Womens Running

Sneak a zucchini WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I looked up the National Day for today...it is...

"National sneak some zucchini into your neighbors porch day"

Very interesting...

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

11.3 speed work miles for me. I did 5x .50/.30 rest. I was supposed to do 10x...

What an awwwffuulllll run! I cursed running around mile 4. I said I would never run a race or train for one ever again. Ugh. I was supposed to do 10 intervals..I did the first two and then just said fuck it. Then towards the end I made myself do the last 3. It was so freakin hot and I was under fueled. I used the tasting last night as my dinner. Woke up starving so had some peanut butter before I left. Obviously wasn't enough - the entire run just felt awful. The only thing that got me through was I just kept repeating to myself that this was going to be the hardest thing I do all day! I am also still so sore from abs class on Monday! We did those exercises where you sit on a mat and push your legs in and out in a seated position. Man. I can hardly stand up! I am a mess.

The tasting was good. This place will basically customize anything you want! For a really good price too. I am thinking we are going to book them! Woot Woot! Another thing off the list.

Kilmisters – I am sorry about how your dad reacted! I didn’t think missing one game would cause that much drama SadI like your idea about skipping the first couple weeks to focus on other things and then focusing on floorball. Its too hard to juggle multiple sports! Nice job killing that run though! WOOT WOOT!!

Hi Kathryn!! Smile

Karen – I clicked the link to the Airbnb, that is interesting. LOL.

Docket – I saw that about Marjorie’s pup. So sad Sad Good call on the rest day. Sorry about the meds increase!

Hi Margaret! Smile

Nice miles, Run4kupcakes!!

I hope I can get through this day! Right now I dont see that happening.

Have a good day everyone!

I was a bum. Short walk with Jake this morning + core. I guess I needed an easy day.

I was chuckling about the zucchini day. That used to be us, when we had a big garden. lol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

A friend of ours grew enormous zucchini but they were really good, not tough or anything.

Tuesday I was out the trail for a nice 35 minute run. No ospreys. They may have fledged and be out learning to fish.

Today I’m off to cook and neat stuff up. Run and additional XT this morning. Possible storms so I’ll be going out soon. Still a small drip on the tub ceiling.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Elina – ahhhh bummer for the new neighbor at work!  Awww sorry about the discussion with your dad but holy killer workout, chica!!

Karen – I laughed at the Capn Crunch coincidence!  Hey, it’s fortified with vitamins!  A great snack, I’d say.  I don’t buy it because I’d eat the whole darn box at once.  How did the baby runners do on the hot hills?  OMGOMGOMGOMG I’m in LOOOOOOOOOVE with the puppies!  It seriously makes me want to snuggle in their pile.  And I love to see the nerdy side come out with the map.  You are awesome!!

Lisa – hidey ho!  Nice drippy miles yesterday.  Great mileage lately!  That’s about my max training for a marathon as well.  Sometimes I hit 50 but that’s rare.

Sue – OMG I laughed at the kid’s name.  Dijon??  That is an interesting one.

Cathy – hooray for day off yesterday and tomorrow!  How sweet to spend time with DD.  Any residual effects from the seizure?  Man, I would be terrified.  Interesting about the Lydiard hills.  How long is the hill?  Mine yesterday was pretty short.  Took less than a min to get up it but I was pushing pace.  Well, for me.  8:30min mile.  Oh!  I put that next book on request at the library – I’m 10th in line.

Ginny – oh man peanut butter Cheerios sound right up my alley!  I’d just be afraid of eating the entire box in one sitting haha.  Of course I remember Sugar Pops!  Funny about them making you cough?  Awwww no cute guys ever stop me for directions.  Hurumph LOL.  You little hottie you.

Lizzie – man your abs class sounds fun!  And hard.  I don’t mind biceps either.  Plans for the lake place include drinking, talking, talking and more talking haha.  They do have a speed boat and a pontoon.  If the kids (12 and 14, I think) are there we’d probably take them skiing/wakeboarding otherwise for SURE we will take a cruise on the pontoon.  And soak up the sun.  Supposed to be great weather!  When does HCF get the Harley?  No need to sneak any zukes onto my porch – I’d GLADLY take them off anyone’s hands!  I love zucchini!  Awww, sweets, sorry for the crappy run.  I hate hate HATE that underfueled feeling!!  But look at you still pushing through!!  And REST DAY manana.  Glad the tasting went well.  Look at you getting shit DONE.  Hang in there, eat a third breakfast, drink lots of water and you’ll survive.  Let’s see, only 6 more hours to go??

Kat – soooo is Ricky Bobby’s father eligible??

Damaris – good for you for taking a rest day!  Sorry work is frustrating.  And ugh on the BP!  You need to catch a break.  Awww poor Quincy.  I feel bad for Marjorie and her DH.

HCK – WOW on all that rain!!

Rest day for me today and I’m happy about that.  Still so super sore from Monday!  But walked extra into work today (skipped the bus and went for coffee) and that has helped.  Watched The Bachelorette final last night after work (did not stay up for it on Monday) and had myself a little pity party.  Are there REALLY guys like that out there?  And why don’t they find me?  Womp womp.  Shaping up to be a pretty boring day here just hoping it goes fast.  At least it’s Wednesday!!

dhuffman63

Trails

If you did that around here you might get shot.  So many people have gardens and they all seem to have bumper crops of one thing or another.  I used to have a 500 sq foot garden and one year I had peppers, basil and melons that I was giving to the local senior home.

I feel so bad for Marjorie as that's the hardest decision a person has to make.  When it was Rivets time both DH and I cried but he was in pain and it wasn't fair.

Margaret I'm sorry you can't make BB but I understand not wanting to do flat loops when you have such spectacular trails out there.  If I can find one with a long cutoff I want to come out one year.  Would you be interested in Javelina?  It's loops though but in the desert.  Kat is interested and I've got it penciled in for Oct 2019.

Glad you found a good caterer Lizzie.  I won't lie and say I understand the whole wedding planner thing but if that's what makes you happy go for it. Sorry about the run.

Karen I clicked the link and sorry but no

R4K wow that's a lot of water.  We got some rain last night and we need more but not that much at one time.  I think for the year we are down 12 inches.  I've noticed some ponds are quite low but our big one is spring fed so has water still.

Elina, sorry your dad wasn't more understanding.  It's a game and not your profession so if you need to skip a game or two shouldn't be a big deal.

Nice run Judy, as always.

Damaris, I hope you get the meds sorted soon so you can get back to training like you want.

I did 4 on the TM...intervals...45 seconds fast, 12 seconds slow x 5.  My version of speed work.

Susan, a walk with the pup is better than not.  I'm sure he enjoyed it.  Any fox sightings?

ginnyb

Liz, I am with you on the awful run this morning.  I shouldn't say mine was a total bust, but I almost baled out after the first mile, everything hurt, I couldn't breathe, it was AWFUL, but I kept on and the other 2 miles weren't so bad.  Then, like a fool, I worked out with group at the gym, now I just feel worn out and it's only 9:50 in the A.M.  I just want to lay down.  Good on getting the caterer.

Karen, those puppies!  They just make me happy.  I didn't click on the link for Airbnb and now I'm not sure that I should. .

Sue, I wouldn't call you a bum!

Sandy, Believe me, the cute guy just wanted directions, not to talk to an old lady running.  I have to ration myself when it comes to the Cherrios, one small bowl an evening...well sometimes an afternoon bowl too!  Sounds like you are in for a fun weekend.

Diane, you certainly are ambitious with your ultra plans.  I just hope I am still able to run some in 2019.....I turn 70 and I just want to run some race or something in that age group at least once, certainly not 70 miles for 70 believe me!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Where am I supposed to sneak a zucchini in?  Court?

I have pilates and 8 with hill intervals.  Good luck to me!

Liz, nice run.

Susan, that is far from a bum.

Judy, good luck with the workouts.

Sandy, hope you enjoy the rest day.

Diane, hiya.

Ginny, morning.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

5 easy miles for me this morning, I was supposed to do closer to 7 but I cut the run short because my foot started hurting.  Sigh.  It was a bit sore last night, I was hoping it was nothing.  I probably should have rested today.  Oh well.  I'm supposed to do a fartlek tomorrow but I will rest.  My calf is also very sore, feels like there is a knot in it.  So I will work on that with rolling/massaging, hopefully that is the issue and there is actually nothing going on with the foot!  Younger DD is doing her first overnight at Girl Scout camp tonight.  It will be strange not having her around!  I have a 1:1 with my manager coming up, so some quick personals!

Lizzie, I saw that it was National Zucchini day, your version is much more interesting.    Well, not matter how awful your run is, you aren't injured!  Just think of it that way.     On the good side, I'm glad the tasting went well!   I don't really have anything planned with DD on Friday.  Her idea of fun is eating lunch at the mall.  If the weather is nice maybe we will go hang out at the beach!

Sandy, DD has had no other effects from the seizure.  So that is good!  We have her 24 hour EEG scheduled for next Thursday.  They come to our house to do it, she just has to leave a bunch of sensors taped to her head and body for 24 hours!  My hill isn't terribly long, maybe 200m.  It's the easiest one to get to!      There are some longer hills on the other side of the parkway, but I would need to go under the bridge and through the woods and I don't normally do that in the morning.  It's probably safe, but better safe than sorry!  The book I am reading now is "Then She was Gone" by Lisa Jewell.  If you want to look that one up.  

Diane, nice speedwork!  I agree with you about Marjorie.  One of the reasons I am leery about getting another pet!

Ginny, nope, nothing wrong with looking!  

Damaris, I wouldn't take a zucchini to court.    Thanks for the update on Marjorie.  I've been following on FB, I was happy that Quincy did so well for so long!

Karen, the pups are too adorable!

Kupcakes, wow on the flooding!

Elina, wow, sounds like your dad was really over-reacting.

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

There are probably some people that can do an evening hot and humid hill workout, then get up at 5 am the next morning and bang out a long run. I am not one of those people. We had a good group last night, more than I expected, and everyone was feeling pretty good about themselves when we were finished. Tired, but good. And then I made them take a group picture and they pointed out that perhaps before we got all sweaty and gross would be a better time for a picture. But they humored me. And I finally got a chance to wear my "On Tuesdays we run for tacos" shirt!

My alarm went off this morning and I gave that a big nope - let the dog out and fed him, then fell back asleep. Until 7:30. At which point it was already in the 80s with dew point in the high 70s. I ran 5 super easy and slow and even that was hard. Making my list for a Costco run this afternoon, so I'll get some upper body workout there lifting bulk items...

Elina, I'm sorry your dad was unreasonable about scheduling. On the plus side, that's one of the two hardest workouts in that plan and you killed it.

Margaret, having lived in northern CA and now living here, ummmm yeah, I wouldn't travel in for this race either if I were you. I mean, it's a fun race, but compared to what you've got in your own backyard, it's kinda boring and ugly. Then again I like flat and multiple loops so it's awesome for me.

Liz, glad the tasting went well and you can get catering crossed off the list. As for the rest, that made me tired just reading it. I think you need to sneak off for a nap.

Kathryn, Ricky Bobby is an awesome pet name. I have probably watched that movie a dozen times and it still makes me laugh. (Edited to add: I told DH this name, and now he wants to change Riley's name to Walker so we can name the puppy Texas Ranger.)

Sandy, aw man, your weekend sounds awesome. Low key and fun. Enjoy this rest day today.

Ginny, if you like the peanut butter Cheerios, try the Kroger store brand - I think it's just called multi-grain peanut butter cereal, or something boring like that. I think it's even better than the cheerios.

Damaris, I hope the med changes do the trick and your BP gets and stays normal.

Cathy, I think the calf could very well be causing the foot pain. Have fun with DD tomorrow!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, sorry your run was so awful.  At least the tasting was a success.  Mmmmmm, zucchini bread.  Miss making it.  Hmm.

Sue, easy days are my mantra...

Judy, whatcha going to cook?

Sandy, I couldn't get through the entire bachelorette finale. I rarely can for the finale.  Too hokey.  Do you watch Bachelor in Paradise?  Cheesy bad, worse than the bachelor/ette, but another guilty pleasure.  Ricky Bobby's dad, dunno if he is eligible.  Being that handsome, I would expect he is taken.  Even the young ones find him attractive.  Sigh, where is mine.  Wink

Diane, good on the TM miles.

Ginny, you are almost 70???  NO WAY.

Damaris, good luck to you indeed with the hill workout.

Cathy, take care of the foot.  I hope DD has fun at the camp.  Is this her first year?

Karen, I have never actually watched the movie.

Quick 2 mile walk today, wan't into it so getting out for a couple was better than sitting on my couch, perhaps like yesterday.  Sad  I got really warm really quickly today and it wasn't THAT hot out.

Work last night was chaotic.  We were slammed and our tablets that we use weren't working right so it slowed us down considerably and aggravated me to no end.  We shall see what tonight is like, it can be a busier store.  Then I have tomorrow off.  Boo, could use the moolah.

Can't think of anything else of interest.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

The AirBnB link isn't dangerous or anything. LOL It's to an actual rental but it's just so over the top!!! If you want a laugh then check it out. Moroccan themed house .. as if you were in a tent. Half of my family wanted me to book it, the other half were like "that's insane."

Gym this morning for elliptical and lower body/core weight machines.

Margaret-hugs.

Lizzie-I have zucchini every day on my salad. But I made sure that I honored it today. LOL Bummer on the run and how you're feeling. Learning experience I guess.

Sue-beach bum!

Judy-hope the workout was good!

Sandy-I don't run that many miles. That's my top end mileage for 100k, not marathon. LOL I don't have a tv so no bachelorette watching for me.

Diane-nice of you to donate to the senior home! speed work is speed work.

Elina-ugh on dad. Why is it that parents sometimes take longer to grow up than the kids? At least you know what NOT to do to your kids. LOL

Ginny-that picture always makes me laugh... I think that I look like a cross between a fisherman and a hunter in it. Well you got the crappy run out of the way this week!

Damaris-go you!

Cathy-ice that foot.

karen-and did you have tacos yesterday? And you will be doing an evening workout plus a morning workout when you do the 100. LOL Plus an afternoon workout.

Kat-enjoy the day off tomorrow. 2 mile walk better than the couch!

Lisa

Kilmisters

Lizzie, so what would happen if you actually wouldn't (specifically, w speedwork and stuff) train for a race... I mean for a year or two? Nothing. I took a 1.5yr break from any race or speedwork ambitions, doing only easy runs, after ankle injury, then pre-miniK months, and, you know what, the current ''comeback boost'' is incredibly refreshing. Just saying.

Sandy, sorry, but laughing about your pity party... You shouldn't watch that show if it brings such emotions Big grin

5.8mi today. The most ''just chilling'' run in weeks. Sunset, cool air, wore the new black&orange shoes (woo! same model as previous ones - GT2000-6, love them), random baggy Nike shirt and took the dog w me. She went out way, wayyy too fast (I couldn't do much about it Big grin), then dropped the pace after 2mi or so; we had 2 water breaks in the last 3kms. Now she's asleep and not moving Big grin Oops. Oh, and coach drove past us around 4th km, so, haha, plus points for me.

Procrastinated A LOT at work today (not that nothing was done, but I am soooo postponing touching that one last budget file, omg), so will regret it tomorrow most likely. Another oops.

Waving to everyone else, miniK has turned the grumpiness levels up. She has those evenings every now and then.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – I am with Ginny - I would not consider you a bum silly!

Judy – Have a good run! I hope they take care of your leaks!

Sandy – Enjoy your rest! I am sorry about your pity party Sad I have been there. I still have faith that you will find one of those good men. I will come over there and drag you to social events if I have to. LOL. You are pretty good about that, though. Hang in there! Look forward to that trip this weekend – that sounds like fun. 8:30min mile going up a hill!?! That is fast! I haven’t seen that number in a very long time haha. HCF should have the Harley by this weekend I think. I am jealous of your weekend plans! HCF has to work most of the weekend. I guess I am okay with watching TV trash all weekend Smile

Diane – Nice workout last night. That is considered speed work Smile

Ginny – See Ginny, this is why we need FALL. Smile I totally get the worn out feeling by 9:50 – I was worn out by 7am! Sucks having to push through the rest of the day like that! You are inspiring with your energy!

Docket – Good luck with the workout later! Sounds like it is going to be a tough one.

Cathy – NO. NO. NO. No foot problems allowed. I am hoping the extra day of rest tomorrow and some foam rolling will take care of it. Ugh. Interesting, my calf has a huge knot as well. I didn’t have time to foam roll this morning so I am just dealing with it. Defiantly need to later. Hope the 1:1 went well!! True, I am not injured. I am going to knock on some wood though Smile Eating lunch at the mall is fun? Well, I guess so Smile Wow, they come to your house for the EEG? That is pretty awesome. That way DD doesn’t have to stay in some weird room with sensors taped all over her. Aw, poor thing.

Karen – Awe, love the picture and the shirt!! I wouldn’t have gotten up for a long run either! Nope. I am going to have to try the Kroger brand cheerios!!

Kathryn – Uhm, whats wrong with sitting on the couch? When I am not running that is what I like to do. LOL. Nice job getting out there! Hope you are busy tonight! Makes the time go by faster!

HI Lisa!! You are a workout machine!!!

A little over an hour to go and I can take a nap! Smile Have to go by the store to pick up some fish and get my Ruger buddy from daycare after work..but after that..its couch time! I still haven't recovered from that run this morning.

Have a good afternoon everyone!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Kilmisters – Oh girl, I plan on taking a nice break after my fall races. Then another extended one after the Toledo race. I will still race, just smaller ones. Then I will hop back on the marathon train after my honeymoon! Nice run today! Glad it was a nice easy one Smile Procrastinating at work sometimes is okay if you ask me Smile