Womens Running

Totally Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 331 times)

Marathonjen

Bermy - OMG - How the heck did you take care of DS with vertigo?  Seriously??  I want to know?  I was sick once and home alone with J last year and that was awful...and my illness was just me not feeling well and very weak...nothing like what you went through.  So happy it is over.  Glad your running is going really well.  Does your DS use a spoon on his own?  J can't even eat off a plate without throwing it on the ground and everytime I give him a spoon he chucks in across the room.  The trip is in less than 3 weeks.  I am trying to use your notes and guide myself for packing.  I really like your idea for the mattress on the floor...I asked DH to call the hotel and they said that if the crib is too small they will give us a cot and we can use the mattress from that!  Also, I never would have thought about the baby proofing stuff!

Rocky - Sorry about the work drama.  Your food tonights sound delicious...I looked up the recipe...it is a bit more time than I want to devote to cooking...to hard when DH isn't home.  Too cute about Em saying bye bye dada. J gets scared it seems when I say "say bye bye" and the person is looking at him he just stares.  As soon as they walk away he says bye and waves...lol.  

Banshee - Hi...hope you were able to get everything done today.  How do you fit in all your running?  You amaze me.

mere - Glad you and DH are doing well and you kind of let go of the charting stuff.  Hopefully that will relieve some stress, although I know it is hard to not think about it all the time.

BermyHorse

uphill - totally agree on loving your kid. I watch my DS like TV. He is awesome and rocks my world. Yes, I agree on tough stepping out in evening - let me know what you come up with!

Lee - Your DH is taking on a lot and it means you are left in support of his activities, picking up/ schlepping etc. Tough tough tough. No wonder you are at it. Time for some Leelee time? Spa? Mommy-pamper time?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runswithrocky

Bermy - Oh I totally forgot that.  Gender scan is next tuesday afternoon.  Feeling good!  Ready to get to the fun part of being pregnant - the movement!  This time it's going by so much faster.  DH texted me randomly yesterday "almost half way done!!!"  <-- and he never uses punctuation so he must be really excited.  LOL.  We'll likely be getting an amnio before the end of the year as well to confirm if baby has Kell interactions.  Still feeling optimistic that baby doesn't have it though.  Hoping I'm right so I can enjoy and stop freaking out about this pregnancy. 

Sorry about the vertigo.  My dad is all about the Epley maneuver, but like you has to do it over and over.  Glad it has passed for you!  Crazy how those little tiny ear crystals can mess with us so much!

RunningUphill

Bermy: So sorry about the vertigo!!!  I have had it a couple of times for a few hours.  5 days straight?!  I think I would be suicidal.

Rocky: My dh and I have the opposite problem.  He thinks we should be stockpiling for the apocalypse.

Leelee: So sorry about your stress!!  There is something in the air right now.  I feel so wound tight myself.  Deep breaths and remember to take things one at a time.  I totally missed the thing about your office.  It might be closing?

Jmmiller; 10 miles in the rain?!  You rock!  How are you fitting in your runs while your dh is away?  I am really struggling with time management these days.  I think I need to start running in the early morning.

Marathonjen

Uphill – I hope you are able to figure out some time for your runs.  Glad you are almost done with your holiday shopping.  I hear you on the emotions for your DS.  I hug DS every night and think about how lucky I am since I never knew if I would have a baby with all our TTC struggles.  Definitely not mombie…just thankful for what you have!

Leelee – Sorry DS was sick…at least you got snuggle and watch movies.  I don’t think you are a b…I think you are a concerned mom who doesn’t want to have to carry the weight of the family on her shoulders.  You are justified in your feelings but hopefully you and DH can have a good talk on how to handle everything going forward.  The job situation is tough though

jmmiller

Bermy:  HI!  That Vertigo sounded awful.  Did you just wake up one day and it was gone?  Good luck with your speed session today!  My next big goal is a 50K trail run the day before my birthday (FEB).  I'm doing a 25k trail race Saturday as a training run.  Uphill has been helping me get my training in.

Mere:  Yay for lots of TTC time with DH!

Uphill:  I only did 10 yesterday because I was supposed to do it Sunday and didn't want to go that long in the pouring rain.  Turns out it rained anyway. LOL.  I was really late to work :/. I know what you mean about getting the runs in.  Its tough.  I have the hardest time trying to get my runs in after work because I'm tired and just want to hang with the fam.Do you think you can do it in the mornings?  What time does DS wake up?  I always feel great if I can get my run done first thing in the morning.  When DH is gone its not really possible and when he's here the kids double team us.  I'm hoping the double teaming stops soon.

Lee:  You have a lot going on!  I'm sorry if I missed this, why would your office close?

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

superspike113

Honorary Old

twinmom- I hate coffee so chai lattes are my indulgence. So spicy and delicious. I usually try to make 5 my max with the stroller. I have only done 6-7 a few times. R loves the stroller so its only a matter of my comfort/endurance.

Shelbyjo- I have have had an alarm in my phone for the past 10 years at 9 o'clock pm to take my pill. Works like a charm. I carry my bcp in my purse so I always have them with me.

jen- R only tolerated veggies before and now he throws them to the dog. He must be like DH. DH will eat fruit by the truckload and only likes veggies ok. I'm the opposite- I eat veggies for breakfast.

Rocky- DH got mad at me when I moved because I packed up my food, he thought it was weird. Do you need to remind him that your pantry saved your asses when he was out of work and you were subsiding on your paycheck alone? Plus, pull the EDC/Emergency preparedness card on him. SOrry MIL is coming again so soon...

Bermy- Good luck on finding the rental. Sorry about the vertigo- that sounds awful. I had some yesterday and I felt like I was going to fall out of my chair and then barf all afternoon.  I am feeling lots better- the nausea subsided down to mild heartburn yesterday and I'm finally over my cold so I've gone running the past two days. I'm on my inert BCPs right now, so hopefully the AF on these pills won't be awful and the nausea won't come back when I start the active pills again. They however have made me pretty moody and have zero sex drive. Poor DH. I'm having occasional jabby pains in the neighborhood of that cyst, so its still chilling in there I'm sure.

mere- sorry you are feeling so blah about everything. I'm not sure I can give you advice about TTC, it was really easy for me last time, and it looks like next time is going to be really hard with the polycystic ovaries. There is no magic bullet, unfortunately. I am not excited at all about Christmas, but I never am. Maybe I will be once R understands more?

Banshee- DH is on a rotating shift so last week he worked nights, this week days, this weekend nights again so I try to be really chill about sleeping schedules for him. DH is really supportive of my running since he runs too and the doctor told me to run more.

Uphill- I was wondering how you were doing. Did you ever find a suitable gift for your SIL? When will you go back to the doctor for some answers on no AF? I feel you on the guilt on evening runs, I hate that. DH has no problem being gone in the evenings, why do I beat myself up over it?

Lee- sorry the kiddos are sick. I hope you get your answers about work soon, that would drive me crazy. I'm a total planner.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmere

Uphill - I 2nd Jen's opinion that you are most definitely NOT a mombie...I find myself getting teary and just soaking in every moment of C lately and wanting to hang on to time and not let him get any older.  ((HUGS)) Glad you got lots of your shopping done!  I, on the other hand, have not started.

runswithrocky

Spike - no idea where this came from since we've been working on it.  I used up all the odds and ends of grain.  DH doesn't like carb centric meals every night so I've been spacing pasta/rice meals out.  His outburst was so weird.  Whatever.  We've had little to no waste as well since I've been meal planning.  I think he's feeling the Christmas $$ anxiety because he has the whole "buy buy buy" Christmas mentality and I have the whole "please let's get through this without incurring any debt" Christmas mentality.  His family thinks I'm a bah hum bug because when I do Christmas budget I also factor in all the fun food  - like expensive cuts of meat, seafood, pistacios and his family is like "that doesn't count."  Um, if it's coming out of my checkbook it counts! 

Trail Monster

Bermy - I was on RWOL, same screen name. I had a pic of me doing a pull up on RWOL. Now I picked a picture from a 22 mile trail run I did with some friends last year. We were scoping out the course of a 50 mile race we all did and having a good old time doing it! Smile

RU - why do you feel guilty if you have the time in the evenings? A 30 minute run won't take that much from your family and you'll be more attentive and happier if you aren't thinking about running all the time!

leelee - that is a lot on your plate! Having a DH who was a competitive athlete would probably drive me nuts. DH decided to do three races this weekend and was gone most of Saturday and Sunday and I wanted to KILL him!

Off to work now y'all! Have a good one and sorry if I didn't get a personal to you! Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

superspike113

Honorary Old

Uphill- you are not a mombie. One day I'm tearing my hair out, but then there are nights last night where I just look at Reid and just think "Wow, I made that amazing little person, I wonder what he'll do next?"

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Leeleeche

jmmiller - baby powder? Wow!!! I never would have considered it but nice to know that it works! We seem to have them every few years in the spring. 

simon - for years I was constantly growing my hair out and then cutting it. Finally I am happy with shorter hair. It is just barely long enough to fit in a pony tail .

shelby - I am such a horrible biotch right now. I feel so bad for my DH too. AF is in full swing here. Arrgg!! Stupid hormones!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

twin - wow, I had no idea giant inflatable penguins were in such high demand!

spike - he ate spaghetti once (got the classic spag mess pics) and never again.  that is the one thing I wish B ate, I could hide so many veggies in that. Hair colour: you're blonde, you could try hair chalk (available at Sally's) or this: http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/01/chalk-it-up/

rocky - I read over and over that it's the parent's influence that is key, and DH and I eat fairly healthy, whenever we eat veggies in front of B, we go "YUM YUM!!"  My DH wants to have a stockpile for the zombie apocalypse too.

bermy - so sorry about your vertigo but I have to admit I lol'd on your tea cup ride description.

mere - I open up 2 windows while doing personals, one to type, the other to scroll through the later pages.

sara - sounds like your DH has got the Man Sick.

lee - HEY the PanAm games are in toronto in 2015! If your DH makes the team, you need to come visit!

uphill - to me, being a mombie is not about saying that you love your kid, it's all the other stupid shit you do and claim it to be for love of your child.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Leeleeche

spike  I find a hat much more important than pants in rain too. I hate getting rain in my eyes but I also feel like less clothes are better. How exciting to see your house plans! How much influence have you had so far? I would love to build a house from the ground up but I know someday I will at least remodel a house from the foundation up and that will be a huge project!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Lee- We have had almost total say. We toured a house that we liked a lot and decided to go with something similar and then tweak it to our tastes. Our builder does have a lot of expertise and thinks of things we don't, its pretty cool.