards."  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Morning Patty- have a great run! It's really warm here too. I'm looking forward to another shorts day. Sounds like you're on the right track with B and the food. Ugh on your mombie FB friend. I don't know that I would be able to refrain from some comment. RR: hoping for a solo run to really enjoy the nice weather today, 7 miles. My lutes are sore from circuit class yesterday. Ran 3.5 with R yesterday afternoon. It was beautiful. TR: took him to the park for an hour yesterday. He loved it. There's a paced path that goes all around the outside of the park, and he was running down it yesterday- too cute. Ate a ton of pork tenderloin for supper last night. NRR: training a few clients this morning, then just spending the day at home. Have some cleaning to cAtch up on.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runnergirl9508

Ok I'm dumb. How do I get paragraph breaks on my iPhone? I double enter while I'm typing so it looks like there's a big space, but when I post it's all smooshed together.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Marathonjen

zorbs - LOL on the mombie...don't people have anything better to do??  Hope your run is great...I am jealous and wish I was out there this morning instead of working.  It is supposed to get colder as the day wears on.  Yes, on the veggies and protein.  I have to give J is fruits in the squeezable packet form or he doesn't really eat them. He loves veggies though.  

rg-  You can't post from an iPhone/iPad properly...not sure why they are not compatible.  One would think that all forums should be since a majority of people post from their mobile devices.  Enjoy your run in shorts....I am hoping it is still shorts weather by the time I get out there.  I loved your pic of R at the park on FB yesterday...he is so cute.

RR - 5 miles yesterday...it was misting out but warm. I was debating whether to run or not because of rain and my garmin was dead and a coworker saw me and said "you can do it!"  I thank my coworker for that as it was the kick I needed.  Hoping for 5 today after work but the temp is supposed to continue dropping all day...ugh.  I was so hoping to wear shorts again.

TR - Had a great day at daycare and ate a ton of food.  He actually ate peaches and pears (normally he refuses fruit).  Was a bit cranky when I picked him up and was fussy for supper.  He loves those squeeze fruit packets so I gave him one of those and then he just wanted to eat bread...lol.  Then he bread again for breakfast.  I sent some oatmeal to daycare for him so hopefully he gets some nutrition.

NRR - Staring at my credit card bill this morning is giving me anxiety...I hate Christmas time because I spent too much money. I love shopping and buying gifts for people and seeing them open it...paying the bill is the tough part. I also still have about $300 worth of gifts to get too...ugh!  I wish my family wasn't so into gifts...but they are.

FR - ATE WAY TOO MUCH the last 3 days.  I cannot seem to get full and then by the time I am full I realized I went way over my calorie goal.  I was doing really well for awhile and was down 5+ lbs...now...I am sure I put back on a few.  UGH!

runninmer

Morning....

RR:  SRD.  Will see doctor at 3:15 today so I will get his professional opinion about my foot! 

RR#2:  Okay, so I ran with RP yesterday.  Toward the end of the run, I heard him let out  a little toot.  Okay, no biggie, that happens while you run.  So we continue on and I realize that I need to do the same.  I am not comforable doing that in front of him. I am 30, he is 14 and I am his former teacher.  SO I am holding it as much as possible and my lower abdomen is just one big cramp/gas bubble.  We had to stop to cross a busy road and I commented that my stomach hurt and I can't run too fast.  We did our last mile at 7:47 which isn't bad, but we normally push a little more than that.  We got back to the school and I had to speed walk to the bathroom. I didn't even have time to latch the stall before having to pull everything down.  It was horrible.  I was thinking of Bermy (where is she by the way)....but couldn't poo 1. in front of a student 2. on a busy city street.  

TR:  Hanging out with dad today.  I have a 14 hour day so I will see him tomorrow.  Sad. Sad

NRR:  I had something here....Last night DH gave me a kiss and through my mind floated "lets make another baby"  not in a I want to have sex way but I want another baby.  Odd thought...we aren't ready for that yet.  We did have a good night though.  We put up some Christams decorations and hung our stockings for St. Nick tonight.  

FR:  I am hoping the Dr. doesn't tell me to stop running for a while.  I was a mess last week and my eating was not sufficient.  Not running does too many bad things to me.  Kinda FR, I guess.

Jen - I, too, am afraid of my Credit Card bill.  The district owes me some money and I hope they pay up quickly!  I hope you get your run in today.  It was warm here yesterday, but the wind really cooled things down.  I had shorts and tights on for my run.

Patty - Part of me says who really cares if she is stuck on giving that "opportunity" to her children.  The other part of me says what you are saying.  I think that parents have certain things that are important to them for their children, maybe this is one for her?  Or she is just crazy.  Glad you got some sleep.

runnergirl - I saw your pics on FB yesterday.  I am jealous and want to take J to the park.  Enjoy your solo run.  Do you see a big difference in your speed when you are alone vs. with the stroller?  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runninmer

How do you delete a post?  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CTimesTwo

Hi ladies,

RR - 5 miles yesterday, maybe 4 today..

BR - didn't want to eat dinner last night.. refused anything DH or I tried to feed her.  Not sure if it's teething or what.  She nursed before bed so she wasn't starving.  Had epic napping yesterday for a change too..

NRR - been up since 5am because C woke up to nurse and I couldn't get back to sleep.  Too many things on my mind, mainly thinking about daycare and what we'll do when i have to go back to work..  Hoping for a nap this afternoon... 

zorbs - that's disturbing about the mombie... she sounds a little crazy...

rg - i haven't tried to post from my iPhone yet... love technology but sometimes it doesn't always work out well!

jen - i ate 2 dinners last night b/c DH brought home food from his meeting and REALLY wanted me to try it...  I didn't feel so good after eating all that food plus I ate massive amounts of chocolate pudding..

mer - I can toot with my runner friends but I can understand why it'd be awkward with a 14 yr old former student!  Oh, Bermy is on FB but I don't think she posts here..

jmmiller

Good morning!!! RR: Ended up doing 10 miles in the rain yesterday. Probably 2-3 today to keep with with the streak. BR: Up at 4:30 and DH is out of town. Put Signing Timed on bc I have no energy to play. NRR: ants are gone! Baby powder did the trick RR2: bought new running shoes! Jen: how do you fit in running when DH is out of town? Zorbs: crazy FB friend!! It's hard to even find a Santa here. Who cares about the beard?? Rg: I hate the phone post thing. I hope they update it. Have a great run!

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

jmmiller

Mer: good luck at the doctor. Keep us posted.

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

jmmiller

Sorry for all the typos.

SimonSaysRun

We'll see how the iPad cooperates this morning.

rr. Uh, that didn't happen yesterday. Will be doing some on the TM tonight after M goes to bed. 

nrr. Forgot that I was scheduled for a haircut last night. I didn't do anything drastic. Just a trim and shape. I'm trying to grow out my hair again - we'llwee how long I last. 

tr.  So funny last night - I was playing somekids music on Pandora and M was trying to dance!  Girl has no rhythm. Must get it from her Dad!  Ate a ton at dinner last night. She rarely eats veggies (but loves fruits) but she's been loving corn o. The cob the past couple of nights!

mer. Sorry about the tummytroubles but it's kind of funny at the same time.  Hope the doc can give you some answers about your foot!

jen. Christmas bills are no fun!  I think I'm frugal to a fault! Which probably makes me a bad gift giver. Smile

4 hours makes a full night for you?  Yikes!  I'd need a gallon of coffee just to be human in the morning!

rg. I'd love it if M would eat ANY type of protein!  I think she gets her eating habits from her momma - fruits and carbs. I guess it could be worse!

strollermama

zorbs - 4 hours is a full night of sleep??  I would die.

RG - The park sounds like so much fun.  I wish we had a park closer to us!

jen - The holidays are hard both with budgets and with food.  I have been feeling the same way about the money lately, and have been eating way too much chocolate Smile.  I used to calorie count a ton but found that when I stopped, I lost a bunch of weight.  I think I was underfeeding myself.

jmiller - I am impressed you ran 10 mi in the rain!

mer - Good luck at the appointment!

cx2 - Sorry about the stress.  How old will DD be when you go back to work?  In CA, do you have to take the entire mat leave offered?  Is any of it paid leave?  I am also stressing about that.  It is so expensive and I worry that DS's schedule will get totally messed up, and he will be sick all the time...

RR:  Did 6ish yestersay (2 on TM, 4 with stroller but took walk breaks).  I am so impressed to see you ladied logging 6+ miles everday but I can't seen to get myself to run.  I think I am just really sick of running in the same place everyday. I am looking forward to a LR somewhere new when we move.  We will be in Denver so there will be no shortage of places to run.  Here I have one option unless I want to run on the country roads and get hit by a car. 

BR:  Just woke up, at 8:30!  DH wakes up really early for work so I think he gave him a bottle around 5:30.  I got to sleep until 8 Smile  DS and I need to get on a better schedule for when he goes to daycare.

FR:  Baked sweet and sour chicken.

NRR:  AF is supposed to arrive soon and once again, I am very irritable (and now nauseas too).  Poor DH got his head bitten off yesterday.  Today I have to make it up to him because I was so mean.  I am giving this IUD one more month, and otherwise getting it removed so DH doesn't divore me for how mean I am...jk.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

simon - I forgot to reply the other day, but yes I know where Glenwood Springs is!  I was born and raised in Colorado Springs and Fort collins.  Then I lived in Colorado Springs the last few years (until one year ago) and am moving back to Denver in a few weeks.  I love Colorado!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

jmmiller

Shelby: hooray for sleeping in!! I felt the same way you did after my marathon. I was in a running funk and felt so bored with the same running route. Moving will probably help.

mrszackmorris

rr: 3.1 miles last night in shorts! srd today.

rr2: my sister stopped yeaterday and bought  me a pair of ua shorts; they have a small zip pocket in the back!

br: woke uip at 1:00 screaming bloody murder. he never gets up in the middle of the night...poor guy would not calm down.

tr: my sister also brought over ceramic ornaments for the girls tp paint.

nrr: mailing my secret santa gift today!!

fr: leftovers last night. shopping this morning...maybe tortelini tonight?

------------

zorbs: weird/funny about mombie but sometims the fake beards are really super fake.. a full 4 hours?! Like on elf when buddy says, "i got a full 40 minutes." Smile

rg: fun you got to the park. It was warm here too yesterday but misting and foggy. I am on the ipad and it seems to work with spacing but have not trid from my iphone.

jen: i am the same way with gifts...i love  buying good gifts for people i know they will love but am ready to not be spending money for awhile. I figured with all the gifts the kids get we shouldn't have to buy anything for awhile.

mer: good luck at the dr. Hope he tells you something you want to hear. How is your foot feeling today after 2 days in a row of running?

cx2: glad you got some epic naps yesterday; you deserve it!

jmmiller: great job on the 10! Yay to the ants being gne!

simon: i need a haircut so badly but it is not until monday! my hair is out of control! c loves to dance. He has some rhythm...not sure where he got it though.

shelbyjo: sometimes i feel really guilty posting here because i don't run any mileage close to a lot of the women here or nearly as fast as them. but i figure i run how far i can when i can and at least i am getting out there.