Womens Running

Cooler Thursday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Cooler is coming to our area. The seasons seem so mixed up this year.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Batgirl, oooo! a good tortilla soup recipe! I'll have to try it.

Wednesday was the day I had good energy for my 35 minute run. That flu shot threw me for a loop the other two days. Dinner was nice, baked tilapia, mixed vegetables and broccoli. Yum! There is only one restaurant close by that has broth based Chicken Tortilla soup. This place had a more creamy soup so I went with the fish.

Today I plan a track run. Coach is supposed to meet me for some intervals. Hopefully he will appear.

DS sent me all of our family pictures he had on a flash drive. I was so pleased to get them. My favorite picture of DH was in the group.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Judy- so nice to get pictures with warm memories attached to them!

Skipping my run today as I didn't sleep well and I know with this job fair I'll be on my feet and talking all day.

Am going to walk up to Grand Central to pick up bagels for Kaite from Zaro's, birthday tea for my run buddy and some black & whites for... Well...me.

Fingers crossed, travel back this evening to Detroit.

Have a good day!

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa no I wasn't posting then. I've been on for almost 5 years. Pups are 7 today.  Hope no delays today

so dH got me up early since he was rooting around. When I asked what he was looking for he couldn't find his name pin. He had all the others. They have bunches of pins for their uniforms and he always puts them all together when he disassembles his uniform the night before. He is not a quiet person! So I got up, and asked if he had looked in his pocket from yesterday. I was deemed a genius. There it was. Not his most unusual. Years ago we couldn't find his keys. After hours we found them. He had put them in the wok and put the wok away. Everyone puts keys in the wok, right? I've learned to think outside the box on where he could have put things.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  Ran 5 with Jeffrey.  SO HUMID!!!  And warm!  What happened to our touch of fall?  And I just finished knitting another pair of socks.  Too bad it is too hot to wear long pants and shoes right now.

Marjorie---we found DS2's truck keys in the silverware drawer the other week.  lol

Karen--I hope Jake does ok with his surgery today.

Y'all have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I was MIA yesterday but we had a deadline to provide thousands of documents pursuant to a document request and it took forever.  Sigh.  Did my 7 last night in super hot and humid weather.  Today, I was too exhausted to wake up early to run so Pilates followed by 10 with 6 at MP tonight, after working from home.

Just got back from the vet with Sammy.  She had been pooping some blood on and off so I wanted to make sure it was nothing major.  Just monitor her to see if it gets worse, so yay.

My abdominal area feels weird but it does not hurt, so not sure what is what.

Judy, what is this cooler you speak of?  No comprendo.  Nice that your son sent you the pictures.

Lisa, that's weird, to have a wind shutdown.

Marjorie, no man is quiet when one is asleep.  Sigh.

Sue, nice 5 in humid conditions.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Lisa....bagels, cheesecake???  I want some too.

Judy...yep, we are supposed to really cool down this weekend.

Karen...hope Jakes surgery goes well...poor guy.

Marjorie...Men cannot be quiet when searching for something and neither can they find anything!

Damaris...sorry you are still plagued with the hot and humid weather.

Hi Sue.  I have knit 4 pairs of socks, haven't in a long time though, I need to do that.

I did run 3 miles this morning in the dark.  My first run in the dark since I broke the wrist, I went really slow and had to look at the ground constantly....still leery.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, I think it's natural to be wary after a fall. I still go carefully in the bit where I went down -- my nose now has a bump on one side that I don't think is going to go away. But you got the 3 in anyway!

Lisa, bagels, cheesecake, black and whites? Yum. Safe travels! And yes your coworkers should know that you have a different idea of what is walkable than sedentary people do.

Damaris, hope kitty is OK.

Karen, fingers crossed that Jake gets through the surgery with no complications.

Marjorie, graying pups...time to start colouring them as well? *grin* Sigh on DH. People put things in the weirdest places and then get annoyed when they can't find them!

Susan, knitted socks sound cozy...for the approximately 10 weeks of the year you can wear them.

Judy, good luck finding a good recipe.

5.4 this morning, I woke up a little early (thank you Fernanda) and decided to go for longer since I have a lunch meeting. It is supposed to be hot and windy through Sunday. Oh joy. Not.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 10.2. Need to give the pups their peanut butter bones.

Sue  sounds like something dh would do with his keys.

Ginny, nope he cannot ever seem to find anything. I think he believes if he makes noise I will find it for him. Guess it works

Tessa no coloring for them. They like being distinguished.

Marjorie

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Hello all. Got busy yesterday and didn't get around to posting. Yesterday it was some core work and leg strength. This morning my dog and I ran 4 miles in 39F. Brrr, it felt like fall this morning.  After we ran, I caught my toe next to the pinky on a bag of chicken feed. Ouch. I don't think its anything to be concerned about, but its sore.  You'd think I'd have learned to watch where I'm going.

Judy - nice running, especially when you don't feel 100%. I'm sure the pictures were a nice treat.

Lisa - sounds like a fun trip to NYC, in spite of having to work

Marjorie - what is it about guys not being able to find things? Way to go on 10 miles

Sue - nice job on the run. You can send the socks to me.

Docket - good job on the humid run. I hope Sammy is ok.

Ginny -way to go on 3 in the dark. I know what you mean about being leery, I still am leery about places where I've fallen too.

Karen - best wishes for Jake

Arimathea - nice 5.4

Anonymous Guest

Thanks all. They called and said the surgery went well. They are keeping him overnight to be on the safe side and we'll be able to pick him up tomorrow morning. He's supposed to be calm and low activity for 2 weeks. Those of you that have met this dog probably have an idea of how that is going to go - even though he's slowed down considerably in the last year or so, keeping him calm is going to be a challenge. Well, for the 2 hours a day he's not sleeping, that is.

And now, when I'd normally be getting on the train for the trip home, I'm going running! I think I will very much like this working from home thing when we move. An extra 2 hours per day for me! Yes, I did spend the extra hour this morning sleeping.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Thanks all. They called and said the surgery went well. They are keeping him overnight to be on the safe side and we'll be able to pick him up tomorrow morning. He's supposed to be calm and low activity for 2 weeks. Those of you that have met this dog probably have an idea of how that is going to go - even though he's slowed down considerably in the last year or so, keeping him calm is going to be a challenge. Well, for the 2 hours a day he's not sleeping, that is.

And now, when I'd normally be getting on the train for the trip home, I'm going running! I think I will very much like this working from home thing when we move. An extra 2 hours per day for me! Yes, I did spend the extra hour this morning sleeping.

Awww, hope everything went well.

Thanks, ladies.  For now, the vet thinks it's not a real problem so all we need to do is monitor her and if she keeps pooping with blood, they will have to do a colonoscopy.  Poor girl.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page