Womens Running

Bad Mood MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

BLAH.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

You can say that again.

Fucking Mondays.  5 and OTF for me tonight.  My BP had three normal readings last night, so I am almost sure it was the prednisone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I'm a little off this morning too. A nice trail run will help. I'd better get out there.

Friday I found my running buddy so we did a good 45 min run together. I had ice and it was a good thing because it was getting hot.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday was an extra SDO Sunday Buddy and I are on vacations yesterday and next Sunday.

Today I’m off to the trail soon.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

11.2 for me. I did 10x 1min/1min recover.

What a fucking morning. I got out there to run, got a good 4.1 miles in and then thunderstorm starts rolling through. I book it home and get on the treadmill. Ruger comes in and starts whining so I figure he has to go to the bathroom. I stop the treadmill at 3 miles and take him out. Nope, he wants to eat..not time for breakfast yet! I go back to the treadmill but this time I lock him out Smile I finish 4.1. So, 11.2 total. Geez. Some of you ladies and your treadmill runs..I don't know how you do it. I mean, it wasn't all that bad..but ugh mental endurance for sure. I sweat more on the treadmill, too. After the run I felt AWFUL. Stomach was a mess and spent a good 45 minutes moaning and groaning curled up in a ball. Maybe eggs + treadmill run. Who knows. BUT ITS DONE.

No abs class today. They cancelled class because they are doing a new release of "fight". I am going to skip that..NO MORE CARDIO for me today!

The weather is awful here. Humid and rainy. We are in for it the next 4-5 days. I am hoping today was my only treadmill run..but it probably won't be. Ruger hates the rain but he was being a little SHIT this morning and whining by the door before I left. So, FINE. I took him to daycare.

On a positive note - yesterday was a lot of fun. Got me excited about wedding planning! There was SO MUCH FOOD. Mostly cake. Smile We went to lunch afterwords. It was a fun girls day and we found some good vendor options for DJ and caterer! Saw some nice dresses too Smile

Diane – Oh man, I WISH I COULD HAVE RESPONDED WITH THAT. That is perfect. Thatis something I would SAY..not write. Haha. He is extremelly passive aggressive. Nice miles this weekend! Damn you were a busy bee in the kitchen. I love banana bread yum.

Susan – You make such a beautiful bride!! You look so happy! Congratulations!!!

Docket – Oh no on the BP. So since you had 3 normal readings, that means no meds right!? Have a good day and good workout today!

Run4kupcakes – Nice 10 yesterday!!! We are getting awful rain again today. Ugh. So I attributed the leg thing to cramping. But I have also had pain in my left butt cheek that sometimes radiates down. The leg thing happened to me again yesterday. Not sure what is going on.

Tessa-  Nice miles this weekend! Sounds like you are having fun with DD. How long are you staying?? I am sure she is loving home cooked meals from mom Smile

Margaret – Girl. CONGRATULATIONS! You are an inspiration! To say you feel pretty good after a 50 mile race..is impressive! LOL. I am sure the race was more beautiful than the pictures. How awesome. I hope you are still gloating  Smile AND EATING.

Okay, I will take my grumpy pants else where. I also have to deal with DUMB DUMB MAMMEL today..so that makes me even more grumpy.  In fact, he is standing outside my door (its partially closed) right now listening to my phone conversations.

Hope everyone else has a better day!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Bad mood here, too.  Doesn't help that we're on Day 3 of rain and gloom, ugh.

3 miles, it was lightly raining but with the humidity so high it wasn't bad.

Back at work...

Lizzie - Sorry your morning started out so frustrating, but I am in awe of your TM run, great job!!  UGH to MAMMEL being back in the office.  Hopefully the day won't be too bad.

Damaris - I agree with your Monday sentiment!

Judy - happy trail run!

ginnyb

Sheesh, I am in a bad mood too!  I was just saying to myself, why are you in such a bad mood?, I have no answer for myself except we are also on our 3rd day of rain and July is almost over and I am already dreading cooler temperatures.  My eldest son is having problems again with ex-wife and custody and crap and I am tired of worrying about children...it is exhausting and I try to push thoughts out of my head, but it's hard and I just want to find a mountain top to live and turn off the world!  How is that for cheerful?

Karen....how are you holding up in your heat?  The Cleveland Indians played ball down there this weekend and it looked brutal, 117 degrees on the field!  I don't want that kind of heat.  Thank goodness you have your TM now!  For your sake and Damaris' it is a good thing summer will be in the rear view soon, for my sake, not so much.  When is that race again in December that a few of us may be running?  I mentioned it to DH yesterday and it's fine with him if I come down.  Not that I need to ask permission, just throwing it out there.

Kat....looking forward to meeting you at Woodstock.  I still need to register, but I will.  How are you bearing the heat?

Liz....sorry about the bad mood, we will snap out of it.

Damaris...my sentiments about Mondays exactly!

I did run 5 miles yesterday and felt really good.  I ran early before it rained and it really was a beautiful running morning.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Liz, if you are sweating more on the TM, you do not have a fan.  You need a big fan.  Also, when it's 93F at 6am and 78 dewpoint.  Anything but outside is bearable.  LOL.  Good job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Joining the crappy mood club.

Talked to boss today. Said that very often stuff is too much and I have to work lots extra. She said it's not her goal to make me work overtime and that in those moments I just should prioritize and leave less important stuff to later. Like, uhhhm, no s---. I think what she doesn't realize is what will happen if I do so (leave lesser stuff to later) w/o working overtime. The s--- will hit the fan in 2-3 days time. I kept my mouth shut, of course, and will further on simply implement this tactics and let her see it. Simply tired of it.

Good news, tho, is that I ran 11.2mi on the beach yesterday. The wind was crazy, so I split it in 4.5km tailwind/9km headwind/4.5km tailwind - you know, to avoid running last miles in headwind. Smile It was ok, but my hip/groin acted up, just one side. I hope it was just not being used to LR in sand.

Back to work.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

I realized that I didn't see all the other responses when I responded to Liz.  Lack of cafe!

Judy, hope you enjoy your trail run.

Laura, nice 3.

Ginny, nice 5.  Ugh at all that stress.

Elina, I would just leave those things undone and let her figure it out.  Better for your stress levels and then she might accommodate your request.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

So it was pretty easy to guess which goals were mine in the group then? I admit a couple people came in and were reading the goals before they wrote them and asked if the remembering names one was mine. And then someone said “run 100 miles? Not at once though….” And I was standing right there and said “well, actually..” It was a really fun morning, and I’ve gotten three more registrations from the ones that were there on the fence about joining. Now if I could just get the two runners from last year and the friend that came with them to actually sign up! One is definitely doing it, the other two are apparently being talked into it.

I ran 14 yesterday morning and it wasn’t completely miserable. That’s my long run right now. Going for longer each week over the next month. Okay, over the next few months. And after all that extroverting last week and weekend, when DH told me he was going to the office today, I decided to take advantage of some alone time and take a rest day. I may yet go to OTF (which I haven’t canceled yet), but that would be it.

I am not in a bad mood! You all need to retire – Monday mornings are nice and restful after a weekend of dealing with people!

Some from yesterday, some from today, some I probably forgot…

Liz, DH gets that where his legs lock up and he can’t move. Usually something cramps. He fixes it by yelling, and then I bring him Gatorade and endurolytes. Glad you had fun at the wedding show thing. Nice job this morning, I’d have had a hard time running more after the storm started. Agree with D, get yourself a big ass fan for the treadmill.

Sandy, great job with the 12. I’ve been doing that with longer runs so I don’t have to carry stuff. It’s mentally tough to go back out there sometimes when you do loops, but I figure my 100 is 6 (I think, I should check that) loops, so I could use the mental practice.

Cathy, when you were making jambalaya Saturday I was making red beans and rice. I guess it was a Cajun kind of day!

HCK and Lizzie, sounds like your weekend rain is continuing and it’s going to be a rainy week – hope you can squeeze some runs in between storms.

Tessa, sounds like DD is adjusting well! Good that you’re getting some nice running and hiking in. And cooking, of course.

Kat, frustrating day at work. I think our Maryland vet was kind of high end, do all the tests, spend all the money, because our vet here is a bargain in comparison. Of course Riley hasn’t had any of Jake’s various maladies yet. And we got pet insurance this time so once he gets to that age it won’t be such a shock to the bank account.

Damaris, great RR, as always! I would like to go to OTF since they’ve got that 12 minute distance run today, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to overcome this laziness I’ve got going. I just realized after reading about your BP and prednisone that DH is on a round of prednisone for the pain he had in his ribcage. I wonder if that’s messing with him more than going on BP meds. I hope so, as he’ll be done with that in a couple days.

Susan, what a beautiful bride! And Kevin cleans up pretty nice too. Congratulations to you both!! I saw on fb that your DGD got baptized on Sunday – what a big week for your family. And what a great idea to take advantage of the family all being in town for the wedding to have the baptism that weekend as well.

Margaret, huge congrats to you!!! A 50 is hard enough on its own, but add in that elevation. And then hot. You are awesome.

Ginny, Brazos Bend is December 8. It would be so much fun if you came down for it. If you do decide to do it, either follow them on fb or sign up for their emails (it’s Trail Racing Over Texas) because they do a lot of discounts. I think this one sold out maybe a month ahead of the race, so still plenty of time to decide. The heat is pretty miserable right now – for me it’s not so much the high temps during the day, it’s that the overnight lows are only getting down to 78-80. The pool water feels like a bath right now. It never really cools down so even when you get up early, if you make the mistake of looking at the weather, it kinda crushes your soul and makes it hard to get out the door. But I’ll take it for the winter – November is now my happy time!

Elina, you’ve been having some great runs lately, and I’m impressed with how you’re able to fit them in between crazy work, life with K, life in general. Well, if your boss just wants you “prioritize,” okay. She’ll see soon enough what the fallout is.

I'm going to have to have another cup of coffee, so off I go.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, Karen. I have had a bunch of side stitches while on prednisone before, so it sounds like he might have something similar. I remember running a bunch of marathons with side stitches for 7-8 miles, fucking ouch!

Glad your group is fun!  Don't be lazy and GO TO OTF.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Am I the only one not in a bad mood? Of course I'm drinking coffee and eating mini chocolate cookies.

Busy weekend for me.  Ended my week with 30 miles so I'm back up to about where I was before vacation.  I wish we had rain...it's so dry here but at least today's high will only be 88.  The 100 degree days are hard on the horses even though they have fresh water and shade it's still bloody hot.

Lizzie the TM certainly will build mental toughness but it helps to listen to music, podcasts, audio books or watch a show.  You could do intervals or hills on it.  I have a book that has a bunch of TM workouts.  I just finished listening to a book called A Tangled Mercy by Joy Jordan-Lake about Charleston, SC and the Low Country.  Right now I'm listening to The Handmaids Tale.

Karen the 50 is 3 loops so yes you have 6   I'm doing a 12 hour in Nov that has a 2.1 mile loop.  I'd rather do the BB loops of 16 miles than an out and back twice or more.  My favorite is a point to point followed by a big 25 mile loop like at the Hawk and Pumpkin Holler.

Margaret, great RR. I'm going to follow your example for my 50.

Damaris I've had to take prednisone a few time and hate it.  It causes weight gain even if you are working out.

Elina, can you make a list and prioritize it and go over that with your boss?  Or will that cause too much micromanaging?  Nice beach run, those are hard.

Ginny you never stop caring about your kids no matter their age.  Now I worry about GD as well.  Sorry your son is dealing with a bitch of an ex.  It would be great if you could come to Brazos.

Had a dentist appt. this morning so I came in late so I better get to it.  Have a better day.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, TM's can be tough from my recollection.  Glad I don't do them anymore.  Good job on persevering through it.  Glad yesterday was fun, loved your peacock!

Damaris, are you tapered off the pred now?  Glad your BP is back to normal.  Good luck on the miles and OTF tonight.  This might seem strange, but I just got a pair of Tieks.  So of course it pops up on my FB feed now that I googled them and your name "likes" them.  What cute little shoes!  I take it you have one/some.  I want more now.

Laura, sometimes a little rain can really be a help.

Ginny, if you read this today, it is the last day for cheaper registration at Woodstock.  It is $69 for the half, goes up to $79 tomorrow.  Brazos Bend does sell out, but just as Karen said, it is only about a month ahead of time.  I will keep an eye out for discounts.  Come celebrate my 50th!!

Elina, great run on the beach!!

Karen, there is great variance in clinics as you/most know.  Some really push lots of testing when sometimes it isn't really 100% necessary.  It is good medicine, but sometimes overkill on healthy young pets- $$$.

I hope I didn't offend anyone (Diane and I chatted privately) with my Cheap Ass comment.  It was a day of people not wanting to spend money on the "animal" rather than them being pets.  There is a difference in not wanting to -vs- not being able to but wanting to if things were different.  We quite literally have heard people say it is just an animal and we wouldn't do anything for it anyways if it got sick.  Seriously I have heard this more than once.  WHY GET THE DOG???  It makes us sad/mad.  Poor critter.  I can be really difficult to see people be so callus.

Sorry so many of you are on the Monday grumpy bus.  I hope your days are short and finish up better than they started.

Day off today here and I have no plans.  Gonna be an inside day as it is supposed to get to 105*.  Ugh.

On a positive note, my Mom and I have been talking/emailing each other much more after her visit and us planning our trips.  It is nice.  She is lonely even though she is married.  I have been enjoying the bonding.  We have generally had a mother-daughter somewhat sterile relationship growing up, rather than girly friendship some have.  We will never be besties, but it is nice to closer.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cross posted with you Diane.  I am with you on liking point to points and big loops.  Makes it harder to drop out when you are out in the middle of nowhere with no option other than moving forward!!!  88*, jealous.  It is already 86* here at 10:30am.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Lizzie, TM's can be tough from my recollection.  Glad I don't do them anymore.  Good job on persevering through it.  Glad yesterday was fun, loved your peacock!

Damaris, are you tapered off the pred now?  Glad your BP is back to normal.  Good luck on the miles and OTF tonight.  This might seem strange, but I just got a pair of Tieks.  So of course it pops up on my FB feed now that I googled them and your name "likes" them.  What cute little shoes!  I take it you have one/some.  I want more now.

Laura, sometimes a little rain can really be a help.

Ginny, if you read this today, it is the last day for cheaper registration at Woodstock.  It is $69 for the half, goes up to $79 tomorrow.  Brazos Bend does sell out, but just as Karen said, it is only about a month ahead of time.  I will keep an eye out for discounts.  Come celebrate my 50th!!

Elina, great run on the beach!!

Karen, there is great variance in clinics as you/most know.  Some really push lots of testing when sometimes it isn't really 100% necessary.  It is good medicine, but sometimes overkill on healthy young pets- $$$.

I hope I didn't offend anyone (Diane and I chatted privately) with my Cheap Ass comment.  It was a day of people not wanting to spend money on the "animal" rather than them being pets.  There is a difference in not wanting to -vs- not being able to but wanting to if things were different.  We quite literally have heard people say it is just an animal and we wouldn't do anything for it anyways if it got sick.  Seriously I have heard this more than once.  WHY GET THE DOG???  It makes us sad/mad.  Poor critter.  I can be really difficult to see people be so callus.

Sorry so many of you are on the Monday grumpy bus.  I hope your days are short and finish up better than they started.

Day off today here and I have no plans.  Gonna be an inside day as it is supposed to get to 105*.  Ugh.

On a positive note, my Mom and I have been talking/emailing each other much more after her visit and us planning our trips.  It is nice.  She is lonely even though she is married.  I have been enjoying the bonding.  We have generally had a mother-daughter somewhat sterile relationship growing up, rather than girly friendship some have.  We will never be besties, but it is nice to closer.

K

I have 4!  And they have lasted me like 8 years and still going strong.  They are expensive but super awesome!  Enjoy!

Building collapse in Miami.  Sigh.  While they were demolishing, so there is that.  Looks like they did it wrong or the building collapsed ahead of time and there are two injured.  Pieces of the building on the street.  Miles from here at Miami beach, so I won't deal with the traffic.

Damaris

Fundraising Page