Womens Running

Totally Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 331 times)

twinmom_112002

Spike: I have never tried a chai latte....I am however contenplating a run to starbucks while my student teacher has the class. I am amazed you can run 7 miles with a stroller but then there are some days when I think it would be easier if I could just put the kids in stroller and go for a run. Mine can't handle 3 miles on bikes without complaining.

strollermama

Spike - Your elk sounds delish!!  I am now craving your dinner.  And yep, I have the mirena so it has hormones.  I did ok on low hormone BC as well so I will probably switch back to it.  The only thing is I am really bad at remembering to take it and we CANNOT get pregnant before next fall.  Good thing we won't be together much until then.

Simone - and yep, we are moving the 15th, right before the holidays.  LAst year we moved January 1 so same thing.  This will be out 3rd move in one year...

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Marathonjen

Dexy – I bet your 8 days will fly by.  Nice that DD can hang with your parents…what do you mean she is tracked out?

Twimom – I hear you on the couch and Grey’s…luckily I get out of work early enough that I don’t have the excuseJ  Way to go on eating healthy…can’t say the sameL  DH won’t let me have CC debt…so my stress is trying to figure out how to pay it off in full by the due date…without telling him the balance…hehe

CTimes – That would be nice if your mom could do daycare a few days/week.  It is pricey. 

Simon – LOL…he must…and only he can hear it…lol.

Spike – Yay for a nice run in shorts.  Glad R was in a good mood.  You can have my appetite.  Sorry about the BC…with you stubbing your toe…that is totally something I would do.  DH tries to hug/kiss me and I always try to get away and usually end up hurting myself.  I hope you hear something about the house showing soon…it sounds promising.  J doesn’t like any fruit…we have tried both fresh and canned.  Daycare gives canned and he only recently started eating some.  He usually eats 2 helpings of veggies.  He LOVES peas and carrots.

BermyHorse

Bermy is back! YEAH! you girls are CHANGING MY LIFE - I just got the hang of RWOL, then the new RWOL, then I signed up to FB JUST for you and now I am on RA. I cherish our friendships hence I am totally the groupie following the crowd around. Thanks for the sweet nudges to get my a*se back into posting mode. I like posting and like my routine. I have tons to post about - I will do a bit at a time so I don't overwhelm you with my intensity...

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runswithrocky

ER - Walk with the dogs last night.  left Em with daddy.  It was a little cooler than usually.  Might have to wear something more than a sweatshirt.  It's been about 15-20* warmer than usual for about 4 weeks. 

NRR - work deadlines tomorrow and thursday and my business units can't compromise.  whatever.  my boss is aware of the situation.  It's drama!

FR - made stuff shells, salad and bread last night.  Tonight is random leftovers.  Tomorrow is chicken, broccoli, mushroom noodle casserole.  From the same website as SImon's tuna noodle casserole.  DH wanted the chicken and broccoli one instead.  Works for me!  I cooked & shredded the chicken last night and will prep the rest of the casserole tonight so tomorrow all I have to do is throw it in the oven!  Yay for planning ahead. 

FR2 - I've been working on eating up the pantry and freezer and yesterday DH freaked out on me about all the food we have and how if he lived alone he wouldn't need to grocery shop for "2 months" with all the food with have.  Um, excuse me?  I'm pretty sure I'm the one making the big push to eat stuff up and only buying some fresh items like veggies/fruit/milk.  WT F?  Whatever.  His mom is out on Dec 17th, so I'm going to see if we can make it until then without buying anything (well, except for veggies/fruit and milk).  I don't know what his deal was last night.

TR - Said "bye dada" this morning.  Of course, after DH had shut the door so he didn't hear it.  I was really excited and she was ridiculously pleased with herself.  It's so darn cute when she gets proud of herself. 

Zorbs - +1 on keep offering the veggies, etc.  I know many people who were self professed carb-kids who are now well rounded eaters.  If he's not malnourished or anything, I'm sure he's fine.  Emily is weird about meat & egg protein.  We just continue to offer and every once in a while she'll eat chicken or fish or egg or something, but only if it's off our plate and only a few bites.  <shrug>

Lurking! 

runswithrocky

BERMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!

That is all.

BermyHorse

RR: running has been GREAT. Did 2 speedwork sessions last week, a 4m, an 8m and again yesterday. I am doing another speed session this afternoon at dusk at a gorgeous park with coach. Probably 8x1000m or 6x1000m with 1min rest intervals. I am not going to ask as I will start to panic about it and if I just turn up and run, in the groove, I will love it.

RR2: all my running has starting to be on either a rocky/sandy trail (we're talking 8m with the stroller) - it's a tough workout and my arms and shoulders are sore from pushing, but man is it mean. I also have been running with higher knees up hills with the stroller. And some random guy commented on my "hot" booty the other day. Not that I care what random man thinks, but still, someone articulated that out loud.

NRR: I had a 5 day bout of vertigo. Yes, vertigo. wtf. Like the whole room was spinning, violently for 5 days. Like I just got off the tea cups ride at a really ropey crappy fun fair and puked. Every time I moved my eyes I was spinning. It was horrible. Had it 4 years ago, had a brain scan. All clear. Doc said it was normal now and again. Did Epley manoever, over and over, didn't work. Over time it just got better (calcium deposits in ear settle or something). Of course caring for a toddler with vertigo is pretty much gross. And then my DH was off island so I was single parenting. Couldn't drive without meds. Meds made me nauseous and sleepy. Couldn't take meds cos of bf'ing. La la la la la. Not fun but it is over.

DS&NRR2: DS had a head cold. It came and went like lightening. Went to playground today. It was 73 degrees and I think I got sunburn on my nose. I was way too hot in jeans and a t-shirt. We also went to playgroup.

NRR3: DH was off island in Nashville trying to find us a house to rent. We stayed here in Bermy. He looked at 13 in one day. No luck as yet. GGrrrrr.. Still looking. DH is working super hard and super long hours but is hot and hunky and I love him to pieces.

FR: make a delicious clean crock pot Cincinnati chili which DS loved. He had to eat it with a spoon though. Normally he just goes crazy with his hands. He eats what we eat. rg- haven't forgotten to give you recipe for the bars - will post on FB.

More later... gosh I have missed you chicks. Back for personals

runninmere

Zorbs - wow about your fb friend. 

Mer - holding in gas is the worse!  Glad you made it to the br in time! YAY for the beginnings of wanting another baby :-)  It all starts with that fleeting thought. 

RG - I so wish C would eat pork tenderloin.

Cx2 - Hope you can rest today!  I rarely can get back to sleep if I wake early.

shelby - Sorry about the crazy PMS...boo!

K, so I can't figure out how to get to page 2 of the posts with the reply window open, so I'll do more personals when I figure that out :-)

RR - hmmm...maybe a walk after work, but probably a grocery store trip instead.  6 miler on tap for tomorrow.

BR - getting to be quite the independent little guy.  Saying more words...ball being a new one...and all versions of No...No Sir, No Throw, No Touch...great :-)  He LOVES tooling around outside and throws little tantrums when we get home b/c he doesn't want to be inside.

NRR - Dh and I are doing really well lately and thoroughly enjoying all of the babymaking we've been doing, which is good.  I'm in an ok place, but generally at a loss as to how to keep my anxiety at bay during TTC.  I've given up the majority of everything tracking wise (just chart to confirm I've ovulated) and then nothing and still I'm anxious.  Any tips are appreciated!  I know I'm a dang counselor and should know this, but my general go-tos are not working....running, praying, staying busy, talking about it with someone.  We ordered our christmas cards a few days ago, but I'm feeling kinda BLAH about Christmas this year.  Not sure what is up with that.

runninmere

Spike - Still so impressed with your potty training attempts!

Bermy - HI!!!!!!!!  So glad you're back and SO sorry to hear about your vertigo!!!!  Glad it seems to be settling down though!

Trail Monster

Spike - I do inspections so really only busy during fall and spring. Then I work 70+ hours most weeks. The other 6 months I'm usually under 40 hours. My first marathon was 5:49 and change. I'm down to 4:33 now with a McMillan prediction of 3:50 based on my 5k. I just need to build my endurance up for running at that kind of effort.  You'll get there too. Thankfully, DH is a runner too so I don't have to beg to get an hour every day for my run. On that note though, DH is a big baby. I was sick Wednesday thru Friday But I still went to work, took no naps, and kept to our regular schedule. DH is now sick and came home early from work at 2am, slept until 7am, got up for an hour and then went back to bed with plans to sleep until 3:30pm. I have to be at work at 3:30 and right now I want to strangle his lazy, over-sleeping ass!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

BermyHorse

Zorbs – “nail polish whore” – ha ha… glad you got 4 hours. Xmas always brings out the worst in me. I think it makes me think of my family and just how sad I was as a kid and well, it goes downhill from there.

Rg – where does DS go when you run solo?

Jen – GREAT job on that 5lbs! Awesome! And how did you get on with your trip? Did the notes help? I love your discipline to stay ‘ready’ in case a hm crops up. Very wise. I’d like to be more like that for racing.

Mer – ha ha on the poop drop. Or not. Wow, dilemma. I would have done the same. Not even a coffee shop to pop into? And pressure from RP – the guy? Not a good combo. Poor you. Thanks for sharing about your baby thoughts. I think I am in a similar place.

Cx2 – DS sometimes doesn’t eat at every meal. But I just trust him. And when he’s hungry, man he eats. What do you work as? When do you go back?

Jm – what’s your next running goal? WTG on running 10 in the rain – well done!

Simon – cute on dancing.

Shelby – poor you and your moods. It sucks when you know you are being short tempered but there is nothing you can do about it. Hope AF comes and you can feel chill. Great on late wake up. Do you need a new crazy wild running goal? Like something unthinkable? It’s hard to plan running goals knowing you are moving.

Mrszm – was your LO ok?

Dexy – hey! You could go shopping with your elf gift…

Twinmom-well done on your eating – great job! DH and I were killing ourselves laughing at your penguin drama. Totally something that would happen at our house.

The Banshee – what is the story behind your pic? Do I know you from RWoL?

Spike – how are you feeling?

Mere – I think you are doing just a fab job doing exactly what you are doing, and are exactly where you ought to be on your path of life. You are healthily articulating your feelings in the present – isn’t that what you help people to do?! Sounds like you are doing great to me. Same here on outside. My little man would sleep outside on the grass if I didn’t come in at night. He waits by the door like a little dog as soon as he gets up and stays out all day!

runswithrocky

mere - sometimes I find if I tip the scale the other way my anxiety goes away.  so instead of keeping it at bay totally indulge it!  For, like, 30 min to an hour.  For me, it helps me realize that anxiety is futile and what the heck was I supposed to get out of it anyway?  Hugs.  Thinking about you and hoping you get a pregnant soon.

RunningUphill

I am not sure I can get on board with the new forums but I will try;

RR: Seriously lacking.  3 yesterday.  I dont think I will have time today or tomorrow.  I am really struggling with how to fit my runs in.  I usually have evenings free but feel bad leaving the fam more than 1 night/week.  I am really jonesing for more miles.

NRR: Holiday madness!!!  I am almost done with my shopping and my family is doing our big hanukkah party on saturday.  Should be fun.

TR: I am not sure if it is the TTC struggles or he has really turned over a new leaf but every day I just want to cry I feel so lucky to have such a totally amazing little kid in my life.  I realize that makes me sound like a complete mombie, but hopefully all of my previous posts about how exhausted I am and how frustrated I get makes it clear I am not a mombie at heart.  Just having an emotional season : )

I have been trying to write this post for an hour. . .Be back for personals.

Leeleeche

RR - 3 tonight. I need it!

KR - home sick yesterday but better today. We actaully had fun snuggling on the couch and watching movies yesterday. It is so

easy to take care of a sick almost 7 year old than a 2.5 year old

BR - very bossy! 

NRR - I am so stressed out right now. Between not knowing if my office is going to close or not,  the kids being sick,  the weather being grey. DH working all the time, DH expanding his shop, DH agreeing to be on the Peruvian Team for the PanAm Olympic trials next year...I am a bundle of nerves and anxiety right now. DH and I keep getting into it. I am an awful biotch!!!

---------

zorbs - pahlease!!! Who gives a cr@p about the stupid real beard. It's not like the kids know the difference and in my opinion, the fake beard usually looks better.

RG - I can't get paragraph breaks on my iphone either. 

jen - that is the tough part with the holidays! I use my debit card only now to keep my spending down. I have gotten myself in too much trouble with credit cards and don't trust myself anymore.

mer - bummer on the bathroom incident! I would have been embarrast. My DH has them on every long ride, no matter who he is with. I would die!

cx2 - when do you go back to work? I was counting the days on my mat leave. I am not a good sahm!

BermyHorse

rocky - when do you have your "official" gender scan? how are you feeling?