Womens Running

Moody Monday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Not really but all I could come up with so I guess maybe I am.

A bit more snow last night and considered a yaktrax run in the pretty fresh snow but it will be there tomorrow.  I had decided to minimize pavement runs in January and concentrate on cross-training.  Getting into routine of the hill workouts using gym equipment.

Gatsby-thanks for the thoughts!  congrats on the race!

Judy-hope you had a good weekend...can't remember if you are gone all week too.

Cindy-congrats on the exercise streak!.  I'm not very connected at all to banking industry other than BIL with houses in San Fran and Sonoma who is retired.  He was such a mucky muck that I can't imagine "smaller institution" would have been on radar.   I'm happy to do an intro though if you like.  And it was pretty neat to share same trail with sled dogs! I wasn't fast enough to get camera out or I would have taken a pic.

Carol-since i run counter bike traffic I can easily give them a recommendation compared to bikers with more standard mtb tires.  They were having a rough time of it. Fat tire folks still had to walk up some hills but did much less of that. one guy I told him he needed fatter tires to go up better and he said he needed less fat tire around middle to go up better.  LOL

For those who are wondering... fat tires on mountain bikes. some I think are bigger than this but you get the "drift"

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Nice title...Week-end sure went fast.  Yep, those are some fat tires!  Bikers comment was funny.

After LR with RB's in AM, DD#1 and I went out shopping for DD#2's baby shower, she couldn't go as she was off to a baby shower.  Much easier that way LOL.  We are doing a Children's book theme shower....should be fun.

Stability ball today Smile

Carol

ginnyb

Goodmorning,

Carol....as a book lover, I love the book themed baby shower!!!  I get so tired of hearing parents say "you don't need a book, go get a movie"  at the library!  Drives me crazy.

Cindy...Congratulations on 500 days of exercise!  That takes discipline, more than I have!

Did my WT this morning.

Schools closed here today.  I don't think we got that much snow, but they seem to close schools much easier these days.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Morning! Freezing rain here. Government is on a two-hour delay, but it was already above freezing where I live, so I came on in. About half the office is here (we follow the government for closings since we're such a small office - easier than someone having to make a decision for people coming from either side of the beltway). I just made a doctor appointment for tomorrow morning. I'm still coughing and feeling awful. This has been going on since Jan. 1, and I'm afraid my cold/flu may be turning into bronchitis or something else. Haven't run in over a week. Haven't eaten much either - if nothing else, it's kick starting my weight loss!

So everyone at work knows now that I'm moving. It is such a relief. And people keep asking why old boss made me keep it a secret, and when I think about it, I don't know why. I just trusted that she knew what was best politically. Coworkers are a little upset with old boss that she felt they couldn't be trusted with it, and I don't blame them. I told them how hard it was for me to keep my mouth shut, and I hope they don't resent me for not telling.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Howdy!  Had a good swim this morning.  My coach had us over to view a swim video last Friday.  I think it was a good review to get my head in the game.

Spin on Saturday and 10 miles yesterday.

Made 7 batches of kumquat marmalade over the weekend.  Still have 5 gallons of fruit.

DS2 returned to school Friday.  Classes begin today.  Deuce was SO excited to be going!!  He's taking physics, statistics, thermodynamics and some engineering course.  Yikes!!

Lisa--they use those fat tire bikes on the beaches here.

Cindy--I hope the job search for your husband goes well.

Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Busy at the office today.  Thanks for all the words.  It was a post surgery PR (but 9 minutes off my PR) and my fastest in two years.  Stoked!  And that's the day after running a HM.  Very happy.  RD today.

Lisa, those look cool.

Carol, hope you enjoyed the stability ball.  Sounds like a busy shopping weekend.

Ginny, nice weight training session.

Karen, feel better!

Sue, sounds delicious.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Monday rest day for me

Carol and Lisa I think weekends always go by fast.  So do weeks when one is on vacation etc.

Karen it may have been political to keep it secret until she knew who was replacing her and paving the way for you to telecommute etc.

Only a few more days until Karen and Tessa are here.

We've been telling the pups they must behave and they just look at us with knowing doggie looks of, "sure, um sure we will be great dogs while you have guests....."  Actually they are good guys so I don't expect them to misbehave.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, looking forward to it too!

Karen, hope you feel better. Glad the secret is a secret no more.

Cindy, is your email still your firstname lastname and a number at an outfit that used to be well known for its indiscriminate distribution of login disks?

Lisa, those are not fat tires. Those are obese tires! Glad they make for good yaktrak running, though.

Ginny, what colours are you considering for the bathroom?

Damaris, congratulations!

Carol, book shower sounds lovely. I tend to go with Boynton board books for babies. Can't go wrong with "Barnyard Dance" or "Blue Hat, Green Hat".

8 this morning, first 3.8 with RN, rest on my own. I had to drive 75 miles to a meeting this morning, then double back to work, then home.

Tessa-condolences on the driving today for you.

Marjorie-your dogs sound like my children.

Damaris-you should be stoked!  Awesome!

Sue-yummmm.. I can't even really imagine kumquat marmalade but .. yummmm

Karen-Don't worry about coworkers or imagine what they are thinking... primarily, don't feel guilty.

Carol-great baby shower idea although it still doesn't trump the fat ass run where we were to bring in a package of diapers for the baby.

Ginny-remember my line "the only hand held device a kid needs is one where they turn the pages"

Lisa