Womens Running

Divas here - Refugee monday (Read 330 times)

lizo_77

Post ladies! I was able to figure out how to start a thread... we'll see how this goes.

lizo_77

Awesome weekend! though I was sick for most of it. Sad.

RR: 2 miles friday, 4 miles saturday, 4 miles sunday and 2.6 miles this morning. had to take wednesday and thursday off.  So now I'm back in the saddle and planning to sign up for a half marathon in brookings for may and the st pattys day runs for march of next year. I'm all pumped to start a new training season!

NRR: holiday was super relaxing. I was sick for most of it, but M was so sweet. He was all concerned about me running outdoors or pushing myself too hard. back to work today and hope it's a good one! Having lunch with M later.

gsdrunner

Morning ladies!

RR: Didn't run over the weekend. Back to it today with 5 to 7. Depends on how M does. 

NRR: Our guest have left, so its back the norm. M did get with everything. Surprisingly, A did fabulous with everyone in the house. Started getting everything finalized for M's one year bday party! Can you believe it!

Have a great day.... 

MA runner girl

Good morning ladies!

RR: 6 miles yesterday to make it 16 for the week. Most I’ve run since early September! I feel good! Going to the gym tonight for a relaxing swim.

NRR: Long weekend was very nice and relaxing. I got caught up on lots of sleep! I hadn’t had a long weekend without a ton of plans in so long. DH was off to Vermont for the week this morning. Going to miss him! I don’t think I’ve ever been home alone this long without him.

Liz – Nice job with all the runs! I’m sorry you were sick for the weekend, but how nice that M was there for you.

GSD – Wow, I really can’t believe it’s been a year!! I was looking at pics of M on FB and she is so cute. I love the ones where she sticks out her tongue. DH thought it was cute too!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

SassySparky

Hey ladies!  This is a little wonky but I'll give it a shot!

RR: Did two 3 milers over the thanksgiving holiday - not bad.  was supposed to run yesterday but never got around to it.  So I'm doing 3 miles after work in the dark tonight if I can make myself

NRR: Had a great weekend at my dad's house.  Just relaxed, ate, played with G.  He's doing so much, it's crazy.  

GSD - I seriously can not believe M is going to be one!  

Lizo - great job on weekend workouts!  Sorry you were sick for the weekend!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

lizo_77

gsd: can't believe it's coming up on M's 1st b-day either! nuts! glad the guest visits went well!

MA: hope the week goes fast without DH! yay for a relaxing weekend for you!

sassy: sounds like a fun relaxing weekend for you!  way to go on your runs over the holiday!

I'm going to post a thread at RWOL to let the ladies know we're over here...

LucyBelle

Woohoo! Glad we found a place to post without all the spam. Too bad for RWOL...

RR: Well I ended up running 3 miles twice last week, so I guess 3 will be my new "standard."  Ran 8 miles total last week, will probably do the same this week, and shoot for 10 next week. Today will be 2.5 miles or so.

NRR: The long weekend was a really nice combination of relaxation and productivity, except for the whole landlord debacle I posted about on FB. That was no fun. Had a great Thanksgiving with the family, got a lot of Christmas shopping done (I'm almost ALL done), got a new wedding dress, cleaned the apartment, etc. CRF is re-taking the GREs today in hopes of getting a better score to apply to grad schools, so I'm sending him vibes for that! 

Personals coming right up! 

LucyBelle

Lizo: Sorry you were sick over the long weekend, but it sounds like you still got some great workouts and some quality time with M in!!

MArunner: A week without DH? Is he in VT for work? At least maybe you'll get to have a lot of relaxing evenings...

GSD: I can't believe M is going to be 1 either! And I saw the pic of her standing on FB! I guess she decided to put weight on her legs after all, huh??

Sassy: G is so stinkin' adorable I can't stand it. I'll be running after work in the dark tonight too! If we channel each other, maybe it will give us motivation! 

monk717

OK, so I've had a heck of a time getting a cursor to type a post?

RR: Missed the turkey trot on Thursday, so ran 3 miles on my own. Didn't make it to the gym Friday and had a surprising 5 miles on Saturday. Yesterday I decided to test my luck and try to run again... only made it 1 mile and then finished with 20 mins on the elliptical. A decent workout weekend for sure.

NRR: I'm sick :-( So A threw up in the car Thursday morning as we were heading to the turkey trot. She was fine after, so we still went to my family's for dinner later that afternoon. Well she was a little off Friday and then we found out why on Saturday, as she really got sick. Don't know why the two-day delay. But anyway, I had some bouts of nausea over the weekend but thought it was random preggo stuff. I felt odd before going out to lunch yesterday with variance (she's due in less than a month!), was still able to eat and feel fine and then within a couple hours I was sick sick. Uggh. So I'm home today and DH isn't feeling good this morning either, he told me not to be surprised if he was home with me in a couple hours.

Yesterday I bought a Christmas stocking kit for baby P. I cross stitched A's and started it well before she was thought of and finished a few days before her first Christmas. So I figure with 13 months until P's first Christmas I better get started! I started working on it last night and might do a little later if I feel up to it.

I am still feeling yucky but was getting really hungry... had a couple pieces of toast and now I'm starting to feel worse again. Uggh. Have a good day divas!

TXAginMS

I found y'all!!!

Hopefully this one doesnt get overrun with spam. That was ridiculous.

RR: Nothing since my Turkey Trot on Thursday ( I finished that in 25:12 and got 2nd in my age group) because I think I might be injured. I felt a "pop" on mile 2 of the race and I've been hurting since. I'm going to test it out today and try to run 5. I'm in a panic because my half marathon is in 2 weeks and I wanted a PR at the race.

NRR: I had a great holiday! Thanksgiving was awesome and Saturday we went to see my family in Texas for lunch. Afterwards we met up with some of my friends in Shreveport, LA. We saw George Jones in concert and then we gambled a little. I only went through $10 so it was as success. I ended my night when a stranger walked up to me and handed me a $100 ticket and said "Merry Christmas." I've never had a stranger give me anything much less a hundred bucks!! I turned 30 yesterday.....ugh....

LucyBelle

Tex: Where was the pop/what hurts? That's so cool that a stranger gave you $100. And you didn't even have to lose money gambling to get it! 30 isn't "ugh"! 30 is "YAY"! 

TXAginMS

Lucy- I've been having a nagging soreness/pain in my groin. Near where my leg meets my pelvis on the insid. The tightness was running from there down to the inside of my knee. The "pop" was in my groin/bikini line where I'd had pain for a while. It's been bothering me for over a year every time I get my mileage over 30-35mpw. Rolling out  my inner thigh seems to help.

SassySparky

Oh here's a "fun" story from the weekend. My dad was playing with G, and I guess he started acting hungry so instead of telling me so I could nurse him (which means playtime is over) he gave him a bunch of cheerios. This was the day we were leaving. So by the time we got home, poor kid had a tummy ache and was super constipated. Of course that meant Big D and I were up late soothing him and trying to make him feel better. Grandparents ...

MA - great job on a 16 mile week!

Lucy - great job on the running, and getting the landlord stuff wokred out. Can we see the new wedding dress?? Are you going to sell the old one?

Monk - hope you all feel better soon

Tex - great job, but yowch!  Hope the pain goes away.  Popping is scary.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

gsdrunner

RR: Dont think I will be running today ... M is having a cling to me day...

Lizo: Nice job on the running.

MA:  Enjoy the quite time. It will be over before you know it.

Sassy: Glad to hear all is going well and G is doing so well.

Lucy: LOL. Actually, I put her on her feet (kinda made her and she took it from there.) She does actually get up on her own yet. But she is putting it together. Sorry to hear about the landlord thing. GL to CDBF.

Tex: Yay for 30! Crazy about the stranger, but you deserved it! Hope the pop was nothing too much.

Monk: Hope you and DH feel better soon. 

RunNaiRun

I'm here, I'm here!  Happy Monday, DIVAs!

I hope to be back later at some point, but happy after Turkey Day Monday to everyone, hope everyone is doing well and have lovely weekends!

Love you all!