Womens Running

Wet Wednesday Supermoms (Read 11 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp in a few, then will head out for 5ish miles. Felt really good on my run yesterday. Just taking it one day at a time now.

TR: decided not to nap yesterday, but was mostly good. He was so tired at bedtime, yet still messed around until almost 9pm! Crazy kid. There was a boy a few months older than him at the park yesterday, and they played together for over an hr. I need to finalize a preschool for him for the fall.

NRR: tired. Woke up a million times to pee last night.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - SRD, for reals.  My last SRD I rode my bike.  Today it is raining so I won't be tempted to do anything.

KR - saw the little wine kiosk attached to the grocery store and said, "this is the bottle store!"

FR - grape nuun is pretty tasty.  Dill potato salad, baked chicken thighs for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~

rg - I keep forgetting to ask, how is Ginger doing?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 6k easy, legs felt fairly good last night, except going up the big hill out of the river valley, then they remembered that they ran a marathon last week.  Got two new running books in the mail yesterday, Hansons and Pfitz, but we also might do another Mcmillan cycle, have to figure it out!

KR/TR - didn't really see either of them yesterday.  M is going to MIL's tonight for a sleepover.  Oh and I found out yesterday that M's preschool is offering all day preschool next year, I'm checking into it for sure!

FR - leftovers, smokies, hotdogs, whatever we can eat up from the fridge.

RG - M often messes around at bedtime, I'm always thinking I'm going to be asleep before her.

zorbs - enjoy the SRD!  I like grape nuun too, cherry is my favorite.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - how do kids with working parents manage without full day preschool? B is the only kid in his class who is there half days. Cherry nuun - do you mean cherry limeade? I have to admit I don't taste much limeade in it and that is my favourite flavour but I can't always deal with more caffeine post run.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I think parents either juggle work schedules, have grandparents help, or have dayhomes that live close and will do pickup/drop off.  Even all day will be hard for us in some ways because I suspect her day will end at 3:15 or something, and my day doesn't end until after 4:00.  Yes cherry limeade.  I don't even notice that amount of caffeine.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3 windy miles with the stroller and Heidi and Joleen.

TR: Was mean at daycare yesterday (headbutted 2 kids and smooshed another kid's face) so he got grounded from TV and was made to clean his room. So many tears. Early bedtime of 7:30pm. I might try to put him down earlier on a regular basis since he was asleep by 8.

FR: Chicken curry (Chicken, cauliflower, carrots and garlic scapes) and saffron rice last night. DH is taking the night off because they are doing something special at FD training tonight, so it needs to be DH friendly- maybe Bison chili?

NRR: Bookclub tonight, my mom is going to come over and watch R. She lives only 30 min away but hasn't seen R in 2 mos. Whereas R's godmother shows up at my house randomly about once a week on top of normal visits because she misses R so much; this is why I get annoyed with my family.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- When R doesn't nap, I pay for it for days. People give me crap about being inflexible and scheduling my day around naptime but if R doesn't take a good nap he doesn't sleep well at night, wakes early, and has a shit attitude.

zorbs- I drank the white grape Nuun when I had norovirus in October because it was the least offensive to my stomach. Is Ontario the same as BC where all alcohol is purchased via the liquor store? We just passed a law here allowing liquor sales in retail stores so all the grocery stores and drugstores sell it, which is convenient. There are a few private liquor stores still that carry the more specialty stuff.

CA- here's a good synopsis of hansons vs pfitz from another forum http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/ab5076f2b6f14efeb5a96aa3599a4bd6/0  I have adopted the attitude of not caring what R does at bedtime as long as the lights are off and he stays in bed and is fairly quiet.

CA/zorbs- the only way R will do preschool is if I can find another daycare mom to share the transportation burden with or if I go to PT work for a couple years if we have another kid eventually, otherwise I just don't see how its feasible without reducing my work schedule from 40 hrs/week to 35ish.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - 99% of the liquor is sold at the liquor and/or beer store.  Nothing in drugstores or gas stations.  Some grocery stores have the kiosks that sell a bit of wine.  I guess the white grape nuun is what I bought (lavender tube) it threw me off when it dissolved into the light green colour.  I don't know how you make R clean his room.  It would never happen in a million years with B, although I'm sure he cleans up at school, or else we'd hear about it for sure.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs- It involves a major clashing of wills. I usually have to shut him in his room and let him cry for a good 15 minutes before I can get him to stop farting around and put stuff away. I usually have to direct it like "Pick up all the toys over there and put them in this blue bin"  I don't make him clean by himself very often- we make a game of it when he's not in trouble, but when its a punishment I just sit in there and make sure it gets done.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

sometimes if we pick up the cars and put them in a bin, B will screech NOOOOOOOOOOOO and dump out that bin, even if he hasn't been playing with that particular toy.  So making him clean would be beyond futile.

runnergirl9508

zorbs- Ginger is back to normal, thanks! Her stitches came out on 5/31, and she's finally back to playing and running around. She was mopey and grumpy for a while.

CA- I've definitely had a few nights where I've been asleep before R! Your skirt/dress pics have been great!

spike- yup, we've always stuck to our bedtime/nap time schedule even when traveling b/c it SUCKS having an over-tired kid and not being home. DH's oldest sister will let her 3 kids (6,4, 3) stay up as late as they want to when they spend the night as MILs. And theyre tired and whiny little brats the next day. Though I don't know why they stay- they only live 20 min away. I'd be getting my kid home to sleep in his own bed!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - it's been a while since M's had to clean her playroom, it's getting really messy, that should be on our todo this weekend for sure!  Oh yeah we just let her do what she likes as long as she's in her room, there's often even crashing around, but whatever, she settles down eventually.  That's annoying with your mom!  My parents moved 700 km's so that they could see their grand kids, and do so on a regular basis.