Womens Running

Darkness Mondays (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Weird driving to work in the dark again!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me. Abs tonight!

Easy miles but I was inching down to MP by the end. Calf is tight so I am back to doing heel raises twice a day. Now my feet are angry - they always get angry when I start doing those Smile

So yeah, I was expecting some SNOW when I woke up..but NOPE. 40 out there...they dropped our snow totals to a dusting and it won't be coming until this afternoon - but yet, schools are still closed hahaha. I doubt the roads will get any accumulation. I think this will be our last chance of snow for the Winter.

This is going to be a stressful week. We have a big event being hosted here on Saturday (which is why I have to be here) - there is A LOT of prep. Hopefully all goes well. But the lady hosting...is not very nice.

Karen – Nice job pushing to get the 10. Packet pickup a week early?! That’s nice and convenient.

Docket – Awesome, sounds like a plan! I am waiting for the Airbnb host to answer a question I have – then I will book! Nice job on the 18!!

Lisa – You are being so smart with taking it easy!! I would have KT taped those ribs and headed out there..but im stubborn. Good for you!

Happy Monday!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I couldn't get back to sleep after 6am, bah.  I have 4 and weights tonight.

Liz, good luck with the event.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!

Had a good swim---glad I got out of bed!

Chilly here! I had to break out the jacket again.

Thanks for the sweet comments about DD. She is due 4/28. Yes, first grandbaby. We are all so excited.

Ginny--I went to a Grandmother's shower a couple of months ago. No presents, new baby was there. More like a cocktail party.

Have a great day!

dhuffman63

Trails

Good luck with the prep work Lizzie.  I hate DST but silver lining is I'm not driving into the sun right now.

Damaris, we watched Wind River last night and I woke up at 2 thinking about that moving and had a hard time going back to sleep.  ARG.

Got my 8 in yesterday to finish a 38 mile week...woohoo longest ever.  I've started weather stalking...so far Sat the 24th is looking like 42/61 with 14 mph winds out of the SW.  No rain forecast.  Other than the winds I can take that.

Karen I just might get up to the miles on the training plan...of course they are walking miles and not running...lol.

Lisa, nice taking it easy.  I'd probably put a elastic band around mine but I certainly wouldn't go running.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

LC Runs, so sorry about the fall. Hope it is minimal and getting well quickly.

Gatsby Bird, sorry about your fall as well.

Lisa, I am missing something. What happened to the ribs???

Best healing vibes for all of you!

Friday was SDO.

Saturday was 35 minutes running here at home.

Sunday DC and I went to the gym. I did 45 minutes, the first part was at a faster pace.

Today I plan either a TM run or gym. Not sure which yet.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

6 easy miles planned for me this morning, followed by strength training (I am going to do all 18 of these workouts, dangit!). DH is back to working from home, but it's much less annoying after having an entire week without it. With daylight savings time comes the start of Tuesday and Thursday group rides, and one of those at least starts close to his office, so he'll probably be going in at least once a week from now through late fall. Our weather is in the same pattern it's been in for awhile now - gorgeous during the week, then warms up and rains on the weekend.

Diane, that's even more impressive mileage if it's walking. That is a lot of time on your feet and will serve you well come race day.

Liz, yikes, stressful week ahead for you. At least you're not tapering? Sorry, that's about the best I can do right now.

Good morning Damaris, Susan and Judy!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Carol – great running this weekend!  You are doing Pitt, right?  Which means you are two weeks ahead of me.  I feel behind!  But, hoping to get in 18 this weekend.  It’s a gonna be tough.

Karen – your Sat RB sounds pretty funny.  I’d have opted for Starbucks as well!  Ewww on the humidity – hard to believe you are experiencing that already when there is still so much dang snow up here.  I would like to personally thank you for avoiding the shops when us working stiffs are there!  It sorta bugs when the grocery store is filled with all the grey hairs at 5pm.  I want to ask every single one of them what they were doing all day and that they should return at 10am LOL  WTG on the at home strength – that’s harrrrrrrrrrrrrd to do.  High five!!

Damaris – killing the miles as always.  That’s one tough coach you have haha.  Man, I think the entire US should ban DST!!

Laura – oh wow, that must be a huge challenge trying to accommodate all the different food preferences.  Maybe that’s why I’m still single with no kids – the whole feeding people thing would stress me out.  That’s awesome you sit down for a meal.  I appreciate having done that as a kid.  My one sister does that for her family, the other doesn’t.  Makes a difference, IMO.  Congrats on the 10K!!

Kat – your nails and backyard sound like they are all prettied up for spring!

Diane – woohoo!  Huge congrats on the 20!  How are you feeling today?

Tessa – don’t blame ya at all for rethinking the barmaid gig.  You are so busy now!  And, agreed, you don’t want it to interfere with running!!

Lizzie – weekend was fun but, exhausting.  Since I played for two days, I had to do WAY too much adulting yesterday.  Cracking up at salad for brunch but I may have done the same.  Not gonna lie – I sometimes eat lunch at 10:30 at work if I am hungry.  I HATED how dark it was this morning!  OMG girl look at you being all speedy already.  Fargo in less than 10 weeks – eeks!  40* and no snow sounds PERFECT.  I saw on the weather this morning that it looked barely west of you.  Hope the week goes fast and is better than you expect.  Boo to the mean lady.  What’s your long run this weekend?  I feel like I almost need to copy you now LOL

Sue – what a lovely picture!!

Ginny – congrats on the 7mi!!  Pumped for you!!  Awww a grandmother shower sounds cute.  Hope you had a fun time.

Gatsby – congrats on the race!  But, oof on the fall.  Nope, had to adult all day yesterday.  Wasn’t fun.  Blerg.

Lisa – dang on the pain still!  Smart to keep resting.  Sounds awful.

Regular rest day here.  Too much adulting yesterday after playing for two days but got it all done.  Included grocery AND cooking.  I know, I know, most do that weekly but man it’s exhausting.  Already looking forward to the weekend.  I have zero plans (other than long run solo Sat morning) and then I plan to watch basketball.  All day every day.  March Madness, baby!!  Have a good day!!

Docket_Rocket

Diane, I loved that movie, surprisingly, but yeah, I can see how it would keep you awake too.  Great 8 and mileage!

Susan, nice job on the swim.

Judy, enjoy the TM or gym.

Karen, enjoy the 6.

Sandy, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris I liked the movie but what had me thinking was the shootout at the trailer.  I just couldn't get past someone shooting an FBI agent and then all the other LEOs like that.  I do like that all the bad guys ended up dead, especially the last one.

Sandy, hey now I have grey hair and sometimes have to shop after work.  I do prefer Sunday at 8 am as there's no one there then.  I feel good today, hungry as all get out but no real soreness.  I have a SDO today so just going to eat all I can....lol.

Karen the 20 took about 5 hours.  I stopped every 5 miles and peed and grabbed cookies, pretzels, whatever sounded good.  I'm hoping the same strategy can get me 9 hours for the 50k.

I have a taper question for you all.  I've not been this consistent in training before so this is new.  I have about 2 weeks til PS and plan on doing 28 miles this week, then the week of doing 5 on Tue, 5 on Wed, then off Thur and Fri before the event.  Does that sound about right for a taper.  Keep in mind I've been walking...mostly in around a 15:30 avg pace.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  It's National Nap Day, so take advantage.    I had a good weekend, I had CPR/AED training with the race team on Saturday.  They also had training on setting up race equipment and race timing, so I stayed for that.  They are hiring people to work in the timing trailer but I don't know if I could handle the stress.    Yesterday we went to the in-laws and hung out, they just returned from their Thailand trip.

Lizzie, no more WFH?  That sucks.  That will make those Friday long runs much tougher!  Haha, I like Italian, I don't know if it's my fave.  Other people wanted to go there for the Friday Fish Fry.    You know, I didn't have cake for my birthday this year!  I will have some pie on pi day instead.

Laura, congrats on the AG place!  Ouch on the fall.  My fast co-worker has fallen twice this winter, after laughing at me for falling.  Serves him right!  

Sandy, sounds like a fun weekend!  How fast do the mean girls make you run?  Yay on a thaw!  We've had fairly decent weather, in the upper 30's and sunny.  It feels nice.    The lunch was great!  I had Italian Beef.  I was stuffed!  I didn't eat dinner.  No big St. Patty's Day plans for you next weekend?  The celebrating has started here.  I can't believe how many races there are for St. Patrick's Day around here!  It's got to be the biggest running holiday here.

Kat, it was 88?  Wow, hard to believe we all live in the same country.    You got a lot done this weekend!

Karen, frappuccino after a run sounds good!  Nice job with the strength training!  Keep it up.  Haha, imagining all the hair on you.  Sounds like you need to lay down some yoga mats before your workout.  

Diane, ooh, you got the Trekz Air?  I have the Titanium.  The Titanium comes in a "mini" size for smaller heads.  The Air looks really nice though!  Congrats on another record week!

Damaris, nice workouts!

Lisa, sounds like a fun weekend!  Trails in Motion sounds cool!  Resting up sounds like a great idea.

Sue, DD is looking good!

Ginny, very nice of you to throw the baby shower!  Nice 7!

Margaret, I always change the clocks the night before, so I can fool the kids into going to bed at their normal time.    Wow, nice race!   Ouch on the fall, hope you are feeling OK today!

Hi Carol!  Nice long run!

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

I am glad I did not admonish Liz about inching down towards MP this morning. It is so nice out today (low 50s and sunny when I ran, mid-60s now) and I was just running a tiny bit above easy because it felt good, and then I looked down at my Garmin a couple miles in and saw 8:50. Oops, that's inching down towards MP. I eased up, but found myself back there a couple more times during my 6 miles. It felt so much better than yesterday, I guess it's just a good reminder to take weather conditions into account when dealing with pace. I wish my 10K coming up would be in this weather, but it's supposed to warm back up and be yucky like yesterday.

Diane, a "normal" taper would be about 80% of your weekly max, then 50%. So your plan sounds pretty good. 80% of your 38 mile week would be about 30, and then 19 the next week. Since it's a long race, I'd err on the side of more rest, so I think your 5, 5, rest, rest would be about perfect. Better to do less during taper than too much.

Sandy, busy girl! You almost need a weekend to recover from your weekend!

Cathy, your Saturday sounded interesting. Race timing would be okay until somebody's time didn't register (I've been that person and I tried to be nice about it, but I don't know if I pulled it off).

Okay, enough procrastinating. This stupid strength training isn't going to do itself, and I need to get it done before our lawn guy comes to fix our sprinkler system and maybe give us a price to do some other stuff.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What a crazy day. CRAZY. I almost got fired for not forging documents again for this audit that has been going on for months. They found someone else to do it. Unreal!!!!!

Off to the gym soon. HCBF doesnt seem to be having a very good day either...its Monday!

Susan – I like that idea – Grandmothers shower that is a cocktail party!!

Diane – VERY TRUE about the sun being in your eyes. Plus its nice to have it light when you get home – sucks walking the dog in the dark. CONGRATS on your longest week ever!! Awesome job!!! Weather is looking good so far. Your plan for taper sounds smart – I was going to say what Karen said. Because she told me that not to long ago Smile

Judy – Active weekend for you!! Like always Smile

Karen – LOL, you are right. At least this isn’t race week. Okay, I don’t feel bad about inching down towards MP pace this morning Smile Bummer that your 10K is going to be in humid weather! Is some of the running group running the 10K, too? Good luck on the strength training. I have to do that this afternoon, too.

Sandy – Enjoy your rest day! Grocery and cooking? Oh boy. That is too much for a Sunday Smile My co-worker is taking off Friday so he can watch March Madness 24/7. You have eaten lunch at 10:30?! LOL. That is funny. Why don’t you bring some pre-lunch snacks?! I always bring some or else I would be doing the same thing! Smile Long run this week is probably going to be 12. I am trying to reverse what I did during taper the last 2 weeks. We will see how that goes. Man, I want to have a relaxing weekend next weekend! I won’t even have a weekend…work Saturday..and then we are going to HCBF’s sisters on Sunday – 2 hours away!! I hate traveling that far away on a SUNDAY!! Ugh. I am just complaining now. I better stop Smile Hope you had a good day!

Cathy – National Nap Day?! I had no idea! Oh man, I bet handling the timing for a race would be stressful! I can’t believe you didn’t have cake on your birthday. That is unacceptable. Do you celebrate St Patricks?! I was never big into that holiday.

Have a good evening all!

Docket_Rocket

I am glad I did not admonish Liz about inching down towards MP this morning. It is so nice out today (low 50s and sunny when I ran, mid-60s now) and I was just running a tiny bit above easy because it felt good, and then I looked down at my Garmin a couple miles in and saw 8:50. Oops, that's inching down towards MP. I eased up, but found myself back there a couple more times during my 6 miles. It felt so much better than yesterday, I guess it's just a good reminder to take weather conditions into account when dealing with pace. I wish my 10K coming up would be in this weather, but it's supposed to warm back up and be yucky like yesterday.

I am using this excuse from now on! 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

What a crazy day. CRAZY. I almost got fired for not forging documents again for this audit that has been going on for months. They found someone else to do it. Unreal!!!!!

They can't fire you because you would turn tattler and tell the authorities about the forging of documents.  Write the date down and what happened for future use.

Damaris

Fundraising Page