Womens Running

Mattress Magnet Monday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Ohhh, how wonderful it would have been to stay in bed.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did 45 minutes cardio DVD since I had the beef broth crock pot soup to do. It takes several hours just to get the ingredients together. I let it cook during the night.

Saturday was SDO but I walked about a mile.

Sunday was 50 minutes  on the trail with Sunday Buddy. Then I walked a mile.

Today will be a track run and cardio DVD.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies!

Can't believe tht it is Monday....

Crazysue - Great job on your Tri this week-end...sounded grueling though!

Lisa - I am so hopeful for your PT on your knee.....I can't imagine how hard this has/is  for you.

NRR - Exciting day yesterday...DD #2 got engaged at the U of M football game on Sat.  Her BF had a banner flying around on a plane while they were tailgating asking her to marry him....she called to tell me and at first all she could say was "he got me a plane"...they want something small, and this Fall...so we were out looking a a cool lodge setting on a river...He is a great guy so I am thrilled for them.

No running for me yesterday, my quads and 2 toes are sore from Saturday's race.  Will either go for a little shake-out run today, or bike a little.

Carol

LC Runs

Hi Ladies Smile

Judy - Hi there, great weekend for you!

Carol - Congrats to your DD, how exciting!

Well, no run for me yesterday or this morning.  I plan on going after work, my Fusion class schedule has changed so no class on Mondays.  Brought my stuff to work and will shoot for 4-5 miles.

The reason I didn't run on Sunday was because my nearly 14 year old son broke his wrist the last 2 minutes of his soccer game and had to have surgery.  What an awful experience.  I was working the concession stand, which has a view of the game but I didn't see it happen.  In fact, I realized it was him rolling on the ground because of his bright green shoes but the games stops fairly frequently for 'hurt' players; I actually thought he'd gotten kicked in the groin or something.  Well, after my friend who's an RN went sprinting on the field, I knew it was serious.  I ran out and took one look at his arm Tight lips .  Poor kid was so brave, braver than me who nearly passed out in the car.  My ex was there and was able to transport to the hospital.   The surgery was Sunday morning and it went really well, they ended up putting a pin in (initially thought he'd need a plate) and his growth plate is okay.  He came home yesterday afternoon.   All things considered, I am so thankful he was playing at home and we were both there.  Sometimes, when they play an away game, the coach takes them and we play in some really rural areas.  I realize how well liked my son is based on the kids that have checked on him, he's kind of quiet and doesn't socialize a whole lot outside of school, but so many of his friends called me, stopped by the hospital or friended me on FB to see how he's doing.   He should be back in school Wednesday.

With all that excitement, I barely remembered that....I got a new job!!!!  The manager and I played phone tag all day on Friday and we finally connected at 6pm that night.  Am turning in my resignation letter today, though I have to put in 4 weeks notice in order to get my cash out of PTO time.

Well, better scoot, gotta get my younger kids to school, they're with me and DS is at his Dad's, figured he could use some extra quiet time.

Good Morning!  Still dragging today, but did make it through group power class.  Went up on my weights, I am still shaking......

Karen--Scary! How does DH feel today?  Definitely check on the bike--my friend wrecked (tackled by a big dog)and the bike frame broke.  The manufacturer replaced the bike.

Lisa--hang in there!!

Carol--congrats for your DD!  How exciting!!

Laura--congrats on the job!!  Hope your son heals up quickly.  Scary indeed.

Have a great day everyone!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry for being MIA but much happened this weekend.  First, Hershey was sedated at the vet and died but was revived.  He is apparently very sensitive to the medication and I am glad the doctor found him blue instead of completely dead.  Since then, he is doing well and is back home.  Between the slight cold and Hershey's illness, my LR was affected and I only did 14 of my 22.  I felt exhausted from a sleepless night on Sunday so the LR was a bust.

I have 8 miles tonight and although I still feel a tad tired, I am not sure if it's just a case of the Mondays.

judyruns, nice workouts all weekend.  Enjoy the track and the DVD.

Carol, congrats to DD!  Congrats on the race.

LC Runs, sorry about your kid's surgery.  Hoping his wrist is better and that he is in less pain.  Ouch.  Congrats on the job!

Karen, that is scary!  Hope everything is OK.

Sue, shaking after weights is good!

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sue, great job this weekend!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Dang ladies, there is A LOT going on around here!

Laura, congrats on the new job!!! And your poor son - I saw the pics on facebook and I don't know how you kept it together for that. The x-ray looked like it must have been so painful for him.

Carol, congrats to your DD!

Damaris, poor kitty! I'm glad they found Hershey in time and were able to save him. What an awful thing to go through. I'm glad he (and you) are doing better.

Marjorie, shaking my head at twin. And very sorry you have to deal with it.

Susan, nice job with the weights. We will definitely check on the bike, but I think racing negates a lot of warranty stuff. Amazingly, none of the components were damaged. They are worth more than the frame, so at least there's that. Apparently after they drove all the bikes and injured riders back to the start/finish, someone tried to steal DH's bike (for the parts, obviously, not the frame)! Guy said he thought it was his (right, it was the only Guru there). And it had stickers with DH's name on it! DH didn't feel like sticking around for the cops, so just told the guy "I should punch you in the throat right now" and walked off. Slowly. He doesn't have the scrawny build of most cyclists, so even injured, he could probably beat the crap out of them at least...but I'm very glad he just walked away.

Judy, hmm, I might have to make soup for dinner.

Interview for me today downtown at noon. Then as soon as I get home have to take DH to his appointment at urgent care for x-rays and such. He's still almost passing out sometimes when he stands up, so I told him he had to go to the doctor. Well-needed SRD from running here.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen....Uh, yeah, definitely think your DH needs to be checked out.  So sorry, hope he is okay.

LC...your poor son, and you!  Glad he is alright and home.  How scary.  Congratulations on the new job!!!!

Sue...I am dragging today too, really don't feel well.

Damaris...Oh my goodness about your cat, glad they looked at him when they did!  Guess he just used up one of his nine lives.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Karen--yes, if DH is still lightheaded he needs to be seen.  What a scumbag!!!!  Trying to steal DH's bike!!!  I would still pursue the frame warranty, but yes, the components are the $$$ parts.  Good luck with the interview!!

Damaris--glad the kitty made it.  My cat, Sam, has blown through a couple of his 9 lives too....  Still stressful..

camille2

I was just going to take a quick peek in, but have to comment on the big news today.

Laura, your poor son has my sympathy.  so do you-hard to watch your kid hurt.  Congrats on the job!!! I'm very happy for you!

Carol, congrats to your DD. What a nice engagement memory they'll have!

Demaris, I'm glad you kitty is OK!

Karen, it sure sounds like your hubby needs to be cked. Yep..the guy who tried to steal it is a scumbag.

Have good runs everyone.

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I got out for 5.5 miles this morning. I feel like I am finally beginning to regain some of my fitness after my slack summer. I wrote out my training plan for my December half, so it's time to get serious! My weight has crept up to 1/2 pound above my "acceptable" range, so I need to get that in control as well.

Karen - I'm glad your DH is getting himself checked out. I couldn't believe it, looking at that bike frame! Glad he wasn't seriously injured.

Lisa - I hope PT helps you see some improvement. I know it has to be SO frustrating that it's taking so long.

Laura - so sorry about your son's arm. The x-rays on FB look really painful. My DS2 has had 5 surgeries, so I know how nerve-racking it can be. Hope he recovers quickly.

Camille - I can't believe it's time for you to head back this way! Where did the summer go?

Judy - I love my crock pot! It is a life saver on the nights the boys have activities. I try not to resort to fast food too often.

Tessa - my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I'm sorry things are so, so difficult.

Carol - congrats to your DD! Nice that you like her fiance. 

Crazysue - nice job on the tri over the weekend - especially with so many snafus beforehand!

Damaris - glad the vet was able to revive the kitty. 

Ginny - way to stick it out yesterday even when you didn't feel well. Hope you feel better as the day goes on; DH has been fighting a cold and felt pretty punk over the weekend.

Off to shower and run to the store. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and I don't even have a card for him, much less a gift. I am a bad wife! Have a good day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm with you Judy, staying in bed would have been nice.

I didn't sleep well.  It was hot (Quincy was in bed with us and he was a regular doggie furnace for some reason).  That, and my cell phone rang at 10 pm.  Who the heck calls people that late?  I looked at it and it was my dad's wife.  I didn't call her back.  Didn't want to deal with more drama.  Twin made my dad cry.  Intentional or not, it was uncalled for and it is now totally up to my twin to fix this.  He and my dad need to stop acting like 5 year olds and talk to each other.  My dad does the "no one loves me" thing all the time.  I guess last night dad sent twin an email.  SIL replied to the email.  This will not end well unless they actually talk.  My SIL sent me a message last night on what she had sent my dad.  Ugh.  I replied back that I had talked to twin and that they needed to fix this and I, nor anyone else, can do it for them.  I also said they needed to stop acting like 5 year olds.

Lisa you are not being a downer.  I could fill pages of stuff on all the family drama.  I'm trying to not just vomit it all over the page!

Karen, hope the doc has good news.  Hope it isn't a fracture or tear.  How stupid the guy wanted to steal the bike!  Just wow!

Sue going up in weights on a work out is tough!

Hi to Gatsby!

Carol saw the engagement on FB.  How wonderful!

Laura how scary.  Glad it worked out.  Congrats on the new job Smile

Cindy glad the fitness is coming back!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Interview went really well. She told me she was planning on bringing people back for second interviews after their fall meeting in two weeks, but is thinking about doing it next week instead. Either way, she wants me to come back. We got along really well and I think I would enjoy working there. It went longer than anticipated though, so DH had to drive himself to the doctor. Depending on what they say, I may have to go pick him up later.

I don't know why, but I am now exhausted! I need to get to the grocery store but may try to squeeze in a quick nap first.

Cindy, glad you're starting to feel back to normal.

Marjorie, geez. Twin and dad need to grow up and act like adults!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

LCruns - Congrats on the new job!!! Woohoo!  So glad your son's surgery went well  - what a scare...

Karen - Sounds like a great interview.  Hope all is ok with DH...Keep us posted.

Damarias - How scarey for you on Hershey!  Glad everything is ok now.

No run for me....I am really tired today....DD#1's family all has had a stomach virus, in fact she started not feeling good yesterday while we were out together..... Sad    I am declaring a rest day here.

Carol